March 28, 2024, 09:19:24 AM

Author Topic: 'Too many blacks' in Italian under-20 ranks, says Sacchi  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Too many blacks' in Italian under-20 ranks, says Sacchi
« on: February 17, 2015, 02:46:48 AM »

'Too many blacks' in under-20 ranks, says Sacchi

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/too-many-blacks-under-20-ranks-says-sacchi-230825343--sow.html;_ylt=AwrTWVXlvOJUnUsAERPQtDMD

Milan (AFP) - Former AC Milan and Italy coach Arrigo Sacchi has hit out at Italy's youth set-up by claiming it features 'too many blacks' and 'too many foreigners'.

Sacchi, a renowned football coach and innovator who notably helped Milan to back-to-back European Cups in 1989 and 1990, was speaking at an awards ceremony in Montecatini Terme on Monday evening.

According to a website report on La Gazzetta dello Sport, the 68-year-old Sacchi used the occasion to hit out at the number of non-native Italians involved in the lower ranks of Italian football.

"Italy now has no dignity or pride, because we have too many foreigners playing in the under-20 leagues: in our youth sectors there are too many blacks," said Sacchi, a former director of Italy's national team at under-21 level.

Sacchi claimed he was not racist because he signed a player like Frank Rijkaard, a Dutchman of Surinamese origin.

But he insisted that 'too many coloured players' featured for Italian youth sides at the famous Viareggio tournament, known in footballing circles as the Viareggio Cup World Football Tournament.

"I'm certainly not racist, as my coaching history demonstrates with Rijkaard," added Sacchi.

"But look at the Viareggio tournament. I would say that there are too many coloured players, also in the under-20 teams in Italy."

When asked to clarify his remarks, Sacchi claims he had been misinterpreted.

"I've been misinterpreted, you think I'm really racist? All I said was I saw a game featuring a team who fielded four coloured players," he added.

"My history speaks for itself, I've always coached teams with great players from every colour and I've brought in a lot, whether to Milan or (Real) Madrid.

"I only wanted to underline that we are losing our national pride and identity."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Too many blacks' in Italian under-20 ranks, says Sacchi
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:24:26 AM »
No wonder Ballotelli has personality issues.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
He  signed one player so that justifies his defence of "non racist " what if these players were born in Italy but are of a non white ethnicity! Look and you wonder why some people does big up them teams at World Cup.

A coach ; a leader who could public ally spew this nonsense I. Today's world leave little to bedesiredfor those who follow him.
Utter nonsense. Ban he arse for life.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
That is what all racist opine. "I have black friends, too". Yo, Sack-he. Italy lost it's identity long time ago. You are no longer an all white team.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »
 I always respected Arrigo but this remark is racist. He gave no reason why colored players are bad in his statement either, as long as they win the cup or do well whats the problem?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
In England the racism is directed at non white in the game of cricket,there are many more non whites who should have been on the England,but many leave the game earlier because of racists attitude by the management against them.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
I always respected Arrigo but this remark is racist. He gave no reason why colored players are bad in his statement either, as long as they win the cup or do well whats the problem?

Like yuh aint read wha the man say or wha? He fear a loss of national pride and Italian identity. He pretty much saying too many blacks on the team is ah loss of national pride and Italian identity regardless if they born in Italy or not.  :bs:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »

Like yuh aint read wha the man say or wha? He fear a loss of national pride and Italian identity. He pretty much saying too many blacks on the team is ah loss of national pride and Italian identity regardless if they born in Italy or not.  :bs:

no problem with man like Camoranesi, Motta eta all tho...Sacchi i ent look for you dey man.  funny thing is them "coloreds" as he call them are there on merit, italy ent exactly producing world beaters...who's the star at Juventus?? Pogba...talk done

1]; } ?>