April 19, 2024, 11:49:26 AM

Author Topic: Hart names 22-man squad for up-coming friendlies.  (Read 14971 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hart names 22-man squad for up-coming friendlies.
« on: May 13, 2014, 03:59:08 PM »
Hart names 22-man squad for up-coming friendlies.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart today announced a 22-man squad for the upcoming friendlies against Argentina and Iran.

Hart has one newcomer in his squad, former England Under 20 defender Gavin Hoyte, younger brother of current senior team defender Justin Hoyte.

Cardiff City Kenwyne Jones will captain the team which includes a host of players who have been part of the national team for recent matches including the back to back victories over Jamaica last November. T&T plays Argentina at the Estadio Monumental on June 4th and Iran in Sao Paolo on June 8th.

Hart was firm in his comments and expectations ahead of the match as he spoke at a press briefing at the TTFA offices, Hasely Crawford Stadium today.

“Ideally we’d love to win the two games but we have to be realistic. We’re coming together maybe ten days before the game as we’re hoping to have a training camp with most of the players selected here from May 20th,” Hart said.

“Both Argentina and Iran will be comfortable as they will be fully prepared for a World Cup which starts a few days after our matches. But surely this is a wonderful opportunity for us to test our level of readiness against two great opponents.

“Regarding the squad, I tried to come up with the best possible names considering that the games are being played outside of a FIFA date and clubs are not obliged to release the players. But we’ve come up with a pretty decent list and I’m sure everyone will be very eager to do their best in the matches,” Hart added.

The team departs for Buenos Aires on June 1 on a charter which is being supported by the Ministry of Tourism. The team along with local fans will be based at the Etoile Hotel in Buenos Aires. The Ministry of Sport is also a supporter of the National team for these upcoming matches.

T&T Squad for Argentina and Iran matches

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic FC).

Defenders

Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Justin Hoyte (Millwall), Gavin Hoyte (Dagenham & Redbridge), Radanfah Abu Bakr (FK Kruoja Pakruojis), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Ataullah Guerra (Central FC), Andre Boucaud (unattached), Kevan George (Dayton Dutch Lions), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Marcus Joseph (Point Fortin Civic FC), Kevin Molino (Orlando City).

Forwards

Rundell Winchester (Central FC), Willis Plaza (Central FC), Trevin Caesar (North East Stars), Kenwyne Jones (Cardiff City).

Standby

Defender

Yohance Marshall (Central FC).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:40:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hart names 22-man squad for up-coming friendlies.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »
ah only get 14..I would have really liked David, Hector, Glen (for big game performance/experience).
Hoyte & Mitchell even play football since they leave TT last ?

add: man was only suppose to give he squad monday...we didn't even debate we own yet.. >:(  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:10:57 PM by maxg »

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
Theobald Ah gain

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Who going?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »
hector contract have one ah dem dotish no NTD stipulations again or what ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
I know Hart can't pick everyone and to be honest we wasting time with Theobald.

Apart from Glen, Hector, David, Power, Cato and Primus not getting de call, maybe club commitment.

2 locals I would have given a chance would be, Leston Paul and Alvin Jones. I am sure having them on the senior team even if they not playing would open they eyes a little, Hart could develop them mentally a little better, like Knewyne is not the same player he use to be under Hart.

Theobald should be assistant coach and drop off Derek King or Hutson Charles. He experience, and have de verbal ability to be a decent coach.

Zane Coker, Kareem Moses, Shahdon Winchester, Nuru Muhammad, Omar Charles, Shackiel Henry, Jemel Sebro, Jamal Jack and Dwight Quintero are some decent players to watch.

But good squad.

Good luck fellas.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:41:22 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
Justin Hoyte been playing with Millwall reserve team apparently. And even if he eh fit enough, he go be useful off the field to help his bro settle in.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
That is a world cup squad right there....I would hv like to see peltier and plaza team up front....flat 442. We winning!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
One standby? Weird. Not happy that Gavin Hoyte comes out from League 2 to supplant the best defender this year in the Pro League - but not everyone can be happy with a squad of 22 - also why is it 22 and not 23?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
where is Glen and Cato?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »
Nice team. Good to see that we have some depth in all positions. Apart from Bleeder this is a solid side.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
The more I think about a single-man standby list the more worried I am - it seems a bit like a slap n the face... Also he's been watching Pro League all season but picks G Hoyte? Carlyle Mitchell has played 0 games for Vancouver 17 games in and he's picked? How can he have seen him and Hoyte play? What message does that send to the local lads?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:38:52 PM by Tiresais »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
The more I think about a single-man standby list the more worried I am - it seems a bit like a slap n the face... Also he's been watching Pro League all season but picks G Hoyte? Carlyle Mitchell has played 0 games for Vancouver 17 games in and he's picked? How can he have seen him and Hoyte play? What message does that send to the local lads?

Actually, you've answered your ultimate question ... if you think about it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 05:46:21 PM »
That is a world cup squad right there....I would hv like to see peltier and plaza team up front....flat 442. We winning!

During the coming WC, please make note of how many squads rely on 4-4-2. Upon completion, please report your findings.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »

I get the alternate conclusion, but I don't share it. Hoyte has been playing at League 2 for 3/4 years now and hasn't caught anyone's eye yet. League 2 is not as good as Pro League - I'm the only one in this forum likely to have seen both - Pro League operates between League One and Championship.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:50:40 PM by Tiresais »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »
I know Hart can't pick everyone and to be honest we wasting time with Theobald.

I think he dey solely dey because of his experience and also because he's two shy of 100 caps.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
Nice team, but too many good players for just 2 games. I feel we could play another team before the Argentina game, we can't just go into a top quality game with zero preparations.

Sheldon is the man when it comes to negotiation and I am sure he could link an additional game?

Would love to see Gavin Hoyte perform. And I know Justin has not been playing, but the guy is a true professional and was one of our better defenders in the last set of games, saved us many times and he is the fastest to, and was not playing regular club football, so he is a must.

Cant see Curtis Gonzales and Densill Theobald getting any playing time. Curtis Gonzales maybe, I like him though, but this squad to big.

Carlyle Mitchell fitness might be question mark, but we'll see.

There are 11 local players on the team and people here still complaining.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »

I get the alternate conclusion, but I don't share it. Hoyte has been playing at League 2 for 3/4 years now and hasn't caught anyone's eye yet. League 2 is not as good as Pro League - I'm the only one in this forum likely to have seen both - Pro League operates between League One and Championship.

Strongly disagree.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »
This is the best time to pick Hoyte. Let's see how good he is. He only 23!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »

Strongly disagree.

Cool, well happy to be wrong - after all we all want T&T to win these games.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »
We have a lot of depth, we just need to bring everyone up to a high level.

And now that the Caribbean football cup is part of the FIFA calendar, we should have most of these guys for the Caribbean Cup.

Good team Mr Hart.

Players perform different under different coaches, lighten up Tiresais.

We have friendly games for the purpose to see players.

I really do not care to much about winning, but if we do I will be very, very, very happy. I just want respectable performances.

Lets win the games that matters, we can't win everything, but beating Argentina at any level is a BIG BONUS.

;D

My eyes will be on Kenwyne. Lets see if its really the coach that makes him play, because he sucks for his club but was one of our best players on the national team last year.

By the way, who is the captain?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »
Nice team, but too many good players for just 2 games. I feel we could play another team before the Argentina game, we can't just go into a top quality game with zero preparations.

Sheldon is the man when it comes to negotiation and I am sure he could link an additional game?

Would love to see Gavin Hoyte perform. And I know Justin has not been playing, but the guy is a true professional and was one of our better defenders in the last set of games, saved us many times and he is the fastest to, and was not playing regular club football, so he is a must.

Cant see Curtis Gonzales and Densill Theobald getting any playing time. Curtis Gonzales maybe, I like him though, but this squad to big.

Carlyle Mitchell fitness might be question mark, but we'll see.

There are 11 local players on the team and people here still complaining.

Yea I'm just complaining about the defence really, partly 'cause I'm biased but mostly because I disagree with the timing of Gavin Hoyte - I'm viewing the Argentina game through the prism of reward as much as challenge, and it would have been nice to give that to local players rather than a player who we full-well know would have picked England if he and his brother had the chance, and Mitchell who hasn't played a game all season.

Again, bitterness ya de ya, we all have very different opinions on who should form a NT so that's just mine.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »

And now that the Caribbean football cup is part of the FIFA calendar, we should have most of these guys for the Caribbean Cup.

Good team Mr Hart.

I really do not care to much about winning, but if we do I will be very, very, very happy. I just want respectable performances.

Lets win the games that matters, we can't win everything, but beating Argentina at any level is a BIG BONUS.

;D

My eyes will be on Kenwyne. Lets see if its really the coach that makes him play, because he sucks for his club but was one of our best players on the national team last year.

Kenwyne in all likelihood given he was captain last time round. I'm not that down tbh, I'm happy to see some newish blood up-front, just a tad disappointed in the defence.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »
Again, bitterness ya de ya, we all have very different opinions on who should form a NT so that's just mine.

I imagine you were protesting outside Januzaj's house ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 06:22:43 PM »

Strongly disagree.

Cool, well happy to be wrong - after all we all want T&T to win these games.

Status quo.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »

Good team Mr Hart.

;D

Kenwyne in all likelihood given he was captain last time round. I'm not that down tbh, I'm happy to see some newish blood up-front, just a tad disappointed in the defence.

cyrus has the talent and skill to be world class defender, playing in either serie a or epl... bateau and hoyte can hold their own.. mitchell bc of his lack of match prep and abu bc he can have a great game or bad game are my concerns..

however, SH will play a holding mid that will sit above the back line and serve as a 5th defender in all likelihood we will be fine... hence bleeder and hyland will fill that spot... I also don't think we will play 2 strikers, if we do to begin with I will be  very surprised

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
Phillip
Cyrus
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Peltier
Guerra
Hyland(HM)
Boucard
Molino
Jones(C)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:13:03 PM by Controversial »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »
After this hart better get himself on a plane an approach players like de leon , shannon William  and also head to England to do some recruiting .... time to rid our program of denzil(SEVERED US WELL) .. i am sure boucuad  J hoyte and even K jones  will not be around also in 3 years time ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
Well Tiresais 2 things, 1. Just because a player plays in a poor league doesnt make him poor. Gyan plays in the UAE but would start for half the teams in the WC. 2. I believe Marshall should have as gripe with ABU Bakr's selection instead of G Hoyte's. Marshall is primarily a CB and so is Bakr, while Hoyte is a RB. Also Bakr has only played 3 matches in a poor league, and his plane ticket is probably one of the most expensive. That money could have been used on one of the 3 players insider was talking about yesterday.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »
Well Tiresais 2 things, 1. Just because a player plays in a poor league doesnt make him poor. Gyan plays in the UAE but would start for half the teams in the WC. 2. I believe Marshall should have as gripe with ABU Bakr's selection instead of G Hoyte's. Marshall is primarily a CB and so is Bakr, while Hoyte is a RB. Also Bakr has only played 3 matches in a poor league, and his plane ticket is probably one of the most expensive. That money could have been used on one of the 3 players insider was talking about yesterday.

who is marshall? hart may play abu bc of the height advantage... i assume you mean mitchell? dropping g hoyte into the starting line immediately is something i doubt will happen, if SH not happy with bateau or abu then mitchell will figure into that mix and if gavin impresses, maybe a sub...

who are the mysterious 3 foreign internationals?

just read insiders post, he must mean hector, glenn, power and primus maybe?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:14:17 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>