April 24, 2024, 04:47:54 PM

Author Topic: News from the motherland.  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
News from the motherland.
« on: May 16, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
1. The 06 guys will be looking at the possibility of winding up TTFA in next few weeks.

2. Clubs who are in the Pro Bowl final on Friday 23rd May will not be releasing the requested players for Hart's camp. Main concern is the winner of W Connection vs Central.

3. Cyrus is being sent to Vietnam on Saturday 17th May and won't be available to Hart. This is a fantastically bad decision as he will miss the biggest stage of his career. Also, the possibility of being on show to the whole football world must be more sensible than disappearing into Vietnam? Not sure if Cyrus is too happy, but he's taking the advice of Williams and has called Stephen Hart to explain.

4. There are whispers that Central F.C. are putting together a pre season tour of Europe, including Fenwick's club in Belgium.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: News from the motherland.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:34:44 PM »
1. The 06 guys will be looking at the possibility of winding up TTFA in next few weeks.

2. Clubs who are in the Pro Bowl final on Friday 23rd May will not be releasing the requested players for Hart's camp. Main concern is the winner of W Connection vs Central.

3. Cyrus is being sent to Vietnam on Saturday 17th May and won't be available to Hart. This is a fantastically bad decision as he will miss the biggest stage of his career. Also, the possibility of being on show to the whole football world must be more sensible than disappearing into Vietnam? Not sure if Cyrus is too happy, but he's taking the advice of Williams and has called Stephen Hart to explain.

4. There are whispers that Central F.C. are putting together a pre season tour of Europe, including Fenwick's club in Belgium.

If dahis de case ... well put. Curious as to what the overriding argument is on the other side.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »

williams foolish or just thirtsy for a pay check? maybe even some money under the table? bc i can't see the logic in sending him to vietnam over playing against argentina? the pfl needs to be demolished and revamped, just plain spitefulness not to let their players go...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:09:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
You have interesting info there, hopefully Central will swing by my way and I'll get to see them :) Another interesting decision by Cyrus - didn't he just opt out of his last trial in SE Asia? Has he realised how much he missed, and taken another bad move to correct the last bad move?

It'd be a great shame if they didn't release players - but why wouldn't they? CFU isn't till next year and we have no one in the CONCACAF this year (Bayamon of Puerto Rico and Waterhouse of Jamaica and Alpha of Guyana are in it). What's the angle?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »

williams foolish or just thirtsy for a pay check? maybe even some money under the table? bc i can't see the logic in sending him to vietnam over playing against argentina? the pfl needs to be demolished and revamped, just plain spitefulness not to let their players go...

Why de hell he cyah go Vietnam after June 8th... Foolishness.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »

Way soccerrama to explain this one?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
Cyrus seems destined to have a "what if", disappointing kind of career. He went to MLS played well then got injured and released. Went to Vietnam the 1st time and failed the trial thinking the contract was already signed. Came back played a couple really good games at the gold cup. Went to Belgium and had a glamour trial recommended personally by Leo, and failed again. Then he skipped the OSN Cup and got on the bad side of Hart. Had a good season in the pro league and got called up to the two glamour matches and is now being sent back to vietnam. His career would have probably been much different if he didn't get injured while with Kansas City. But honestly hes had chances and simply didnt grab it.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
You have interesting info there, hopefully Central will swing by my way and I'll get to see them :) Another interesting decision by Cyrus - didn't he just opt out of his last trial in SE Asia? Has he realised how much he missed, and taken another bad move to correct the last bad move?

It'd be a great shame if they didn't release players - but why wouldn't they? CFU isn't till next year and we have no one in the CONCACAF this year (Bayamon of Puerto Rico and Waterhouse of Jamaica and Alpha of Guyana are in it). What's the angle?

I'm not sure if Central will even be visiting Tobago at the moment. But it would be good to visit Belgium (if they pay!!)

The Digicel Pro Bowl Final will be next Friday. Originally it was scheduled for tonight, so I guess Hart made plans for his camp accordingly. Should Central win tonight, a decision will be made regarding the release of the players. While we would wish to support Stephen Hart in every way, it would be crazy to give up four (or five) key players in the week before a $100,000 cup final. However, I'm sure some kind of compromise will be made.
I expect W.Connection will be equally professional should they win through tonight.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
While I would never profess to speak on behalf of Mr Williams or W.Connection, the situation with Cyrus (if true) is easily explainable.

If you are looking to move a player overseas, you would plan and negotiate in advance. So if you believe the last domestic fixture is the 16th May, the player would move afterwards. If the national team have not announced when they will be in camp, you send the player, knowing the TTFA will bring him back for camp.

So if the above was the case with Cyrus, how could the club know when the camp would begin?

Once a contract or agreement is signed, you are committed unless the other club is prepared to wait another 6 weeks for their player, all the time paying his wages. I would imagine the coach in Vietnam is more interested in getting his player settled into the squad rather than playing a friendly in South America.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
Dynamite, refresh meh memory ... which club was Cyrus' trial in Belgium with?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
While I would never profess to speak on behalf of Mr Williams or W.Connection, the situation with Cyrus (if true) is easily explainable.

If you are looking to move a player overseas, you would plan and negotiate in advance. So if you believe the last domestic fixture is the 16th May, the player would move afterwards. If the national team have not announced when they will be in camp, you send the player, knowing the TTFA will bring him back for camp.

So if the above was the case with Cyrus, how could the club know when the camp would begin?

Once a contract or agreement is signed, you are committed unless the other club is prepared to wait another 6 weeks for their player, all the time paying his wages. I would imagine the coach in Vietnam is more interested in getting his player settled into the squad rather than playing a friendly in South America.

not condemning your viewpoint in any way but from a sheer marketing perspective and somewhat of a devil's advocate, wouldn't waiting for a few weeks to 6 weeks and allowing Cyrus to play against Argentina and iran afford vietnam with the chance to have a player, hypothetically speaking with a higher value if he performs well against argentina and iran.

Hence, raising his stock? Also good for Williams as well? Is there a stipulation where they can withold wages until arrival?

It is not just a friendly in south america, it's a contender for the world cup and can raise his value quite substantially, knowing Cyrus has the quality to be a world class defender... JMHO

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »

I'm not sure if Central will even be visiting Tobago at the moment. But it would be good to visit Belgium (if they pay!!)

The Digicel Pro Bowl Final will be next Friday. Originally it was scheduled for tonight, so I guess Hart made plans for his camp accordingly. Should Central win tonight, a decision will be made regarding the release of the players. While we would wish to support Stephen Hart in every way, it would be crazy to give up four (or five) key players in the week before a $100,000 cup final. However, I'm sure some kind of compromise will be made.
I expect W.Connection will be equally professional should they win through tonight.

Once again, not condemning your point of view. I understand your position where your 100k is at stake but if a scout sees one or two or all of your players and in the long term it gets them to a better team. Would it not benefit your club and also the players?

I believe national duty in instances such as these such always come first, especially when it can benefit the player and nation. Once again jmho... I would never rob a player of the opportunity of playing against Argentina for the world to see... Even if I was club owner...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

williams and the pfl club owners don't care bro... club vs country in TT... some coaches rather not see Hart as coach and hope he fails as well.. so they will not help his cause...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
This friggin league should have finish long time ago. Is nine friggin teams. Always postponing matches at last minute. How the hell they expect to advance. Scarp the friggin league, yes.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Allyuh want de Pro League to progress but allyuh want de Pro League to be backward at de same time? Which serious league in dis world  giving man a bligh because, 'Oh gosh, is Argentina'?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »

williams and the pfl club owners don't care bro... club vs country in TT... some coaches rather not see Hart as coach and hope he fails as well.. so they will not help his cause...

This.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 06:45:16 PM »
some coaches rather not see Hart as coach and hope he fails as well.. so they will not help his cause...

I have issues with the league, if you see meh post above.  But is this the fault of the coaches ? They don't set the agenda of the league. Is Dexter and the club owners who are accountable. The owners does hire and fire coaches as they want. The only teflon coaches are Stuart-Charles and Shabazz. My biggest peeve with this league is that the season too friggin' long. The season shoulda finish about a month ago and Hart could have ggotten guys to practice. And even if Cyrus was to leave, he would not have had any issue with replacement. But we have enough decent defenders who could step in. maybe not as effective as Cyrus.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »
Allyuh want de Pro League to progress but allyuh want de Pro League to be backward at de same time? Which serious league in dis world  giving man a bligh because, 'Oh gosh, is Argentina'?

which serious league and coaches would send their players to vietnam? if this was england you think they would be in this position?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyrus pulls out South America tour: T&T defender returns to Vietnam
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
Cyrus pulls out Warriors tour: T&T defender returns to Vietnam
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Once again, 23-year-old Trinidad and Tobago defender has withdrawn from international duty to pursue a professional career in Vietnam. This time, he won’t come back. Perhaps.

As DIRECTV W Connection prepared to face Central FC in the 2014 Digicel Pro Bowl semifinals, Cyrus was on his way to the Piarco International Airport for a day and a half trip to Hanoi, Vietnam.

Connection owner David John Williams confirmed that Cyrus has agreed personal terms on a year and a half deal, which should see him remain with Hanoi T&T until late 2015.

“We agreed a deal late last night and it was personal terms he couldn’t refuse,” Williams told Wired868. “It is a very good deal for the player.”

The Vietnam transfer window, according to Williams, closes on Monday; so there was no chance that Cyrus could postpone his move to represent the “Soca Warriors” in friendlies against Argentina and Iran next month.
It will be Cyrus’ third trip to Vietnam in three years and Williams hopes the third time is a charm.

In November 2012, Cyrus withdrew from the Trinidad and Tobago national football team squad just before the Caribbean Cup semifinal qualifying group stage to go on trial with Song Lam Nghe alongside Willis Plaza and Hughton Hector.

All three players were subsequently offered contracts but Cyrus refused to sign after Song Lam insisted that they miss the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Cyrus, who was one of his country’s top performers at the Gold Cup, returned to Vietnam last November after a deal was supposedly agreed with Hanoi T&T in advance. But it fell through.

“It was a pre-arranged deal,” Williams said then. “… All they wanted was for him to train twice and play a 90-minute game to prove his fitness. But it didn’t work out…

“He didn’t feel he adjusted to the situation over there.”

Williams is confident things would work out this time and explained that Hanoi never gave up its pursuit of the player.

“They always wanted him but I am a tough negotiator,” said Williams. “They came back and I said no and they kept harping until they made an offer we couldn’t refuse…

“He wanted to play tonight (in the Pro Bowl semifinals) but we didn’t want to hold him back. We are not a club that holds back players.”

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart admitted to mixed feelings about Cyrus’ impending transfer, though.

“I understand he has to look after his interests but there are a lot of things to weigh,” Hart told Wired868. “What is your international career going to look like when you have to fly for 30 hours and across several time zones every time you have to play for your country?

“And then some of these Asian clubs put stipulations in the players’ contracts which do not allow them to represent their country; although I don’t know the details of this contract.”

Hart confirmed that Central FC defender Yohance Marshall will take Cyrus’ place in the national team for their mini-South American tour. And, if he stays in Vietnam this time, the Warriors are likely to lose a key player for their 2015 Caribbean Cup campaign as well.

For more reasons than one, the national coach expressed regret that Cyrus did not secure a deal with Belgium top flight club, Racing Genk, after his trial there last year. Hart suggested that a Belgium move would have made the defender more accessible to not only the national team but scouts from top European outfits as well.

“To me, Cyrus is one of the players who has talent to go to Europe and do well,” said Hart, “once he has the right mentality and so on.”

It is Hanoi T&T that caught Cyrus’ attention, though, and he will join 29-year-old former club and national teammate Hughtun Hector at the Vietnamese team.

Williams did not reveal any financial details of the move. But he insisted that Hanoi T&T made the 37-hour trip financially worth the while of the former two-time World Youth Cup player.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:42:56 AM by Flex »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyrus pulls out South America tour: T&T defender returns to Vietnam
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »
He should be in Europe.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »
He should be in Europe.

We all agree with this but i think Hart hit the nail when he said (he has the talent to be in europe) “once he has the right mentality". I think this is key and the fact that Hart said this actually says alot. Maybe this is the difference between Cyrus and Bateau. In my opinion Cyrus is a more talented player but from what i see and read Bateau is probably a more focused player.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
Waiting for the day that the Vietnam leg of the European dream sees a player move from Hanoi to Europe. Right now it's money in a player's pocket. However, still looking for viable evidence that these moves are career builders rather than livelihood sustainers.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
Missing out on playing against a WC Argentine team for a 1 1/2 year contact in Vietnam??? We do not know the details of the contract and I can't tell the player how to earn his living but playing against Argentina is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it has the potential to open doors on a bigger stage.

What W. Connection could have done to Cryus had he declined the move to Vietnam?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
How would Cyrus have known that T&T would be playing Argentina back in December? He made his decision then, not this week. It's not his fault that Hanoi won't release him.

My only concern is that he is a player with enough talent to play in Europe.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »
Ding ding ding ---- calling CATO. Call number two---- Yohance Marshall.  Ding-------

One of the issues with national football today- the thirst andd hunger to represent ones nation is not so deeply felt by all.  The lure of money appears to be a far greater desire. Not blaming  the players either after the mistreatment exploitation and the futile promises made by organizations and so called " advisors"  The players at times seldom reap the maximum benefits from their service.

To day the sport of football in Trinidad and Tobago does not have the fan support as long ago. The " rip off artists " have diced and sliced one of our national past times that you could get  young players without the seemingly burning pride to represent ones land.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 09:43:40 PM »
Bad minded ness - National pride taken over by greed envy spite jealousy and unpatriotic  fools

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:30 PM »
national football today- the thirst andd hunger to represent ones nation is not so deeply felt by all.  The lure of money appears to be a far greater desire.

That is not true. Cricketers get offers to play in India and they don't rep TT. How come we don't here all this. Not that I like the situation. Hart will find a replacement.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
We also have a regional cricket team- which has more acclaim than the national cricket team. When you consider the days and following of football in the 60s - the north - south classes and the desire to play for ones country to how these young players could just wash that aside it's a4king shame on all sides.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 11:39:20 PM »
national football today- the thirst andd hunger to represent ones nation is not so deeply felt by all.  The lure of money appears to be a far greater desire.

That is not true. Cricketers get offers to play in India and they don't rep TT. How come we don't here all this. Not that I like the situation. Hart will find a replacement.

i get what you saying brother but different scenario, west indies always play the best and beat the best in the past... argentina is a once in a lifetime thing, before the wc in brazil... historic..

a defender like cyrus should be in europe, the first time i saw the man play for 20 mins and i knew right away he could be our best defender and had the potential to be world class, hes wasting his talent in vietnam and allowing idiots like williams to enslave him...

1]; } ?>