April 19, 2024, 03:31:13 PM

Author Topic: News from the motherland.  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Cyrus pulls out South America tour: T&T defender returns to Vietnam
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 11:42:12 PM »
He should be in Europe.

at the very least, s america or the US... but vietnam with all that talent and missing big matches that could elevate his career.. nah that's too much bull

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »
How would Cyrus have known that T&T would be playing Argentina back in December? He made his decision then, not this week. It's not his fault that Hanoi won't release him.

My only concern is that he is a player with enough talent to play in Europe.

no offense fs but tt is not england, that is in the wc every 4 years.. when our players get the chance to be seen on the world stage, they better grasp that chance and the knucklehead locals coaches in TT better cut their bull and start being unselfish... instead of ruining players careers for their own selfish gains
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:52:05 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 02:02:57 AM »
How would Cyrus have known that T&T would be playing Argentina back in December? He made his decision then, not this week. It's not his fault that Hanoi won't release him.

My only concern is that he is a player with enough talent to play in Europe.

De same Hanoi who set him up last trial or de same one that Hector playing for but bitching he eh get call up.

If Cyrus had known, why didn't he say so then?

W Connection eh stuipd, they know Cyrus had trials, they could have advise someone if they had known in advance because Cyrus is a T&T regular.

When St Lucian Connection eh get call up yuh go hear DJ Williams mouth.

Expect Joevin to leave soon to.

Life funny, they might end up like de greddy dog who end up eh getting othing.

There is a better way to do things.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: News from the motherland.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 03:21:06 AM »
Expect Joevin Jones  in Vietnam soon  :o :o
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:23:09 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 05:24:57 AM »
national football today- the thirst andd hunger to represent ones nation is not so deeply felt by all.  The lure of money appears to be a far greater desire.

That is not true. Cricketers get offers to play in India and they don't rep TT. How come we don't here all this. Not that I like the situation. Hart will find a replacement.

i get what you saying brother but different scenario, west indies always play the best and beat the best in the past... argentina is a once in a lifetime thing, before the wc in brazil... historic..

a defender like cyrus should be in europe, the first time i saw the man play for 20 mins and i knew right away he could be our best defender and had the potential to be world class, hes wasting his talent in vietnam and allowing idiots like williams to enslave him...

We may not agree with the situation, We don't know how this contrct was structured. But Cyrus is a big man and he made a choice to sign to play for Williams and agree to the contract. I don't know Cyrus situation, but he made his bed and he has to sleep on it. Maybe he should have gone to Rangers or even join the DF. But the end of the day Williams made a business decision most of us don't like. Williams can't make decision around TT friendly schedule. I will argue vehemently for CFU, CG and WC. When allyuh get allyuh big money and buy a franchise, allyuh go run it for allyuh benefit. To win and make money. This is not a sunday morning league. Hart will find a suitable replacement.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 06:58:18 AM »
Of course, and everyone on this team replaceable , no one or two absences will make that big a difference. It's just some players are more entertaining due to their nature. I don't think there is a problem finding a replacement to excite  the strategy required to play Argentina.
Maybe as well, game might be cancelled. Then what would have Cyrus and Hanoi TT - ah like that name ,- waited for. Playing against Sweden, England, inside the WC, got us how many opportunities again? Maybe a couple drinks in a Port Vale pub. And some "love u long time' in some fete. Not no big wuk. Everybody remained almost exactly where they were or demoted. Why playing Argentina go get yuh big wuk. Dreaming in technicolor or what  ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
Ah feel it's time for a Socawarriors fact-finding mission to Vietnam.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
Vietnam, you have to be joking. That can never be for betterment, that's just to eat ah food.

If I am a NT head coach I not calling anyone from Vietnam to play on a NT. Is better I use Super League players.

Time for T&T players to man up and stop talking and truly commit to being ah Professional. They just want to make enough money to flash, they don't want the rigors of a true Pro set up. They want somewhere where they can make money but not have to do that extra.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »
Ah feel it's time for a Socawarriors fact-finding mission to Vietnam.

for the best pho and... :D :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
Vietnam, you have to be joking. That can never be for betterment, that's just to eat ah food.

If I am a NT head coach I not calling anyone from Vietnam to play on a NT. Is better I use Super League players.

Time for T&T players to man up and stop talking and truly commit to being ah Professional. They just want to make enough money to flash, they don't want the rigors of a true Pro set up. They want somewhere where they can make money but not have to do that extra.

williams not joking, he dead serious, like i tell ab trini, cyrus moving on to greener pastures and the best pho in the world...

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »

This is so so so true. This generation of players from Trinidad just want some change in their pocket. They eh want to be no recognized footballer  of true talent. Working hard, sweat and being the best at what you do gone out the window. They lack fight and pride, you really feel we should need a big coach to beat Guyana and Bermuda.  Pure pride alone should cut dem teams ass.  As for the TTFF they eh offering nothing new. Is pure salt. Watch what go happen after Iran

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 02:00:20 AM »

This is so so so true. This generation of players from Trinidad just want some change in their pocket. They eh want to be no recognized footballer  of true talent. Working hard, sweat and being the best at what you do gone out the window. They lack fight and pride, you really feel we should need a big coach to beat Guyana and Bermuda.  Pure pride alone should cut dem teams ass.  As for the TTFF they eh offering nothing new. Is pure salt. Watch what go happen after Iran

You are being way too harsh on these players - at the end of the day it's their job, and that job has a very short lifespan - what they going to do after 32? 35? You shouldn't be so dismissive, at the end of the day would you turn down a better paid job?

Recognition is what every player wants, but they probably also want a family and to be able to support themselves.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 02:44:12 PM »
Where the army of Cyrus Hanoi T & T in the format on loan, with a term of 1.5 years and enjoyed food at an acceptable level is at around $ 6,000 / month

Is the writer trying to use the "eat ah food" reference in this sentence? lol...it looks like we got the English translated version of the article so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 07:28:20 PM »
Where the army of Cyrus Hanoi T & T in the format on loan, with a term of 1.5 years and enjoyed food at an acceptable level is at around $ 6,000 / month

Is the writer trying to use the "eat ah food" reference in this sentence? lol...it looks like we got the English translated version of the article so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

We can sit here and judge his decision and the influencers that shape his choices but what happens if we have a dismal game against Argentina? The game against Iran is a closed door game if i am not mistaken, he could take the chance yes and hope to shine and who knows where it may lead but what do you tell the lad after if we take a heavy scoreline? Hard luck, you will get another chance? He is not a striker or attacking mid who may shine in spurts regardless of the scoreline, he is a defender, going up against some of the best attacking players in the world. I would have wanted him to play against Argentina because he will make T&T a stronger team but i not going to crucify him for doing this.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 10:33:05 PM »

We can sit here and judge his decision and the influencers that shape his choices but what happens if we have a dismal game against Argentina? The game against Iran is a closed door game if i am not mistaken, he could take the chance yes and hope to shine and who knows where it may lead but what do you tell the lad after if we take a heavy scoreline? Hard luck, you will get another chance? He is not a striker or attacking mid who may shine in spurts regardless of the scoreline, he is a defender, going up against some of the best attacking players in the world. I would have wanted him to play against Argentina because he will make T&T a stronger team but i not going to crucify him for doing this.

so lemme guess, fear argentina...

forget that bull, fear God... play to win and play hard... go out there to show you can stop them.. if he is scared, then he deserves to be in vietnam and not in europe, top class ball is not for the faint of heart

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 05:19:47 AM »

forget that bull, fear God... play to win and play hard... go out there to show you can stop them.. if he is scared, then he deserves to be in vietnam and not in europe, top class ball is not for the faint of heart

You're missing my point, I want him there but I not going to crucify him on this.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »

You're missing my point, I want him there but I not going to crucify him on this.

initially my disgust was aimed at the coach and owner... and it still is...

1]; } ?>