April 19, 2024, 07:18:14 PM

Author Topic: TTOC requests TRI be changed to TTO  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
TTOC requests TRI be changed to TTO
« on: May 26, 2014, 02:38:15 AM »
Got this on my twitter feed. Thanks TTOC for requesting proper international representation for our twin-island republic.

TT Olympic Committee ‏@OlympicTT  5h
"@briaclew: After years of TRI. TTO means Trinidad and Tobago. @OlympicTT asked IOC to approve change from TRI to TTO"

Now it's to see what backlash Socawarriors.net will get IF they ever change 'Trinis in Action' to 'Trinbagonians in Action' (on the football link). Don't think the TTOC will get any.

Blessings and enjoy the day
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTOC requests TRI be changed to TTO
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
Got this on my twitter feed. Thanks TTOC for requesting proper international representation for our twin-island republic.

"@briaclew: After years of TRI. TTO means Trinidad and Tobago. @OlympicTT asked IOC to approve change from TRI to TTO"

Now it's to see what backlash Socawarriors.net will get IF they ever change 'Trinis in Action' to 'Trinbagonians in Action' (on the football link). Don't think the TTOC will get any.

Richard G.

Bovell had suggested TNT years ago instead of TRI.
I guess the TTOC felt TTO is better.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »

Richard G.

Although mindful of "Trinbagonian", this issue is something that escaped me.  :applause:

Might have been interesting to see what other formulations ppl would come up with aside from TTO.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 12:22:05 PM »

Although mindful of "Trinbagonian", this issue is something that escaped me.  :applause:

Might have been interesting to see what other formulations ppl would come up with aside from TTO.

TNT would have been cool, I guess the whole Explosive meaning would have both a positive and negative.
Seems we getting success with TTO, so it's all good
whey boy!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
TNT would have been cool

Turner broadcasting might tried to sue for tiefin the name.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
TNT would have been cool

Turner broadcasting might tried to sue for tiefin the name.

Its is not a brand name, its simply an abbreviation so no one with sense was going to sue for anything.

TTO is perfect for us and is already being used as we could clearly see at the recently concluded World Relays.

They did not go with T&T or TNT because the IAAF never use any of the letters from the word "and" or the symbol "&" in their three letter abbreviations for countries.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>