March 28, 2024, 07:07:01 AM

Author Topic: Sunil Narine kicked out 1st test for leading team to Ipl Final  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wicb boss gives ultimatum :miss final or miss first test.Says players where given an extension to stay but not guide team to finals.And that he must come back with the other losing players.
Reason given is that Otis Gibson and staff must prepare him for the showcase game of the summer vs New Zealand .
Owner of the Knightriders says he would fly him home by private jet after the game but no was the answer.

socafighter

Re: Sunil Narine kicked out 1st test for leading team to Ipl Final
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
West Indies news Narine picks IPL over Tests
ESPNcricinfo staff
May 30, 2014

Sunil Narine's decision to stay with Kolkata Knight Riders for the IPL final on Sunday will result in him not being considered for next month's Test series against New Zealand. Narine had been given a June 1 deadline by the WICB to join the training camp ahead of the Tests which start on June 8. Most other West Indians in the IPL have been able to meet that deadline, but with Knight Riders making the final, Narine's stay in the IPL has been extended.

Richard Pybus, the WICB director of cricket, said the new "West Indies First" policy required players to make themselves available for team's preparatory camps. "The onus of the WICB is to protect the integrity of international cricket at all times. International cricket, and specifically Test cricket, is priority and requires dedicated preparation which is integral to team success," he said. "The WICB policy requires players to commit to sufficient preparation leading in to a series as part of a culture of excellence."

Without Narine, West Indies would be short of a key bowler who has made his reputation principally in the shorter versions of the game (he is ranked No.3 in ODIs and No.2 in T20 Internationals by the ICC), but who has 18 of his 21 Test wickets against New Zealand, in two matches in the Caribbean in 2012 and one in New Zealand last December.

Off-spinner Shane Shillingford, returning from his second clearance following suspension for an illegal delivery, and left-arm spinner Sulieman Benn, who played the last of his 17 Tests almost three-and-a-half years ago, are the other spinners in the squad.

socafighter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »
If the spinner remains in India to play for Kolkata Knight Riders in Sunday's IPL 2014 final, as he wants to, he will miss the West Indies Cricket Board's [WICB] June 1 deadline for joining the preparatory camp for the imminent home series against New Zealand, disqualifying him from selection.

"It is his decision," WICB's chief executive officer Michael Muirhead said on Friday. "The cut-off date for joining the camp was moved forward from May 22 to June 1 specifically to allow those players involved in the IPL the opportunity for more matches. Anyone who is in breach won't be considered for selection."

So WICB and Pybus angry Sunil decided to stay and arrived 5 days before the test starts...

Must be Sir Curtly had some spin tips for him and it needed the 2 extra days to practise them...
 :rotfl:

Or was it Otis the bowling coach ....hmmmmmm   :rotfl:

I am sure Flingford and Benn can do the job till you ready .

Sunil you decide was best for you and your family , go an win for your team in the IPl ...

Then you can tell l Mudhead to  :cursing: :cursing:

socafighter

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »

For Immediate Release

May 30, 2014

Narine opts out of Windies Test squad

-       will be considered for T20s v New Zealand

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – Off spinner Sunil Narine has advised the West Indies Cricket Board that he has opted to remain in India to participate in the final of the Indian Premier League and consequently will not join the West Indies Training Camp in preparation for the Test Series against New Zealand by June 1st as is required by the WICB.

Narine had been in discussion with the WICB and was required to advise the Board by May 24 whether he will join the squad currently in training in Barbados on June 1.

Narine had indicated by the May 24 deadline that he will join the squad on June 1 as required.
Narine subsequently advised the WICB on May 28 that he would not be able to meet the June 1 requirement.
Narine’s decision not to join the camp by June 1 will result in him not being considered for selection to the West Indies squad for the Tests Series v New Zealand (June 8th to 30th). Narine will be considered for selection to the squad for the two Twenty20 Internationals against New Zealand on July 5th and 6th in Dominica.

WICB Director of Cricket Richard Pybus explained that the guiding principle of the Windies First Policy which was recently approved by the Board of Directors requires players to make themselves available for team preparations.

“The onus of the WICB is to protect the integrity of international cricket at all times. International cricket, and specifically Test cricket, is priority and requires dedicated preparation which is integral to team success. The WICB policy requires players to commit to sufficient preparation leading in to a series as part of a culture of excellence,” Pybus said.

The WICB appreciates the discussion with Narine and his representative on his availability to West Indies cricket.

FULL TRAINING SQUAD

Denesh Ramdin (Captain)

Sulieman Benn

Darren Bravo

Dwayne Bravo

Shiv Chanderpaul

Kirk Edwards

Shannon Gabriel

Chris Gayle

Jason Holder

Shane Shillingford

Kieran Powell

Kemar Roach

Marlon Samuels

Jerome Taylor

socafighter

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:56:17 PM »

Date: Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Subject: Sunil Narine
To: mmuirhead@windiescricket.com
Cc: Dave Cameron <dcameron@windiescricket.com>

Dear Mr Muirhead ,

I read with astonishment today that Mr Narine is now ineligible to play for the West Indies  against New Zealand in the forth coming Test series .

The reason his team is in the final and he will be two days late .

Lets regress a bit here ...

The WICB gets money by Narine playing in the IPL .

The WICB should be aware of the schedule and the playoffs in the IPL and when it ends

The WICB decided to extend the deadline , did some one at the WICB not think ahead, if a west Indian player makes the final he will be late ?
If such were considered why was the deadline two days short ?

Mr Narine is his team best bowler in the IPL , having won the Purple Cap . Would it not be suicidal  for him to leave his teammates  in the League Championship Final ?.

Mr Narine will arrive 5 days before the Test series start ..what is the problem considering the circumstances?

WICB  ... Did Otis Gibson and Sir Curtly have plans to help Narine in the spin bowling department  and it requires those two extra days ?
           ...  Can either of the two some mention above bowl spin?

Mr Narine showed his worth during the last series with New Zealand , did any one think about this ?

I am trying real hard here to see some logic in this decision , maybe your response might clear up something I have missed.

I await your response

Be safe and well

Socafighter
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:57:49 PM by socafighter »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
All the ppl who celebrating Narine exclusion would be bawling  if Shane get banned again hahaha.
NZ celebrating also , because Narine makes the kiwis tremble.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »

Socafighter the points you raise above should explain why West Indies cricket has reached the state it is in currently.  Lack of forward thinking.  It is foolish to have a deadline prior to the date of the final of the IPL for the reason you pointed out.  In case West Indies players have to play in the final.  The thought process of these administrators (or should I say the lack of a thought process) is sad. 

And, why is he banned from the entire test series?  Wasn't it supposed to be just the first test?  Good luck winning a test series with Sillyman Benn.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
He would b very silly 2 take d WI team serious considerin the way they treat spinners,
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 04:25:04 AM »

It is almost as if the WICB plan it this way.

They allow the man to play in the IPL , they know the final date and they must have figured at least 1 player would make that final.

I wonder if it would have been different for Gayle. Would tell Gayle and the Jamaican public that Gayle would not play his 100 test in Sabina
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »
Gayle is such shit
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

socafighter

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »

Gambhir backs Narine
Bangalore, May 31, 2014, DHNS:

The Kolkata Knight Riders' skipper Gautam Gambhir has backed Sunil Narine's decision to stay back and play the IPL final instead of making himself available for the three-match home Test series against New Zealand, beginning June 8. PTI file photo
The Kolkata Knight Riders’ skipper Gautam Gambhir has backed Sunil Narine’s decision to stay back and play the IPL final instead of making himself available for the three-match home Test series against New Zealand, beginning June 8.

The off-spinner was given a deadline of June 1 by the West Indies Cricket Board to join the preparatory camp in Bridgetown but with Knight Riders making it to the final, scheduled for Sunday, Narine intimated his inability to make it in time. Subsequently, the 26-year-old was left out of the Caribbean squad.       

“It is unfair for the player,” said Gambhir, reflecting upon the controversy. “His team has reached the final and he is being forced to miss the final. Somewhere down the line, you as a cricketer don’t want to do that where you have taken the team to the final and you just walk away. It is just one game which is left and you have to leave that game. He has taken the right decision (to play the final).

“He wanted to continue playing for KKR because it is an important game, not a dead rubber.

Any player would have taken the (same) decision, so I completely support him. If I were to be in his position, I would have done the same thing,” he elaborated.

The WICB, meanwhile, said in a release that Narine’s decision not to join the camp by June 1 has resulted in him not being considered for selection to the West Indies squad for Tests.

socafighter

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
WICB ..just Common sense would have avoided this debacle ..

Then again WICB are not known for such ? are they ...!!!!

Narine has a  contract with the WI.
The rule WI first is not new;It is implicit in the NOC's articulated by the ICC for every country too..

Now since Mr Pybus introduced it recently to the WICB , its now cast in stone.
Narine under Retainer  was exempted by NOC from playing any matches prior to selection....
Who came up with the idea of the movable dates from May to June 1. The IPL ends June 1 and NOC's were given for the IPL without restrictions to debar people from playing in final etc.

So no thought was given to ..should a WICB NOC player make it to the Finals ?

Since most of Mr Pybus  plans are still to be implemented..such as long season etc..
Anyone seen a schedule for October 2014 to August 2015 ,Yet ?

Narine  will be available 5 days in advance of the first test yet will not be considered for selection for the entire test series.

Let assume the WICB and WIPA come to an agreement that Narine stays ...now it becomes
interesting ..Will Mr Pybus walk ?...

As I stated above common sense ...........

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:50:46 AM by socafighter »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
pybus and crew taking bribes to throw the match by excluding narine

not stipulation in his retainer that he needs to be there for the entire training camp.. wicb set him up for a fall, it is clear as day.. why ban the man for the entire series and not just one test match?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The truth behind the Narine Ban from the NZ Test Series
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »
WICB, Pybus take a bribe... match fixing the highest degree by orchestrating Narine's exclusion..

they changed the date from the 24th of may to june 1st then deliberately did not factor in the ipl final.. They knew forcing Narine to choose would inevitably lead to him not coming to the training camp 8 days before, but 5 days instead.

So instead of them making the exception and allowing him to come 5 days before the test, they drop him.

NZ lost the last series against west indies because of Narine's bowling, so the exclusion of Narine was orchestrated to give NZ the best chance possible to win the series.. Just ask yourself the question, why ban him for the entire series and not just one test match?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The truth behind the Narine Ban from the NZ Test Series
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »
Nah I doubt it.
But the entire situation stinks !!.For the first time in months the WIBC had peace on all fronts ,then this idiot Pybus who's not even from the WI ,and apparently cannot use a calendar ,guts a brand new team and captain by ripping out one of the most loved players .
Brainless ....Pybus seems to think strong arming players should be the new way ,but what he doesn't know is that it's always been like that.
Its not gonna fly anymore.He can go back to the UK.
PS Don't know why they kicked him out both games ,originally I.e in the first press release it was just the 1st game.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:34:19 AM by Qmire »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »
Plus the idiots piss off Guyana  and yank there test. ...now they have 2 scandals days before NZ visit...they just love trouble .
No..... 3 scandals Guyana pissed so they want out of the CPL lol .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »
Nah I doubt it.
But the entire situation stinks !!.For the first time in months the WIBC had peace on all fronts ,then this idiot Pybus who's not even from the WI ,and apparently cannot use a calendar ,guts a brand new team and captain by ripping out one of the most loved players .
Brainless ....Pybus seems to think strong arming players should be the new way ,but what he doesn't know is that it's always been like that.
Its not gonna fly anymore.He can go back to the UK.
PS Don't know why they kicked him out both games ,originally I.e in the first press release it was just the 1st game.

pybus is not brainless is was deliberate bro.. he knew what he was doing...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:05 AM »
Well when you run a team and do stupid stuff like this ,you just open your self up for speculation.
And since I don’t know what happens at factory rd ,how can I say you are wrong.

socafighter

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »

I tort massa day done ....

We need an Englishman to come to the West Indies make rules and administer them ....

WICB really needs to goooooooo.... :pissedoff:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »
No vision,
This whole situation is just so dam childish and the insularity about it is,avoidance would have been best severed by simply using a little common sense,not a whole lot,just a little
WICB need to get that high horse and learn to be humble
Rastafari

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 08:13:03 AM »
The road the board took leaves this man with the impression that Narine was playjng in some kind of rebel league,the man playing in a sanctioned tournament,from wich they must recieve some form of funding,
WICB ........ :devi

socafighter

Narine: I live with my decisions
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
Narine: I live with my decisions
By  LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI

Tuesday, 03 June 2014 12:05 PM

PIC: AFP

Bangalore: “It wasn’t an easy decision, but once I decide on something, I live with my decisions.”
Sunil Narine couldn’t have been more candid, while speaking to The Telegraph around 3.30 am on Monday, in the midst of checking-out at the ITC Gardenia.

Narine, caught up in a row with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) over his availability for the upcoming Test series against New Zealand, later took a British Airways flight for London, en route to Port of Spain.

“I had a job to do at the Kolkata Knight Riders and I love playing for the West Indies... After a night’s stay in London, I’ll be home on Tuesday...

“It’s up to the WICB, if they wish to reconsider their position... I’ll be at home,” Narine, again one of the supermen for the Knights, added.

Narine had to report at a preparatory camp, in Barbados, by Sunday. The deadline coincided with the IPL VII final.

As the camp ends on Tuesday, Narine isn’t going to Barbados.

The three-Test series, by the way, is still almost a week away.

Reflecting on the Knights’ second success in the IPL (in three years), Narine said: “It’s unbelievable... I don’t think it has sunk in as yet.”

As Narine was leaving, captain Gautam Gambhir came to wish “a safe journey home.” Perhaps, Gambhir could have presented a bouquet as well to his No.1 bowler. Right through, after all, he’d been brilliant.

The Telegraph, Calcutta

socafighter

Re: Narine: I live with my decisions
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »

Tell the WICB to f**k Off ..

Sunil you don't need them they need you...

1]; } ?>