April 28, 2024, 05:23:44 PM

Author Topic: Tips for our national coach  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tips for our national coach
« on: November 07, 2005, 09:09:59 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

These observations are directed at Leo Beenhakker, the national football coach. I was very pleased with the way the "Warriors'' played against Mexico, especially the first-half.

For the first time in a long time, I saw world class football from our players. This is the standard they have to maintain if they want to be ranked among the best in the world.

However, I want to point out a few things I have noticed. I am not seeing any long range shots to goal, like what the Dutch are famous for. Only Birchall tried it once or twice. Our free kicks are without imagination. Mostly wasted. We need to make them count.

Why is it only Latapy taking the corners? Groom others to have choice and variety.

Also, too many backpasses, our players should strive to keep the play in the opposition's half of the field. Finally, goalkeeper Jack seems reluctant to hold the ball. Instead he runs out and blasts it anywhere. He has made a few mistakes already with his indecisiveness.

All the best to you and the team for the next two matches.

Remember we have to win big at home to safeguard ourselves for the away match.

Ronald Balkaran
via email
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for our national coach
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:14:07 PM »
this fella watchijn different matches

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:27:57 PM »
he is ah coach?? what team he coaching??? real madrid?? connection?? jabloteh???? fatima??? ??? let me which team he coaching when allyuh find out

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 09:29:29 PM »
who de hell dis man tink he is to tell Leo wah to do? he coach any big side???/ let Leo do wah he does best
Go TnT
Back in Trini...

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 09:38:24 PM »
goalkeeper Jack seems reluctant to hold the ball. Instead he runs out and blasts it anywhere
This was exactly the point I was making in my first post on this forum.

However, I disagree with him on the long range goals. I think that is the wrong strategy.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:47:15 PM »
However, I disagree with him on the long range goals. I think that is the wrong strategy.

Shooting does make men mark closer and commit to tackles. That is when they does get left out.
I ain't care who the man coach. He make some valid points. Maybe he shoulda coach some of them side all yuh was talking bout.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 09:53:54 PM »

Shooting does make men mark closer and commit to tackles. That is when they does get left out.
I ain't care who the man coach. He make some valid points. Maybe he shoulda coach some of them side all yuh was talking bout.

Valid or Invalid he has no place advising the Don on matters of football. Let the Don groom the team gradually for Germany 2006. This guy probably has good intentions but his opinion doesn't matter.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »
i ent see what so wrong with the man making some valid observations...yes is true the coach doing a great job but he cant always cover every angle you know.
Jack distribution is very poor and he is very undecisive,i feel most of his saves are just luck.
If we hit more shots from outside lets say bout 30 yards,then the defence will try to close us down faster..that means we will have unmarked men round the penalty area,also we could get more free kicks in front the 'D'.
With the set pieces i always said we have no imagination, decisivness and accuracy.
Ah cant comment on the backpasses though cause it seems fairly normal to me unless it gives the defence the jitters.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 10:01:01 PM »

Valid or Invalid he has no place advising the Don on matters of football. Let the Don groom the team gradually for Germany 2006. This guy probably has good intentions but his opinion doesn't matter.

allyuh acting as if the man demanding for the coach to listen to him or else..or he too farse and outta place for suggesting something..is the same thing where all ah we here is just talk..we opinion dont matter either.
we could only wish,analyze,criticize and speculate.
Feliz

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 10:09:38 PM »
NUFF MAN ON THIS BOARD MAKE D SAME KINDA OBSERVATIONS AN FED UP COACH LEO TOO IF HE WAS A MEMBER MEN WUDA BE SAYIN " YEA MAN GOOD MAN" :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 10:32:31 PM »
more shots on goal= more goals and goal opportunities, we weren't takin any shots on goal wit st.clair, we were hardly scoring, increasing our shots on goal will increase our chances, its a numbers game

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 10:42:17 PM »
Leo should take that papers into the toilet and after he done shit tear out that portion and wipe with it.

The editor he self to, that is all he could put in the editorial.

Més que un club.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 11:04:47 PM »
The Express really is a Mickey Mouse paper. Any twit could send a letter and it get published.

Whitley had a long range shot that resulted in a goal and Edwards had another that almost take off a man head.

It was a Latas corner that led to the penalty and he is by far the most consistent. Why the hell would I groom others to take corners in matches this important.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:55:40 AM by BigToe »

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 11:29:46 PM »
everybody is ah coach or scout these days

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 10:10:28 AM »
Not because you is a big coach means nobody can give you coaching advise.

In fact the new ideas will have to come from inexperience fresh minds.

It is ok to question Don Leo decision nothing is wrong with that.

Experts of Today are the has been of tomorrow

every thing the man say make sense and it is based on simple observation of the team

I for one personally thinks that Latapy has been kicking really bad corners and we should give the corner kicking back to Birchald Spann or edwards or rotate it around.

Try some short ones etc

The corners have not been effective the way how latapy kicking them and that is not a knock on him it is just an observation.

Given the fact that Dog and Tallman are way taller tnat both the mexicans and Guatemalans we should have better execution on the corners and part of the reason is the delivery of the ball that Latapy is kicking.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
Experts of Today are the has been of tomorrow

You does crack me up yes.

But I agree with the corners, Latas look too tired to take the corners, they just float in like a balloon.
Any baller know when yuh tired, corners is the hardest thing to take.

I feel Birchall have to help him out, but u never know the tactics that leo have in mind (eg. he want Birchall holding so if they break out from corners etc etc).
Short corners are usually the answer.
If Spann come back in, it should help a little.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 10:41:10 AM »
disgruntled trini said it best.  that letter deserves to be flushed down a toilet.  They really publish this man letter-what going on.

What other advice coming next-somebody saying we need to roll the ball forward at the kick off?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

allyuh acting as if the man demanding for the coach to listen to him or else..or he too farse and outta place for suggesting something..is the same thing where all ah we here is just talk..we opinion dont matter either.
we could only wish,analyze,criticize and speculate.

:rotfl: yuh so right. monkey doh see dey own tail
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 11:00:51 AM »
somebody call lincoln phillips cause he may lose his TD job to this guy.  tell you what fire beenie now and hire this fella.  He seems to have the answer to guarantee victory.  

real kicks.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 11:03:44 AM »
Dis fella mustbe in see that bullet Stern score?  Dat was from outside the area!!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 06:37:11 PM »
Dis fella mustbe in see that bullet Stern score?  Dat was from outside the area!!!

alright then...but tell me how much shots we hit from outside the area before that then..and that were actually on target or had enough power?
we still playing the majority of a match like is a small goal sweat ..we want to walk the ball into the net..steups
Feliz

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 06:41:36 PM »
Why is it only Latapy taking the corners? Groom others to have choice and variety.

He ent know Me mum does take corner too.......but besides on a corner what else Latas go do.

Like he want Dog kick it and Latas to run in with a diving header.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 06:47:29 PM »
I agree. We does play like if we want to walk into the opponents goal. I kind of agree with him saying that our free kicks are without imagination. I remember one time stern kick a free kick and marvin take one also. After all said, i think we playing a nice brand of football and that game against mexico was a sign of good things to come. At that level of play, very few teams got have beaten us on that day.  GO warriors GO

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 06:53:29 PM »
i kno what this guy b talkin about. he make a nice pt with respect to long range shots. bahrain tough defense and i think they cud cut out our short game easily. if dem guys take shots outside the box, they get mroe chances in but they hadda catch the keeper out of place or kno they hava good shot. sumtimes they have clear cut shots at goal and they would pass the ball off. and also, they hadda get sum1 for free kicks. i tired see all dem free kicks we get wasted over d bar or into the wall ro sumin so...i think allyuh get off d dude back, he jus hav opinions jus like anyone else.

Offline Robin_feyenoord

• New Warrior
  • Feyenoord Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 07:18:53 AM »
Beenhakker is bloody Brilliant;D he doenst need any tips ;) i'm a big fan of Don Leo 8) I still remember the good old times he was coach of Feyenoord and led them to the top :) He's one of the best coaches from the Netherlands and T/T is lucky to have him ;D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 06:45:50 PM »
ah have to revive this thread for allyuh who say Beenhakker dont need no advice.
1.  Long-range shooting : we score one and the other best chance was a shot from outside the box too...both from Birchall.
2.  4-5-1 :that wasnt the way to go in a home game..we shoulda change tactics after 15 mintues if we was afraid of conceding early.
3.  Set pieces : poor as usual on both offence and defence.
4.  Spann ent no right back and never will be.
Feliz

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »
one thing me eh like is dat there is too much long passes. i believe that T&T should beat and pass and  beat and pass dat go shake up dem defender. we shoulda score 2 or 3 goals dey. yorke is meh boy but he hadda go. glen or one a dem younger striker should be playin. i cant blame latapy, he eh have it tonight..........BIRCHALL COMIN THRU HE AH LIFESAVER AN "BEAT SO SWEET" EDWARDS REL KILL DEM DEFENDER dem 2 de players ah de game. anotha thing bahrain cant kick for dey life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 07:21:47 PM »
lol for a second i thought tallman write that yes. i dunno how u can advise a man like leo. yes even he makes mistakes but its not 4kin BSC ya talkin too.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 07:35:25 PM »
lol for a second i thought tallman write that yes. i dunno how u can advise a man like leo. yes even he makes mistakes but its not 4kin BSC ya talkin too.

is true..we coach good..he ent need no advice from us..thats why he have assisatnts to pick up things he might miss if any...its all down to tactics and the players ability to concentrate on the said day and caryr out instructions...so if ne say no long range shooting..he saying it for a reason.
Feliz

1]; } ?>