March 28, 2024, 02:01:49 PM

Author Topic: Chris Birchall signs for Port Vale  (Read 2967 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall signs for Port Vale
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
Chris Birchall signs for Port Vale
By Mike Baggaley (This is Staffordshire)

Midfielder Chris Birchall has signed a contract at Port Vale until the end of the season.

The 28 year old, from Yarnfield near Stone, has signed up to Vale's promotion campiagn after leaving United States side Columbus Crew.

Birchall originally came through the ranks at Vale Park before Micky Adams took him to Coventry City for £300,000 in 2006.

He's now reunited with Vale manager Adams after spending the last month training with the club.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Chris-Birchall-signs-Port-Vale/story-17749967-detail/story.html

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birchall signs for Port Vale
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »
glad for him
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:03:32 PM by royal »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:56 AM »
 Full circle... Congrats Birchy!  :beermug:

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »
Glad for him too! Gonna miss him in the MLS though.  :beermug:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »
All the best Chris

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall is back
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
Birchall is back
port-vale.co.uk

Chris Birchall has returned to Port Vale Football Club after signing a short-term deal until the end of 2012-13 season.

Birchall, 28, will no stranger to Vale supporters, after progressing through the youth team before making 78 appearances for the Valiants between 2001 and 2006. He has been training with Micky Adams’ men after leaving MLS side Columbus Crew in December.

Said Adams: “Chris is in good shape and he has a real passion to help Port Vale return to better times.

“He has also trained with us previously, which has already helped him fit into the squad. I know that Vale supporters will be looking forward to seeing him back in Burslem and we hope he can demonstrate some of the good form which made him such a fans’ favourite previously.”

The midfielder has also worked with the Vale boss before after Adams first signed him for Coventry City in 2006 and later, for Brighton & Hove Albion in 2009. After leaving the Seagulls, Birchall signed for LA Galaxy, where he played alongside the likes of David Beckham and Landon Donovan. He opted to stay Stateside last summer, signing for competitors Columbus Crew, before leaving at the end of 2012.

Added Birchall: “This is an exciting time for Port Vale and I’m pleased that Micky has given me the chance to sign for the club.

“Vale will always hold a special place in my heart and I’ve kept a close eye on the club’s fortunes since I left, even when I was playing in America. Hopefully, I can now play a part in changing those fortunes for the better moving forward.”

During his previous spell at Port Vale, Birchall became a hero in Trinidad & Tobago when he helped the Soca Warriors qualify for the 2006 World Cup. Birchall, who qualified to play for the Caribbean side as his mother was born in Port of Spain, made 39 appearances for the national side.

Please note that this signing is subject to the receipt of International Clearance from the United States.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall glad to be back at Port Vale
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »
Birchall glad to be back at Port Vale
port-vale.co.uk

Chris Birchall has admitted it’s good to be back – and he can’t wait to play a role for this hometown club.

The midfielder came on for the last stages of yesterday’s win over Plymouth Argyle after signing a short-term deal with the club on Thursday for the remainder of the campaign.

“It was great for a team performance,” said Chris following the game. “We needed to get back to winning ways and the boys have done it.

“Me personally, I had 15 minutes but I need a good three or four games to get my own match fitness. The rest of the guys have done great. My last game was the end of October in America and I’ve been training for the last four or five weeks with Vale. It’s going to take me a little bit of time to increase my minutes but I’m looking forward to it and hopefully, we can carry on winning.

Read More...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
So what is the real story with this player and his commitment or lack thereof to represent TnT?  was he in training or out of a contract  while we catching arse to qualify?

GRATITUDE----this must be a long lost virtue: It just appaers that some players  does just dump TnT like a rag. Yuh think England would have ever given this man the opportunity to be on the world stage in football? That 2006 experience is every footballer's dreams .Now years later we trying to gain some respectability and players does  go cold just like that?

K.Daniels ---- the next one; Is exposure playing and plying yuh trade in yuh homeland that gave you an opportunity to earn  ah living  in the USA now yuh turn away from TnT in times of need.

Best wishes to you both....go on and seek yuh self egotistical goals.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
So what is the real story with this player and his commitment or lack thereof to represent TnT?  was he in training or out of a contract  while we catching arse to qualify?

GRATITUDE----this must be a long lost virtue: It just appaers that some players  does just dump TnT like a rag. Yuh think England would have ever given this man the opportunity to be on the world stage in football? That 2006 experience is every footballer's dreams .Now years later we trying to gain some respectability and players does  go cold just like that?

K.Daniels ---- the next one; Is exposure playing and plying yuh trade in yuh homeland that gave you an opportunity to earn  ah living  in the USA now yuh turn away from TnT in times of need.

Best wishes to you both....go on and seek yuh self egotistical goals.

Thanks for clarifying the Birchall issue for me, I always wondered why he didn't come for the Caribbean Cup.

I was of the opinion that after MLS he went back to England with his family to try and "eat ah food" with Portvale? I didn't realize you had insider information on the issue, so thanks.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Lol that's how I see it too fyzo, but everybody opinions different. I don't want to put my head on the block for nobody, but that looked like the logical conclusion to me. Me ain't blame him.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
After MLS he reported he ahd a strained hamstring...hmmmmm

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
It is sad that senior members on this site would make insunations about one of the most commited players the national side has had in many years  :thumbsdown:. Chris Birchall if you are reading this, I apologize on behalf of them because they won't.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
It is sad that senior members on this site would make insunations about one of the most commited players the national side has had in many years  :thumbsdown:. Chris Birchall if you are reading this, I apologize on behalf of them because they won't.

Thanks bredda.

And even if Chris prevaricated (which we don't know for sure, check the info Power SIGNED with a Thailand club, when in fact he has done no such thing?) with the hammy excuse, how de hell on God's green earth you going and vex with that decision when EVERYBODY (!!!!) knows the jokiness that is TnT football???

It takes all kinds, that's the beauty of this sweet life and forum.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »
i think this was inevitable. maybe he could help vale get promoted. they in 2nd in league 2 now.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »

AB Trini........where do u live? in Trini or abroad?  You making all these assumptions based on what??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall can make impact in promotion run-in, says Micky Adams
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 07:51:43 AM »
Chris Birchall can make impact in promotion run-in, says Micky Adams
The Sentinel

MICKY Adams says Chris Birchall is fit and ready to play a part in Vale’s promotion push – if he can fight his way past the competition.

Birchall has been restricted to one substitute appearance for the Valiants since joining the club a month ago.

However, the 28-year-old came through Tuesday’s 2-1 reserve win over Oldham to press his case for a place either out wide or in midfield.

Adams believes the former Vale, Coventry, La Galaxy and Columbus Crew player will play an important part in the club’s tilt at promotion, but will have to be patient for his chance.

He is in no hurry to change a winning formula which has carried Vale to second in League Two and made them the division’s highest scorers.

Read More…

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall would love to stay at Port Vale
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Birchall would love to stay at Port Vale
port-vale.co.uk

When Chris Birchall decided to come back home from America, there was only one place he wanted to be, and there was only one club he wanted to join. He certainly hasn’t regretted his decision so far.

The Vale midfielder said: “It was time for me to come back from America. I’d had a great time but for family reasons I wanted to come back and I wanted to come back to Stoke on Trent.

“Micky gave me the opportunity to come and train and then from there I always knew that if he wanted me I wanted to come back to Port Vale.

“In January it was a case of ‘do you want to come and do you want to stay?’ It is a club that I always looked out for, a club that has always been close to my heart.

Read More...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall eyes two wins to seal promotion to League One
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
Chris Birchall eyes two wins to seal promotion to League One
By Guy Pearson (The Sentinel)

CHRIS Birchall is hoping Port Vale can wrap up their promotion to League One by the end of the week.

Six points from their final four games will make Vale certain of automatic elevation.

And with two winnable fixtures coming up – at home to rock-bottom Aldershot tomorrow and at mid-table Rochdale on Saturday – Birchall is confident they'll soon be cracking open the champagne.

"Tomorrow is an absolutely vital game for us," he said.

"If we can get another win, then we're nearly there.

"It will depend on how other results go, but we could finish it off this week."

Read More...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall re-signs
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »
Chris Birchall re-signs
port-vale.co.uk

We are delighted to announce midfielder Chris Birchall has signed a new one-year contract with Port Vale.

Birchall is delighted to stay at his hometown club and help the team improve on last season.

“This is always the club I’ve wanted to be at, I’ve been associated with the club since I was 8 years old, so for more there was no question for me. As long as Micky still wanted me I was going to stay. It’s my hometown club and I consider it my team so I can’t wait to get going.

“I really want to play a lot of football again, I’ve got quite a good number of years left in me to play to a good standard and I’m delighted that will be with Vale. I think with a good squad we can emulate and possibly improve on last season, I’m happy I’ll be a part of it.”

1]; } ?>