April 19, 2024, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Narine to play in Barbados Test  (Read 1200 times)

socafighter

Narine to play in Barbados Test
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »

Narine to play in Barbados Test
Published: Guardian
Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fans in the Caribbean will be able to see mystery spinner Sunil Narine twirl his magic against New Zealand in the current Test series as a compromise has been struck between the Trinidadian and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB). Narine stayed on to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL) finals for eventual 2014 winners Kolkata Knight Riders and missed the deadline to attend a camp in preparation for the current series.

The West Indies operations management team had set June 1 as the deadline for all players to show and Narine, as a result of missing this deadline, was ruled ineligible to play in the current three-Test series. However, T&T Guardian understands that negotiations will be ongoing between the player and the board and it has been agreed that he will sit out the first two matches and will be available for selection for the third and final Test in Barbados which starts on June 26.

No clear reason has been given for the decision but it is understood that the operations management team communicated to the WICB that they had a change of heart. The decision by the management committee which was ratified by the WICB led to debates around the region with most pointing to the fact that although there was this new policy in place called ‘Country First’, the punishment was too harsh.

socafighter

Re: Narine to play in Barbados Test
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
No clear reason has been given for the decision but it is understood that the operations management team communicated to the WICB that they had a change of heart. The decision by the management committee which was ratified by the WICB led to debates around the region with most pointing to the fact that although there was this new policy in place called ‘Country First’, the punishment was too harsh.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WICB what a useless bunch ...after watching spinners in Jamaica ...they change their minds ..

Did Pybus get overruled ... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »
What shit got stuck to there tails....change of heart ,I thought they   wanted be firm and heart less.
And why quite till Barbados dont they think he could help sell out the QPO.So by the last test they gonna drop somebody who worked so hard....and Narine will just be warming up.
Guess giving him a chance at the 2nd test will be to much pride for pybus to swallow.

socafighter

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »

I hope Narine tells them he is hurt ...or to shove it.... :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »
Narine is a good boy towards his International duty.
And never mention the I word or fake it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »
high level match fixing..

drop the player that can change the tide and win the matches for west indies, so they drop him to manipulate the results

after the series is lost to nz, bring him in to the barbados test on a pace friendly wicket.. if they play him in his homeland, it is a chance for him to shine and west indies to win the match, meaning series tied going into b'dos with narine on fire and warmed up

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
Ramdin wish he had Narine now to get latham
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:37:54 PM by Qmire »

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:11:19 AM »
Ramdin wish he had Narine now to get latham

The whole lineup of the team is a mess in addition to the poor batting. This is what I would do.

Gayle and Powell openers,
bravo needs to bat 3 (and be told this is your responsibility...stop pulling stones and shitting on yourself)
samuels 4
pollard (should be in team) at 5 especially since Bravo injured
chanders 6 (even though I prefer him at 5 and pollard 6)
Ramdin 7

and 4 bowlers (Shillingford, Narine, Roach, and other fast bowler), or Narine and three fast bowlers depending on pitch conditions (I've always liked the combination of Roach, Rampaul and Edwards because of their different skill sets, but they never seem to be fit all at once and Edwards may be a bit past his sell by date.

Makes no sense going with Benn AND Shillingford. I'd rather go Shillingford and Narine or Shillingford and a leg spinner because it gives more attacking options. Gayle and Samuels (and even shillingford) can hold down an end if things get tight.

I prefer Shillingford to Benn because he can bowl long and seems to have a better cricket brain. When he gets wickets he gets plenty and in bunches.

We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
needs to play the 2nd test, why wait til B'dos?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>