April 25, 2024, 03:55:42 PM

Author Topic: Isaac Blackman beaten, robbed  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Isaac Blackman beaten, robbed
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »
...attack happened around noon. Cops in search of Blackman's Ford Ranger, registration TCD-1198

By Susan Mohammed susan.mohammed@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jun 2, 2014 at 5:53 PM ECT

MUSICIAN and recording artiste Isaac Blackman was beaten and robbed by thieves who stole valuables from his home in Piparo at around midday today..

Blackman, 31, was at home with his two sons, aged two and three years old, when six men stormed the house and announced a hold-up.

Blackman is the son of the late Ras Shorty I (Garfield Blackman), a member of his family's music band The Love Circle, and is internationally known for his 2006 hit song "To the Ceiling".
The family has for many years lived in an isolated area of Piparo.
Blackman's sister, Nehilet Blackman, told the Express : "He was at home with the two children because they were too sick to go to day-care. It was around noon. We grew up in the country where we are accustomed leaving our doors open. The thieves just walked in the front door".

The Express was told that the men, all wearing masks, held cutlasses to Blackman, and they locked the children in a bedroom on the first floor.

The thieves tied Blackman's hands with plastic straps and nylon string, and demanded he tell them where his cash, music equipment and other valuables were. Most of the music and studio equipment was at another location, the Express was told.

His sister said: "He told me he could not find the keys to his van, and they hit him on his head with the cutlass. He fell down and was almost knocked out. They told him that if he was another person (who was not known) he would have been dead. "

The men stole Blackman's Ford Ranger, registration TCD-1198, valued $120,000.The stolen items, including appliances, were loaded onto the tray and covered with tarpaulin.

Blackman, who was at the Princes town Police Station up to late yesterday, was able to wriggle free. "He is very flexible so he was able to bring his hands over his head, and he got a kitchen knife and cut the straps and strings. He opened the bedroom door where the boys were and they were crying and screaming", said the sister.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Blackman beaten, robbed
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »
I don't know what to say anymore!!
I hope Isaac Blackman gets back his vehicle and his household appliances and that his family are all okay. They are probably all traumatized right now that this could happen to them.
Is no one safe in Trinidad anymore? Not even in formally peaceful Piparo?!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »
These friggin pest ,there must be a way to get rid of them ,i wonder if raid would work?
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
Published: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Kevon Felmine (T&T Guardian)

Local gospel singer Isaac Blackman is thanking God after surviving a brutal attack on his family at their Piparo home yesterday. Blackman’s sister, Lynette Blackman, said the assault and robbery took place at their home at Jackman Trace, where they grew up as children with their soca legend father, Garfield “Ras Shorty I” Blackman. The house is almost two miles into the forest. Speaking in a telephone interview yesterday Blackman’s other sister, Abbi, said the family was left traumatised after six masked men knocked Blackman unconscious and tied up his sons Zachary, four and Zaniel, two.

Blackman was at home with the two children around midday when the men entered the house. Abbi explained: “Six men came to his Piparo home. They had to come at least two miles into the bush to get there. They came into the house and there were only Isaac and his two children there at the time. “They hit him on this head with a cutlass and knocked him out.
“Before that, they told him he was lucky he was Ras Shorty I’s son or he would have been dead. They also told him he was a superstar so he can buy back everything they took.
“They went through the house, as far as I understand. They took a television, his phone and other things.”

The men then escaped in Blackman’s Land Rover, which Chaguanas police found abandoned in front of Globe City, off the Chase Village overpass. After regaining consciousness, Blackman was able to retrieve his emergency cellphone and contact Lynette, who called the police. Up to late yesterday Princes Town police were processing the crime scene. Blackman’s wife and children went to stay with relatives. As for Blackman’s condition, Lynette said: “Right now he is trying to recover. When I talked to him just now, he said he was traumatised but happy to be alive. “For the children and his wife, it would be traumatising to be tied up by six men in masks. They were home yesterday because the kids were not feeling well, so he did not take them to daycare. “I, for myself, was totally traumatised. When he was giving me the story I was crying. I mean, this was so far for them (bandits) to come and do this.
”It is not even in the city. This is the countryside, where it is supposed to be safe. People want to get away from the city and come to the country where it is safe but look what happened here.”

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
I just watched this video and realized that the robbers probably got the idea to rob Isaac Blackman from watching this music video as it shows his house in Piparo (at the beginning) with his studio equipment.

Isaac Blackman - Blessing Me (Official Video)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/REtffc3fxhs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/REtffc3fxhs</a>

So relieved to hear that God's blessings protected Isaac and his family during the robbery of his home.
Hope he recovers all his studio equipment so that he can continue producing good music for the world.

I guess no one is safe in T&T any longer even if you live 2 miles inside the Piparo Forest.
Satan is really working hard to inspire some folks in T&T to do abominable crimes.
No one is off limits any longer not even the son of late Soca Icon Ras Shorty-I. >:(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:10:39 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man charged with Blackman's robbery
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
Man charged with Blackman's robbery
Published: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 (T&T Guardian)

One week after six men invaded the Piparo home of gospel singer Isaac Blackman, beat and robbed him, a suspect has been arrested and charged.

Richard Taylor, 40, of Enterprise Street, Chaguanas, was arrested and charged over the weekend on several charges of assault and robbery on Blackman and his family.

ASP Yusuf Gaffar and PC Moses, together with members of the Princes Town Task Force, who made the arrest and laid the charges, also seized electronic items at Taylor’s house.

The items were positively identified as belonging to Blackman, the son of the late inventor of soca, Ras Shorty I.

Taylor appeared before a Princes Town justice of the peace yesterday evening and was remanded in custody to reappear before a magistrate this morning.

Police continue to search for the other five suspects.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
He has been on the radar for such a long time. Nice lyrics and music. Allyuh would not belive is the first time I hearing this song. Real uptempo. Good luck and praise the almighty.

1]; } ?>