March 28, 2024, 02:27:20 PM

Author Topic: You should not be allowed to own the beach or block it off.  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
One thing I really dislike the American [mainly whites] people for is they can come to Trinidad or any parts of the Caribbean and buy a house anywhere they feel like on the island whether close to the beach, you name it and no one says anything.

Try doing that in their country. They will burn your house down if they have to just to move you out of the neighborhood (and yes, some black folks is really to dam nasty and don't take care of their property and deserve what they get).

It have certain parts of Long Island you can't even step foot on, not even for a visit. They even block up the beach like they own it.

No one should own the beach, NO ONE, not even the government, it should be open to the public. No one should be allowed to live close to the beach either, there should be limitations.

Hurricane Sandy was bad and I feel sorry for many, but I hope it teach them a lesson, they run from us, buy houses on the beach, block it off and then they still paying for the after flow of hurricane Sandy. I know disaster can happen to anyone and I don't wish anyone bad, but this should be a wake up call, you cannot own the ocean.

Long Island, NY, is the worst when it comes to things like this.

From Long Beach to a over price piece of shit property in Jamesport.

A next thing to. Island people to dam stupid, they treat the foreign folks with so much love and kiss ass respect and when you visit them, they don't have a minute to spend with you.

When you visit the US, the immigration officers treat you like a terrorist.

But they could retire and come to the islands and buy homes and live and make the locals slave for them.

Then again, its only us to blame, because we love to follow like train dogs and we have no unity.

The Caribbean government should get sterner laws, I know in T&T you have to be a residence to buy a home, but places like Dominican Republic and Jamaica you can buy anything once you have the money, even if you are a foreigner. Panama and Costa Rica too.

We cannot sell out our island guys.

They will not sell their homes and to own a home in the US is worst than pulling teeth.

We should enforce the law on them also, treat them like they treat us.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:37:12 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: You should not be allowed to own the beach or block it off.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
where is the closed off beach in trini? with all dem bad man robbing people, they should keep them out

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »
That beach is mine i can bade anytime despite what you say i will bade anyway .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »
most beaches fall under what I believe is the doctrine of custom...arks Bakes he is de lawyer...and this entitles the public to have access to the beach as it is a public area. I think you're allowed to own up to where the sand meets land and you can do whatever you want with that property.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:50:13 PM »
No one should own the beach, NO ONE, not even the government, it should be open to the public. No one should be allowed to live close to the beach either, there should be limitations.

There are some issues of public policy that are at times difficult to come down firmly on. Fuh me, not this one. Totally not aboard with private beaches. So ah fully agree with you regarding no private beaches. However ...

"Someone" will own beaches. If not privately held, the beach is public land. Dahis government property.

Hurricane Sandy was bad and I feel sorry for many, but I hope it teach them a lesson, they run from us, buy houses on the beach, block it off and then they still paying for the after flow of hurricane Sandy. I know disaster can happen to anyone and I don't wish anyone bad, but this should be a wake up call, you cannot own the ocean.

Proper policy would prevent that from happening. In Barbados (always a useful example because of the issue arising there in the 80s, hence de kaiso lyrics referred to by zulu) easements were used to address public access to the beach. Basically, govt made sure there was a balance between private ownership interests and the public interest in accessing beaches. So blocking off wasn't possible because these access points are clearly defined, easy tuh see (in some cases) and cannot legally be obstructed by private owners. Some owners seek to create the impression that ppl are trespassing when in fact no trespass has occurred ...

Access and right to access are in play here.

Buh let me flip dis lil bit? Should ppl have access to the beach when they end up littering and destroying them?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
I remember paying to enter that beach in Chaguaramas  blocked around by the heritage club.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
I remember paying to enter that beach in Chaguaramas  blocked around by the heritage club.

I think that beach was created  with private money, not totally sure. I went they  with a QRC team before a intercol to train and prepare for Saints.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 12:58:04 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>