March 29, 2024, 07:16:04 AM

Author Topic: The gov. should sponsor a U-23 team to compete in the 2014/15 Pro League.  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
I feel the TTFA should ask the government to sponsor a national Under 23 team to compete in the 2014/15 Pro League.

Sheldon Phillips, is a good man to make this happen and will be the first to do it and will get max respect from real people.

I am sure most Pro League teams will allow [loan] the players to run out for the Under 23 side.

OR...................

If I was Stephen Hart I would drop most of the senior team players we current have and bring in a new bunch of young players, all Under 21 (some Under 23) and train them the way he would like them to be as players and as individuals.

I don't care if we don't win the next 10 games, but now is the time to start.

In 2 years we will be reaping benefits.

Under 20 players will not care for a big pay day and they will be fit and learn discipline easier than de pre Madonnas we have, once de Madonnas sign a foreign contract, they does give T&T half ass.

De youths will have the desire to play football to build their names and games.

They will be athletic, fit, able to compete physically and faster.

I am sure many sponsors will jump onboard and support this eventually.

These guys would need at least 12 - 16 games a year.

De players should be taken care of, diet, education and a little perk here and there.

By the end of 2015 this team will be ripping.

Some players we could work with right away.

Shannon Gomez (RB), Brent Sam (F), Jesus Perez (LB), Marcus Gomez (M), Matthew Woo-Ling (CM), Alvin Jones (RB), Neil Benjamin Jr. (CF), Dario Holmes (CB), Darryl Trim (F), Dwight Quintero (CF), Rundell Winchester (F), Gem Gordon (F), Dwight Pope (CB), Nicholas Dillon (AM), Omar Charles (CB), Xavier Rajpaul (DM), Shackiel Henry (CF), Levi Garcia (M), Akeem Garcia (CF), Zane Coker (GK), Anthony Herbert (F) and Qian Grosvenor (CF).

De foreign based youths to beef up this team.

Chaz Burnett (F), Josh Burnett (D), Cordell Cato (RW), Kevan George (DM), Uriah Bentick (MB), Gavin Hoyte (CB), Damani Richards (LB), Andre Fortune (AM/CM), Johan Welch (GK), Garrett Welch (D), Duane Muckette (AM/CM), Dwight Ceballo (D), Kristian Lee-Him (CM) and Greg Ranjitsingh (GK).

We have to get players who want to play who will obey the coach and respect the national colors.

Like it or not, this is the best way to go.

We need a local crop and we need them young and willing.

Out of all them players if we get 8 we could add to we current senior team, it would be a major success.

And senior players who could always add in the future like Joevin Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Leston Paul, Trevin Caesar, Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland, Marcus Joseph, Kenwyne Jones, Aubrey David, Curtis Gonzales, Justin Hoyte, Kevin Molino, Ataullah Guerra, Willis Plaza, Shahdon Winchester, Hughtun Hector, Kareem Moses, Carlyle Mitchell, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Sheldon Bateau, Yohance Marshall, Jan-Michael Williams and Andre Boucaud.

When you look at Ghana play, they young, fast, fit and strong, they just need guidance.

If Hart had a team like that, they woulda do wonders. They was de youngest team in the past two world cups.

I fed up see T&T senior team players and how they play de lazy man football and they complaining attitude.

We cant have negativity around young players and they big boy attitude.

Players like Peltier and Hyland who suppose to be ripping for T&T playing like they need a worm out and dont talk for Kenwyne Jones, lard fadda.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:16:40 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, you always thinking about something.

Why you don't go and work for the TTFA?

Some good ideas yes.

Trinidad people to lazy to get anything done the RIGHT way.

Hopefully, SP and SH can turn things around.

And hopefully, they look into stuff like this.

The one time camp thing doesn't really do much.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:47:48 AM by Errol »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U20's were supposed to play in the Pro League in 2009 but withdrew - lets be honest they can barely afford to take our players to tournaments, hire staff, and arrange training, not to mention the lack of organisational skill.

I think young players can move on leaps and bounds if they have some seasoned heads around them, so replacing the team Carte Blanche might not help - instead keep older, experienced players with the right attitude and get rid of those without (if you're going with the youth-driven next 4 years).

Personally, I'd really make WC qualification the primary concern over youth-blooding right now - a good serving in the qualification would help inspire some dropping heads, and help build momentum behind the new TTFA movements (however token or minor they might be compared to what we need). I'd be keeping players who'll still be good in 3 years, and might make deviations for players who might get into England and need the 75% rule for the work permit (when we move into the top 70).

I just worry if you have a whole team of youngsters you start compounding common mistakes from lack of experience, where if you had a team of say 6 seasoned heads and 5 + 5 youths the experienced passed on can be impressive :)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T U20's were supposed to play in the Pro League in 2009 but withdrew - lets be honest they can barely afford to take our players to tournaments, hire staff, and arrange training, not to mention the lack of organisational skill.

I think young players can move on leaps and bounds if they have some seasoned heads around them, so replacing the team Carte Blanche might not help - instead keep older, experienced players with the right attitude and get rid of those without (if you're going with the youth-driven next 4 years).

Personally, I'd really make WC qualification the primary concern over youth-blooding right now - a good serving in the qualification would help inspire some dropping heads, and help build momentum behind the new TTFA movements (however token or minor they might be compared to what we need). I'd be keeping players who'll still be good in 3 years, and might make deviations for players who might get into England and need the 75% rule for the work permit (when we move into the top 70).

I just worry if you have a whole team of youngsters you start compounding common mistakes from lack of experience, where if you had a team of say 6 seasoned heads and 5 + 5 youths the experienced passed on can be impressive :)

Read meh post good nah.

I said, even if after the experiment if we get about 8 from this bunch it will be successful.

And then you add them into de senior team.

That is another option.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Read meh post good nah.

I said, even if after the experiment if we get about 8 from this bunch it will be successful.

That is another option.

Sam I agree with everything you say ......  but, when you become the Minister of Sport.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Read meh post good nah.

That is another option.

Yup my bad, conflated the two in my mind. We definitely need to introduce some to NT

1]; } ?>