March 29, 2024, 09:17:37 AM

Author Topic: US Soccer boss impressed by TT Warriors  (Read 1254 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
US Soccer boss impressed by TT Warriors
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
US Soccer boss impressed by TT Warriors
(T&T Newsday)

Monday, June 16 2014

TRINIDAD AND Tobago gained a few mentions during the FIFA and Concacaf Congress’ held at the Sheraton Hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil last week.

Following its displays against Argentina and Iran earlier this week, the twin-island republic has gained valuable recognition and much good has been said about the team’s efforts.

Among those sending commendation TT’s way was Sunil Gulati, president of the United States Soccer Federation and member of the FIFA Executive Committee.

Gulati met with Trinidad and Tobago Football Association’s general secretary Sheldon Phillips at the Concacaf Congress.

“I think it’s an exciting time obviously as the confederation is moving forward in a number of different ways. We have had a long history with Trinidad and Tobago dating back to a long time.” Gulati continued, “I’ve known Sheldon Phillips for a long time and I met Raymond Tim Kee a couple years ago. I think the Association is in good hands and it’s exciting time for Concacaf and the relationship between Trinidad and Tobago and the US. “We’re moving forward in a lot of way.”

“It’s not just about the World Cup. The world is focussed right now on this tournament. But we have growth in MLS, in player registrations, coaches, referees, television audiences and it’s on all those fronts and hopefully we can continue that trend,” Gulati added.

Commenting on the TT team’s recent outings, he added, “They (Trinidad and Tobago) are making progress I think that the organisation and the team is going to get better over time. And clearly with Raymond and Sheldon there I think you will see a lot of positive changes.

On the field they’ve always had some very good players and now with the organisation’s support I think they’ll be a lot stronger.”

Tim Kee, the TTFA president who was in Sao Paulo for the Congress, said he was quite pleased with the run of events, noting the emphasis on development by Concacaf.

“The news that is of interest to me and should of course be the same to the TTFA is the decision by Concacaf to introduce these development programmes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US Soccer boss impressed by TT Warriors
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
He is so diplomatic!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US Soccer boss impressed by TT Warriors
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:14:04 PM »
Surprised that Wired868 ent carry this item...

1]; } ?>