April 19, 2024, 02:42:06 AM

Author Topic: How important is it for us to have a locally based team?  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
How important is it for us to have a locally based team?
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
Ah talking to a few cats here and we debating how important is it for us to have a locally based team in constant training and playing games?

I say its a big positive and a must.

Allyuh want to name some of de benefits of a locally based team in constant training and playing games?

How can we spend thousands of dollars to fly players from all over the world to play games but don't have the money to have a local core train and play consistently. This good and bad too.

We need to plan better, but I also understand its important to have the foreign base link up with the locals also.

We need a bigger pool and having a local base team will give us  plenty options.

We need a strong pool of players to build a strong team, our foreign players need the competition so we can get the best out of them.

Players like Hyland, Kenwyne and Molino have to lead by example but instead they look tired and lost on the field. I feel if they had to fight for a place on the national team, we would get better performance.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:59:35 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How important is it for us to have a locally based team?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
Stephen Hart already said that he would like to have a local camp as well as some games, so he does see the importance and benefit.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
When you say local teams, you mean community teams that train and play regularly? The training aspect being the more important one for teams in our league - how many teams train 4/5 times a week?

Or you talking about a more nationally representative team like when the U20 team played in the Pro League for a season?

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:06:01 AM »
Stephen Hart already said that he would like to have a local camp as well as some games, so he does see the importance and benefit.

Hart said so, but I think this will not happen as the TTFA mention that they do not have the money to have a local team in training. I had a proper discussion with manager David Muhammad and a few others and they confirm we will try to fill the calendar dates with games but cannot afford to have any local team in constant training and preparing.

They said they will just call he guys needed for the game a few days before games.

A lot is not happy, but understand the money situation.

I spoke with Skeene and a few others in the league and they are all open for discussions to allow their players time to train with the NT, even if its not often but is willing to work with the TTFA and release their players every month, they said no real conversation took place and the TTFA seemed content with just calling in the players they need before games.

They also do not have he money, I am sure they are willing?

I did speak with 4 of the 13 2006 Warriors and they are willing to join forces with the TTFA to fight Jack for the lost money, they say even if it takes another 8 years, they want to do it, but Tim Kee confirmed he is not interested.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
very important, but as insider just said, it seems it will be costly..

if the management and coach on a yearly or monthly salary, why would this incur more costs? is it the costs for the stadium, food, water, hotel I assume?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:51 AM »

if the management and coach on a yearly or monthly salary, why would this incur more costs? is it the costs for the stadium, food, water, hotel I assume?

Players need paying too - they're working after all. Transport also a cost (some subsidy for fuel, or coach fair), and there'll be the odd piece of training equipment that needs replacing or indeed buying. There's also presumably insurance to pay, physios might not be on yearly salary, and you'll need kits.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Some benefits:

Coaching staff have extended time to get across their philosophy to the best local pool

Extended time to see local players in execute game plan

Bonding with teammates--the telepathic factor

Build their confidence
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »
This should be a must.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »

Players need paying too - they're working after all. Transport also a cost (some subsidy for fuel, or coach fair), and there'll be the odd piece of training equipment that needs replacing or indeed buying. There's also presumably insurance to pay, physios might not be on yearly salary, and you'll need kits.

the more they play with one another, the better the team chemistry, how much is their pay? for training it should be a reduced rate and reduced benefits..

why don't they get their act together and form a players union and if not, then they need a player rep to set certain standards in the meantime... national football is paramount, i watching this wc and realizing more and more tt could have had a great impact in brazil..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 03:47:14 PM »

the more they play with one another, the better the team chemistry, how much is their pay? for training it should be a reduced rate and reduced benefits..

why don't they get their act together and form a players union and if not, then they need a player rep to set certain standards in the meantime... national football is paramount, i watching this wc and realizing more and more tt could have had a great impact in brazil..

Actually I think the opposite. I think we would have been torn apart. The teams that are doing well in the tournament are teams with good team chemistry, forwards who know how to score and teams who control the possession of the game. When last have you seen T&T capable of doing all of this against opposition who are capable of doing all of this. We still struggle to do the FUNDAMENTALS as a national team. Watching this World Cup every team seems to have at least the fundamentals mechanically down. We also still struggle or maybe don't have the players capable to create consecutive passes when moving forward, instead STILL in the year 2014 resorting the long ball from the back to the front! how about having couple shots on target during the game? I could count on one hand how many total shots we had on target against both Argentina and Iran.

So which team in this WC tournament you can confidently say T&T
will beat?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:48:54 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »

Actually I think the opposite. I think we would have been torn apart. The teams that are doing well in the tournament are teams with good team chemistry, forwards who know how to score and teams who control the possession of the game. When last have you seen T&T capable of doing all of this against opposition who are capable of doing all of this. We still struggle to do the FUNDAMENTALS as a national team. Watching this World Cup every team seems to have at least the fundamentals mechanically down. We also still struggle or maybe don't have the players capable to create consecutive passes when moving forward, instead STILL in the year 2014 resorting the long ball from the back to the front! how about having couple shots on target during the game? I could count on one hand how many total shots we had on target against both Argentina and Iran.

So which team in this WC tournament you can confidently say T&T
will beat?

everyone is entitled to their opinion, talk yuh talk...

TT had approximately under 10 days to train together, haven't played for some odd 7 months and had they qualified they would have been 10 times more prepared playing argentina... based on the talent and coaching i believe we would have done well, this world cup is a more open style of play, not as defensive as germany in 2006

once again, both viewpoints, yours and mine are nothing but educated guesses or assumptions based on different perspectives... i believe we can beat an iran, hondurus, costa rica, korea, oz to name a few... once again you will most likely disagree and say we are not fundamentally there, if these players didn't have the fundamentals they won't be playing professionally.

we have both seen them play much better and with a stronger team, we didn't play with a full team, sadly... not making excuses but hart has brought us from oblivion to something on the rise...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »
I will say we on the rise when we play accordingly.. not going to talk dat talk just based off dreams of where I want T&T to be as a team.  I laugh at you when you say T&T team is fundamentally there simply because our players play professionally.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:32:10 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
STILL in the year 2014 resorting the long ball from the back to the front! how about having couple shots on target

But I seeing that in this Wc. The difference is that it is excuted in a more accurate manner.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
I will say we on the rise when we play accordingly.. not going to talk dat talk just based off dreams of where I want T&T to be as a team.  I laugh at you when you say T&T team is fundamentally there simply because our players play professionally.

so KJ not fundamentally there? hoyte not there? clubs not investing in a player if they have no fundamentals, it is not a wise investment..

i would prefer you outline your meaning of fundamentals? for me we are lacking true dribblers, guerra has it but it didn't show that night, he was too timid, but does he have the fundamentals? yes he does... can he trap a ball, can he pass, yes...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »
STILL in the year 2014 resorting the long ball from the back to the front! how about having couple shots on target

But I seeing that in this Wc. The difference is that it is excuted in a more accurate manner.

even brazil playing long ball in their matches... plenty long ball, but men handling their stories when they receive it, our players don't lack a good first touch, they lack match practice, confidence and resources... if ttfa had their business in order, we would see a different team on that field

1]; } ?>