April 23, 2024, 11:46:14 PM

Author Topic: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.  (Read 128979 times)

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »
I was about to say the same thing. USA dont look as mighty as they used to.

USA have surprisingly never won a CONCACAF U20 competition !

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »
So are we looking back at that JA game yet.   :pissedoff:

Should have been sitting pretty with 6 points.

:cursing:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
Link for Jam vs Guat game?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
Come on Boyz,get a draw and repay us the favour we did for you.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2015, 08:12:29 PM »
I just checked the Reggaeboyz football site and a Yard supporter wrote,dem is ah bunch ah wild man,about his Jamaican team.He took the words right outta my mouth. ;D.We still need them to come away with a draw though,better for us.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »
Right now is 1-0 guatemala
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
guatemala and panama look very solid. dem boys come to ball. if T&T pull thru this tourny they would earn my utmost respect.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
guatemala and panama look very solid. dem boys come to ball. if T&T pull thru this tourny they would earn my utmost respect.
A very true assessment from what I have seen so far,Panama is special,Guat isn't far behind.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2015, 07:00:53 AM »
I think we can competently compete against all the rated teams. ..my one concern is our keeper...man seem kinda shaky
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
My hunch is that it is probably better for us that Jandown lost rather got a draw with Guatemala. Hey will be desperate for more points and likely to obstacles for USA, Panama.
Could somebody remind us of how many from each group going through?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »
Wiki:

The twelve teams shall be divided into a group stage consisting of two groups (A, B) of six teams each. The group winners qualify automatically for the Final and the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup, while the runners-up and third place teams are reseeded amongst each other and play a repechage play-off for the last two CONCACAF slots at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup..

CONCACAF have stated that on each match day, three matches will be played at the same stadium (described as a "triple header").

Tiebreaking criteria

The regulations state that:

"At the end of group play, and should two or more teams finish tied on points (including ties among third place teams), the manner in which teams will advance to the next round will be resolved as follows and in the order indicated:

a. Greater number of points in matches between the tied teams
b. Greater goal difference in matches between the tied teams (if more than two teams finish equal on points)
c. Greater number of goals scored in matches among the tied teams (if more than two teams finish equal on points)
d. Greater goal difference in all group matches
e. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches
f.  Drawing of lots

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
Good stuff. Thanks.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2015, 02:56:36 PM »
Mex 1  Can 0 after 40 mins.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
No room for complacency as U-20s look ahead to tougher challenges.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 head coach Derek King expects this country’s under 20 footballers to pick up more momentum as they look ahead to three of what may be their toughest challenges at the CONCACAF Under 20 Championship in Jamaica.

Currently second place on the table behind leaders Panama (six points), level with Guatemala and ahead of United States (1) and Jamaica (1), T&T will face of with Guatemala on Wednesday in a match which the result will be crucial towards both team’s chances of advancing.

T&T took care of business with a 5-1 victory over Aruba on Sunday evening as Panama stopped United States 1-0 and Guatemala also defeated hosts Jamaica 1-0. But King is well aware that his team has three difficult matches remaining in the group phase.

“The important thing for us now is to stay focused, be disciplined and more mature in our defending, especially in the late stages of the game,” King told TTFA Media.

“We conceded another late goal on Sunday and it’s something we’ll work on. I was happy with the way the guys conducted themselves especially early in the match when we took our chances,” he added.

“Aikim has been really good for us with two goals in the two games so far. There was a bit of a worry because he came off with a knock but he should be okay. Jabari also came in and did well and Muckette gave another good showing and took his goal very well. I was pleased with the effort overall especially with the boys that came in and did their part.”

“The tournament itself is still very wide opened with the results up to now. We will review our performances so far and address the areas that need to be worked on. And we will also ensure the players are in good health and remain focused for the games to come. Guatemala on Wednesday will not be easy by any means but I think once we put our heads down and we play to our ability and no make too many unforced errors or mistakes then there is every reason to believe we can get the results,” King added.

Mitchell of W Connection and Naparima College, is also banking on his team to push on in this tournament.

“We’re feeling really good at the moment. We’re confident but not complacent. The most important thing is for us to keep concentrating and take one game at a time,” Mitchell told TTFA Media.

“We knew that we had to get into a good rhythm because the opponents are getting harder with each, especially from here. So the game against Aruba was good for us because we took our chances and we now have two games in the competition under our belts.

“We knew we had to score as many goals because it could come down to goal difference. Scoring our chances is vital if we want to progress. I think we have held our own so far but we ‘ll be aiming to polish up and get it even better for the games to come,” Mitchell added.

T&T will face Guatemala from 3pm (4pm TT time) at the National Stadium in Kingston.

The Junior “Soca Warriors”  are in Group A along with  Jamaica, Aruba, Panama, the United States and Guatemala. Group B includes Haiti, Canada, Mexico, Cuba, Honduras and El Salvador, in order of position drawn. 

The tournament will crown the Confederation champion at this age level, and qualify four teams to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015. 

The top team from each group after round-robin play advances to the World Cup, and the second and third place nations from each group advance to the final day knockout phase, with the chance to dispute one of a pair of play-in matches which will determine CONCACAF's other two World Cup spots, as stated by CONCACAF.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:19:59 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »
I just don't trust our defending,and I believe anybody can score against us at anytime in a match,that is what bothers me,best of luck though.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 12, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
Cfu teams getting slapped around like little children at this tournament.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »
Aye, Mr.King, your players are holding on to the ball too long. I don't know what you are teaching these kids but they don't have a f%&king clue about how beautiful the game can be in its simplicity. Pass the ball before the defender takes it from you. If you make an intelligent run so your teammate can find you, you will get the ball back. One touch and two touch football are very important and useful tools to advance to the goal. Use them. What is the problem here? By the way your midfield is going to get run over if your midfielders cannot make intelligent, properly weighted passes before the defender closes up the window of opportunity for the pass to be both effective and deadly. I am seeing players trying to do starboy thing and using way too many touches on the ball before passing it to a teammate. Its like they are running a frigging relay before they pass the baton. In your next three games your entire team has to be sharper or else you and your team will be done and dusted.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2015, 04:51:29 AM »
King Deese:  Very simple game,but you make it difficult and there's the problem.As you pointed out and asked the question,"what are the coaches teaching them".They are definitely holding on to the ball too long.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
Go Boys! I like how they playing and they on the level with all these teams. IS just a matter of 90+ mins concentration. Beat Guatemala!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
This is a must win game for T&T.  LET'S GO WARRIORS!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 13, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »
I think we have the goods to take care of Guatemala based on what I saw. It will be tricky though.
Wishing you well Warriors. You can do it.
Wednesday is the day!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 13, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
I just drove home like a mad man to see the game just to find out that the game is tomorrow.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 13, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »
Stueps the game is tomorrow, I dey stalling, making all kind ah excuse. The kids want me to take them out in this -30C icebox to do nonsense. :'(
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 13, 2015, 04:02:46 PM »
I just drove home like a mad man to see the game just to find out that the game is tomorrow.
I saw that you thought it was today,and wanted to tell you but I had to do some cooking so I forgot.I know the feelings,I recall rushing down an exam paper at Uni to see Argentina play,they lost and I failed the exam.Rushing causes problems sometimes.I re-wrote the paper and passed.Rushing cause problems sometimes. ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #326 on: January 13, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »
T&T U-20s go after second win vs Guatemala.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team will look to move a step closer to qualification for the 2015 FIFA Under 20 World Cup when they go in pursuit of three points in their third CONCACAF qualifier against Guatemala at the National Stadium in Kingston from 3pm on Wednesday.

T&T are unbeaten after two games and are on four points behind leaders Panama (six) and ahead of third place Guatemala on goal difference.  United States takes on bottom placed Aruba while Jamaica are faced with a must win situation against table toppers Panama in the other matches scheduled for Kingston on the evening.

T&T head coach Derek King is expecting nothing but an overly challenging contest from the Central Americans.

“We looked at Guatemala several times, They are a pretty good  team  and they stay organized for long periods with good movements and some very strong players,” King told TTFA Media at the Knutsford Court Hotel in Kingston.

“We have to defend well and stay disciplined and take our chances because we will create chances against them. The vibe is quite good in the camp as  the players know the importance of this game and a victory tomorrow will separate the teams a bit,” he added.

Aikim Andrews who has scored in both games against Jamaica and Aruba is nursing a slight ankle injury but is likely to be fit for the encounter.  King said the entire team is growing more confident as the tournament goes on.

“I believe in this team. When we analyze the other teams  we see that it’s not beyond us to top the group. Once we continue to believe in ourselves, it’s eleven versus eleven on the day. The talent and ability is there but it takes more than that for us to go out there and score goals and win matches. So far we have shown we are on the right track and we’ll try to keep that up for the game against Guatemala and the two other games.

“One of the aims is to stay unbeaten in the group . We are still taking each game as a  final.

T&T captain Shannon Gomez has been solid in both games so far and has demonstrated his ability to support in attack also.  He feels the challenges ahead in the competition are not beyond T&T.

“When you look at our two performances so far, we’ve been solid but we improved also. We failed to put away the chances against Jamaica that would have given us the win but we converted well against Aruba.

I think the team is growing with every game and we will continue to dig deep to pull off the results in the remaining three games to get among the four teams that will qualify for the World Cup in New Zealand, “ Gomez said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 13, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
Add one more. I swear the games is tonite.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 13, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
Right now is 1-0 guatemala

And to make things worse. When I logged on and scrolled down to this post. I thought DAM we down already  :rotfl:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 13, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »
I am confident we will win the next two games and qualify directly. USA is still the best team in this group. I expect them ti destroy Aruba tomorrow and JA to pull of a win against Panama. We just have to do our part in the next two games and we good for the last game against USA. I expect a very good defensive showing tomorrow when Jesus Perez comes back into the team...  :beermug:

1]; } ?>