March 28, 2024, 06:17:14 AM

Author Topic: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.  (Read 128042 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
Deeks go back and read meh last post before I was muzzled...de one wah ANC2 say I never win a snow cone cup...allyuh eh easy nuh...allyuh livin  on Fantasy Island ..wid Tattoo and Mr Roarke

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »
I said this before and I will say it again ....Trinidad have better keepers...Watson is not a natural defender

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:54 AM »
Yo it eh matter how talented we team is...if we keeper is a shithong we will get brush....in my heart I feel this man getting play cuz he a white boy and keeping for some shit team here in d us....look we cant get ah gustine keeper o something....I is always ask myself what d coach dem does be seeing that we the fans not...football for these youths is a livelihood...no small goal thing...or something they do for fun..or a hubby...is a career...and that Johan fella don't hv all he eggs in one basket...

Watch we was pressing hard for that equalizer...it mighta come too...y he trying to run up field....yuh is not a midfielder. ..fuss he shitty...he eh even know he is a keeper...this eh college soccer mih boy...this is football world cup qualifying. ..big man thing!

But you is a true cyat. An ignorant Trini at its worst. Remember an era when white Trinis could never make a national football team? Now you suggesting he's getting played because he's white. GEt ya head out of yuh c*nt na.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
Which player he did not bring?
we needed  brent sam but he does not like to train king says thus he was dropped ...(funny thing jabloteh played him does he hate to train for them? ) the other striker ricardo john only seen the last 15-20 minutes of the jamaica game and he seemed out of it first ever international game for him...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2015, 12:52:54 PM »
the jamaica opening game tie  is coming back to haunt us   :cursing: :cursing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
we needed  brent sam but he does not like to train king says thus he was dropped ...(funny thing jabloteh played him does he hate to train for them? ) the other striker ricardo john only seen the last 15-20 minutes of the jamaica game and he seemed out of it first ever international game for him...

I think John and Levi should have started.

John just finished a successful college season, he has experience. Look how many of the players he played against are being drafted right now. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »
All these other countries takin de youth football serious with the exception of Trinidad and Tobago....when will we stop mamagying de youths?

Football at this level is higher than any level these youths have played in Trinidad and Tobago...the kids who came from the US college system are in no better position because a lot of US College programs are simply crazy..

We should build on our past successes by getting old coaches invovled with youth development on the national level..

Get coaches like La Forest, SinClair, Selris Figaro, Dick Furlonge, Steadman and a host of other old guys and get their input..pick sense from nonsense and build for the future..

I am not saying to get rid of young coaches..I am saying bring back the old coaches and get them involved because they have an immense amount of knowldege to impart ..

Do it soon before they all die out.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2015, 03:00:12 PM »
the jamaica opening game tie  is coming back to haunt us   :cursing: :cursing:

That and the fact that The Guat. game should have at least ended nil nil. Guat had one shot on goal de whole game but won 2nil  :bs:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
Authorities in T&T don't give a **** whether T&T falls behind or not. Let's face it. T&T is unique in that respect. We jess doh care about T&T institutions, reputations, icons, pedigree. So what if we become the shittongs of the region some day. So what if the football elders say we used to be real good years ago. Players in T&T are perceived (mostly) as a bunch ah wotless societal rejects not worthy of investment with no collateral benefit to the wider society, as Deeks says, labelled as just being from EDR or similarly equated. Nothing wrong in being from there but a social stigma is attached by many. Coache could hot up heself about why why, but nothing will change unless extreme pressure is put by the fan lobbyists of the football sector on the various football administrators. That's where this site, Tallman, Flex and Lasana "yuh f**ker" Liburd come in, to help them see what they doh see and understand (what matters to them) the personal consequences (loss if big wuk, perks, kickbacks, power) if they doh get they act together. Get de drift.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:16:44 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 15, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »
well, I never read so much crap from so much knowledable ppl in my short life..wait, not true...everytime we lorse a game..it does start to spout..
Everybody does have the answer, everybody does know the reasons, except the ppl who actually doing the stuff..dem doh know nothing.
The old days, and how it was.. nobody can't even agree on what is wrong, but we go agree, or better still get the ole fellas, who couldn't agree either, to agree how to fix it.. Everybody want to have the answers, but want their answer be the right answer.
uh huh..carry on.. I saw it when I was a athlete and player, and ah still seeing it now.. Coach dem doh know nothing, Player or players no good, Admin no good, Government no good...Supporters true true doh.    ::) ::)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2015, 04:23:58 PM »
well, I never read so much crap from so much knowledable ppl in my short life..wait, not true...everytime we lorse a game..it does start to spout..
Everybody does have the answer, everybody does know the reasons, except the ppl who actually doing the stuff..dem doh know nothing.
The old days, and how it was.. nobody can't even agree on what is wrong, but we go agree, or better still get the ole fellas, who couldn't agree either, to agree how to fix it.. Everybody want to have the answers, but want their answer be the right answer.
uh huh..carry on.. I saw it when I was a athlete and player, and ah still seeing it now.. Coach dem doh know nothing, Player or players no good, Admin no good, Government no good...Supporters true true doh.    ::) ::)

I don't think "everybody" want their answer to be the right answer, but maybe part of the answer. It great that we feel hard done, bitter, sour, etc about losing, that's a great way to be. to have people challenge what's going is where we need to go. How often we were in great situations to qualify for a tournament and salt, with no insight or report from the "people who doing it"? No inquest, no self reflection, nothing, just ah hard luck fellas/ladies. That should never be good enough. With many people voicing their opinions and expressig how they feel will go a log way in helping our football standard to improve. For to long the FA/FF preyed on ignorant fans, but no long. The modern game exposes everything in quick time.

Let we keep taking it easy and keep quiet because we eh win a PFL and and ah Toyota Cup, it will help. Look the Super Draft on today how many ah we players get ah look in. College boys left and right being drafted, but we Pros names nowhere to be found. Look TFC just use an international spot on ah French defender from NC.

What are we doing?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »

I don't think "everybody" want their answer to be the right answer, but maybe part of the answer. It great that we feel hard done, bitter, sour, etc about losing, that's a great way to be. to have people challenge what's going is where we need to go. How often we were in great situations to qualify for a tournament and salt, with no insight or report from the "people who doing it"? No inquest, no self reflection, nothing, just ah hard luck fellas/ladies. That should never be good enough. With many people voicing their opinions and expressig how they feel will go a log way in helping our football standard to improve. For to long the FA/FF preyed on ignorant fans, but no long. The modern game exposes everything in quick time.

Let we keep taking it easy and keep quiet because we eh win a PFL and and ah Toyota Cup, it will help. Look the Super Draft on today how many ah we players get ah look in. College boys left and right being drafted, but we Pros names nowhere to be found. Look TFC just use an international spot on ah French defender from NC.

What are we doing?
Elan..we never take it easy or keep quiet with NO lorse..we never take it, we always attack somebody.. and we still reaching the verge and losing..so tell meh how the noise help..same flicking ting everytime..because ppl doh jump infront a camera yuh think it doh have no SELF-reflecting, or analyzing..yuh think dem tryin to lorse and face all dem ppl wasting dem dong...but every f**king time we wasting them down still...so how it eh improve yet..how we still losing then.. Maybe we should try something else as supporters..maybe trust and support, without all the f**king drama and pressure..cause I yet to see how the standard improve with all the voicing of opinion on here...look same to me. but I old, I doh see so good

add: magine in this day an age man saying we lorse because of ah keeper.. anybody could ask Pele when allyuh rub shoulders with him bout dem big keeper..or cause of a forward or any 3 guys..anyway, everybody could do their thing..that's how we do it anyway..the boys/coaches will one day win, in spite of all the crap, perceived or real. That's my belief.. carry on

add: is one thing suggesting what might have been done better etc..but to waste down the athlete after the fact is nonsense. PPl don't know that by now ? Probably I was to much on the losing end, so what I know
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:54:07 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »
Mex 2- Honduras 0. 73 mins. gone.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
Football is a game of results and results NEVER lie....Results  tell us something..results always are a reflection of how will you  prepared.

Football is a game that reflects life itself...whatever you put in that is what you will get back...if you plant peas you will only get peas.. if you plant peas with little or no nuturing you are taking a chance on nature to to give you a bountyful supply...

Despite what many people believe on this site ..your destiny is always within your control.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »

What are we doing?
Elan..we never take it easy or keep quiet with NO lorse..we never take it, we always attack somebody.. and we still reaching the verge and losing..so tell meh how the noise help..same flicking ting everytime..because ppl doh jump infront a camera yuh think it doh have no SELF-reflecting, or analyzing..yuh think dem tryin to lorse and face all dem ppl wasting dem dong...but every f**king time we wasting them down still...so how it eh improve yet..how we still losing then.. Maybe we should try something else as supporters..maybe trust and support, without all the f**king drama and pressure..cause I yet to see how the standard improve with all the voicing of opinion on here...look same to me. but I old, I doh see so good

add: magine in this day an age man saying we lorse because of ah keeper.. anybody could ask Pele when allyuh rub shoulders with him bout dem big keeper..or cause of a forward or any 3 guys..anyway, everybody could do their thing..that's how we do it anyway..the boys/coaches will one day win, in spite of all the crap, perceived or real. That's my belief.. carry on

add: is one thing suggesting what might have been done better etc..but to waste down the athlete after the fact is nonsense. PPl don't know that by now ? Probably I was to much on the losing end, so what I know

So stay quiet and support, that's your answer. Be positive or spit?

Nah man. We losing because there are no checks and balances in place. They reflect to whom, themselves? That's like students correcting their own assignment.

It's us sitting quiet on the sidelines as "supporters" that have we in this situation. If since back in the days after Haiti, the supporters did speak out and challenge the FA/FF we might have been in a better position. I don't agree that we waste down the players and coaches (some do get emotional), but we do criticize and some times fiercely.  This is our responsibility. All around the world in almost every sport NT are held to high standards and players are celebrated in victory and challenged in defeat.

Look at Germany's success over the years and yet they weren't satisfied. They challenged and criticized and reflect and came away as world champs. We keep doing the same thing every time and expect to see result or get a pat on the back for trying? (I'm sure you know what they say about a people who do not learn from their past). Give them time, give them time, 30 something year old players and men still saying give them time, that's who we are. This tournament placed a mirror in our faces and showed us who we are. We are participants, that's it (hope I am proven wrong in the next couple games :praying: ). 

Jamaica to kill and we allow them back into the game. Guatemala to dismiss and we lose, even Aruba to belittle and we give up a goal. Every game the coach saying how good we were, but we keep giving up goals and we need to address that. How does that work?

Look at this, the 2nd goal we gave up came about by Guatemala paying attention to the game. What were we doing?

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »
So stay quiet and support, that's your answer. Be positive or spit? NO, I don't have the answer, I leaving that to the appointed coaches. If I knew any better, eg. I do not think the can coach this team I would be writing letters and protesting. But I trust what their selection and their capabilities, so I making noise and supporting not cussing.

Nah man. We losing because there are no checks and balances in place. They reflect to whom, themselves? That's like students correcting their own assignment. The check and balances to the boys training is the coach and the TD.

It's us sitting quiet on the sidelines as "supporters" that have we in this situation. We don't sit quiet as supporters, we shouldn't but why we have to be loudest, covering we face, and looking for bobbolee to beat after.If since back in the days after Haiti, the supporters did speak out and challenge the FA/FF we might have been in a better position.So if the FA is why we lorsing, wha we cussing the players for, win or lorse ? But we all know why the FA is in this situation, we always knew, but what we do...we jump and wave when we went WC, even doh, things was not correct, but hey we reach, so we could wait til after.I don't agree that we waste down the players and coaches (some do get emotional), but we do criticize and some times fiercely.  This is our responsibility. All around the world in almost every sport NT are held to high standards and players are celebrated in victory and challenged in defeat.  There is criticism and there is degradation, given the known circumstances, nobody on the team or staff deserve degradation. They are all working to the best of their abilty, and sometimes things just don't go your way, sometimes they do, as coache said nurturing and they would grow, but a truck of manure is not nuturing

Look at Germany's success over the years and yet they weren't satisfied. They challenged and criticized and reflect and came away as world champs. We keep doing the same thing every time and expect to see result or get a pat on the back for trying? (I'm sure you know what they say about a people who do not learn from their past). Give them time, give them time, 30 something year old players and men still saying give them time, that's who we are. This tournament placed a mirror in our faces and showed us who we are. We are participants, that's it (hope I am proven wrong in the next couple games :praying: ). We pick our best players, we pick our best coaches, we afford them the best preparation we can, and we celebrate them win or loss. If WE not giving them the best of any of those, it CANNOT be their fault, it's OUR fault.

Jamaica to kill and we allow them back into the game. Guatemala to dismiss and we lose, even Aruba to belittle and we give up a goal. Every game the coach saying how good we were, but we keep giving up goals and we need to address that. How does that work?

Look at this, the 2nd goal we gave up came about by Guatemala paying attention to the game. What were we doing?
I'm not disputing any of this, but is this now happening ? They will get it. I never know a coach who train his charges to ease up in any close game, even in house league , farless Intl ball. Yuh think the coach and players not feeling it, yuh think they train for it to be that way ?
Funniest thing, most of our greatest athletes , including footballers achieve their greatest development to successes away from their greatest supporters, us, especially when they were just talented losers on the up. We hardly pay them any mind, or class them with a certain picong, depending on who they with or  very few know them, but once they successful or even just get a selection to a Intl paper, we are number 1 supporters, trini to the bone,RWB...when they lorse, we are their greatest critics because we care. I wonder, who we really care bout ?

we all want the same thing, but not because we want it bad, means we must or will ever get it. I just feel must never stop trying, if that is repeating the same action, then so be it. Plenty successful athletes mad so, maybe I coulda be one.
add: sure the goalie mess, and some players, and maybe the coach, but does that mean, they are mess hounds or the coach didn't pick the best players at his disposal ? Damn, we hard to lose for. If winning was so easy then why play, we should just mail in our desire and talent. Ihave 3 kids capable of repping TT as adults, for now they are still kids and learning, 2 already did with some measure of success, but oh gorm, when they read the criticism, they fraid. Meanwhile this country after them like no tomorrow, and like they cyah do nothing wrong, and only one really care about the sport..the one most fraid to represent TT. (but I digress).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:11:40 PM by maxg »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:45 PM »
Welch is the leading candidate for the "numb nuts" play of the tournament.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:32 AM »
Here's the thing for me. There are no excuses when it comes to sports and succeeding. We can talk until we're blue in the face about the FA not supporting the teams and the lack of preparation, and rightly so. However once you take up the mantle and place yourself in the position to participate, then you are responsible and open yourself up to the same treatment as a group/person who's fully prepared. If you think that the conditions do not permit you to succeed, then you have an option to opt out. It is your reputation on the line. What I am not settling for is "we have to understand". No we don't. What we have are expectations once we see our Country out there.

The mentality that it is ok with whatever results and efforts produced on the field is a very poor one and one that we need to eradicate. This mentality maybe the reason why winning 2-0 and dominating JA and yet draw 2-2 is common and accepted. Or why you dominate your opponent and lose 2-0. Maxg, I am all for support and being positive and understanding, but not to the detrement of success and improving the quality of our players.

Our players want to play in the big leagues and be successful, yet at the International level we feel it is okay to "cuddle" them. Maybe this is why we are playing in India, Vietnam, Iceland and these places with leagues barely better (if at all) than our PFL. Is that what we want for our players? responsibility is a hell of a thing. A trait it seems sorely lacking in many areas of our society and citizenry. We need to break this idea that because we are limited, it is acceptable to be average. No. I say no. Hell no.

We need to push forward and hold our players and coaches and Federations and government and fans responsible every step of the way. Demand success whether your belly full, you're satisfied or starving. Does that mean you win everything? Of course not, but that is the approach we should demand and expect. How are our player to develop that Professional and International mentality when they don't have to. When will they develop that mentality that conditions may not be right but I still have to show my ability, what I am made off, that I can in less than desirable circumstance persevere and be successful.

I remember after the U17 girls defeat to the USA last qualifier I was asked why some of the girls looked so weak. I responded with "the necessary resources require to enable the players to be successful are not provided to them." The coach was like what? I used weight training as an example of one area that we are deficient in. His response was, "can they not get on each other back and squat? Can they not improvise with various body weight strength exercises?  I had no answer.

We need to stop being victims and start charting our own paths to success. We need to develop that Cut-throat Mentality and put teams to bed whenever you catch them. We need to want to win and not just not lose. These players are our future, they are the 2022 and to a certain extent 2018 (although no one has shown that they can cut it) available players. I know it may sound all philosophical and fantastical, but this is how people succeed everyday. Dragging themselves from under the feet of oppressors, by reflecting on criticism and using that to fuel them to push on, by using their desire to be one of the best.

I maybe different, but I believe that your success is dependent on how much YOU want to succeed..................or not.

How Bad Do You Want It

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lsSC2vx7zFQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lsSC2vx7zFQ</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9NwyXwn72kc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9NwyXwn72kc</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i67aKJAcf5w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i67aKJAcf5w</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
Where is Dre Fortune? This player has shown the quality and ability to score goals and create goal scoring opportunities!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2015, 08:07:44 AM »
I see and feel the passion in the post by Elan above. You wouldn't take the time to write all that if you did not mean it.
Players, I guess, are just a reflection of the general society. And T&T psyche is somewhat damaged. Therefore the "team" seems to be lacking that little something big to beat regional rivals.
The uncharacteristic passion, like in Elan's notes, which you want to see in the team and fans, becomes so when the "exposure" changes. One suspects that the poster has been exposed to "stuff" possibly based on a unique journey in travel or reading or mentoring.

Therefore we got to "expose" the youngsters if the society is not changing. Exposure entails special coaches, more practice and international games and trips abroad to see other cultures in action. Books to read. Plenty yield right there when we know the whole society cyah be moved and the stands stay empty as a reflection of complete apathy.
The most we could hope for is a wave of useful waving waggonists in the stands who wish to be part of de "action" when the players seem to succeed despite their handicaps and are on the verge of something big.
This under 20 side is very promising and just a bit more "exposure" and they would be making waves.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:27:23 AM by dreamer »

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2015, 08:19:39 AM »
I see and feel the passion in the post by Elan above. You wouldn't take the time to write all that if you did not mean it.
Players, I guess, are just a reflection of the general society. And T&T psyche is somewhat damaged. Therefore the "team" seems to be lacking that little something to big to beat regional rivals.
The uncharacteristic passion, like in Elan's notes, which you want to see in the team and fans, becomes so when the "exposure" changes. One suspects that Ekan has been exposed to "stuff" possibly based on a unique journey in travel or reading or mentoring.

Therefore we got to "expose" the youngsters if the society is not changing. Exposure entails special coaches, more practice and international games and trips abroad to see other cultures in action. Books to read. Plenty yield right there when we know the whole society cyah be moved and the stands stay empty as a reflection of complete apathy.
The most we could hope for is a wave of useful waving waggonists in the stands who wish to be part of de "action" when the players seem to succeed despite their handicaps and are on the verge of something big.
This under 20 side is very promising and just a bit more "exposure" and they would be making waves.

Point well taken and the coach can be the difference maker in this situation, the coach also lacks the "exposure" so he cannot affect the mentality of the players.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:59 AM »
Where is Dre Fortune? This player has shown the quality and ability to score goals and create goal scoring opportunities!

Fortune was one of our better players on our last under 17 team and is part of this T&T under 20 team, but I heard he little unfit and is not playing regular football, thats why he wasn't picked.

Mitchell, Garcia, Muckette and Andrews playing top ball at the moment.

Then Creed and Hackshaw just add defensive power.

Woo Ling not even getting a run.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
the coach also lacks the "exposure" so he cannot affect the mentality of the players.

King has been head coach for a while now. I don't think is an issue of lack of exposure. I think is the lack of preparation. That is, the lack of quality oponents for friendly so that he can weed out the non-performers.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2015, 09:46:53 AM »
Alright fellas, new day, new game, another chance to do what you love doing. Give thanks, laces up those cleats and let's go do work. 

:flamethrower: for Panama today.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Yes, very promising team indeed. So is the girls teams and the men team. Always promising to do this and that. The latest promise is to "bounce back". Yo, enough with the promises. Show and prove or shut up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:17:38 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »
Allyuh remember is this same Panama team f00ck we last time in Panama at de Under 17 level. They been together 4 years now.

So ah hope King paying attention.

Ervin Zorrilla and Edson Samms is good players we have to watch them.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:34:53 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
Correct. Dey had breakaway speed fuh days.
Good test for de warriors. We must embrace these TOUGH opportunities. We can do it.
Ideally get games against them before tournaments come around. Next time?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Schäfer: Jamaica U-20s Not Ready
« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
Schäfer:Jamaica  U-20s Not Ready
By Gordon Williams (Jamaica Gleaner)

Jamaica won't be looking to the national under-20 team for immediate injection of fresh talent into an ageing senior player pool, as according to head coach Winfried Schäfer, none of the young Reggae Boyz on show at the CONCACAF Championship is ready to step up.

While there is concern that several key members of the senior squad are near or over 30, especially with the next World Cup three years away and a busy international calendar looming in 2015, according to Schäfer, the current crop of U-20s is incapable of making an effective transition. He's "happy" with the senior group, but is encouraging competition for places. So far, not one of the young Boyz will be able to mount a challenge.

"We have to change, but we need players who can pressure those in place," the coach who guided Jamaica to the Caribbean Cup in November said after Jamaica's 2-0 loss to Panama at the National Stadium, which plunged the team next to bottom of Group A.

"Now, I watch my young players in the Under-20 team and nobody can play in my senior team. These players cannot pressure those already there. They cannot. In the moment, no. Maybe in six months."

talented players in the schools

Schäfer, who had been off the island until days ago, but managed to review the Boyz' January 9 game against Trinidad and Tobago on video, said Jamaica has "very talented players in the schools", but the young Boyz needed to be more efficiently equipped before they're drafted into the national programme. The training at the schools, in particular, he said, was "not good enough".

"We need preparation," Schäfer explained. "In the schools and (club) leagues it must be better."

"We have to change many things with the youth," he added. "Fitness and tactics."

The high school football season does not, he argued, adequately ready players for international competition. However, Schäfer believes the situation can improve with an overhaul of the way the youth teams are viewed by football administrators, including allowing more time for training. That's not an option, he explained, since the senior team depends on the development of young talent for continuity.

"At this level (U-20s) nobody can play better (than the seniors)," said Schäfer. "But they can if the players work more - tactically and physically. These players need our help."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2015, 11:55:01 AM »
Schäfer:Jamaica  U-20s Not Ready
By Gordon Williams (Jamaica Gleaner)

Jamaica won't be looking to the national under-20 team for immediate injection of fresh talent into an ageing senior player pool, as according to head coach Winfried Schäfer, none of the young Reggae Boyz on show at the CONCACAF Championship is ready to step up.

While there is concern that several key members of the senior squad are near or over 30, especially with the next World Cup three years away and a busy international calendar looming in 2015, according to Schäfer, the current crop of U-20s is incapable of making an effective transition. He's "happy" with the senior group, but is encouraging competition for places. So far, not one of the young Boyz will be able to mount a challenge.

"We have to change, but we need players who can pressure those in place," the coach who guided Jamaica to the Caribbean Cup in November said after Jamaica's 2-0 loss to Panama at the National Stadium, which plunged the team next to bottom of Group A.

"Now, I watch my young players in the Under-20 team and nobody can play in my senior team. These players cannot pressure those already there. They cannot. In the moment, no. Maybe in six months."

talented players in the schools

Schäfer, who had been off the island until days ago, but managed to review the Boyz' January 9 game against Trinidad and Tobago on video, said Jamaica has "very talented players in the schools", but the young Boyz needed to be more efficiently equipped before they're drafted into the national programme. The training at the schools, in particular, he said, was "not good enough".

"We need preparation," Schäfer explained. "In the schools and (club) leagues it must be better."

"We have to change many things with the youth," he added. "Fitness and tactics."

The high school football season does not, he argued, adequately ready players for international competition. However, Schäfer believes the situation can improve with an overhaul of the way the youth teams are viewed by football administrators, including allowing more time for training. That's not an option, he explained, since the senior team depends on the development of young talent for continuity.

"At this level (U-20s) nobody can play better (than the seniors)," said Schäfer. "But they can if the players work more - tactically and physically. These players need our help."

So we are not alone in this department.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
Always some type of excuses. We even reach to a point where people begging not to bash the players and coach after games we should have won, but instead just to focus on the positive things that happen during the games. We like it so! Mediocre standard in our football years now.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:13:30 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>