April 27, 2024, 12:23:32 PM

Author Topic: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.  (Read 129340 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Under-20 FIFA World Cup Thread.
« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »
True.. But if Welsh showing best in training- I guessing that's why he getting played -, do we really want to take a chance with the guy who not showing as good ?
And the 2nd paragraph on point to.

I was told there is a better keeper at home.

better than the 2 on the trip ? and why was he left home ? although it obviously to late to make a difference

my point is.. we could cry how much this goalie not good..but he must be showing a lot more than the 2nd string..he not getting selected from a hat ! 2 goalies on the trip, the best goalie must be playing if he starting every game..the coaches and selectors not mad.it may have better goalies, but they not on the trip.. I won't bother presenting a ton of reason why, when it might be just a few, that I could possibly miss.
Good Luck, whoever is starting keeper, cause you will have to make saves for us to win.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:58:23 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:31 PM »
True.. But if Welsh showing best in training- I guessing that's why he getting played -, do we really want to take a chance with the guy who not showing as good ?

In one sense, for that to ... quote, unquote ... matter, we have to move on.

Brazil also has better players than on display in the CONMEBOL tournament. For the moment, absent players are both academic (because theoretically we doh know what the presence of the other concretely would have produced) and meaningful (because playing wth another player has consequences).

We live by our choices.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:42 PM »

better than the 2 on the trip ? and why was he left home ? although it obviously to late to make a difference

my point is.. we could cry how much this goalie not good..but he must be showing a lot more than the 2nd string..he not getting selected from a hat ! 2 goalies on the trip, the best goalie must be playing if he starting every game..the coaches and selectors not mad.it may have better goalies, but they not on the trip.. I won't bother presenting a ton of reason why, when it might be just a few, that I could possibly miss.
Good Luck, whoever is starting keeper, cause you will have to make saves for us to win.

Maxg, do you not appreciate the role of the keeper as part of the team?  Thos e two mistakes had nothing to do with the team. It's all on the keeper. Both actios were HIS horrible decisions. He looks like a beginner/part time player. From the qualifications I pointed him out. I think it may have even been as far back as the U17s (will look into it).

NOt trying to be negative but call a spade a spade.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »

Maxg, do you not appreciate the role of the keeper as part of the team?  Thos e two mistakes had nothing to do with the team. It's all on the keeper. Both actios were HIS horrible decisions. He looks like a beginner/part time player. From the qualifications I pointed him out. I think it may have even been as far back as the U17s (will look into it).

NOt trying to be negative but call a spade a spade.
Not disputing the errors..but the keeper IS a part of the team.. IF he's the best we have at the tournament then what is the coach to do not play him ? So is ok, when everybody else on the team make mistakes, and everybody else, especially the keeper save and bail them out, but when the keeper make a mistake, is all his alone ? Other ppl might feel that way, but I doh coach so. Our U16 had a great keeper, who saved us like hell this year, missed 3 games for family holiday, had to stick our least co-ordinated player in goal. I ask the players, what y\all gonna do ? they said, run like mad and not let the other team get a shot. We lost 4-3, 5-1, 6-0. The players said we messed up we didn't work hard enough. I said, the only issue for me, if the other team score 2 we have to score 3, if they score 4 we have to score more. The returning keeper said he was sorry, he will organize his vacation differently next year if we have a team.  Btw, he ended up getting the league mvp, and 3 of our defenders made the all star team.  But if the coaches playing the best keeper available to them, why he must get blamed different from the team. 
ADD: Goals win games, not how manyscored on you, regardless of who fault it is.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:59:15 PM by maxg »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2015, 06:55:24 PM »
I would like to say best of luck to the Trinidad and Tobago U20 team in their final game tomorrow..it has been a long hard tournament for these young men...many of them have missed many valuable school hours.

The administration, staff and sponsors must be commended for their hard work and efforts..they have kept the flag of Trinidad and Tobago flying high.

The USA is not an unbeatable team however if you go out and play them with the same caribbean flavor then it would be curtains for you.

The players have done very well and should be commended for their efforts after all Football is only a game and games are meant to be  played to have fun and  a bit of enjoyment while it lasts.

The little goal keeper has come under harsh criticism from many people but all in all he has done us proud through his efforts, hard work and concentration.

Best of luck and let's come together and enjoy this last game ..Peace and Love man.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »
Where can I peep the game?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
Arite...look d keeper lil giddy...but whether he dropped or isnt....he is a socawarrior...so even tho I maybe be his biggest critic...I support him...we hadda support the entire team....maybe..hopefully...I praying...he has gained confidence and really rise to the occasion. ...greatness is upon us...lets do the damn thing....red black and white all de wayyyyyy! Buss net fellas!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #517 on: January 21, 2015, 02:01:17 AM »
Under 20s to go all out vs USA.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Ramos expects tough challenge from T&T.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s team will have  final throw of the dice as they seek to push themselves through to the playoffs of the CONCACAF Finals when they take on United States at the Montego Bay Sports Complex on Wednesday from 6:30pm TT time.

Two successive defeats to Guatemala and Panama threw T&T (4 points) off course after they had played undefeated in their opening two matches and all seemed lost following the loss to Panama. However the competition rules seem to be favouring the young “Soca Warriors” as despite their inferior goal difference to the U.S., a win for T&T on Wednesday will push them to seven points, same as the US and T&T will advance on the better head to head.

This bit if of news brought renewed hope to the T&T camp as head coach Derek King pointed out.

“This has given us a lot of hope going into the US game,” King told TTFA Media.

“We really felt that it was all over after the loss to Panama. The players were really down and disappointed because they had high hopes of doing well here. When we heard that we can still advance into the playoffs it lifted the spirits of everyone on the team,” he added.

T&T will be without Akeem Humphrey and forward Kadeem Corbin, who were both ejected against Panama while Duane Muckette is nursing a hamstring injury and Kevon Goddard is recovering from an ankle blow. 

King still expects T&T to go all out in the must win encounter against a US team that has grown in confidence after their previous 2-0 win over Jamaica.

“We will be missing a couple players because of the red cards but we are still very much hopeful of giving it our best. We know what USA has to offer. I think if we can stay disciplined and compact and be smart in our approach and take our chances, then we can still pull off a win and go through,” King said.

US head coach Tab Ramos said he does not expect T&T to be easy opponents.

“We know them very well and we’ve watched all their matches. Trinidad is a very good team. I think they’ve been very unfortunate in this group, because I think they’re probably a team – just like we are – they’re a team that should be fighting for that second or third spot. I like their team. I think it’s going to be an incredibly difficult match for us. But that’s the way it goes; it’s going to be tough for both,” Ramos said.

T&T senior men’s team head coach Stephen Hart has been with the team in Jamaica and the US too have been getting advice from US Senior Men’s coach Jurgen Klinsmann, who said the team’s struggles in their opening two games was an indication of CONCACAF becoming tougher every year.

Klinsmann – who Skyped with the Under-20 team, said “It’s not an easy path,” he said. “It’s a very difficult path coming through CONCACAF. We know that, coming through World Cup qualifiers, and the Gold Cup is not easy. Everybody is pretty close to each other. [The Americans] gotta go through that.

“I think the talent pool is good,” he added. “We can only help and develop wherever we can, and then hope they get the job done. But I’m very positive they’ll get it done.”

Panama (12 pts) and Guatemala (10 pts) meet in the earlier match and a draw will qualify Panama to the FIFA Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand while a win for Guatemala will see them advance. Both teams are already guaranteed a place in the playoffs should either of them lose this match.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:50:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2015, 03:01:13 AM »
Game is live on FOX Sports 2 from 5:30 EST.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
nuff time is only wen yuh back gainst d waal yuh go get ah united stand..

hoping jah (becauz he's a Trini) smile on we and give we the victory to move forward ever ..

go warriors !! play the futbol !! best of luck !!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 21, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »
Good goal by Panama

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 21, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »
Is there anyone to beat Mexico?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 21, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 21, 2015, 04:02:52 PM »
Congrats to Panama on Qualifying undefeated throughout the round to the U20 WC. :applause:   :'(

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
C'mon T&T! Fight like Warriors!! We can do this!!!

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 21, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »
Starters are up. Im assuming Garcia plays up top. But it looks like a 4-6-0

Welch
Archer
Perez
Watson
Gomez
Andrews
Hackshaw
Muckette
Woo Ling
Seecharan
Garcia

http://www.concacaf.com/category/under-20s-men/game-detail/215877

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
Starters are up. Im assuming Garcia plays up top. But it looks like a 4-6-0

Welch
Archer
Perez
Watson
Gomez
Andrews
Hackshaw
Muckette
Woo Ling
Seecharan
Garcia

http://www.concacaf.com/category/under-20s-men/game-detail/215877

Is't Andrews the Forward?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 21, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »
Hes listed there but ive seen Garcia play upfront before and i havent seen Andrews play up top. Its really just a guess by me.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
Levi Garcia on the Bench, so to Ricardo John, and Seecharan who eh play ah minute all tourney running out alongside Woo-Ling who only play about half of a game in the entire tournament.

Let's Go.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:25:00 PM by elan »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
Game live on Fox Sports2... for those with access.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 21, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »
First minute yellow card on the US' Russell Canouse.

Side note: embarrassing that Sheldon Phillips needed to call Derek King to let him know the tie-breaker rules.  Announcers just mentioned it on the broadcast.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:41:17 PM by Bakes »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
For supporters in Trinidad, Flow Channel 173

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 21, 2015, 04:43:45 PM »
This is a good team man.  Future bright. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 21, 2015, 04:44:33 PM »
Boy dat is ah horrible field.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »
This team is very wasteful... two or three chances gone begging.  They yet to even hit the target.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:54 PM »
Woo Ling looking good so far

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 21, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »
The double elbow vs Panama showed real talent. That guy should try MMA next.

Go T&T! 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 21, 2015, 04:59:39 PM »
the USA asserting themselves now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>