April 28, 2024, 09:59:19 AM

Author Topic: Bunji Changes Tune.  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bunji Changes Tune.
« on: November 08, 2005, 03:46:02 AM »
Bunji Changes Tune.
Jameela Jameelaali (Express).

Kareem Danglade prostrates himself on the coffin of his murdered 13-year-old brother, Kaleem "Billy", at the Chinapoo Basketball Court, Morvant, yesterday. The younger Danglade was shot to death by a stray bullet from wildly shooting gunmen during a blac

The murder of 13-year-old Kaleem "Billy" Danglade of Morvant has moved soca artiste Bunji Garlin to change his music to avoid language with violence.

"We, as artistes, sometimes in our music have a tendency to use rude boy, bad man and gangster songs as an artistic expression but from today I am going to stop.

"This is just a clear picture that killing makes no sense. I am against children being killed and not tolerating it. This youth had a bright future and it was all taken away from him. It is sad," Garlin said in an interview at the funeral service for Kaleem yesterday.

Bunji together with other soca artistes came out to show their sympathy during Kaleem's funeral service at Chinapoo, Morvant.

Road March winner Shurwayne Winchester was also there.

"What can I say in words-this can happen to any one of us or our families. This is a great shock, something that would have an impact on everybody life, it is not a problem that is isolated but needs the support of everyone."

Ataklan, neighbour and friend of Kaleem's family, said: "He was the most positive young guy I knew. Always had a willingness to help anyone.

"Today is all about Billy. He was a bright young man, if you spend five minutes with him you would have seen how industrious and ambitious he was.

"I am broken hearted over the situation, to lose such a good person at an early age, his whole life taken away to soon," he said.

Commenting on the escalating crime situation, Ataklan said: "Like everything else, it needs to be fixed."

Maximus Dan added: "Sad time, a youth life was taken, it could have been anyone of my own family. Kaleem was well known by everybody. He was loved by all and had a bright future in front of him.

"I came here as a person and not as an artiste because I am a human being and I am feeling the pain for these people because I have nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and this could be one of them."

He added when negative things happened artistes were asked questions and they had to defend the country.

"We need to take back our country from negative influences in the country," Maximus Dan stressed.

"I cannot go to every funeral but I will lend support to the families when I can," he added.

Another popular artiste in the music industry, Kees Dieffenthaller, said Trinidad needed to wake up from this situation where an innocent child could be gunned down.

"I am here to give my support to the family and friends of Kaleem," he said.

"People need to open their eyes. We as artistes are going to do what we could and don't let violence and crime destroy our country. We as a people need to realise what is important in our lives-are material things or money so important that we kill innocent people? Dieffenthaller said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Changes Tune.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:50:45 PM »
condolences and i've been talking about the affect of music for a while now.

the song by talpre "the grave, the jail, and the hospital" does make me wanna slap man and thing too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Changes Tune.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:14:21 PM »
big up to bunji... he wicked no rass and i love his music. :beermug:

1]; } ?>