April 29, 2024, 11:40:46 AM

Author Topic: Campaign for better coverage of WCQ  (Read 1212 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Campaign for better coverage of WCQ
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:15:59 PM »
Am I the only one with an issues over the lame media coverage of CONCACAF WCQ coverage.
I thought that  ScoocerCentral " Sportsnet channel in Canada would surely have some highlights and discussion of our pastgame this morning on there weekly soccer coverage.

Why was I surprised to see coverage of  all the EUROPEAN PLAYOFFS? some coverage of Brazil and Uraugray and Argentina and Columbia. By the way those games were not very decisive for the former World Cup Champions. Atre they struggling? Even Spain and Portugal were not overly powerful looking in their games.

Frankly I know about the rights to games andd sponsporship etc... but my take on that is again  one of 'eurocentric' domination to keep pushing a particular game upon us. Does it mean nothing to these T.V producres that there is another markek audience outside of Europeans?

Please join me in my campaign of emails to these stations: THE SCORE; TSN SPORTSNET
should we include  any TNT stations on this?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign for better coverage of WCQ
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 01:30:03 AM »

Wish we all could help each other out on that issue. But as you know the markets are different in the different regions and hence it is doubtfull that they will respend to emails from outside their region.  Anyway good luck.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign for better coverage of WCQ
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 01:44:41 AM »
i wouldnt mind helping you weather its to send emails or whatever what do you have in mind ?

1]; } ?>