March 28, 2024, 04:48:10 PM

Author Topic: James Rodríguez  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
James Rodríguez
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »
What a big player.

I see Colombia only have 2 local base players on they 2014 WC team.

Surprising for a South American team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: James Rodríguez
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »

Why so ?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
why? select the best team whether they play foreign of locally... the local league is good but not on the level as europe, so if they have players there then pull them from there, as long as they can play in the structure and as a team

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
kinda glad these guys now have the world stage to showcase themselves to the world

this is a player i was dying for juve to sign a couple years ago...

there is a reason monaco paid 45mil for him

colombia has a wealth of talent in that team each going for 20/25mil minimum easy

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »

Why so ?

I know how South American think, or use to.

Nothing wrong with that though.

Pick the best players available.

Contro, yuh tongue like toilet paper, yuh wiping my ass all day. Yuh still meh dog though.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:03:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:05 PM »

Why so ?

I know how South American think, or use to.

Nothing wrong with that though.

Pick the best players available.

Contro, yuh tongue like toilet paper, yuh wiping my ass all day. Yuh still meh dog though.

i tort TT was your resident ass wiper? whappen he escape servitude?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
Baller!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Van Gaal I hope u watching
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 06:08:33 PM »
Van Gaal I hope u watching

Yuh mean Real Madrid.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:49 PM »
if madrid didnt want him then they wudnt want him now

he wud cost an absurd amount seeing that monaco paid 40+ million

juve fans were clamoring for him 3yrs ago

he was offered to us for less than 5 mil but a director opposed

porto made a mint

there are others that go unnoticed due to epl centric fans

hell, some ppl NOW beginning to learn about Pirlo

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »
Yuh mean Luis Enrique   ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
...hell, some ppl NOW beginning to learn about Pirlo

Big, big player!  I expect we'll be seeing a lot of Pirlo in Russia in 2018 and again in 2022.

...some dumbass sure to miss it, wait fuh it.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »
Was it my imagination or was he wearing a jersey with Rodriguez in the first half and James in the second half?

Is this allowed?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »
I heard that Arsenal is very interested in him. The ESPN commentator shared this information at the last Colombia game.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
I heard that Arsenal is very interested in him. The ESPN commentator shared this information at the last Colombia game.

But I heard James is very interested in Real Madrid.  ;)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »
And United turned him down for Bebe . Fml
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
The day T&T kept Colombia's star boy off the scoresheet.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

He won the hearts of many for his exhilarating performances at the 2014 World Cup Finals and is certainly going to be among the stars emanating from these finals. But many may not recall that James Rodriguez, scorer of six goals at the 2014 World Cup, has in fact played against Trinidad and Tobago.

On August 28th, 2007 in Cheonan, South Korea, Rodriguez was in the starting line up when both countries met at the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup.

Colombia were 5-0 winners but Rodriguez didn’t find the net and was kept in check by the T&T defence which included present day T&T senior team defenders Sheldon Bateau, Robert Primus and Daneil Cyrus as well as the deceased Akeem Adams and midfielder Marcus Joseph. Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino was a second half substitute on that day.

“Those are experiences that make you. You can look back, reflect and compare everything,” Bateau said.

“You look at him now and he was a star at the World Cup. We as players have to believe that we can compete and do just as well. Now you realize that we were on the same stage at the Under 17 World Cup and reach World Cups is not beyond us but it takes a lot more hard work and effort,”

Molino, set to take the field with Brazilian Kaka in the American MLS next season, says T&T can afford to believe that it can hold its own on a world stage.

“We just played Argentina and okay we lost the game but we can compete. James was on the same level, the same field with us in 2007. That was my first World Cup and it’s the same for him. If we can have the right things in place and our players can get the right support then nothing is beyond us really.

I think we as players have to realize what it takes and believe it’s all possible as well,” Molino said. Current World Cup player Toni Kroos was also in the German squad that defeated T&T 5-0 at that 2007 Under 17 World Cup.

Costa Rica’s World Cup hitman Joel Campbell also played against T&T at the CONCACAF 2009 Under 17 qualifiers, scoring in a 3-0 victory in Mexico.

(Photo shows T&T captain Leston Paul up against James Rodriguez during T&T's match against Colombia at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
The day T&T kept Colombia's star boy off the scoresheet.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

He won the hearts of many for his exhilarating performances at the 2014 World Cup Finals and is certainly going to be among the stars emanating from these finals. But many may not recall that James Rodriguez, scorer of six goals at the 2014 World Cup, has in fact played against Trinidad and Tobago.

On August 28th, 2007 in Cheonan, South Korea, Rodriguez was in the starting line up when both countries met at the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup.

Colombia were 5-0 winners but Rodriguez didn’t find the net and was kept in check by the T&T defence which included present day T&T senior team defenders Sheldon Bateau, Robert Primus and Daneil Cyrus as well as the deceased Akeem Adams and midfielder Marcus Joseph. Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino was a second half substitute on that day.

“Those are experiences that make you. You can look back, reflect and compare everything,” Bateau said.

“You look at him now and he was a star at the World Cup. We as players have to believe that we can compete and do just as well. Now you realize that we were on the same stage at the Under 17 World Cup and reach World Cups is not beyond us but it takes a lot more hard work and effort,”

Molino, set to take the field with Brazilian Kaka in the American MLS next season, says T&T can afford to believe that it can hold its own on a world stage.

“We just played Argentina and okay we lost the game but we can compete. James was on the same level, the same field with us in 2007. That was my first World Cup and it’s the same for him. If we can have the right things in place and our players can get the right support then nothing is beyond us really.

I think we as players have to realize what it takes and believe it’s all possible as well,” Molino said. Current World Cup player Toni Kroos was also in the German squad that defeated T&T 5-0 at that 2007 Under 17 World Cup.

Costa Rica’s World Cup hitman Joel Campbell also played against T&T at the CONCACAF 2009 Under 17 qualifiers, scoring in a 3-0 victory in Mexico.

(Photo shows T&T captain Leston Paul up against James Rodriguez during T&T's match against Colombia at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea).

What are they smoking? They didnt play with nobody. they lost 5-0 both matches lol
Hart for president

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
^^ T&T sports media have no shame. T&T lost that game badly. So what if they kept him off the score sheet?  Some will argue he had a bad game, some will argue he made his impression on the game without scoring, see how the argument can go in different ways? What you cannot argue is T&T failed miserably on the day because that's a fact. Sports journalist making themselves look foolish and naive and not fooling anyone
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:30:01 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 12:05:38 AM »
This article is embarrassing.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 03:33:12 AM »
Stupid article.

But good idea.

Should have been in a different view.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 03:34:54 AM »
Sando, Prince and others,

I glad is not only me who see the silliness of that article.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 03:35:23 AM »
This article is more serious hero worship than Guerra little 'bow down' joke.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 06:56:41 AM »
The idea of the article is good, but to flesh out the relevant issues would take several paragraphs more. If nothing else, the article brings to our attention that a whole lot happens in terms of divergent paths post U-17. And, in truth, how many really recalled James as a U-17?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
The idea of the article is good, but to flesh out the relevant issues would take several paragraphs more. If nothing else, the article brings to our attention that a whole lot happens in terms of divergent paths post U-17. And, in truth, how many really recalled James as a U-17?

If you go back to the 2001 U-17 World Cup that was hosted in T&T, you would see that players like Javier Mascherano, Carlos Tevez, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Torres, and Andrés Iniesta were there. At the 2007 U-17 tournament you had Eden Hazard, Christian Benteke, Rafael, Fabio, Danny Welbeck, Victor Moses, Mamadou Sakho, David De Gea etc.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »

If you go back to the 2001 U-17 World Cup that was hosted in T&T, you would see that players like Javier Mascherano, Carlos Tevez, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Torres, and Andrés Iniesta were there. At the 2007 U-17 tournament you had Eden Hazard, Christian Benteke, Rafael, Fabio, Danny Welbeck, Victor Moses, Mamadou Sakho, David De Gea etc.
and Kroos.
I was reminded of Sukuta-Pasu who was good for Germany back then too, but seems to have dropped off after U-21.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »

and Kroos.
I was reminded of Sukuta-Pasu who was good for Germany back then too, but seems to have dropped off after U-21.

A mere 5 years ago:

Under Horst Hrubesch, six of Germany's potential starters tomorrow won the 2009 UEFA U-21 title. Unprecedented for Germany. Dejagah, now of Iran, was also on that squad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:57 AM »
Reports indicate James' acquisition has led to Real selling 345,000 of his replica shirts in 48 hours. It seems that he's proving to be money in the bank without having kicked a ball.

1]; } ?>