April 19, 2024, 02:51:33 PM

Author Topic: FIFA proposes to move WC 2022 to Canada and US...  (Read 8156 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA proposes to move WC 2022 to Canada and US...
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
Sadly no figures - Deloitte might have published them in the past, but in some £100 report no doubt

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
explain 'most successful'.. please.

Attendance and money made.

large stadiums and cheaper tickets? Can you find a source to say the profit loss of the 1994 WC?
there is this lil ting on the interwebs called google..if you type stuff in yuh should get answers..

in other words you CANNOT back up your statement! I guess it may have been a personal opinion of yours then? Like much of what is found on the little thing called google?
Because your ass too lazy to do proper research doesn't make it false...

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »
Uh, we qualified through very hard work. I would say well done Canada if they qualified through the same route. For now I don't think they deserve any automatic spots. Have they ever even made the hex.

Canada made it to the world cup in Mexico in 1986....that was their first and only WC appearance to date.

It was an honest to god genuine question. Can't remember ever seeing them. I'm not old enough to remember 86. I was 1.

Just looked back on wiki and I see they made in  1998. And I guess it was a square in 1994. Too bad they aren't good now. But I do think a team should have some merit to play in the world cup or else they will just get run over.

And you don't think the hosting nations should get the chance to play in front of their home crowds?

They should but I don't see any reason for Canada to get a free ticket to the world cup. It's not even like South Africa where the team is alright and can hold their own. If there were even in the top 90 I'd feel better about it. If they go there and end up with a GD of -12 that won't look good for CONCACAF.

I'm pretty sure America with all their huge stadiums can manage on their own. And they have the logistics.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 03:39:36 AM »
Uh, we qualified through very hard work. I would say well done Canada if they qualified through the same route. For now I don't think they deserve any automatic spots. Have they ever even made the hex.

Canada made it to the world cup in Mexico in 1986....that was their first and only WC appearance to date.

It was an honest to god genuine question. Can't remember ever seeing them. I'm not old enough to remember 86. I was 1.

Just looked back on wiki and I see they made in  1998. And I guess it was a square in 1994. Too bad they aren't good now. But I do think a team should have some merit to play in the world cup or else they will just get run over.

And you don't think the hosting nations should get the chance to play in front of their home crowds?

They should but I don't see any reason for Canada to get a free ticket to the world cup. It's not even like South Africa where the team is alright and can hold their own. If there were even in the top 90 I'd feel better about it. If they go there and end up with a GD of -12 that won't look good for CONCACAF.

I'm pretty sure America with all their huge stadiums can manage on their own. And they have the logistics.

I think maybe we differ too much on this point - I don't think hosting should be contingent on the quality of their national team, it should try to encourage football development and give the spectacle to populations who'd love the opportunity and have the infrastructure to support it. Your point is roughly along the lines of wishing maybe for quality to be the major concern and all others minor? Whilst I'm more along the lines of having a representative World Cup being just as important, as I see it as important socially and culturally as it is sportingly.

But your point about SA I don't agree with - SA have a record not much better than Canada - often the worst or one of the worst teams there. They've qualified for two and automatically played in one, so played 9 games, all group stages, and only won 2 games. Canada are worse, but lets not pretend South Africa benefited from hosting -they finished behind Ethiopia in their qualification group for 2014.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
I don't think Canada is just there yet..I give them another 4-8 years let's see how well there national youth teams do but in terms of players development the have the best long term athletic development (LTAD) in place right now and the model is currently being infused in ussoccer and most clubs are being encouraged to follow that plan.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »
Look, I eh into who better or prettier kind of thing. But for a socalled non football nation, the US did pretty good. I went to games and I saw all that I wanted to see on TV. That was cool enough for me. I had to go to wuk after games. But to me the vibes was like how WC should be. Fans all over place. Some crazy but not obnoxious. Some of them lost and asking for directions.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
explain 'most successful'.. please.

Attendance and money made.

large stadiums and cheaper tickets? Can you find a source to say the profit loss of the 1994 WC?
there is this lil ting on the interwebs called google..if you type stuff in yuh should get answers..

in other words you CANNOT back up your statement! I guess it may have been a personal opinion of yours then? Like much of what is found on the little thing called google?
Because your ass too lazy to do proper research doesn't make it false...

:rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »
yuh find it yet?????
look a lil reminder here.... http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-19/sports/sp-52028_1_world-cup
of course it doesn't include what mafiFa made through advertising and television rights but when you look read you'll understand the genesis of the current olympic and wc format.
need any more help padnah??

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »
yuh find it yet?????
look a lil reminder here.... http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-19/sports/sp-52028_1_world-cup
of course it doesn't include what mafiFa made through advertising and television rights but when you look read you'll understand the genesis of the current olympic and wc format.
need any more help padnah??

thank you (the name calling wasn't necessary). check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_the_FIFA_World_Cup read the 5th edit under the North America section (somewhat interesting). The economic impact of Germany 2006 was incredible.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »
yuh it was necessary ..you couldn't do that all de damn time?????

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »
yuh it was necessary ..you couldn't do that all de damn time?????

hopefully it made you feel more of a man.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
What is the big deal about who make more or who make less. The WC in the US was a positive move. For FIFA, they were back in the black. It was great for Concacaf. The only downside was the the monster it created in Jack.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »
Does the economic benefit apply to anybody else but FIFA?

From what I gather the lion's share of the money going to FIFA from this one...and it cant be taxed.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »
FIFA makes lots of money. I have heard that the poorer countries that qualify get a portion of the money for preparation. I don't know how true.

1]; } ?>