March 28, 2024, 02:49:27 AM

Author Topic: This is what happens when you have greedy players.  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you have greedy players.
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »
Ghana's John Boye pictured kissing his share of $3 million cash bonus
By Ryan Bailey
Dirty Tackle

Normally it's France's responsibility to go into crisis mode at a World Cup tournament, but in 2014, the baton appears to have been handed over to Ghana.

On Wednesday — a day before Kevin Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari were sent home in disgrace — Ghana's president John Dramani Mahama had $3 million in cash flown by chartered jet to the Black Stars in Brazil to settle a dispute over appearance fees and bonuses.

This money would normally be paid to players by FIFA at the conclusion of the tournament, but according to the AP, the players simply demanded it earlier.

Incredibly, the chartered jet full of cash was not hijacked by Bane while in transit to Brazil, and it survived a convoy through the roads of Brasilia that looked like something from a Michael Mann movie:

The money reached Ghana's players at their hotel on Wednesday evening, where up to $100,000 was distributed to each player. According to Globo, some players shoved wads the cash in their pockets, while others "wrapped it up in clothing."

When John Boye received his $100,000 stack, the Rennes midfielder was pictured kissing it. Which tells you absolutely everything you need to know about modern football.

Western readers may wonder why the players were not paid by bank transfer, but Globo note that cash payment is very common in Ghana. In fact, some of the players do not even have bank accounts in the country.

When The Guardian asked the players where they would keep their cash windfall in the short term, Christian Atsu responded:

"That’s a difficult question for me. Of course we will keep it in our bags. We just lock them."

Apparently, telling the world that there is thousands of dollars in a bag in your hotel room while you are out playing a game against Portugal is a solid idea. Getting that bag through customs will also be a lot of fun...

Now Ghana is eliminated, what now?

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is what happens when you have greedy players.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »
Steven Gerrard says money hurts England World Cup chances.
AFP

Football's huge riches are diminishing some players' desire to perform for England, captain Steven Gerrard said as the country licks its wounds over its early World Cup exit.
Gerrard said the speed at which football turns teenagers into millionaires "has an impact on certain individuals".
"For those who want money, fame and everything that comes with football, of course it will have an effect," he told the BBC in an interview ahead of England's 0-0 draw in their final World Cup group game against Costa Rica on Tuesday.
"If you have the right mentality and the right character, you do things right and work as hard as you can to become the best player you can, but we need more of those players."

A recent report by consultancy Deloitte said that the average English Premier League player now earns £1.6 million ($2.92 million) a year and that wages would rise as the league's value grows.
Wages account for more than 70 per cent of the estimated £3.2 billion ($5.84 billion) revenues of top English clubs in 2013-14 - the highest figure in Europe, said Deloitte.
England's young stars are rarely off the tabloid front pages. Eighteen-year-old left-back Luke Shaw featured in The Sun on Sunday over sexual antics with a Playboy model.
Amid the recriminations over England's disastrous performance in Brazil, Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp said this week some young players at Tottenham Hotspur had asked him to help avoid England duty when he was manager there.
"When I was at Tottenham, when full internationals came around, there were two or three players who did not want to play for England," the QPR boss said.
"They would come to me 10 days before the game and say, 'Gaffer, get me out of that game, I don't want to play in that game'," he added.
Redknapp has since rebuffed calls from Gerrard to name the players concerned.
"Every Premier League manager past and present knows what I'm talking about," he said. "Sadly this attitude is not unusual these days."
Gerrard insisted in his interview that despite England's worst performance at a World Cup finals since 1958, the 23 players in the squad had the necessary "hunger and desire" to succeed.
"Sitting here now, we are not in a position of strength. The England manager and players need some help because this pool of players we pick from can't get any smaller and if anything it's got to grow.
"We have to get the balance right of still having the best league in the world but expanding the pool of players for this England manager and the England managers in the future."

AFP

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
i was talking to a proud Ghanaian today and he told me that the man who was kissing the money is the man who score the own goal...hm, his mind musbe was on what he was going and spend it on...smh

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
Hmmm...ah wonder what does happen when yuh have greedy administrators/executives?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
Hmmm...ah wonder what does happen when yuh have greedy administrators/executives?

U get Trinidad
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
it is a case of both in trinidad...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 07:26:49 PM »
Ghana's John Boye pictured kissing his share of $3 million cash bonus
By Ryan Bailey
Dirty Tackle

Normally it's France's responsibility to go into crisis mode at a World Cup tournament, but in 2014, the baton appears to have been handed over to Ghana.

On Wednesday — a day before Kevin Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari were sent home in disgrace — Ghana's president John Dramani Mahama had $3 million in cash flown by chartered jet to the Black Stars in Brazil to settle a dispute over appearance fees and bonuses.

This money would normally be paid to players by FIFA at the conclusion of the tournament, but according to the AP, the players simply demanded it earlier.

Incredibly, the chartered jet full of cash was not hijacked by Bane while in transit to Brazil, and it survived a convoy through the roads of Brasilia that looked like something from a Michael Mann movie:

The money reached Ghana's players at their hotel on Wednesday evening, where up to $100,000 was distributed to each player. According to Globo, some players shoved wads the cash in their pockets, while others "wrapped it up in clothing."

When John Boye received his $100,000 stack, the Rennes midfielder was pictured kissing it. Which tells you absolutely everything you need to know about modern football.

Western readers may wonder why the players were not paid by bank transfer, but Globo note that cash payment is very common in Ghana. In fact, some of the players do not even have bank accounts in the country.

When The Guardian asked the players where they would keep their cash windfall in the short term, Christian Atsu responded:

"That’s a difficult question for me. Of course we will keep it in our bags. We just lock them."

Apparently, telling the world that there is thousands of dollars in a bag in your hotel room while you are out playing a game against Portugal is a solid idea. Getting that bag through customs will also be a lot of fun...

Now Ghana is eliminated, what now?

why didn't the ttff get quality matches and training time for our team?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 08:08:26 PM »
it's unbelievable that some of these guys don't have bank accounts...smh
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:  not surprised

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »
So ah man get money and that is the reason he score ah own goal? It's funny that such stereotypical notion persevere. Match fixing? Them African. Over age players? Them African. Lost ah game last minute? Them African.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
But wait, Ghana team staying in the favelas? That look like some lil shack the man in.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 05:26:13 AM »

they wanted their money cold hard cash as they accostumed to the ghana football federation putting dem on shit with wire transfers..has happened before

their federations have a history of witholding their appearance fees and (spend it out) from them which is why cameroon, nigeria and ghana went this route..and wanted their money upfront or else...

its not greed its wanting what is due to them when the administrators have a history of 'bein on shit'

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
Horner, you should know. The question you should ask. What happens when you have vindictive and greedy admin.(you know who)?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
It so unusual to see Jack Horner siding with tiefing officials.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
Yea my initial reaction was much what the article was cultivating, but as Mukum said, imagine if it's the first cash you've had without having to fight some a-hole to get what you have a right to. Don't know enough about this, but doesn't help the stereotypes :(

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »
Why does it look like a prison where he's staying?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 06:05:16 PM »
Despite the reasons for demanding the money before-hand...it still came off as very crass, especially when we have the story of the Greece team who asked that declined their bonuses and want them to go towards building a new training facility.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 07:17:20 PM »
Despite the reasons for demanding the money before-hand...it still came off as very crass, especially when we have the story of the Greece team who asked that declined their bonuses and want them to go towards building a new training facility.

greece doh go through d kinda stress dem africans go through...african officials are notoriously corrupt

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »
Unbelievable Story: K.P. Boateng narrates the whole World Cup ordeal

Kevin Prince Boateng has ripped into the entire Black Stars World Cup campaign in Brazil.

The Schalke man minces no words as he speaks to the big German media house, Bild.

Of interest is his flat denial of insulting Kwesi Appiah, the coach.

“I am very, very disappointed. It just wasn’t a good time. The nightmare lasted from the first day of the preparations until the very end,” he begins.

“I would never have thought that the preparations and the World Cup itself could be so badly organized. The hotels, the flights – everything was amateurish.”

“Our president [GFA president], his wife and his two kids sat in business class on the same flight. In Brazil we finally got a chartered flight. But then the officials managed to lose my luggage somehow. I didn’t have my football boots for some days, no tapes, nothing. It was disastrous.”

“We flew from our first training camp in Amsterdam to Miami. But we flew in two groups, because apparently there wasn’t enough space for all of us. One group went via Atlanta, the other one via New York. We sat at the airport for nine hours and the whole trip was 19 hours. And…”

“The flight from Miami to Brazil a week later was 12 hours. We flew economy class, all cramped. The legs hurt. It may sound weird for normal people, but for professional sportsmen it’s an impertinence.”

“Our president [GFA president], his wife and his two kids sat in business class on the same flight. In Brazil we finally got a chartered flight. But then the officials managed to lose my luggage somehow. I didn’t have my football boots for some days, no tapes, nothing. It was disastrous.”

“The only hotel were we could really prepare in was the one in Miami. We moved in there after we complained because the players didn’t want to stay at the other one.”

“Before the first WC game against USA we slept at a hotel, I call it a fleabag, which was definitely not recommended by FIFA. There was a severe water damage, the rooms were wet. I had to change rooms, my room had turned into a private swimming-pool because of the water dripping from the ceiling. ”

Boateng says his complaint after the USA game that he did not start was because Kwesi Appiah had made him believe he will be pivotal in the setup.

“Very surprised. It was him who kept talking about me as the leader and who had declared his confidence in me. I have never had a problem with him and I have always behaved positively. But if somebody asked me whether he is a good coach… No.

“No. But I respect him as a person, like I respect everyone. I have always accepted and respected all decision that he made. I’m just wondering why he begged me to play for Ghana when I was still at AC Milan.”

“Then I make a comeback and suddenly I’m not playing anymore. The president was at one of these talks as well. He gave me his word that we were going to have better travel, better organization and better preparation. He didn’t keep the promise. In the end I was just dissatisfied.”

Bonuses – Kevin’s take

“No. That has become part of it and it’s nearly normal. That was the smallest problem. But everything kept stacking up over the whole month. It was catastrophic. The practice conditions, sleeping conditions, everything. I just wonder where all the money goes.”

“The GFA makes so much money from sponsors, through FIFA. And it’s certainly not spent on hotels, flights, the squad and the preparations. ”

Team spirit – Kevin’s take

“No. It wasn’t a real team. Everyone was occupied with himself, everyone was talking bad about each other. There were two or three players who were happy about Sulley Muntari’s and my suspension.

“And those players exactly had told me that I was right about everything. Everyone knows that I have never insulted the coach. But they spoke against Sulley and me in front of him.”

“But still, the GFA released a statement saying that you have insulted the coach. People started saying that ‘Boateng couldn’t control himself once again.’”

“I don’t care about that at all. I’m very relaxed because I know for a fact that I have not done anything like that.”

“No human being is perfect. But again: No. I have just stated my opinion. There was no player who was happy. We had a perceived 100 meetings with the delegation. We told them that there are countless things that need to be changed. That’s why I’m an easy prey.”

“Lies”

Kevin-Prince speaks about the constant half-truths that permeate the Ghana team setup.

“Because I said to their faces that they are liars who permanently make promises that they never keep. We were lied to constantly.

“Like I have said before: Sulley and I were joking around at practice. The coach stopped, we said everything was OK. Suddenly I had to go to the locker room. Later I asked the coach whether he had something against me.

“He shouted at me and insulted me, for example by saying “f**k off”. Due to the rush there was a mix-up with dates. The incident happened four days before my suspension.”

“If I had insulted the coach back then, why was I suspended much later on Thursday?”

“On Wednesday there was another meeting with the delegation. That’s when I told the officials that they were lying to us, that they were making hollow promises.

“Four days after the incident at practice and a day after the meeting I found a white piece of paper under my door, saying I was suspended. I think everyone knows the reason. The president just turned the tables.”

“There’s no need to. They have basically thrown me out. I love the country and the people. But under circumstances like this it’s hard for any sportsman to carry on. I will go on holidays right now and I’ll return to Schalke with full force in mid-July. I’ll take it from there. ”

The GFA are expected to respond soon.

http://233times.com/2014/06/unbelievable-story-k-p-boateng-narrates-the-whole-world-cup-ordeal/
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
Unbelievable Story: K.P. Boateng narrates the whole World Cup ordeal

Kevin Prince Boateng has ripped into the entire Black Stars World Cup campaign in Brazil.

The Schalke man minces no words as he speaks to the big German media house, Bild.

Of interest is his flat denial of insulting Kwesi Appiah, the coach.

“I am very, very disappointed. It just wasn’t a good time. The nightmare lasted from the first day of the preparations until the very end,” he begins.

“I would never have thought that the preparations and the World Cup itself could be so badly organized. The hotels, the flights – everything was amateurish.”

“We flew from our first training camp in Amsterdam to Miami. But we flew in two groups, because apparently there wasn’t enough space for all of us. One group went via Atlanta, the other one via New York. We sat at the airport for nine hours and the whole trip was 19 hours. And…”

“The flight from Miami to Brazil a week later was 12 hours. We flew economy class, all cramped. The legs hurt. It may sound weird for normal people, but for professional sportsmen it’s an impertinence.”

“The only hotel were we could really prepare in was the one in Miami. We moved in there after we complained because the players didn’t want to stay at the other one.”

“Before the first WC game against USA we slept at a hotel, I call it a fleabag, which was definitely not recommended by FIFA. There was a severe water damage, the rooms were wet. I had to change rooms, my room had turned into a private swimming-pool because of the water dripping from the ceiling. ”

Boateng says his complaint after the USA game that he did not start was because Kwesi Appiah had made him believe he will be pivotal in the setup.

“Very surprised. It was him who kept talking about me as the leader and who had declared his confidence in me. I have never had a problem with him and I have always behaved positively. But if somebody asked me whether he is a good coach… No.

“No. But I respect him as a person, like I respect everyone. I have always accepted and respected all decision that he made. I’m just wondering why he begged me to play for Ghana when I was still at AC Milan.”

“Then I make a comeback and suddenly I’m not playing anymore. The president was at one of these talks as well. He gave me his word that we were going to have better travel, better organization and better preparation. He didn’t keep the promise. In the end I was just dissatisfied.”

Bonuses – Kevin’s take

“No. That has become part of it and it’s nearly normal. That was the smallest problem. But everything kept stacking up over the whole month. It was catastrophic. The practice conditions, sleeping conditions, everything. I just wonder where all the money goes.”

“The GFA makes so much money from sponsors, through FIFA. And it’s certainly not spent on hotels, flights, the squad and the preparations. ”

Team spirit – Kevin’s take

“No. It wasn’t a real team. Everyone was occupied with himself, everyone was talking bad about each other. There were two or three players who were happy about Sulley Muntari’s and my suspension.

“And those players exactly had told me that I was right about everything. Everyone knows that I have never insulted the coach. But they spoke against Sulley and me in front of him.”

“But still, the GFA released a statement saying that you have insulted the coach. People started saying that ‘Boateng couldn’t control himself once again.’”

“I don’t care about that at all. I’m very relaxed because I know for a fact that I have not done anything like that.”

“No human being is perfect. But again: No. I have just stated my opinion. There was no player who was happy. We had a perceived 100 meetings with the delegation. We told them that there are countless things that need to be changed. That’s why I’m an easy prey.”

“Lies”

Kevin-Prince speaks about the constant half-truths that permeate the Ghana team setup.

“Because I said to their faces that they are liars who permanently make promises that they never keep. We were lied to constantly.

“Like I have said before: Sulley and I were joking around at practice. The coach stopped, we said everything was OK. Suddenly I had to go to the locker room. Later I asked the coach whether he had something against me.

“He shouted at me and insulted me, for example by saying “f**k off”. Due to the rush there was a mix-up with dates. The incident happened four days before my suspension.”

“If I had insulted the coach back then, why was I suspended much later on Thursday?”

“On Wednesday there was another meeting with the delegation. That’s when I told the officials that they were lying to us, that they were making hollow promises.

“Four days after the incident at practice and a day after the meeting I found a white piece of paper under my door, saying I was suspended. I think everyone knows the reason. The president just turned the tables.”

“There’s no need to. They have basically thrown me out. I love the country and the people. But under circumstances like this it’s hard for any sportsman to carry on. I will go on holidays right now and I’ll return to Schalke with full force in mid-July. I’ll take it from there. ”

The GFA are expected to respond soon.

http://233times.com/2014/06/unbelievable-story-k-p-boateng-narrates-the-whole-world-cup-ordeal/

wow... ttfa following in their footsteps

ghana is my team in africa and i was wondering why the hell they were playing so terribly... the kind of drama they went thru, i can't blame them.. the players deserve better treatment overall, they are a world cup team..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:50:14 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

bounce check and wire fraud... why would the players allow themselves to go thru that nonsense went it probably happened before..

take the money, declare it...

Offline alb

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
This probably explains that elbowing incident.

Cameroon FA brands 'seven bad apples' amid match-fixing probe

THE spectre of match-fixing has hit Brazil's fabulous World Cup after claims that seven members of the Cameroon team have been involved in rigging games.

By: John DillonPublished: Wed, July 2, 2014

Alex Song was sent off in Cameroon's World Cup clash with Croatia[GETTY]

A convicted Singaporean betting fraudster is said to have correctly predicted to a German magazine that Cameroon would lose 4-0 to Croatia here - and have a player sent off in the first half.

This is exactly what happened, with Barcelona's former Arsenal midfielder Alex Song dismissed for elbowing Mario Mandzukic before half-time.

Cameroon lost all three of their group matches in Brazil and there was also an incident in which Benoit Assou-Ekotto of Spurs appeared to make an attempt to head-butt team-mate Benjamin Moukandjo.

The con-man, Wilson Raj Perumal, made his allegations to Germany's Der Spiegel news magazine and made a comment about there being "seven bad apples," in the squad.

In a statement, the Cameroon FA said: "Recent allegations of fraud around Cameroon's three 2014 FIFA World Cup preliminary games, especially Cameroon v Croatia, as well as the 'existence of seven bad apples [in our national team]' do not reflect the values and principles promoted by our administration in line with the FIFA Code of Conduct and the ethics of our nation."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/486088/Cameroon-FA-brands-seven-bad-apples-amid-match-fixing-probe

1]; } ?>