April 25, 2024, 05:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge defender, Gavin Hoyte, called up by Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dagenham & Redbridge defender, Gavin Hoyte, called up by Trinidad & Tobago
Collin Munford (Barking and Dagenham Post)

Dagenham & Redbridge right back Gavin Hoyte could be coming up against the likes of Lionel Messi over the summer having been called up to a training camp for his country Trinidad & Tobago.

The 23-year-old, out of contract with the Daggers in the summer, opted to join brother and former Arsenal man Justin in playing for the country, despite having played at youth international level for England.

He missed just three games this season with the club, a result of a sending off against Southend United in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

But other than that it’s been a consistent season for the right back and he’s delighted to have the opportunity to rub shoulders with the one of the greatest players in the world.

Hoyte will spend two weeks training with the rest of the Trinidad & Tobago squad next month, before they play two international friendlies against Argentina in Buenos Aires and Iran.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to play for my country. I found out when the team’s Head Coach called me to tell me. I was in shock and very surprised and I can’t wait to go,” said Hoyte.

“It shows the effort I have put this season and I’ve played nearly every match, which was main objective this season. To be recognised for that is a great achievement.”

Daggers manager, Wayne Burnett said: “I’m very pleased for Hoyte, it just shows how good he has been this season. It’s an honour to be called up for your country.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Camp will be good to see if he's up to snuff, but I doubt he's going to seriously threaten Gonzales, Bateau or Cyrus if he's playing at Dagenham. Judgemental of me sure, but I've seen them play lol (maybe it's Charlton bitterness :p)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It was only a matter of time tbh

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Right back is becoming a spot of depth. Both Hoyte brothers plus I still believe that RB is Cyrus best position. But I agree with Tiresais while  I think he's probably better than a league 2 player hes still third choice right now.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Camp will be good to see if he's up to snuff, but I doubt he's going to seriously threaten Gonzales, Bateau or Cyrus if he's playing at Dagenham. Judgemental of me sure, but I've seen them play lol (maybe it's Charlton bitterness :p)

I am sure Gavin can play championship level ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I wonder who else get the call. SH come and give we the scoop nah man
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ah hear only one new player get called, de rest is de same ole.

Jlloyd get call to but can't make it.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This very attractive tour is when you start contacting those (foreign-born players who are on the bubble, and capping them Haha cant think of any right now but there used to be a few! (See Bobby Zamora, Hoyte, Samuel pre-2010 as examples of players to target...the dual-citizenship player).

Also, these friendlies offer me hope that the new TTFA has somewhat of a clue.

Nick De Leon, John Bostock, Sheanon Williams, Daniel Carr, Kamani Hill, Gavin Hoyte, Hallam Hope among others.

Well at least one down….
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If you look at the case with Birchall, sometimes you only see a players potential when he plays with decent players. He must have shown something for Arsenal to keep him. OK, so he wasn't ready for the EPL, but he may be a decent championship player? This may be his opportunity to jump two divisions and land a good contract.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
he can add dept to the backline... which is great for us and also rare for TT... I haven't seen him play, so I can't say how good he is, we will see in a months time

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah hear only one new player get called, de rest is de same ole.

Jlloyd get call to but can't make it.

who else has the ttff approached? there must be others .. they so secretive
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>