March 28, 2024, 04:10:49 AM

Author Topic: WoLF All-Stars gets Venezuelan test.  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WoLF All-Stars gets Venezuelan test.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:56 AM »
I sit down in the stadium with my family. Decide to update the board on the game. I spend my MC money to watch. Use my gas to go quite friggin ato on a Sunday. And you vex I say Trinidad. Hull yuh bloodclat nah Dan.

Don't take it too harshly - if everyone referred to the country as Tobago it might grate after a couple decades too :)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
I sit down in the stadium with my family. Decide to update the board on the game. I spend my MC money to watch. Use my gas to go quite friggin ato on a Sunday. And you vex I say Trinidad. Hull yuh bloodclat nah Dan.

Thanks for the updates boss! Women's teams seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to media coverage....I appreciate the effort  :beermug:.

Yes, the WOMEN have always been on the short end of the stick in all sport when it come to media coverage.  But wet tee shirt competition? Front friggin page.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

Don't take it too harshly - if everyone referred to the country as Tobago it might grate after a couple decades too :)

I take it very harshly. In fact, I think it's an insult to every trinbagonian around. I've represented T&T since my Under 14 days (1990) all the way to senior level and I cannot understand for the love of me why we can't be proud of our own country to actually say it the right way. Morvant or anyone else can go spend their own money to take anyone out and cuss me whichever way they want. The fact of the matter is simple. When it comes to Trinidad AND Tobago we aren't proud enough to force the rest of the world to take notice that we are a twin-island republic.

And no amount of bloodclat (Jamaican word at it's best or worst) will get me to say otherwise.

Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »

I take it very harshly. In fact, I think it's an insult to every trinbagonian around. I've represented T&T since my Under 14 days (1990) all the way to senior level and I cannot understand for the love of me why we can't be proud of our own country to actually say it the right way. Morvant or anyone else can go spend their own money to take anyone out and cuss me whichever way they want. The fact of the matter is simple. When it comes to Trinidad AND Tobago we aren't proud enough to force the rest of the world to take notice that we are a twin-island republic.

And no amount of bloodclat (Jamaican word at it's best or worst) will get me to say otherwise.

Richard G.

Yea I don't find the insult bloodclat particularly funny or intelligent - you had best be more civil, especially given I'm on your side.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 02:02:25 AM »
T&T hammer young Venezuelans.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Speedy Tobago striker Kennya “Ya Ya” Cordner netted a hat-trick as a well-supported Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National team scored a comprehensive 5-0 victory on Sunday night over a very young Venezuelan team, containing seven players from their Under-17 women’s national team, which finished fourth at the 2014 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica.

And the senior Soca Princesses will look to sweep the two-match series tonight with another victory over the “Violas”, when the teams meet a second time from 6.30(p.m.) at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. The match is the second of a double-header which sees the national women’s Under-15 team meeting Defence Force two hours earlier.

Apart from 21-year-old goalie Maleika Pacheco and 20 year-old defender Soleidys Rengal, the Venezuelans were a young bunch, containing 15 year-old emerging star Deyna Castellano and her strike partner Gabriella Garcia, who both shared the golden boot with six goals apiece at the junior World Cup earlier this year.

The young Venezuelans began their four-match tour with a 7-0 win over a Women League Football WOLF) All-Star X1 on Friday night, but were no match for the senior T&T women, who dominated midfield through veteran playmaker Tasha St Louis. Local coach Jason Spence (St Ann’s Rangers) was temporarily in charge of the “Soca Princesses”, and chose a mixed squad containing experienced senior internationals St Louis, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Reya Belgrave, Afiyah Mathias, Ayanna Russell and Canada-based defender Arin King, as well as seven national Under-20 footballers.

Cordner opened the scoring in the 11th minute of the first half when she cut inside on the left and beat Venezuelan keeper Maleika Alvarez. National Under-20 right- winger Shennel Henry then set up second half goals for striker Joe Marie Lewis and Cordner, while playmaker St Louis converted a penalty after Cordner was axed in the penalty area by 15 year-old defender Nicol Alarcon. Cordner left the best for last, when she cut inside from the flank and sent the ball over substitute goalkeeper Migdiel Gutierrez.

Cordner’s pace proved a nightmare for the Violas. But she was wasteful.

Three times in the first half alone, Cordner went past the defenders without scoring. First, the ball rebounded off her heel after she rounded starting goalie Pacheco. A heavy push to goal also allowed the keeper to block another shot; before finally, fleet-footed Cordner turned St Louis’ “gorgeous” through ball wide on the stroke of halftime.

Twice, early in the second half, Henry  played square passes for strikers Jo Marie Lewis and Cordner to net as the score  swelled to 3-0. Young star Castellano had a rare shot on goal for Venezuela in the 62nd minute, but T&T Under-20 custodian Tenesha Palmer, a substitute for Kerry Myers, had it well covered with a low dive.

Immediately, Cordner launched upfield, where her speed was too much for 15-year-old defender Alarcon, who cut her down for a penalty, which St Louis converted. Cordner added the final goal, although T&T missed a few more in between.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »

Speedy Tobago striker Kennya “Ya Ya” Cordner netted a hat-trick as a well-supported Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National team scored a comprehensive 5-0 victory on Sunday night over a very young Venezuelan team, containing seven players from their Under-17 women’s national team, which finished fourth at the 2014 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica.

And the senior Soca Princesses will look to sweep the two-match series tonight with another victory over the “Violas”, when the teams meet a second time from 6.30(p.m.) at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. The match is the second of a double-header which sees the national women’s Under-15 team meeting Defence Force two hours earlier.

Apart from 21-year-old goalie Maleika Pacheco and 20 year-old defender Soleidys Rengal, the Venezuelans were a young bunch, containing 15 year-old emerging star Deyna Castellano and her strike partner Gabriella Garcia, who both shared the golden boot with six goals apiece at the junior World Cup earlier this year.

So what is the excuse now amielisadore? Look the news buss that the Venezuelan team young just like the WoLF team.

We have to get over the excuse making is we are to move forward.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »

So what is the excuse now amielisadore? Look the news buss that the Venezuelan team young just like the WoLF team.

Elan, the key phrase from Amielisadore was The other girls may have played in qualifiers but are still very raw. Some individuals are quite promising but collectively there is work to be done. while the key phrases in the Express report were containing seven players from their Under-17 women’s national team, which finished fourth at the 2014 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica. and containing 15 year-old emerging star Deyna Castellano and her strike partner Gabriella Garcia, who both shared the golden boot with six goals apiece at the junior World Cup earlier this year.

These statements tell me that while T&T may have the potential to overcome this Venezuelan team, we are years behind their developmental programme. Our girls clearly need more games together at U15,U17 and U20 levels. This Venezuelan tour is to give experience to their younger girls before they move up as members of the competitive national team.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »

Elan, the key phrase from Amielisadore was The other girls may have played in qualifiers but are still very raw. Some individuals are quite promising but collectively there is work to be done. while the key phrases in the Express report were containing seven players from their Under-17 women’s national team, which finished fourth at the 2014 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica. and containing 15 year-old emerging star Deyna Castellano and her strike partner Gabriella Garcia, who both shared the golden boot with six goals apiece at the junior World Cup earlier this year.

These statements tell me that while T&T may have the potential to overcome this Venezuelan team, we are years behind their developmental programme. Our girls clearly need more games together at U15,U17 and U20 levels. This Venezuelan tour is to give experience to their younger girls before they move up as members of the competitive national team.

And again I will say those are excuses. Everyone needs to step up and be counted. The, we young and inexperience have been rolled out for far to long. There cannot be understanding and acceptance in a time when responsibility and  accountability is necessary.

So this tour is to give experience, the CFU and the CONCACAF is to give experience, so when will experience be gained. Only at the WNT level. Not good enough.

Again I say that playing on the NT should be a privilege, one that should not be given willy nilly, but to those that show that they are willing to do what is necessary to play at the next level. Our players are good very good, but there is a reason why none has played at the "full professional" level anywhere in the world. We lack the desire, the responsibility, the drive, the accountability to put in that extra work to make that next level (it's the same thing for the men - Vietnam?).

At some point we have to face the music, we can't keep burying our head and sliding excuses. Hey that's just me, could be wrong.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »
so we drop 5 on Venezuela and dey come back and give we 2 tonight? we play a different team or what?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:26 PM »
so we drop 5 on Venezuela and dey come back and give we 2 tonight? we play a different team or what?

Doh talk that nah.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
TTFA
Venezuela finished 2-0 winners over Trinidad and Tobago in the second of two friendlies at the Ato Boldon Stadium tonight. T&T won the first game 5-0 on Sunday. T&T will journey to Houston for a training camp next week ahead of the Caribbean Football Union final round of 2015 World Cup Qualification.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
No report?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:12 AM »
Venezuela beat T&T 2-0

Venezuela got exactly what they wanted from a two-match international friendly series against Trinidad and Tobago; an opening match to give their younger, upcoming players experience, before adjusting, strengthening up and levelling the series at 1-1.

On Tuesday night, the Soca Princesses conceded two “soft” goals on the way to losing 2-0 at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Missing a few key players, T&T did not look as effective as on Sunday when winning the first match by a 5-0 margin.

The “Violas” got an early 36th minute lead through 17-year-old striker Gabriel Garcia, when T&T goalie Kimika Forbes dived over a bouncing ball, when the striker volleyed to goal after chesting a cross-ball.

Garcia had also scored four goals in Venezuela’s opening 9-0 victory over a local All-Star team on Friday, and was also joint Golden Boot winner at the 2014 FIFA Under-17 women’s World Cup with six goals.

Carla Carvahlo, who did not start in the first match, then gave the Venezuela women a second goal four minutes into injury time, to seal victory. Carvahlo beat goalie Forbes to a rebound, following a 35 metre free-kick, which struck the crossbar and the keeper, before rebounding into play.

The Venezuelans are preparing for the Ecuador Copa South America in September, a qualifier which offers two automatic World Cup spots to the 2015 Canada FIFA Women’s World Cup and a third playoff spot against a team from the CONCACAF Zone in which Trinidad and Tobago compete.

The Venezuelans four matches while in Trinidad and Tobago, twice against the national team and twice against a Women’s League Football (WOLF) All Star team.

On Saturday, theVenezuelans were also treated to a reception by Ambassador Coromoto Godoy at the Venezuelan Embassy.

Stand-in T&T coach Jason Spence felt the difference between Tuesday and Sunday’s 5-0 win over the Venezuelans, was a lack of fitness by the local team who had not played an international match in 18 months.

In contrast, Venezuela played the same bunch that had been involved in South American Under-20 qualifying in January and the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in March, where they finished fourth after losing a penalty shootout to Italy and becoming the first South American team to reach the semis. The core will also form the Venezuelan national women’s team for upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

“Clearly what showed up in our second game was our lack of fitness,” stated St Ann’s Rangers coach Spence , who was in charge for the two matches.

“Coming out of the fitness issues was some injuries. That is why you didn’t see captain Maylee Attin Johnson. You didn’t see Shennell Henry, the young winger from the Under-20 team. You also didn’t see Tasha St Louis because they all succumbed to some injury or the other, while “Ya Ya” (Kennya Cordner) pulled up within 15 minutes.”

Spence felt the enthusiasm of playing for the first time in 18 months, good individual play and experience was responsible for the Soca Princesses’ dominant performance in the first match.

However, the Venezuelans made adjustments and kept their defenders at home rather than in attack like in the opening match. It therefore restricted the penetrative power of the T&T team without playmakers Attin-Johnson and St Louis.

The Venezuelans are clearly very organised,’ Spence said. “Even in our 5-0 win, they stayed organised.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>