April 26, 2024, 01:27:31 PM

Author Topic: Bringing on the forces  (Read 6197 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing on the forces
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »
F@#k that shyte. Beat up they arse. They eh care about nobody and if a couple innocent ones paas in the rush then they will know not to think about joining a gang.

I done tell my brothers and them stay away from them hot areas, because if yuh get caught in the mess then yuh look for it.

They always have video when police shoot or beat up, but could never have a cell phone when a citizen get rob or murder. The jackarse news people giving bandit and murders a platform to show out. Imagine men threaten police on national tv talking about they eh have to sign for no gun.   :bs:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
F@#k that shyte. Beat up they arse. They eh care about nobody and if a couple innocent ones paas in the rush then they will know not to think about joining a gang.

I done tell my brothers and them stay away from them hot areas, because if yuh get caught in the mess then yuh look for it.

They always have video when police shoot or beat up, but could never have a cell phone when a citizen get rob or murder. The jackarse news people giving bandit and murders a platform to show out. Imagine men threaten police on national tv talking about they eh have to sign for no gun.   :bs:

How many innocents would you have beaten up elan? Would you send your brother to get beat if 4 gang-bangers get beat in return? All angry talk - you ain't interested in justice, just petty revenge.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
Watch how you go sing a different tune if yah go down there and its still not cleaned up and somebody lock your neck and take away your Clarkes and your passport.
You go be flagging down the same army truck and yelling they went that away.
If they still paroling .
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:39:15 PM by Qmire »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
Not wishing that on you .

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 04:24:27 PM »

How many innocents would you have beaten up elan? Would you send your brother to get beat if 4 gang-bangers get beat in return? All angry talk - you ain't interested in justice, just petty revenge.

I think we should also consider how many innocent have died and are dying due to the state criminals have left the country. If these hot spots STOP protecting these criminal elements WE would be in a better position today. As pointed out by other posters..where are the cameras and witnesses when the police/soldiers and innocent citizens get killed.

I may not agree with the soldiers on the streets, but we have to take back the country from the criminal elements.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »
Speaking about the criminal element in T&T (see video below). A lot of us tend to glorify the gangster/badman lifestyle. The government can only do so much. parenting and community still has an affect.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYJjNd0fFSI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DYJjNd0fFSI</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
I think we should also consider how many innocent have died and are dying due to the state criminals have left the country. If these hot spots STOP protecting these criminal elements WE would be in a better position today. As pointed out by other posters..where are the cameras and witnesses when the police/soldiers and innocent citizens get killed.

I may not agree with the soldiers on the streets, but we have to take back the country from the criminal elements.

Innocents dying due to the actions of criminals has no bearing on the separate discussion about criminal behavior by those charged with upholding the law.  Nothing.  Even if we found a magic cure for crime tomorrow we'd still have to separately address the issue of abuse at the hands of police and soldiers.  Intelligent people should be able to appreciate as much.

Secondly, it is nonsensical to question "where are the cameras when the police/soldiers and innocent citizens get killed." The implication is that nobody have a camera or video when criminals are targeting innocent victims.  Common sense should explain the reason for that.  For one if a criminal sees you filming or recording their acts they are likely to turn their attention to you and try to hurt you.  For another, even if they don't see you recording, when it comes time to testifying about the video in court they will still learn your identity and victim intimidation/retaliation is a serious issue in Trinidad. 

In a perfect world people wouldn't be intimidated by this fact, but people have their lives to consider.  Just look at how a high profile member of the public like Dana Seetahal could be gunned down like a dog, and to date not one person arrested for it.  Far less for the average Joe with a cell phone camera.  We should be decrying the state of criminality as condoned by the government/s for so long, rather than criticizing people for not wanting to put themselves at risk.  It is easier to pull out a phone and record police abuse, because at least the expectation then is that police/soldier wouldn't come and target you for recording their behavior.  Although judging from some ah allyuh comments, it look like people can't even enjoy that reassurance anymore.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:53:32 PM by Bakes »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »
Logic and 'intelligence' disappears when senseless crime hits home (3 times in 5 years). Ms Seetahal was a relative, so I'm speaking from recent experience.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »

Petty revenge? On what?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
Logic and 'intelligence' disappears when senseless crime hits home (3 times in 5 years). Ms Seetahal was a relative, so I'm speaking from recent experience.

Yes, and she was killed in a 'hotspot', right?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »
Watch how you go sing a different tune if yah go down there and its still not cleaned up and somebody lock your neck and take away your Clarkes and your passport.
You go be flagging down the same army truck and yelling they went that away.
If they still paroling .

Firstly, Clarkes is an over-expensive old person's brand in the UK, I chuckled a little at the idea that Clarkes could be a serious brand when the missus told me that a year ago lol.0

Secondly, Yea I would flag them down, but if they then proceeded to beat the guy up I'd be shipping them in - criminality is criminality, and I want justice not violent revenge - you're not better than the gang-bangers if you demand blood for blood.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 12:50:05 AM »

Petty revenge? On what?

You're not asking for justice, you're asking for vengence, no trials, just violence. Petty revenge symbolises that, not sure why you're so dead-set on having them beaten up and taking the collateral damage

But you have avoided all my other questions - would you send your brother to be beaten up with a chance he dies, just so they can head stomp some criminals? How many criminals make that a fair trade? Those who are fine with collateral damage rarely continue to be so when it's their family and their loved ones being beaten.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:02 AM »

Yes, and she was killed in a 'hotspot', right?

not sure if you realize it yet, but Trinidad is a hotspot.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
not sure if you realize it yet, but Trinidad is a hotspot.

Not at all the case, there is crime all over Trinidad, but the hotspots are isolated.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
This is like the Coup days.Was fun parents uses to warn don't go outside and let the army ketch you after dark.
Got caught a couple times and got sent home lol.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 10:34:16 PM »
‘Illegal for soldiers to go on their own’
By Alexander Bruzual alexander.bruzual@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM ECT

Soldiers who act on patrols without support from police officers are doing so unlawfully and could potentially face prosecution.

Secretary for the Police Social and Welfare Association Michael Seales yesterday supported statements made on Wednesday by  acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams at a news briefing at the association’s headquarters at Besson Street, Port of Spain.

“The acting Commissioner would have made it abundantly clear recently that it is illegal for soldiers to go out there on their own to perform duties of policemen, especially on the basis of an investigative role in the absence of police officers. No soldier should stop, interrogate and search any citizen of this country in relation to any crime perpetrated, without the support of officers from the T&T Police Service.

“The association wants to make the distinction, we cannot stop the soldiers from going into any area, but what we want is to remind them of their functions. Because if they search a person in the absence of a police officer, that is a breach of the law, and if someone wants to take it further, can occasion an assault against that person which can lead to charges being levied against these soldiers,” Seales said.

Security minister clarified the role of the Defense Force in the 'hotspots'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpdqB_VrxgI&amp;list=UUoMVhsqo5huXDwMyr3lF4qQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XpdqB_VrxgI&amp;list=UUoMVhsqo5huXDwMyr3lF4qQ</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:38 AM »

I agree with you that we have to take back the country but again we are falling for the class trick.

Do we honestly believe that the BIG fish who are bringing in the guns and drugs and who are the biggest criminals and killers in our country live in these so-called hot spot areas?

I bet you the person who ordered and paid for Dana's hit lives in a big house in one of he posh so-called upper-class areas.

Until some of these big fish controlling and fueling crime go down crime and killings will not get better in corrupted and class divided T&T.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:56:46 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
Socapro- I agree somewhat that one social class maybe feeling the perceived oppressive measures however  it takes a a" small fish"  as bait to reel in the big fish. I would suffice to say. That all classes are not immune from being a victim of the senseless blatant disregard for the actions of those who live by the gun and ruthless callousness for human life.

On the other hand, part of these operations points out that the police may me overworked and are in need of this type of intervention to assist them with the level of gang activity. What people are missing out is that the level of this crime has turned to a " war like" state. The frequency of killings and attacks on citizens and the manner in which these criminals are operations is like blatant disregard and a no fear for the law. If the army's intervention is but one way to alleviate the criminals' activity and to, respond with fire on fore than so be it. The police could then divert some attention to getting at the ' bigger fish' who are not exposing their activities in the same manner as those in the hot spots.

I support the intent of the army- I will not support unwarranted attacks on the lives of innocent people. The army's actions must also not circumvent the law nor be seen as vindictive- they do have an obligation to protect the citizens of TNT from destructive threats be the threats of an internal or external nature. Remember 1990- are we naive to think that the insurrectionist were not part of a well organized 'gang' operating under the guise of a religious sect?  And is it possible that some present day gangs may allegedly be connected to elements of the said religious sect ? how hypocritical that a religion is being used to harbour and to operate in a manner like this in TNT .
TNT version of organized crime is not one that appears to be for the faint of heart- the police alone have been under siege for years while murders continue to soar so if the army intervenes and is able to restore civil unrest the all the more power to this action.
The leaders of the army have been quiet and away from the public- I have never read of any uttering from  the army leaders to suggest that they have any political motives or desires to have the army take over the state. Therefore, what I read from an editorial in one of the media is suggesting that the army's action is setting a dangerous precedent . In these times and given the kind of gang warfare that exist ,It not hold merit for me.

As any concerned citizen, I would like to walk the streets without fear ; remove the bars on my windows and doors; not be thinking of an unprovoked attack or be a victim of wrong place at wrong time. It would be delirious to have a peaceful existence with all in a community and not be distrustful; would be ideal to go back to the time when strangers could be welcomed in your home and be served without suspicion.

Long ago in Trinidad  'a buss head' was a level of threat to fear today is a bullet- Yes I say deploy the forces in every street every village every corner every junction . Keep the rouges at bay- empty every house  that may be harbouring criminals and flush out the rats that are infesting that nation.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:41:22 PM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>