March 28, 2024, 12:44:07 PM

Author Topic: My facebook post on TnT.  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My facebook post on TnT.
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
Right..so World Cup Done..and after seeing thousands of posts from Trinis and expert analysis and comments with pure passion and pride...even locals on the papers crying when " their " team lost and celebrating when "their" team win...all that good..no problem..is the World Cup after all...

I am now asking at least "HALF" of all the people to start supporting your own country football teams with if not the same passion, at least HALF...lord knows they need it...and if you think the next World Cup is in 2018..well it actually begins in 2016..when we start qualifying matches....

.dont get me wrong..look, I support Germany since 1974..I real celebrate that title Sunday....I support Man Utd..but I dont miss a TnT match..small friendly or Important qualifier...frig I go and watch them train....I even plan gigs and tours around it...

I go watch local leagues...so im begging you all to start checking some local pro league matches..some super league..zonal..youth football ..pick a team and support..and dont come with the "quality" of play talk...when it comes to your country you could let some of that pass....I see big teams at the World Cup play some good shit...lots and lots of people predicted TnT would have been beaten by Argentina by 7,8 or 10 goals...hope you like BRAAZIL now..lessons learned..it could happen to ANYONE..cause only Football knows...gentle reminder..Messi did not score in that game against TnT either..

Yes the great era of Yorke,Russell Latapy,Hislop, Chris Birchall,Stern John, Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack,Denis Lawrence, Jason Scotland,Marvin Andrews and others long gone..but my point is..I watch all of them from under 16 football....dont wait to be the one in the stadium asking "Who is Kevin Molino..Guerra ( yea..the one who bow to Messi)...Cesar..Peltier..Hector( yes)...Mitchell and others....

go every now and then...we could do it again...but we need you...well at least "HALF" of you...the others will come when the final qualifying game is on...like always.
Not to mention one man stole $200,000,000 TT Dollars from our football Coffers..boy we could use that now.
So yea...I said it..so go ahead...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My facebook post on TnT.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
Right..so World Cup Done..and after seeing thousands of posts from Trinis and expert analysis and comments with pure passion and pride...even locals on the papers crying when " their " team lost and celebrating when "their" team win...all that good..no problem..is the World Cup after all...

I am now asking at least "HALF" of all the people to start supporting your own country football teams with if not the same passion, at least HALF...lord knows they need it...and if you think the next World Cup is in 2018..well it actually begins in 2016..when we start qualifying matches....

.dont get me wrong..look, I support Germany since 1974..I real celebrate that title Sunday....I support Man Utd..but I dont miss a TnT match..small friendly or Important qualifier...frig I go and watch them train....I even plan gigs and tours around it...

I go watch local leagues...so im begging you all to start checking some local pro league matches..some super league..zonal..youth football ..pick a team and support..and dont come with the "quality" of play talk...when it comes to your country you could let some of that pass....I see big teams at the World Cup play some good shit...lots and lots of people predicted TnT would have been beaten by Argentina by 7,8 or 10 goals...hope you like BRAAZIL now..lessons learned..it could happen to ANYONE..cause only Football knows...gentle reminder..Messi did not score in that game against TnT either..

Yes the great era of Yorke,Russell Latapy,Hislop, Chris Birchall,Stern John, Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack,Denis Lawrence, Jason Scotland,Marvin Andrews and others long gone..but my point is..I watch all of them from under 16 football....dont wait to be the one in the stadium asking "Who is Kevin Molino..Guerra ( yea..the one who bow to Messi)...Cesar..Peltier..Hector( yes)...Mitchell and others....

go every now and then...we could do it again...but we need you...well at least "HALF" of you...the others will come when the final qualifying game is on...like always.
Not to mention one man stole $200,000,000 TT Dollars from our football Coffers..boy we could use that now.

:beermug: :beermug: Well said  :wavetowel:   (this from Guerra! :notworthy:)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
I know one fella living in Trini who start yelling GERMANY! GERMANY! liking himself after they win. He even changed his FB profile pic to the German flag, now since the WC climax has gone he changed it back to the profile pic he had before Germany won the WC. I love my bandwagonnist Trini people  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:11:01 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
most of the real supporters breddah are on this board and the ones that are not are in the stadium when a big team is not playing tt.

good post  :beermug: once again you point out the problem with tt society, they don't support their own

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
I want to support meh team and be patriotic. When and where is the next NT game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:44:55 AM »

:beermug: :beermug: When I come Trini we'll catch some games. On WC qualification - 2014 qualification started in 2011, so we might even be starting next year if the same format applies

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 04:09:04 AM »

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Live large and prosper!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 04:55:07 AM »
Solid post Big Mag. More of this talk and people will SLOWLY come around as they respond to peer pressure.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:38 AM »
I saw ur ppst...big up...well said!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
well said Jamal Gay was saying the same thing how come we cant get this for TnT
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »
Yea SANDO PRINCE...you right..i did put the German pic up on the Monday after the win...gave it 3 days and went back to my band pic..maybe you did not read.

and as for you saying I am a bandwagonist.. well I cant answer that one dey boy...all good

I love my bandwagonnist Trini people

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »
ELAN... of course this was not meant for most of us here...so no worries with the sarcasm..but maybe i should have mentioned that...cool
on the FB post..i also encouraged people to join SWN to follow all things tnt football...respect to all...tnt.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 07:56:51 AM »
Big Mack !.

Yuh nice, but you go to all these games, international ad local league game and you dont even drop a report or a update or even a mention of a good player. We beg here for updates sometimes.

If you want change, you should start it.

By getting everyone involve it will help.

Everybody have to do a lil part and not just talk.

It have plenty men on this site who visit T&T every year and want to go to games, so organise a lime, big up a team so man will feel connected to the club and they players and foll ow them.

I respect Football Supporter for this, he does be here promoting his club and giving us constant updates.

Soccerman and amielisadore too.

Man like BM, SM, Touches, Patriot and de regular locals just disappear.

Allyuh men base home, start something nah.

At least I does go when I can and give de board constant updates on youths.

Support and rspect, you have to earn.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:58:25 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 08:17:16 AM »
ok Sam...you sure i never mention game reports..player updates...limes and fete matches before ??..hmmm...
ok ..i will start some of that then.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »
ELAN... of course this was not meant for most of us here...so no worries with the sarcasm..but maybe i should have mentioned that...cool
on the FB post..i also encouraged people to join SWN to follow all things tnt football...respect to all...tnt.

It was more to point out a major point than be sarcastic.

It all right to criticize the wider public for not supporting but it must be in context.

You are business man. If you advertise your product a week or 2 before do you realistically expect people to show up in the hundreds? If the wider public is to support then they have to know what products are on sale.

How many times right on the board here men making arrangement to go to game only to find out venue move, time change, date change etc.

Give the people something they can support.

At the same time yuh right and yuh support ah big team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
ok Sam...you sure i never mention game reports..player updates...limes and fete matches before ??..hmmm...
ok ..i will start some of that then.

Yes, yuh drop ah line here and there, but I talking about more consistent.

We don't hear much from de locals at all.

Touches is meh next bredda but he gone too.

Small Magician don't even post no more.

Jefferz gone.

Weary only studding Kamla.

Since Flex make Brownsugar moderator she disappear.

Patriot use to be tops here at one time, de man gone we, we dusk we to f00ck out.

Kingman, Raul, Andre Samuel, Swima, FATZ, Rastaman etc etc doh even drop ah vibes sometime.

So if de locals eh care, allyuh want de foreigners to?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »
Good post BM, I agree with everything you said :applause:

Just that preparation for 2018 needs to start NOW and not 2016, we need to be taking advantage of the FIFA scheduled friendly dates (even if we have to utilize the locals), as someone pointed out in another thread, there are 2 dates scheduled in Sept. and I'm not sure if we have anything in the works. Then again our federation is in a mess so.....

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »
Well said BM.

Wrote similar thing on my FB Monday Morning. Very Very big remainder of the year coming up for the Warriors..

I hope if and when T&T playing Brazil in some game in Miami in 2 years time, man who dont even know the name of we captain running down and taking tickets from true supporters.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
Well said BM.

Wrote similar thing on my FB Monday Morning. Very Very big remainder of the year coming up for the Warriors..

I hope if and when T&T playing Brazil in some game in Miami in 2 years time, man who dont even know the name of we captain running down and taking tickets from true supporters.

in order for this to happen, ttfa needs to offer tickets to sw.net and other supporter clubs first and then to the rest of the buying public, if they want the hardcore football fans to support, at an affordable price

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 02:59:30 PM »
Well said BM.

Could be a reality.

For the first time, the 2016 Copa America will be held in the United States, CONMEBOL and CONCACAF, the governing bodies of South and North America, announced on Thursday.

Argentina's Lionel Messi and Brazil's Neymar could accompany their national teams to the U.S. for the Copa America in 2016.
The 2016 edition, christened the Copa America Centenario, will mark the 100th anniversary of the tournament, as well as the founding of CONMEBOL. For those reasons, CONMEBOL decided an expanded competition was needed to mark the occasion. The tournament, set for June 3-26, 2016, will be the first time that the Copa has been held outside of South America.

"For the first time, Copa America comes home; comes north," said Jeffrey Webb, CONCACAF president, who added that the U.S. venues have not yet been opened for bidding and thus are not yet known. "What football can do is unite the Americas like never before and reach a previously unexplored pinnacle."

In addition to the 10 members of CONMEBOL, six countries from CONCACAF will take part. The U.S. and Mexico are automatically invited, as will the 2014 Copa Centroamericana winner (also hosted in the U.S. this September), and the 2014 Caribbean Cup winner. The remaining two teams will come from the top four finishers from the 2015 Gold Cup that have yet to be invited, after a playoff involving those four sides.

"This is an irrefutable message that football is able to carry forward the best purposes as well as those who dreamt about football in South America and CONCACAF," said CONMEBOL president Eugenio Figueredo, who added that he did not yet know whether the Cup would be a FIFA date. "We value CONCACAF allowing us to build a joint history and we want to strengthen."

As for stadiums, USSF president Sunil Gulati insisted that "absolutely no decision" had been made in terms of the number of venues or specific host cities, but that the jockeying for position had already begun.

"One benefit we have in a country like the U.S., is that we have many, many venues that can host this," he said. "A number of venues have been in contact with us in the last 48 hours that want to host it. Some [candidates] in person here in Miami have talked to us, and a number by email."

Gulati added that U.S. national team manager Jurgen Klinsmann was "ecstatic" about the news, and that he was "very excited and pleased we were able to get this done."

The Centenario will be a special event outside of the Copa's regular quadrennial schedule, and the regularly scheduled Copas in Chile in 2015 and 2019 in Brazil will continue as scheduled.

The plans for an expanded Copa America have been in the works for some time, with CONMEBOL announcing in October 2012 its initial plans for the tournament. But there have been several obstacles that delayed an official announcement, the biggest being the release of CONCACAF players by their clubs.

Since CONCACAF teams are technically being invited as guests to partake in what is ostensibly a South American tournament, clubs were not obligated to release players.

"We are making this effort with Jeffrey [Webb] and FIFA so all national teams can bring their best [teams]," said Figueredo. "Each country will be competing to become the champion, and they are definitely going to try to have their best team."

U.S. Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati had long maintained that unless players from CONCACAF were released, there would be little point in hosting the tournament. That stumbling block is in the process of being resolved.

Another sticking point is the impact that the tournament will have on the FIFA calendar, given that Euro 2016, World Cup qualifying, and the Olympic soccer tournament are all set to take place during the summer. That issue is still being negotiated as well.

"I'm not clear if it will be on a FIFA date or not," said Figueredo. "We have been of late insisting that should be on the FIFA calendar."

The 2016 edition of the Copa will mark the fourth time the U.S. has participated in the tournament. The U.S. were eliminated in the group stage in 1993 and 2007, but reached the semifinals in 1995, when they was beaten 1-0 by Brazil.

The U.S. sent an under-strength squad to the 2007 Copa America in Venezuela, where they lost group-stage games to Argentina, Paraguay and Colombia.

The tournament will overlap with Euro 2016, which kicks off on June 10 of that year.
http://www.espnfc.com/copa-america/story/1803812/united-states-to-host-combined-2016-copa-america-centenario
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:04:32 PM by soccerman »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
Stand-up and be counted gentlemen - http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=62800.0

Let's start organising some limes and other festivities for the next Pro-League season (and some super-league too)

1]; } ?>