April 23, 2024, 09:11:34 PM

Author Topic: Hart looks at senior team future as T&T prepare for Gold Cup qualifiers.  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hart looks at senior team future as T&T prepare for Gold Cup qualifiers.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

With the 2014 World Cup now something of the past, National Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart is now focused on preparing his team for the Caribbean Cup qualification which will see T&T entering competition at the semi-final round which will be hosted here in October.

Prior to that, there are two international dates in September and Hart believes it is extremely important that the “Warriors” play at least one international friendly. The TTFA is currently in discussions with a couple respectable opponents from South America and Europe about possible fixtures.

Hart reflected on the two recent matches against eventual World Cup runners up Argentina and Iran and stressed the need for the team to continue with such momentum in the build up to the CONCACAF Gold Cup and 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.

He pointed out that in CONCACAF, T&T would be in a situation where two back to back games could be played within a week and hence the Argentina and Iran games played four days apart was ideal for him in relation to his approach and team selection.

“In Concacaf you would have to play two games within two to three days and so I felt it was important to see if the players can carry the same emotions and  the same responsibilities into back to back games and  I only made two changes for the Iran game instead of changing up the entire team.

We were right into the game up until half time. Iran were not better than us at all but they were better prepared and they were physically better prepared and better in the air,” Hart told TTFA Media.

Situations like that serves to prepare a team for competition and the arduous task of World Cup qualification which is why Hart is hoping the team is afforded the opportunity to play similar matches in coming months.

He mentioned that he met with skipper Kenwyne Jones and the rest of the squad after the two-match series, reviewing the camp and outlining the intentions and ambitions for the future of the team.

“I had a meeting with the players and I said to them that you have played the Asian champions and the South American champions. The standard set by those teams is right up a level. There are two ends of the spectrum in relation to us.

Argentina is a World Champion and the runner up and clearly have much more quality than we do and on the other end Iran is a team we are not far off and we can certainly build off these two games towards the 2018 campaign.”

He added that the match in Buenos Aires against Lionel Messi and his men and also using the facilities at Corinthians Training Complex in Sao Paulo which was also used by Iran in their preparations for the World Cup served to give the players a fair idea of the full experience at the optimum level of international football.

“Just being there and seeing what is going on see and being part of the facilities gave a lot of the players an idea of the magnitude of the World Cup event and what it would be like to be in it. This is the level we want to be at and it can only happen if we’re in it constantly and given the right conditions to do so which means the right support from all ends to make it happen.

What Costa Rica, the USA and Mexico achieved in CONCACAF didn’t just happen by a good run of luck or because fortune favoured them. There is so much that went into their journey to Brazil and we must take note and act accordingly if we want to be part of that,” Hart said.

Hart and his coaching staff will be keeping a close eye on the Central American Cup which is being played in the United States in September and will feature potential T&T opponents from Central America at the next Gold Cup and World Cup qualification bid.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

We were right into the game up until half time. Iran were not better than us at all but they were better prepared and they were physically better prepared and better in the air,”

Hope Shaun putting words in his mouth and he didn't actually say this.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

We were right into the game up until half time. Iran were not better than us at all but they were better prepared and they were physically better prepared and better in the air,”

'They weren't better. They were better, better, better.'

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Kenwyne keep repeating something similar in his interview after the game. He seem frustrated by the loss, insisting that Iran wasn't that good in comparison to us. The way he kept repeating it seem like that loss real bother them.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:24:53 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart problems: TTFA scraps Warriors men’s camp; women’s trip in balance
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago national football team head coach Stephen Hart admitted that the “Soca Warriors” will struggle to keep up with its rivals if the present financial woes continue.

Last month, Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee and general secretary Sheldon Phillips promised camps for the men’s and women’s senior teams in July and August as preparation for their respective 2014 Caribbean Cup tournaments.

However, Hart said the men’s camp—which would have allowed him time with the top Pro League players—is definitely off while he is unsure as to whether the Warriors will meet before its first Caribbean Cup qualifier on 6 October 2014.

“There is no money,” Hart told Wired868. “We potentially might have a game with Bolivia or Guadeloupe in September but we cannot sign a contract with anyone to play because we don’t have any money.”

The news was slightly better for the national women who hope to travel this week to Houston; almost two weeks after their scheduled departure on 10 July 2014.

“We should be leaving this week on Wednesday or Thursday,” said national women’s manager Vernetta Flanders, “depending on what date the travel agency gets tomorrow… Tickets will be booked tomorrow by all indications.”

Former head coach Marlon Charles, who resigned last month after complaining of disrespect by his employer, has already returned to the fold as assistant to United States coach Randy Waldrum. Charles is in charge of the women’s technical preparations at present.

Flanders revealed that the women’s players are likely to travel to Houston in at least two batches since the TTFA will only apply for some visas tomorrow. The manager said that the visa applications were late because the final squad had not been selected earlier.

She could not explain why the final team selection and visa applications have still not been finalised for a tour that was due to commence on July 10.

However, TTFA general secretary, Phillips, hinted that the late application for visas might have been due to financial issues.

“Until promised funding materializes planned programs will be impacted,” Phillips told Wired868. “The cost of visa applications, training camps, player and technical staff stipends, to name a few, all require funding.

“In the meantime, we are putting merchandising and licensing programs in place to lessen TTFA dependency on public funds.”

Despite Flanders’ assurance that the team will leave for Houston this week, a TTFA insider was less certain about the source of the funding for their trip.

“The Sport Minister (Anil Roberts) has said that football will not get a cent until after the Life Sport audit,” said the TTFA insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “I was told (National Security Minister) Gary Griffith has promised to help so that is what everyone is riding on.”

Hart is desperately seeking some good news himself.

At present, the former Canada head coach is assisting the men’s national under-17 and under-20 teams in their preparations. His assistant coaches, Derek King and Hutson Charles, lead the staff of the national under-20 set-up.

However, Hart is frustrated in his efforts to further the senior team’s programme.

“There can be no planning when you don’t have a budget,” said Hart. “All you are doing is planning for planning sake; because when you submit something, you are told there is no money…

“In my previous jobs, I knew how much I had to work with and I had to create a programme to fit that. But all I can do now is try to help the teams that are in operation.

“The administration has no money; so something has to give at some point.”

Last year, Trinidad and Tobago defeated Jamaica in friendly fixtures at home and away. Since then, the “Reggae Boyz” played six internationals—including games against France, Switzerland, Serbia and Egypt—with another against Canada due for September while the Warriors played just twice against Argentina and Iran.

Jamaica will be the first Caribbean team to play in South America’s premier international competition after it accepted an invitation to play in the Chile 2015 Copa America competition. And, as the 2014 Caribbean Cup host, the Boyz hope to secure the sole berth available to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) for the 2016 Copa America, which will be staged in the United States.

The TTFA’s continuing failure to secure corporate or private sector funding could see the Warriors fall behind its regional rival; not to mention the CONCACAF leaders.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:25:24 AM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
why do I fell soo depress every time I read about de TTFA and its operations.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Depressing as hell to keep reading about this farce - is there scope for the Pro League teams to undermine and replace the TTFA? It's a shame there's no real accountability mechanics in FIFA.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
As soon as we think we're building some momentum...another brick wall....come on  TK....
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
this is the reason tt doesn't make the world cup, admin problems...

corruption from the top brass and the private and public sector not investing in the team..

it has nothing to do with costa rica more talented or all that bull, its the fed and how they run our football

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everybody critical of the TTFA, and complaining about corruption and what not.  What allyuh doing about it?  How many ah allyuh donating allyuh money to help get them out of the red?  Right.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Everybody critical of the TTFA, and complaining about corruption and what not.  What allyuh doing about it?  How many ah allyuh donating allyuh money to help get them out of the red?  Right.

Yuh right Bakes.

HOWEVER.

Tim Kee dam the bridge and he fail to make peace with the supporters after he said that was the first thing he was going to do. If you show the public love, they will eventually follow.

Secondly, he playing to much politics, he hiding, ducking and doesn't seem to care or have any ideas to generate money, he waiting for handouts, at least if he trying and fail he will still get much love and respect.

He not honest to the public who in they right mind will donate any money when we eh know whats going on or where it going?

They hiring who they want, you feel I want my money go into someone pocket, if I know de money going into de team, yes and I am sure many will follow.

The TTFA have to lead by example and earn back some respect and I can guarantee you money will come, but no one will give money just so knowing de TTFA reputation.

Wrong or right, they not giving just so.

De TTFA have to take de little they get and try to turn it around.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yuh right Bakes.

HOWEVER.

Tim Kee dam the bridge and he fail to make peace with the supporters after he said that was the first thing he was going to do. If you show the public love, they will eventually follow.

Secondly, he playing to much politics, he hiding, ducking and doesn't seem to care or have any ideas to generate money, he waiting for handouts, at least if he trying and fail he will still get much love and respect.

He not honest to the public who in they right mind will donate any money when we eh know whats going on or where it going?

They hiring who they want, you feel I want my money go into someone pocket, if I know de money going into de team, yes and I am sure many will follow.

The TTFA have to lead by example and earn back some respect and I can guarantee you money will come, but no one will give money just so knowing de TTFA reputation.

1. How did he "fail to make peace with the supporters"?

2. What is your basis for saying "he playing to much politics, he hiding, [and] ducking"?  Do you know this for fact?

3. Hasn't the TTFA been engaging the local business community in effort to bring corporate partners on board?

Tim Kee, who replaced Lennox Watson as TTFA president late last year, stated, “I have a real problem with Government being the sole benefactor for our football, just (on Monday) I told the Minister of Sport that. So we are looking for some other interests

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,182901.html

How then yuh could say he not trying and only looking for handout if he demonstrating that the TTFA trying and not just looking for gov't handout?

4. How are they not honest with the public?  What has he been dishonest about?  What money is being hidden that yuh say we don't know what it being spent on?  So far every cent they get from FIFA has either gone to the 2006 WC players or to local football.  Where is this hidden money yuh hinting at?

5. Of course they will hire who they want.  Who yuh want dem to hire... who you want?  And again, every penny is being spent not on "the team", but on "the teams," as in all National teams.  Why do you believe they are misspending money?

At the end of the day my comment isn't about giving money to the TTFA, it's about fair and constructive criticism.  Case in point, look how easy it was for you to criticize them and accuse them of doing/not doing certain things.  And look how easy it was in some cases to point out how wrong and off-target yuh criticism is?  Who does it really benefit to continue to bash the TTFA for imaginary wrongs or things they're not responsible for?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Given my criticisms are due to mismanagement, especially financial mismanagement, it would be reckless to give money to such an organisation, despite how much I might love for them to carry out the tasks they are supposed to.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Given my criticisms are due to mismanagement, especially financial mismanagement, it would be reckless to give money to such an organisation, despite how much I might love for them to carry out the tasks they are supposed to.

How is the TTFA guilty of mismanagement, and "especially financial mismanagement"?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

How is the TTFA guilty of mismanagement, and "especially financial mismanagement"?

I'm really, really surprised you need to ask. Tim Kee seems to be the main culprit (from the not-so-extensive info I have) - his reluctance to go after Warner and handling of the Soca Warriors did little to enhance his reputation in my eyes. Committing to agreements they clearly can't afford hardly helps either, and the embarrassing situation with the women's team just piles on more questions. There are bright spots, but do little to counteract the problems that I now believe are systemic with the way the TTFA is run and structured. These are the most recent things, but a number of smaller things over the past year have given me cause for concern, and meant I would lack the trust to invest, had I the money to do so. Of course this is a preliminary opinion, as I really don't know enough about the situation still, and I'd be happy to have my mind changed :).

Out of interest, are you making this comment because you have put your money into the pot? Or is there a reason you're holding back?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:07:42 PM by Tiresais »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm really, really surprised you need to ask. Tim Kee seems to be the main culprit (from the not-so-extensive info I have) - his reluctance to go after Warner and handling of the Soca Warriors did little to enhance his reputation in my eyes. Committing to agreements they clearly can't afford hardly helps either, and the embarrassing situation with the women's team just piles on more questions. There are bright spots, but do little to counteract the problems that I now believe are systemic with the way the TTFA is run and structured. These are the most recent things, but a number of smaller things over the past year have given me cause for concern, and meant I would lack the trust to invest, had I the money to do so. Of course this is a preliminary opinion, as I really don't know enough about the situation still, and I'd be happy to have my mind changed :).

Out of interest, are you making this comment because you have put your money into the pot? Or is there a reason you're holding back?

Tim Kee's "reluctance" to go after Warner has been both well-reasoned (for legal reasons) and at the same time overblown.  Shaka himself has stated that he's been given assurances that the TTFA plan on pursuing whatever course is available to them to pursue an inquiry.  You need to listen (or read closer) more and not be so quick to rush to conclusions.

Committing to agreements and canceling programming all relate to fiscal problems not of the TTFA's making.  So again, how is that an example of "mismanagement"... or are you just commenting for the sake of?

As for your last question about whether I put my money into the pot...  I specifically addressed that in an earlier comment above:

At the end of the day my comment isn't about giving money to the TTFA, it's about fair and constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:03:08 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Tim Kee's "reluctance" to go after Warner has been both well-reasoned (for legal reasons) and at the same time overblown.  Shaka himself has stated that he's been given assurances that the TTFA plan on pursuing whatever course is available to them to pursue an inquiry.  You need to listen (or read closer) more and not be so quick to rush to conclusions.

Committing to agreements and canceling programming all relate to fiscal problems not of the TTFA's making.  So again, how is that an example of "mismanagement"... or are you just commenting for the sake of?

As for your last question about whether I put my money into the pot...  I specifically addressed that in an earlier comment above:

At the end of the day my comment isn't about giving money to the TTFA, it's about fair and constructive criticism.

I listened, and I still find it incredible that an organisation could not at least investigate allegations of such magnitude. Tim Kee knew what the financial conditions were - he should not have made those commitments. My points still stand, I'm not sure why you've invested so much in this argument. My points aren't out of anger, they're just disappointment really - the current regime is clearly an improvement over the last and I've defended them a number of times (especially against Horner) in relation to the financial problems, but that doesn't make them immune from criticism.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I listened, and I still find it incredible that an organisation could not at least investigate allegations of such magnitude. Tim Kee knew what the financial conditions were - he should not have made those commitments. My points still stand, I'm not sure why you've invested so much in this argument. My points aren't out of anger, they're just disappointment really - the current regime is clearly an improvement over the last and I've defended them a number of times (especially against Horner) in relation to the financial problems, but that doesn't make them immune from criticism.

I made a comment and went about my business, you then saw fit to respond to my comment. I pay you the courtesy of giving a response, and now you're saying you don't see why I've invested so much in this argument. You are a Johnny- come-lately around here and it is clear you don't understand half of what you're commenting on. I don't plan on wasting any more time engaging you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I made a comment and went about my business, you then saw fit to respond to my comment. I pay you the courtesy of giving a response, and now you're saying you don't see why I've invested so much in this argument. You are a Johnny- come-lately around here and it is clear you don't understand half of what you're commenting on. I don't plan on wasting any more time engaging you.

:yapping:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Yuh right Bakes.

HOWEVER.

1. How did he "fail to make peace with the supporters"?

2. What is your basis for saying "he playing to much politics, he hiding, [and] ducking"?  Do you know this for fact?

3. Hasn't the TTFA been engaging the local business community in effort to bring corporate partners on board?

Tim Kee, who replaced Lennox Watson as TTFA president late last year, stated, “I have a real problem with Government being the sole benefactor for our football, just (on Monday) I told the Minister of Sport that. So we are looking for some other interests

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,182901.html

How then yuh could say he not trying and only looking for handout if he demonstrating that the TTFA trying and not just looking for gov't handout?

4. How are they not honest with the public?  What has he been dishonest about?  What money is being hidden that yuh say we don't know what it being spent on?  So far every cent they get from FIFA has either gone to the 2006 WC players or to local football.  Where is this hidden money yuh hinting at?

5. Of course they will hire who they want.  Who yuh want dem to hire... who you want?  And again, every penny is being spent not on "the team", but on "the teams," as in all National teams.  Why do you believe they are misspending money?

At the end of the day my comment isn't about giving money to the TTFA, it's about fair and constructive criticism.  Case in point, look how easy it was for you to criticize them and accuse them of doing/not doing certain things.  And look how easy it was in some cases to point out how wrong and off-target yuh criticism is?  Who does it really benefit to continue to bash the TTFA for imaginary wrongs or things they're not responsible for?

I believe what he is referring to is several posts by insider outlining personal convos with TK that reflected negatively on him and his brushing aside of sw.net and all affiliated.. if my memory serves me correctly.. however, that can be classified as hearsay but insider has been correct on almost all instances... so we can conclude the source is somewhat reliable..

1]; } ?>