April 19, 2024, 11:06:56 PM

Poll

Do You Agree with Viera's Action?

Yes
No
Yes, but...
Don't Care

Author Topic: Viera Takes Team Off Field After Racial Abuse  (Read 1677 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Viera Takes Team Off Field After Racial Abuse
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
Patrick Vieira walks Manchester City players off pitch after alleged racial abuse against Seko Fofana

Manchester City and Patrick Vieira took the decision to abandon their Under-21 pre-season friendly against HNK Rijeka after midfielder Seko Fofana was allegedly the victim of racial abuse.

Vieira, whose Elite Development Side are currently on a 10-day pre-season training camp in Croatia, entered the field to speak to the referee after Fofana was sent-off for lashing out at an opponent.

The former Arsenal enforcer acted, with the unilateral backing of management staff, after 19-year-old Fofana claimed he was racially abused prior to the incident.

A City club statement: ‘Manchester City’s EDS U21 game with HNK Rijeka has today been cancelled due to an alleged incident of racial abuse toward the Club’s young midfielder, Seko Fofana by a member of the opposing team.

‘Following an alleged incident in the latter stages of the first half of the game, being played in Novigrad, Croatia, a decision was taken by the management staff to withdraw the City team from the field of play and cancel the game.

‘Club representatives in Croatia and in Manchester are liaising with officials, the match organisers and the Croatian Football Association to pursue this matter further.’

HNK Rijeka, however, appear to have distanced themselves from speculation that one of their players made racist comments towards Frenchman Fofana.

A statement on their website read: ‘Manchester City coach Patrick Vieira entered the field, something was discussed with the referee, and then to the amazement of a well-filled stadium he took his team off the pitch. What are the reasons? They are known only to him.’
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Viera Takes Team Off Field After Racial Abuse
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
Balkans club in racism row? What a shocker...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
Balkans club in racism row? What a shocker...

ENT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
Germany, Croatia, Italy all the same racism footballers have to endure, been their black players who were born there... Don't worry too much yuh know cause next world cup everyone will be supporting their favorite Euro team and happy like pappy when they win a game.  :D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »
Germany, Croatia, Italy all the same racism footballers have to endure, been their black players who were born there... Don't worry too much yuh know cause next world cup everyone will be supporting their favorite Euro team and happy like pappy when they win a game.  :D

dread u does support argentina....dem habour nazis and take great pride in dey "whiteness" ...........six ah one half ah dozen ah d other steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

dread u does support argentina....dem habour nazis and take great pride in dey "whiteness" ...........six ah one half ah dozen ah d other steups

See I was not focused on who lefty supports but lefty is focused on who I am supporting. Obviously I hit a nerve. The truth hurts.

Argentina can be proud of their whiteness for many years to come. They are not black. I am not Argentine, I don't care

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »

See I was not focused on who lefty supports but lefty is focused on who I am supporting. Obviously I hit a nerve. The truth hurts.

Argentina can be proud of their whiteness for many years to come. They are not black. I am not Argentine, I don't care

not about hitting ah nerve .....yuh point is just more than a bit obtuse, to say the least.............u like dey football, cool, plenty people of all denominations do, but d added conjecture about u supporting dem being ah big FU to euro racism is well.................

enjoy yuh day bro :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:00:50 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »
after reading this, sounds like it could have gone even worse ....

1]; } ?>