March 29, 2024, 12:52:51 AM

Author Topic: The badjohn from 1990 back at it again  (Read 1956 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
The badjohn from 1990 back at it again
« on: July 24, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
I continue to be appalled by anyone who commits the highest act of treason, turns around and sue the government,  builds a compound in the capital and runs around freely. Continues to act like he is an untouchable and that he still holds any government of TNT by the " balls"

If you were the leaders in charge of the police armed forces or national security, how would you react to this threat?

Imagine in today's TNT Express newspaper, he alleges:
Previous Article Next Article
BAKR’S THREAT
Story Updated: Jul 23, 2014

Jamaat-al-Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr

Four days before the 24th anniversary of the attempted coup, Jamaat-al-Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr has warned “injustice” against the Muslim community by law enforcement in this country will not be tolerated. On July 27, 1990, it was Bakr who led 114 members of the Jamaat and attempted a coup d’etat against the government of Trinidad and Tobago. Forty-two insurgents stormed the Red House and took then prime minister ANR Robinson and most of his cabinet hostage. Twenty-four people were killed. Over two decades later, the raiding of a Carapo mosque and arrests of people there have angered Bakr. In a 27-second interview with Win Radio yesterday, Bakr said the unlawful detainment of people, especially in the holy month of Rama­dan will not be tolerated, and he warned acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams, National Security Minister Gary Griffith and Roger Alexander, head of the North Eastern Division Task Force and host of TV6’s Beyond the Tape programme. Bakr said, “The question of coming into the mosque in Ramadan and detaining people unlawfully will not, and I repeat will not be accepted. Big man Alexander, if you think you can do whatever you want and you are not accountable to God, Mr Commissioner of Police, Mr Griffith, this is Abu Bakr, I am saying if you continue this transgression against us, we will respond appropriately, end of talk.” The clip of Bakr’s interview went viral yesterday on Facebook and other social media. Contacted last night, Williams said he preferred not to comment on Bakr’s comments as he had not heard them. Williams, however, said he had already received two calls from other media houses and also advised them he would only respond after hearing for himself what Bakr’s comments were. He said he had already contacted his public relations team and once he can gets the information and it is verified, then he will be in a position to say something. On the arrests at the mosque, Williams said: “I contacted the divisional commander who shared with me that several of those persons had arrests warrants... they were warrants to arrest them for offences which are before the court, so therefore those arrests are clearly lawful arrests. “There are other persons whom they would have detained in relation to criminal offences that we suspected they would have committed and those arrests are also lawful arrests,” he added. Williams stressed the law gives the police full authority to arrest people whom they suspect have committed criminal offences. Williams said, “The law provides, under the Criminal Law Act Chapter 10:04 Section 3, Sub-Section 4, that police officers are authorised to so do where they have reasonable suspicion of persons committing arrestable offences, and that is what they exercised.” “So what is critical having exercised that authority? The police officers need to be able to investigate, make a clear determination in a timely manner, do I have sufficient evidence to prosecute?; and if they don’t have sufficient evidence to prosecute, then they would have an obligation to release those persons,” he said. ‘Visiting CoP today’ Contacted last night for elaboration on what he meant by “appropriate action”, Bakr told the Express he will not elaborate. “I said that to Alexander, I said that to the commissioner and I said to the Minister of National Security that if they continue, this is not lawful. You lock up women, they don’t have any opportunity to change their clothes, they leave all their children unattended. What offence have they committed? “I was in the station up to five o’clock this evening and they have not been charged, they have not committed an offence. All their children have been left out of the mosque,” he said. Told the Commissioner of Police said the arrests were lawful, Bakr said he intends to visit Williams today on this. “They have to commit an offence to get arrested. What offence these women have committed when up to this time they have not been charged? What offence did these women commit? Nobody has reported. “I’ve checked in the station, there is no reward or no report that these women committed an offence from nobody, so what they lock them up and leave all the children unattended for while they praying? They don’t do that to nobody else in their churches. “I going to see the commissioner tomorrow and I going to see the Minister of National Security and I going to see Alexander since these are the men who are responsible for terrorising our women and our children. I going and see them tomorrow,” said Bakr.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The badjohn from 1990 back at it again
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »
Only country in the world i can think of at the moment where a man was successful in taking over the government and still living in the same country free like the humming bird.

He and his men pretty much committed one of the highest act of crime anyone can commit in Trinidad.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:25:09 PM by Sando prince »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 08:17:44 PM »
trini real immature as a nation boy. I understand we don't like abu bakr and the muslimeen...for very good reason. but never I hear anybody say yes I don't like person A, BUT, I  love justice more, so I will say something for injustice even if is for somebody I don't like.
now so much favoritism involved in the application of justice that it is always thrown around that 'we' doh get no justice b/c they don't like we.
One working definition of intelligence is the ability to hold 2 seemingly contradictory ideas in your head and still proceed logically.  maybe we jus lacking intelligence. but I for one fed up of hearing people talk shit and keep the country backward.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
Bakr will be dead if he does something foolish again
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »

Hard to feel sorry for any claim of injustice brought forward when we suffered same without apology or punishment. Basically has little moral ground.

People generally do not separate the message from the messenger.....very rarely and usually takes enormous effort depending on the extent of the bias that exists.

trini real immature as a nation boy. I understand we don't like abu bakr and the muslimeen...for very good reason. but never I hear anybody say yes I don't like person A, BUT, I  love justice more, so I will say something for injustice even if is for somebody I don't like.
now so much favoritism involved in the application of justice that it is always thrown around that 'we' doh get no justice b/c they don't like we.
One working definition of intelligence is the ability to hold 2 seemingly contradictory ideas in your head and still proceed logically.  maybe we jus lacking intelligence. but I for one fed up of hearing people talk shit and keep the country backward.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:52:57 AM »
What you're saying holds no water as you're trying to imply don't shoot the messenger. What you're neglecting is that this messenger has held the country at ransom and is still responsible for the murder of several people, millions of dollars worth in property damage, millions of dollars in lost income, etc. This same messenger in the 24 years that have since elapsed has never apologized but instead walks around as if the country owes him something while he musters veiled threats again but justice for him should have been at the end of a noose.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 08:27:37 AM »
Security minister said Trinbagonians need not worry about any threats, because a coup will be crushed in an hour. He said T&T has evolved since 1990 and there are security measures in place to respond in any coup or threat to democracy. I will not worry whenever an individual make threats to national security because I have faith in the defense system we have today

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-07-25/griffith-bakr’s-statement-any-coup-will-be-crushed-hour
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:32:56 AM by Sando prince »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
Ah read in a newspaper early this morning where the same badjohn in defence of his statements and actions stated that since the leader of the government talk about unleashing the dogs then according to the Dog Act it is justified to shoot dogs- by implication then any actions taken could be justified-

Why do I get up early to read the papers daily? I does have to laugh at some of the thinking I does be reading about in TNT - now we have the makings of a -"Dog fight" or War of the Dogs and all ah them barking- we have pitbulls rotwildiers chiwawa poodles dobermans and pot hounds all fighting for bones. Yes TnT really gone to the dogs!!!!!!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Security minister said Trinbagonians need not worry about any threats, because a coup will be crushed in an hour. He said T&T has evolved since 1990 and there are security measures in place to respond in any coup or threat to democracy. I will not worry whenever an individual make threats to national security because I have faith in the defense system we have today

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-07-25/griffith-bakr’s-statement-any-coup-will-be-crushed-hour

Unfortunately this is not the real issue. The real issue is that a man can hold a country ransom, kill people and continue to make treasonous statements with impunity. He can obviously do this because those in government have made concessions to him in their quest for public office.

Trinis shoo shoo and talk but there was really no real outrage at what happened in 1990.

David Rudder really say "the nation needs a brand new daddy"........ and what Trinidad needs is an intelligent leader with a badjohn finish (who has the country at heart). That is the only kinda leader T&T can prosper under.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »

Unfortunately this is not the real issue. The real issue is that a man can hold a country ransom, kill people and continue to make treasonous statements with impunity. He can obviously do this because those in government have made concessions to him in their quest for public office.

Trinis shoo shoo and talk but there was really no real outrage at what happened in 1990.

David Rudder really say "the nation needs a brand new daddy"........ and what Trinidad needs is an intelligent leader with a badjohn finish (who has the country at heart). That is the only kinda leader T&T can prosper under.

What you are talking about has been a topic of discussion SINCE THE 1990's! Different government administrations has come and gone and what you have labelled the 'real issue' has not been confronted because its still considered 'rumours' and 'hear say'. If what you are saying is facts then someone with the courage need to come out and provide the proof of corruption between Abu Bakr and those in government. Until that happens there is nothing 'real' about it

My response you quoted was a response to Abu Bakr recent verbal threat and not what you are trying to discuss
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:41:34 AM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>