April 26, 2024, 05:29:54 PM

Author Topic: Massive Israeli air raids on Gaza  (Read 9274 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Israeli air raids on Gaza
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 11:48:01 AM »
cool...so we almost totally agree then.  so what is the clue that Obama's muslim critics need to get? what is your take on Obamas silence and the blocking of UN resolutions by the US all these years?

Obama has been consistent all along... there can only be one President at a time.  I know it's beginning to sound like a mantra, but more than just mere protocol or adherence to tradition demands it.  The US has to speak with one voice... you can't have the Bush Administration saying one thing, and Obama contradicting their policy... it's still Bush show for another couple days.  Imagine if your landlord forcing you to leave yuh residence... but before yuh even move out the new replacement come in and start painting wall and telling you when tuh burn electricity and how much hot water to use.  Not nice, right?

From a more practical standpoint... 4 yrs from now... or maybe 8, it will Obama sitting in Bush's position and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate the incoming President acting boldface and speaking over his policies.  What this would tell the world is "doh listen to he, he moving out juss now... just do whatever allyuh feel and when I take charge we go talk about it".

That is a dangerous precedent to set.  One President at a time, one voice at a time.

...just imagine, up until 80 yrs ago the Inauguration was held on March 20th.

So repeat the question. Barry settle een yet?

1]; } ?>