April 16, 2024, 03:32:43 AM

Author Topic: FIFA U17 World Cup 2015  (Read 98657 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship Thread.
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
Good luck in the next games, Young Warriors.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »
... maybe the squad was missing the "meddling" of Anton Corneal.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
There are @ least 5 Tobago players that are good enough for this team, to start. Just like when Rundell was overlooked @ youth level. Congrats to St. Lucia though.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »
I think the coach should definitely go or be sacked if we don't make it from the group.

Good luck to the Young Warriors in our remaining games.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »
T&T loosing 2-0 so far..

Really? this is what happens when you go into a game thinking you are superior and thinking you already won the game before the game start smh

I hope we will still win this game

For months now, I made the coach known about 5 top foreign players, the players contacted me and wanted to play for T&T almost a year ago,,,, he ignored it and then a month ago he querying when it was to late cause they didn't have Trini passports and first timers would have to wait a while to get their passports, so they ran out of time.

We had the same problem with Michael McComie and Angus Eve like we did with Cooper, who thought he didn't needed help, this is another problem with local coaches that they need to work on.. they feel asking for help takes away from their ability to coach and not recognizing they just don't have the talent on the team. The Under 17 team is lacking a quality keeper, Technically weak and physical slow team speed. Zero preparation & experience adds to the mix....

This is one of the reason why Derek King and Stephen Hart will always be successful, they not afraid to asked or say it as it is.... they are very logical...

A single piece of stick is easy to break, but put 6 of them together and see if you can break it now....

To be successful, we have to work together...

It have a quality US/Trini player that a MLS team snapped up for their DA U16 and after 2 weeks played with their U18. Cooper messed that up quick time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
T&T loosing 2-0 so far..

Really? this is what happens when you go into a game thinking you are superior and thinking you already won the game before the game start smh

For months now, I made the coach known about 5 top foreign players, the players contacted me and wanted to play for T&T almost a year ago,,,, he ignored it and then a month ago he querying when it was to late cause they didn't have Trini passports and first timers would have to wait a while to get their passports, so they ran out of time.

We had the same problem with Michael McComie and Angus Eve like we did with Cooper, who thought he didn't needed help, this is another problem with local coaches that they need to work on.. they feel asking for help takes away from their ability to coach and not recognizing they just don't have the talent on the team. The Under 17 team is lacking a quality keeper, Technically weak and physical slow team speed. Zero preparation & experience adds to the mix....

This is one of the reason why Derek King and Stephen Hart will always be successful, they not afraid to asked or say it as it is.... they are very logical...

A single piece of stick is easy to break, but put 6 of them together and see if you can break it now....

It have a quality US/Trini player that a MLS team snapped up for their DA U16 and after 2 weeks played with their U18. Cooper messed that up quick time.

Who was that?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
... how many age eligible U-17 players competed in the SSFL? Position alone in the final rankings may not provide a full guide here.

What I can state (and I made a previous post to this effect)  is that there have been prior U-17 teams (when Pres finished well in SSFL) that did NOT have many Pres players.

Let the discussion continue.

This is a good point... I didn't follow the SSFL season that closely ((a) because St. Augustine was mediocre this season; b) because... well SSFL is shit, we need to revamp how we look at that competition) but where the school team finishes or how it plays isn't the most accurate gauge of a player's ability.  He still has to play with his team mates, and still within the confines of his coach's tactics and strategy.

That aside, I echo the comments by socalion and Zandolie in saying we need to guard against unnecessary criticism of the players... these are 15 and 16 year old teenagers after all. This isn't to say that there should be no criticism, but at that stage of their development, these players will benefit the most from constructive criticism.  Bashing them will likely only have the opposite desired effect.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »
T&T loosing 2-0 so far..

ah the one the ttff contacted ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
U-17s aim to bounce back versus Barbados.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 Men’s team will have it all to do when they face off with Barbados tomorrow from 5pm after suffering a 2-0 defeat to St Lucia in their opening match of the Caribbean Under 17 Finals at the Sylvio Cator Stadium, Port-Au-Prince on Sunday evening.

T&T conceded goals on either side of the half with Noah Nicholas putting St Lucia ahead in the 25th minute and furthering the lead in the 53rd. T&T missed a chance to level the scores when skipper Kareem Riley missed a penalty as his effort hit the upright before the break.

St Lucia’s second goal appeared doubtful when T&T goalkeeper Enrique Changiah was toppled over by a St Lucian but referee Dwight Royal allowed play to continue, presenting Nicholas with the opportunity to tap the ball into an unprotected net.

T&T head coach Shawn Cooper, said his team simply did not deliver on the evening.

“We had one too many players having a bad game and it shows that something wasn’t right for us this evening,” he told TTFA Media.

“Things went downhill after Kareem missed the penalty. St Lucia were not to be taken lightly. They were not the better team technically but they played the game with more passion and it worked in their favour.

“Our boys just did not have it in them tonight. Some of them cried after the match but we’ll pick it up from here for the two remaining group matches. I think we’ll bounce back against Barbados on Tuesday,” Cooper added.

Hosts Haiti defeated Barbados 2-0 in the second game of the double header.

The other group being contested in Haiti includes Jamaica, Cuba, Guadeloupe and Martinique.

The top two teams from each group plus the best second place finisher will advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Honduras in February from which four teams will advance to the 2015 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Chile.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:18:40 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
HALF-TIME: T&T U-17 leads Barbados 1-0. Goal scored by Anthony Herbert.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
GOAALLLLL! T&T U-17 take a 2-0 lead over Barbados early in the second half courtesy a penalty by Tekay Hoyce.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
GOAALLLLL! Dareem Daniel increases T&T U-17’s lead to 3-0 over Barbados.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
FINAL: T&T U-17 defeats Barbados 3-0 on goals by Anthony Herbert, Tekay Hoyce, and Dareem Daniel. T&T will now face host Haiti on Thursday, October 23rd at 7:30pm.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »
Well done Warriors

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2014, 05:41:43 PM »
Watch Haiti vs St Lucia now and T&T VS Haiti future game(s) here on this link:
http://www.totalmixradio.com/

Stroll at the bottom right and click  on TV monitor to watch games.
First half: Haiti 3 St Lucia 0,

4- 0 Second half
6-1(final) Haiti
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:43:29 PM by truehaitian »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »

Well done Young Warriors. Keep up the momentum and don't underestimate any other team in this tournament.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2014, 05:54:01 PM »
Watch Haiti vs St Lucia now and T&T future game(s) here on this link:

First half: Haiti 3 St Lucia 0

Thanks  :beermug:

I hope i can use this same stream for TnT future games in Haiti

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2014, 04:41:43 AM »
TT football from Seniors to Juniors is still un-predictable,something like Pakistan cricket,when they are good they are very,very good,when they are bad,they are awful.
Nice comeback anyway.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2014, 06:24:22 AM »
Watch Haiti vs St Lucia now and T&T VS Haiti future game(s) here on this link:

First half: Haiti 3 St Lucia 0,

4- 0 Second half
6-1(final) Haiti

Thanks for the link truehaitian  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »
T&T U-17s whip Bajans 3-0.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Under 17 footballers bounced back from their opening defeat to St Lucia, to whip Barbados 3-0 in the second group match of the Caribbean Under-17 final round tournament on Tuesday night at Sylvio Cator Stadium in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

Haiti thrashed St Lucia 6-1 in the other match to lead the standings with six points ahead of T&T (three points) and St Lucia (three points). T&T now have to beat hosts Haiti tonight to move on in the tournament.

Anthony Herbert gave T&T the start they needed with a 14th minute item and Tekay Hoyce then converted a 50th minute penalty before Dareem Daniel, with a ripper in the 77th minute, sealed the three points for T&T. Goalkeeper Enrique Changiah also made a double save to prevent a penalty attempt by St Lucia in added-on time.

T&T head coach Shawn Cooper said his players knew they had to come out firing to make up for the opening 2-0 loss to St Lucia on Sunday. “They knew they had to dig deep because of that loss on the opening day. We regrouped and the boys went out there and executed well tonight,” Cooper told TTFA Media. “There is still room for us to improve our play but the confidence is back and I think we can expect a really good contest against the hosts Haiti on Thursday,” he added.

T&T’s opening goal came when Shobal Celestine beat his man on the left flank and crossed into the box for Herbert to head past Barbados goalkeeper Kishar Primus. T&T controlled proceedings going into the half time interval and doubled their advantage when Hoyce converted the penalty after Sharkell Louison was brought down in the box after a surging run goalwards.

Daniel then made sure of the win with a fantastic effort as he curled a left footer over Primus into the top right corner of the goal. There were good performances for T&T from 14-year-old midfielder Isaiah Hudson, skipper Kareem Riley, Celestine, Herbert, Louison, Hoyce and Kendell Charles.

T&T line up: - 1. Enrique Changiah, 2. Sharkell Louison, 3. Keston Julien (17. Darnell Hospedales 79th) 4. Tekay Hoyce, 5.Kendell Charles, 6. Kareem Riley, 7. Isaiah Hudson, 8. Kierron Mason. , 9. Anthony Herbert (14. Travell Edwards 79th) 11.Shobal Celestine (10. Dareem Daniel 69th), 18. Nate Brooks.

Subs not used: - 12. John Michael Herrera, 13. Sherwin Noel, 15. Matthaeus Granger, 16 Jankeon Alexander 19. John Paul Rochford, 21. Levi Fernandez.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:50 AM »
If we beat Haiti and St. Lucia beat B'dos we'll have 3 teams on 6 points. What are the tiebreak deciders? Does anyone know?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »
Goal differences always come first in CFU. Haiti can still finish first with a lost depending on the outcome of both games

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »
If this is a Trinidad and Tobago National U17 team, does this mean that there are no players from Tobago that are good enough to make the squad?

Anyone know?

Given the past, tremendous talent has come out of Tobago including our most successful footballer EVER so this makes Tobago players absence even  stranger to me.   

I'm not saying it's impossible...everyone goes through their little "droughts"....but I'm really curious about this.   

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »
If this is a Trinidad and Tobago National U17 team, does this mean that there are no players from Tobago that are good enough to make the squad?

Anyone know?

Given the past, tremendous talent has come out of Tobago including our most successful footballer EVER so this makes Tobago players absence even  stranger to me.   

I'm not saying it's impossible...everyone goes through their little "droughts"....but I'm really curious about this.   

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light.

As I keep saying, our scouting is not comprehensive enough. Yes, money plays a part, but we could do much much better even with limited resources.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »
LIVE VIDEO STREAM: Haiti U-17 vs T&T U-17. Game in progress.
http://vaughnlive.tv/totalmixtv

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
GOAL (14’): Haiti U-17 take a 1-0 lead over T&T

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
score in the previous game ? any idea tallman ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
haiti looks so dangerous on the attack ..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:13 PM »
T&T: - 1.Enrique Changiah, 3.Keston Julien, 4.Tekay Hoyce, 6.Kareem Riley (capt), 7.Isaiah Hudson, 8.Kierron Mason, 9.Anthony Herbert, 11.Shobal Celestine, 10.Dareem Daniel, 15.Matthaeus Granger, 18.Nate Brooks.

Subs: - 2.Sharkell Louison, 5.Kendell Charles, 17.Darnell Hospedales, 12.John Michael Herrera, 14.Travell Edwards, 13.Sherwin Noel, 16.Jankeon Alexander, 19.John Paul Rochford, 21.Levi Fernandez.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:47:19 PM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »
score in the previous game ? any idea tallman ?

St. Lucia 1-1 Barbados. St. Lucia had to come from behind.

1]; } ?>