April 23, 2024, 07:50:50 PM

Author Topic: FIFA U17 World Cup 2015  (Read 98821 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CONCACAF Men's Under-17 Championship Thread.
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2015, 10:27:54 PM »
5 - 1 eh!!! Nice one Cooper. Way to motivate your players.
Just a couple days ago, nine Jamaican players were involved in a freak accident that could have cause them their lives and limbs, yet they were able to shake that off, put it behind them and focus on the task ahead. They just layeth the smacketh down on your candy ass.
That, Mr. Cooper, is what I call motivating your players. Pay Coach Edwards what you owe him.

President Tiny Toons, I finally understand the strategy behind the development program. Send a bunch of poorly trained, underprepared kids into a tournament to impale themselves on their own sword after they humiliate themselves on the battle field while suffering the indecency of being looked at as the girls of the tournament and then call it "a useful exercise" in preparation for the next u20 tournament. All of you associated with this current ttfa administration's reign should be shot with shit.

Mr. Cooper, if you and the idiots running the ttfa have any class and intelligence at all, you will apologize to these kids, to the parents of these kids and to the fans of the beautiful game for putting us through this absolutely humiliating experience. Where in the f#%king world did you get your coaching license? And why oh why, would you accept a job to lead a bunch of poorly trained and underprepared young men into battle? If the ttfa never pays you, don't complain.

You eh read, that Bakes say the TTFA successful in putting all we teams back on the field and have them not just competing but being competitive.

Read Nah man,

So according to alyuh just hand out money? Wasn't alyuh self calling for JW head? Get real fellas. This TFFA bunch is yet to show any kind of accountability or transparency. Go ahead and get caught up in ah next JW situation, then cry foul. Good luck with alyuh yes.

Doh worry Private investors lining up to assist this new group because they have plans, transparency and accountability all laid out. They receiving sponsorship hand over fist. Is Sancho who trying to stop all the money they bringing in.

So ow is Sancho to blame for The Women's National Team being sent to the US with $500? Is not the TTFA who make ah last minute request for support from the MoS? Yuh know why people does make last minute request to the government? Try find out.

Alyuh play politics and pick side while the chirren and them suffering.

You either playing de ass... or genuinely deluded.

1. Nobody saying there shouldn't be "transparency and accountability".  Just because we doh like the way Sancho going about doing things doesn't mean we don't want what's best for TnT football. That is the problem with too many ah allyuh, setting up this "either you are with us or against us" false dilemma.  The TTFA has a duty to present periodic accounts to its Executive Committee... which they have done.  They have no standing obligation to present accounts to any outside body, that includes the MoS and the public.  As a condition of receiving funds the MoS is entirely within its rights to request an accounting of funds given, and the TTFA can comply if they want the funding.  But it's not accurate to keep trotting out the same old lie that the TTFA isn't being transparent.

2. Sancho isn't to blame for the Women going to Houston without funding, and nobody said as much.  What Deeks said, and he's correct, is that the MoS continued to play politics with the funding.  Go back and read the discussion leading up to the Women's World Cup... again, yuh conveniently forgetting that it was the Ministry that was late coming thru with the money after the request was made well in advance, it wasn't no last-minute thing.  That is what they kept making it out to be... "the TTFA inept, they only coming with hat in hand last minute".

Meanwhile, inspite of the financial duress, internal moles and government intransigence, somehow the TTFA got every national team back to not only competing again, but actually being competitive on the field. Tell we again that they ent do nothing for local football... while yuh pardna Sancho counting he millions in tax payer money and singing like ah f**king canary for his supper on the PP campaign trail.  After all, he "believes" the vision of this thieving band of corrupt crooks.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2015, 06:09:01 AM »
FT   T&T 1   Jamaica 5

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping we salvaged points in this game and the one to come. At the very minimum, these players have received exposure on a higher stage. Let's harness that.

Also, I imagine some of them are suffering through the learning curve. We have to protect them in this as well. The work is not done when the final whistle blows in San Pedro Sula.

So wait nah - we youths are the only one who have ah learning curve? Steups  all the youth men and dem from the other countries on a. Straight pathway and we still lagging at the curves- why?

All teams, particularly youth teams, have a learning curve. Thing is ... each team is unique and not necessarily on the same "pathway" as others (opponents).

At the moment we are optimistically throwing good money (albeit very little of it) at ill-fated projects. None of this is structured development.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
I as do most want to see our teams at all levels compete and be successful. However, we ALL know the dysfunctional conditions at the TTFA and Ministry of Sports; the TTFA will not disclose its financials while the Ministry spent 200 million on LifeSPort. Sadly, in the backdrop of the poorest country in the Caribbean(Haiti) players having to provide support to the wealthiest country in the Caribbean(TnT) womens' football team we must send young Warriors to play U20 and U17 World Cup Qualifiers. The results speak not to just to TTFA, Ministry of Sports, the coaches but also to ALL of us. Whether we live in Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, USA, England, Germany or Mars we ALL have failed the 20 young men in Honduras. Part of our failure began when we became tribal, saying no foreign based players, only wanting players from Naps or Pres or W Connection. I give credit to the coaching staff for selecting foreign based players; I think we can all agree they brought quality and leadership to the squad.

The RESULTS in HONDURAS of our youth is our FAILURE to prepare them. We accept Jack Warner, we accept Tim Kee, we accept the coaching(good or bad), we accept that just a month ago 400,000 was passed in a car park, we accept TTFA not releasing financials, we accepted Minister two pull. Then we with no standards at all, expect our YOUTH to play at a high standard and bring national glory.

Our youth in HONDURAS were the WARRIORS, they were PATRIOTIC. They know better than most that they were not well prepared, they know better than us about the coaching BUT they agreed to go fight, train and do their best. When will the adults be PATRIOTIC, when will the adults be WARRIORS and show some standards of behavior and stop blaming everybody.

If we want change, we have to be the change.

I said it before, the boys of TnT  born in 1998 and 1999 have the potential to qualify for World Cups, the question is will the adults create an environment for them to succeed. Time will soon tell whether we waste another generation.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
Who select the keeper? Who select the squad?

Don't forget this team scrape through preliminary qualifiers as a best 3rd to reach this Concacaf level.

I know he did not get the best preparation etc but this man out of depth at this level and it will be a CRIME If he gets another crack at it in the future.... poor squad selection, zero balance, favouritism, outdated methods, another loud mouth bawling coach soldier fitness type run run run over modern technical football.

Enough is Enough.....Cooper HAS to go

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
I've said it countless times...our players are simply not good...period. Jose Mourinho could coach any of our teams from u12 to senior and the results wouldn't vary much. We do not have the talent.

Specifically referencing this u17 team, this team was selected from the SSFL and the TTProleague u16 competition of last season. This in itself is a huge problem.

One would imagine that if any player is considered to be the amongst the 20/25 best u17 players in the country, that player would at least be good enough to play for his club's u18/reserve team (as the TTProleague had it last season). This was not the case....if indeed there were a few players who were eligible for the u17 team and were playing in a higher and more competitive age group, then they were missed by whatever passes for scouting.

Imagine that a national football team that was preparing for an international competition is scooped from a sub par u16 local tournament....smh.

Toward the end of last year I saw with my very own eyes, 3 of the starting XI in the world cup qualifiers, play a SSFL U16 national semifinal. There may be nothing wrong with that in general, but for 3 youths who are preparing for international competition, of what benefit was that game? And I do not know if they played any school u16 games prior or after. Mind you the 3 players looked nothing like what I'd like to say national players should look like when playing against their peers.

Then we have about 75%(could be corrected) of the team from south...maybe south trinidad indeed has the better players, but it just seemed a bit odd to me.

Then during the qualifiers, the coach picks the same starting XI more or less....1st game licks, 2nd game licks, 3rd game licks....well oh gorm....change yuh team nah....smh

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Part of our failure began when we became tribal, saying no foreign based players, only wanting players from Naps or Pres or W Connection. I give credit to the coaching staff for selecting foreign based players;

Breds, this is far from the truth. We have been selecting foreign players not too long ago. Birchall being the most famous. There are some foreign-born who weigh their chances of playing for their birth country or their mother/father's country. But as standard have become higher and we in TT have lapsed, in some cases disastrously, our overseas born are there to choose. Some come willingly, others we have to "beg". The native born/foreign will always be there. It will not go away. Why allyuh don't ask Devisio Payne, the Dutch/US/Trini, why he would not play for TT. He gave his reason why he chose US. The women's team has a number of foreign born. Arin King comes to minds TF has Jarrin Solomon. Steve Brown was another one. What about Bobby Zamora. What about Nick Deleon. We waiting on them for the longest while.

The fact is, we MUST look at the home grown players. If we don't,  they will not want to play for TT if they know there is preferences for foreign born. There has to be a balance. Our U-17 has about 3 or 4 foreign born.  What is the issue here.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »
Part of our failure began when we became tribal, saying no foreign based players, only wanting players from Naps or Pres or W Connection. I give credit to the coaching staff for selecting foreign based players;

Breds, this is far from the truth. We have been selecting foreign players not too long ago. Birchall being the most famous. There are some foreign-born who weigh their chances of playing for their birth country or their mother/father's country. But as standard have become higher and we in TT have lapsed, in some cases disastrously, our overseas born are there to choose. Some come willingly, others we have to "beg". The native born/foreign will always be there. It will not go away. Why allyuh don't ask Devisio Payne, the Dutch/US/Trini, why he would not play for TT. He gave his reason why he chose US. The women's team has a number of foreign born. Arin King comes to minds TF has Jarrin Solomon. Steve Brown was another one. What about Bobby Zamora. What about Nick Deleon. We waiting on them for the longest while.

The fact is, we MUST look at the home grown players. If we don't,  they will not want to play for TT if they know there is preferences for foreign born. There has to be a balance. Our U-17 has about 3 or 4 foreign born.  What is the issue here.

You won't have to worry to much cause soon you will see less and less foreign born wanting to rep T&T.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »
You won't have to worry to much cause soon you will see less and less foreign born wanting to rep T&T.

Breds, that is not the point. I in foreign, and I wanted my son to try out as a yute, but some of the trials clashed with school so it never worked out. My son always wanted to play. But leaving in the middle of the semester did not go well with his mother. The fact is,  there will always be a place on the national team for  foreign born Trinis. The main problem is when they come to Trini, they encounter all the problems with TTFA and money. Lack of resources. etc. Sometimes their parents just have to shake their heads and wonder if they did the right thing.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
So Cooper going and take over the U15 Boys NT next?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
"We" in French, refers to a large, vaguely defined group. "We" have no standards, implies that you are a doctor of Sociology and Psychology and that you have first hand scientific, laboratory tested undisputable evidence to support your argument. On the other hand, if you are not of that elk, or, somehow, wishing that you were, please refrain from disrespecting some of the posters on this forum, including myself, until you have first hand, undisputed, lab tested knowledge that "we" don't have any standards. Until then, speak for yourself.
Now, this argument about foreign this and foreign that, comprising a certain percentage of the team is rendered null and void, because if the coach doesnt have the skills to produce positive results on the field of play with the hand he was dealt with, then all of that shit doesn't matter. Every team in the world of sports has a captain for a reason. That individual is there as an extension of the coach. Every player understands the game plan and buys into it. Every player is well prepared and knows his or her role. It's called teamwork. It's the coach's responsibility to optimize his genius to accumulate wins or positive results with the hand he was dealt with.
Case in point. Coach Waldrum, who basically volunteered his services, coached a young women's team within one game of qualifying for the world cup. With very little or no contributions from the degenerate ttfa, and no women's league or academy to speak of, and no development program in sight, he almost did the unthinkable. By the way, Coach Waldrum is a foreigner. Had he been in charge of this u17 team, given the similarities in conditions, and without the support of Jack Warner, one could only speculate what the results would have been. Just in case you want to misunderstand me, I am not saying Cornmeal and Vranes were genuises for qualifying their respective teams for the world cups, rather, what I am saying is they lucked out because Warner played a significant role in making it possible for those two coaches to qualify those teams for the world cup. Cornmeal was one and done and Vranes can prove me wrong in the upcoming CCL championship.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:19:26 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »
I don't know how effective this sounding board is...it seems to me it's more of a griping board where members gripe about the state of football.

There are some members who try to make observations, identify problems and try to put forth real solutions. Most members try  their hardest to express their frustration without really trying to make an assessment of the problems in order to come to some meaningful solution.

This board should serve as a powerful weapon ,  as well as a tool; it should be  place of resource because their are many members with experience and  real knowledge.

From my observation there are few die hard members who seems to have the power to douse the
flames of dissent by coming out in support for the status quo regardless.

It doesn't matter if it is abusive coaches, coaches who lack real insight, poor planning, coaches who are negligent, incompetent coaches and or staff, sexual impropriety,and the list goes on..these members would sneak in their support with subliminal messages thereby quelling any possibilities for mutiny.

I notice that this is the standard operating procedure for this site.

Reasonable thinkers ...which most of us are..would try to make sense of a situation before us and try to locate the resources in order to find the appropriate solution.

There is a stark problem before us. Youth football is the most important area in football. Our ( your) youth program at present is not in good hands (National Teams)...it is time to make a change.

My recommendation is to recruit qualified coaches with experience in player development with DOC credentials. What are your recommendations?

This would require actually hiring and paying this individual..there are many qualified candidates ..many of them are overseas.

There are potential candidates in Trindad as well ..I can think of a few who will, at least have a better relationship with the players , which goes a long way in  getting  the best out of them.

This coach cannot get the best out of any player on any level because the players don't trust him.?

What would you recommend for the future of your National Team? More of the same?... or better?

I choose the latter because  better comes with taking a chance on real meaniful change.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »
3 of the jamaica goals were very lucky. The first one, and the third and fourth.  2-1 would have still been a loss though.
Some bad defending from T&T.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »
Nothing I could say that makes any real sense could stimulate any real discussion or intelligent feedback from the members on this forum ..a person must be skilled at griping, pecong, negative comments and personal attacks ...thus the mentality of the Trini.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »
Its obvious that some of us don't like the truth, so much so that they want to know if I have a Phd. Why this is relevant to determine whether I can determine we don't have standards is yet to be stated. However, I am happy to see others like Coache getting to the heart of the matter while others pick out issues about foreign players which was not the point. I referenced foreign players relative to the Naps and Pres comments preferences as an equivalent to an international standard.

Those who don't agree with me, please tell me what our Football standards are for:

1. Coaching-minimum requirements for education, playing and experience
2. Team Manageer-minimum requirements education and experience
3. Physio-education and football specific training program sample for 12 month inclusive of recovery
4. Nutritionist - education,training and provision of sample nutritional annual program for players

What exactly are the qualification/standards required at TTFA:

1. President
2. General Secretary
3. What are requirements for JOMA, our kit sponsor?
4. What is the TTFA 20 year development plan?
5. What is the Ministry of SPort Development Plan
6. Do we have a TTFA formation that all youth teams play? Most Federations play 4-3-3.

Since its not my desire to insult anyone on this forum, I ask for specifics on the items above. As passionate advocates for football we have to be able to answer these questions and many more. If we can't then we don't have and don't know our standards. It might be painful to accept but the Women's coach showed what could be accomplished with standards regardless of TTFA support.

So let's be laser focused on talking about our STANDARDS, no distractions. SO WHAT ARE OUR FOOTBALL STANDARDS?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:19 PM »
Thank You Tobago28 I await responses to your questions which are some of the most relevant questions pertaining to our football.

Becareful Tobago because you are walking on thin ice with the members this forum and could bring serious harm to your credibility by endorsing any of my statements.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
And so it goes nobody else has nothing more to say on the subject...it is dead ..back to business as usual maintaining the status quo.

I have no doubt in my mind that this site is run by the TTFF itself for the sole purpose of Mamagism, a place for griping, venting frustration, and giving  a false sense of hope..the end result ..love your country despite her deficiencies and short comings..wave yuh flag..get yuh rag...wave something red white and black..doh worry wid dem..who go be in de stadium tonite I have a flag dat is 300yds  x 1000yds I need help to unfurl it so we can wave it with pride .

Dat's what dis forum is for..a place to talk about how much woman get bull ..how much Trini like fete..how we like a panorama side ..puttin een de final piece de night before de final..

All yuh rel good oui ..and allyuh want to say I dis an I dat...you all are not serious people...it's a tragedy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »
Cheese on bread... coache, here dred

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »
Its obvious that some of us don't like the truth, so much so that they want to know if I have a Phd. Why this is relevant to determine whether I can determine we don't have standards is yet to be stated. However, I am happy to see others like Coache getting to the heart of the matter while others pick out issues about foreign players which was not the point. I referenced foreign players relative to the Naps and Pres comments preferences as an equivalent to an international standard.

Those who don't agree with me, please tell me what our Football standards are for:

3. Physio-education and football specific training program sample for 12 month inclusive of recovery
4. Nutritionist - education,training and provision of sample nutritional annual program for players

1. President
2. General Secretary
6. Do we have a TTFA formation that all youth teams play? Most Federations play 4-3-3.

Since its not my desire to insult anyone on this forum, I ask for specifics on the items above. As passionate advocates for football we have to be able to answer these questions and many more. If we can't then we don't have and don't know our standards. It might be painful to accept but the Women's coach showed what could be accomplished with standards regardless of TTFA support.

So let's be laser focused on talking about our STANDARDS, no distractions. SO WHAT ARE OUR FOOTBALL STANDARDS?

From the esteemed General Secretary....

General Secretary embraces lyrically with SWO members - Part II
By Inshan Mohammed.

elan

What are your criteria (experience, coaching licenses, education, etc) for selecting youth coaches for NT positions?
A history of winning and players thriving under their guidance.

Have you all developed a plan/program which will give us a better opportunity to qualify for Youth WC which will eventually lead to a greater chance of qualifying at the senior WC? Has anyone presented a plan to the FA?
Yes, we developed a plan called Project 2018 that establishes a goal of having every national team qualify for at least one FIFA tournament by 2018.  A budget has been submitted to the ministry and we are working with them and other prospective commercial partners to establish year round programs and finishing the GOAL project so the teams will have a home to prepare for their competitions and develop players. 

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »
This proves that this site is the sounding board of the TTFF.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »
Actually, I think they should be announcing a technical director soon.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »

I disagree. Some of us(like myself) are giving TTFA a bit of a leeway for now, given the circumstances that they inherited. Some have no intention of doing that. Some want them out immediately. I can understand and accept all the points of view. But to say we are a sounding board for them is not true.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:41 AM »
3 of the jamaica goals were very lucky. The first one, and the third and fourth.  2-1 would have still been a loss though.

You make your own luck in football. I am sure you saw that goal Kaka scored for Orlando bs NY city.... pure luck, but would not have happened without Kaka's taking a shot in the first place.  You get what I'm saying

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »

You make your own luck in football. I am sure you saw that goal Kaka scored for Orlando bs NY city.... pure luck, but would not have happened without Kaka's taking a shot in the first place.  You get what I'm saying

Agree!!!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
Here's the reality  jamaica  won,  it's that simple ... by extentsion  i wish them the best in their aim to get to the world cup ..!!  best wishes  to the  R/Boyz...

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »
I wanted to get a better understanding of the significance of this final game between Cuba and T&T to see who had more at stake as far as the development of the game in their respective countries was concerned and the intangible\tangible factors affecting them either positively or negatively.
You know they say when you think you have it bad, your next door neighbor has it worse. Well, Cuba is not exactly next door neighbors but literally speaking they can be considered just that - neighbors. They happen to be, arguably, the largest Caribbean nation in the region, population wise, and the first Caribbean country to play in a FIFA sponsored World Cup. Yeah, that distinction belongs to Cuba and not Jamaica. But later on that fact. Anyway, this is a little history on Cuba and football in that big little Caribbean nation, if you will:

From BBC News, Havana, Cuba - Euro 2012 football fever hits baseball-loving Cuba. By Sarah Rainsford

"Support for football has grown a lot among young Cubans in recent years," "It's a football revolution," says student Manuel Alejandro "There are more fans here every day. Euro 2012 has had people glued to their TV sets across the island."

"We're not just following the championship, it has paralysed Cuba. All young Cubans are watching and they know every detail," says Carlos Mendez. The taxi driver is head of Cuba's very own fan club for Spanish club Barcelona's star striker, Lionel Messi. His Havana home is plastered with pictures of the player.

It is illegal to have satellite TV at home here, but state TV is carrying the championship live and it is on screens in bars, homes, even supermarkets. "Since they started showing football on TV here, support for the game has been growing. Now it is a passion," Carlos says. Baseball is on TV every day during the National Series. But it was not until 1998 that a football World Cup was screened live.

Now El Clasico - the Real Madrid-Barcelona clash in Spain - is shown live too, and one European league game is chosen for rebroadcast every week. There are still problems: if state TV is not showing a "Barca" (Barcelona) match, he has to run around Havana's hotels trying to catch it on satellite. But at least he can now get in. Cubans were not allowed to enter hotels until 2008.

While passion for international football is mounting, the domestic game lags far behind.

Football enthusiasts know very little about Cuban league teams. Travelling between provinces to matches costs money and is complicated. There is little media coverage, and even the Cup final is not televised. "I watch every Barcelona match, but I've never been to see Havana play," admits Carlos Mendez, and his Messi fan club friends all agree. "I just don't follow them. It's not the same quality."
Havana's main football stadium is a neglected, sorry-looking place, its facade faded and its rough pitch covered in long grass better suited to Sunday league football than international fixtures.

Cuba has not made it to a World Cup since 1938.

Still, when the national side took on Canada in a recent World Cup qualifier to try to change that, a few thousand hopeful fans turned out, faces painted, flags and hooters in hand. "We have more success in baseball and boxing. I think our footballers could do the same, they just need the opportunities," said Jose Gomez, wrapped in a Barcelona flag.

"And if they can't play in foreign leagues, they will never get better," he added.

Professional football, like all sport, was abolished in Cuba with the revolution.

"Our pitches are bad, there are no good trainers. The team has to take public transport while baseball players get cars," says another fan, Yosef Borraya.

"If one day they start getting results they'll suddenly get everything they need. But that's the wrong way round!" he complains.

Those in charge of the game here accept there are problems.

"Our football pitches and stadiums need improving for official competitions. And we need to work from the bottom up with young players," says Antonio Garces Segura, vice president of Cuba's Football Association. Meantime, there is no denying Cuba's enduring passion for baseball.
Cuban children play baseball. Baseball is still entrenched as Cuba's national sport

Every day, a group of men lock horns in furious debate under the shade of palm-trees in a central Havana square.

It looks like a fight from a distance, with voices raised and arms waving wildly. But the men are discussing the latest game.

"There's no tradition of football here," one man explains, in a break in the shouting match. "We've been playing baseball for generations."

They say the sport runs in their blood.

But what if a big ball game and El Clasico match were both scheduled for the same day?

"People of my age would go to the baseball," says Gilberto, in his 60s. "But the young would watch the football," he laughs.

It is a big swing in allegiance.

Cuba's national sport still gets most of the official attention and funding.

But when it comes to luring fans, football has emerged as a strong competitor.

This final game between these two Caribbean nations is not just about pride but it is about two football programs going in two different directions. Both trying to claim a spot in the next FIFA sponsored World Cup. This game will reveal a whole lot about each.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:02:33 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »

1. President
2. General Secretary

By Inshan Mohammed.

elan

What are your criteria (experience, coaching licenses, education, etc) for selecting youth coaches for NT positions?

Have you all developed a plan/program which will give us a better opportunity to qualify for Youth WC which will eventually lead to a greater chance of qualifying at the senior WC? Has anyone presented a plan to the FA?
Yes, we developed a plan called Project 2018 that establishes a goal of having every national team qualify for at least one FIFA tournament by 2018.  A budget has been submitted to the ministry and we are working with them and other prospective commercial partners to establish year round programs and finishing the GOAL project so the teams will have a home to prepare for their competitions and develop players. 

Elan-When was that statement made? Has anyone seen a copy Project 2018? Why is it not on the TTFA website? What is the follow up?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
Here's the reality  jamaica  won,  it's that simple ... by extentsion  i wish them the best in their aim to get to the world cup ..!!  best wishes  to the  R/Boyz...

Best Wishes to Jamaica tonight, I will be supporting 1000%. A Jamaican win will put the USA in the playoff and Honduras beating Guatemala will automatically qualify.

GO ReggaeBoyz

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »

I disagree. Some of us(like myself) are giving TTFA a bit of a leeway for now, given the circumstances that they inherited. Some have no intention of doing that. Some want them out immediately. I can understand and accept all the points of view. But to say we are a sounding board for them is not true.

Deeks-I agree they inherited a mess BUT? Weren't many of these same folks there during the TTFF? So is this really an inheritance when the same folks are still there?

Whether its an inheritance or not, people have to perform or MOVE ON. They need sponsorship but this car park money switch erode any confidence corporations were beginning to develop  in the TTFA. Corporations want their brand associated with integrity, quality and winners at present the TTFA does not add value to a corporate brand. The reality is no corporation sponsored Eldrick Woods but when he became TIGER Woods he could not stop the sponsors, he had a small challenge with his wife so sponsors left. Many of them have flowed back to Tiger though he has not dominated. The point is corporations want to protect their brand and TTFA sponsorship currently will not benefit anyone's brand.

We the FOOTBALL FANATICS are desperate to associate with TTFA and our NATIONAL FOOTBALL, however it would appear that the TTFA does not want us.

Time waits for no one.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »

1. President
2. General Secretary

By Inshan Mohammed.

elan

Elan-When was that statement made? Has anyone seen a copy Project 2018? Why is it not on the TTFA website? What is the follow up?

November 20th 2014.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »

Deeks-I agree they inherited a mess BUT? Weren't many of these same folks there during the TTFF? So is this really an inheritance when the same folks are still there?

Whether its an inheritance or not, people have to perform or MOVE ON. They need sponsorship but this car park money switch erode any confidence corporations were beginning to develop  in the TTFA. Corporations want their brand associated with integrity, quality and winners at present the TTFA does not add value to a corporate brand. The reality is no corporation sponsored Eldrick Woods but when he became TIGER Woods he could not stop the sponsors, he had a small challenge with his wife so sponsors left. Many of them have flowed back to Tiger though he has not dominated. The point is corporations want to protect their brand and TTFA sponsorship currently will not benefit anyone's brand.

We the FOOTBALL FANATICS are desperate to associate with TTFA and our NATIONAL FOOTBALL, however it would appear that the TTFA does not want us.

Time waits for no one.

We is the problem, not the TTFA. See for some crazy reason we expect too much from the FA. As a matter of fact, we are crazy for expecting anything from the TTFA.

After all, ALL our team are out on the field, not just competing, but being Competitive. Is that not Performance from the TTFA?

:'(

1]; } ?>