March 28, 2024, 11:37:39 AM

Author Topic: Jonathan Glenn Thread  (Read 29553 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Glenn
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »
Well done Glenn!!! Keep it up.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2015, 08:12:49 AM »
Glenn, people watching. Keep on bussin' de net and stay fit for our qualifiers coming up soon.
BraveHart will be calling again as he watches your performance stats.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2015, 09:13:15 AM »
Since the start of this thread, (July last year) Glenn has found more supporters rallying to his cause. Keep the goals coming and that base will grow. :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 04:56:48 AM »
In the current edition of FourFourTwo, there's an article about the Icelandic league. If you read it, you'll get a sense about the quality of player Glenn and Adams face. The league has become a home (temporary and permanent) for players who were involved with very accomplished clubs. Very technical players who couldn't secure transition from the reserve team to the first team.

One could argue that being in Iceland is also a testament to character because the weather conditions can be harsh --- despite an otherwise good quality of life.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »
Huge opportunity for Glenn. Plaza hasn't really impressed me for us or with Central in the champions league. He has a chance to solidify himself as the #2 behind KJ.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Saint Leo University alum, Jonathan Glenn, makes impact on international level
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
Saint Leo University alum, Jonathan Glenn, makes impact on international level
saintleolions.com

Saint Leo Athletics caught up with former SLU men's soccer player Jonathan Glenn, who wore the green and gold from 2007-10. In his first start his national team, Trinidad and Tobago, Glenn scored his first international goal for, on Sept. 4, against Mexico in a friendly in Sandy, Utah.  This was Glenn's third cap for Trinidad and Tobago, having come in as a sub in the Caribbean Cup back in November 2014.

Let's start with your time at Saint Leo, what was your favorite part about Saint Leo?

JG: I wish I had one specific thing to point to but to be honest the entire experience impacted my life. The community-like atmosphere of the campus and the accessibility of faculty and staff is something that I would never forget along with the opportunity to play college soccer created some of the best memories of my life. However, I must say as cliché as this sounds, those core values that are engrained from day one really imprint on you without even realizing it. I didn't realize this until after I graduated and looked back on those four years realizing how much I had changed as a person. This was really satisfying for me and really gave me the confidence to go after my goals in life.

Now on to your current gig as a member of the Trinidad and Tobago national team, how does it make you feel to represent your nation on a world level?

JG: It a fantastic feeling to represent my country. This is something that I've dreamed about growing up and only few people are ever fortunate enough to be selected. It's very special to me and I want to make the most of it for myself and my country.

When you scored your goal against Mexico, what kind of emotions did you have?

JG: During the game I felt happy but it was the normal emotions I get after I score. I guess my body was in game mode. However, after the game I was on Cloud Nine. I must have replayed that goal in my phone 100 times and didn't sleep all night, lying awake with a smile on my face.

What are your ultimate goals for your career?

JG: To have a successful professional career and help take Trinidad and Tobago to the 2018 World Cup.

What has been your favorite moment while representing Trinidad and Tobago?

JG: Going to the Gold Cup was an amazing experience, but on a personal level, my performance in the Mexico game is definitely my favorite thus far.

Glenn finished his Saint Leo career ranked in the top-5 in SLU history in goals, points and shots. He scored 41 goals, registered 94 points, and took the second-most shots all-time at 251.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »
Good stuff.

Good player.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 02:55:14 AM »
Glenn: Warriors prepared for tough World Cup quest
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Just like Stern John did on his starting debut for T&T, newly installed “Soca Warriors” striker Jonathan Glenn netted in his first appearance in T&T’s recent 3-3 draw with Mexico in Salt Lake City.

Glenn, who plies his trade in the Iceland premier division, waited patiently on the opportunity from Stephen Hart to take the pitch after looking on from the sidelines during all of T&T’s matches at the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup. He also saw just a few minutes on the field in the 2014 Caribbean Cup Finals in Jamaica.

But his patience and persistence paid off as his opening goal and his determination in the box which led to T&T’s second goal by Keron Cummings, has certainly brought him around as valuable addition to Hart’s attacking options.

“He’s done well. Actually he was very good for us in the Mexico game. His work rate was ideal and he came in to the team and showed us that he really wants to be part of the effort going forward which is a plus for the team,” Hart said.

T&T faces Panama on October 8 in Panama City in a training match ahead of the November 13 opening World Cup qualifier against Guatemala. Glenn was thrilled to play his part against “El Tri” earlier this month but he knows that the battle will only intensify from here on.

“It was great to start and help the team do well against Mexico. We knew we had to keep playing because they are a team that would come right back at you. And this is something that I think is good for us in terms of developing that habit of playing because we will have more games like these in the qualifiers,” Glenn said.

“It’s a long campaign ahead and we’ll be needing to get results on the road as well if we are to stand a chance of qualifying.  The upcoming games are crucial but I think each player is understanding his role more and the chemistry in the squad is developing more every time we come together.

“I think once we can take care of things off the field and get the right kind of preparation, then we as players in the team will have all the reasons to know our efforts will need to be big on the pitch. I have no fears or doubts that we will prove to be strong in the qualifiers and push on for the duration of the campaign.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »
WATCH: Jonathan Glenn scores a goal in Breiðablik’s 2-1 win over FH

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/M0mrrZ70v4Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/M0mrrZ70v4Y</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2015, 06:07:38 AM »
Just be ready, Breds, just be ready!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2015, 06:31:19 AM »
Like this youth, bigger and better to come  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
Jonathan Glenn may be on his way to Norwegian Premier League club, Lillestrøm SK.
http://www.visir.is/jonathan-glenn-liklega-a-leid-til-lillestrom/article/2015150929335

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2015, 07:50:11 AM »
Jonathan Glenn may be on his way to Norwegian Premier League club, Lillestrøm SK.
http://www.visir.is/jonathan-glenn-liklega-a-leid-til-lillestrom/article/2015150929335

Hope it works out. That would be a step up. All the best Glenn.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »

Hope it works out. That would be a step up. All the best Glenn.

All the best. Then after Norway, Man Boo.    ;D

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
Jonathan Glenn received a two-match ban after being shown a red card in Breiðablik’s last game of the 2015 season against UMF Fjölni. Glenn claimed that he only lashed out at Fjölni defender, Jonatan Neftalí, because Neftalí repeatedly pulled his ear. Glenn’s ban will take effect at the beginning of the 2016 Icelandic Premier League season.
http://www.visir.is/arnar-og-glenn-byrja-naesta-timabil-i-tveggja-leikja-banni/article/2015151009149

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
Jonathan Glenn poses with the 2015 Icelandic Premier League’s Silver Boot Award. Glenn scored 12 goals (8 for Breiðablik and 4 for IBV). This is his second consecutive Silver Boot Award.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2015, 07:01:04 AM »
WATCH: All of Jonathan Glenn’s goals scored so far in 2015. Twelve in the Icelandic Premier League and one for Trinidad and Tobago.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uWfT7EaAViY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uWfT7EaAViY</a>

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »
any update on his potential move to Norway?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
any update on his potential move to Norway?

Or potential move to Man Boo!!!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
Forward Jonathan Glenn is currently on trial at Norwegian Premier League club, Lillestrøm SK. Lillestrøm’s Assistant Coach, Sigurður Ragnar Eyjólfsson, was Glenn’s manager at IBV Vestmannaeyjar in 2014.
http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/lillestroem/her-blir-haugesund-utspilt-av-lsk/a/23544791/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
Good Luck, dred!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
Bodes well ...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2015, 05:24:13 AM »
I wish coach Hart had experimented wit the 442 or a 433 a bit more...we can be so potent when attacking! What I've noticed is that a lot of times we have space upfront but no one to pass to... And if he doesn't then the attacking miss to to move forward as the ball moves forward to create shooting chances!

Good luck Glen!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2015, 06:12:06 AM »
I wish coach Hart had experimented wit the 442 or a 433 a bit more...we can be so potent when attacking! What I've noticed is that a lot of times we have space upfront but no one to pass to... And if he doesn't then the attacking miss to to move forward as the ball moves forward to create shooting chances!

Good luck Glen!

was never a fan of us playing a straight 442 we tended to get isolated in our zones and and the midfield would get cut out the game.....I can however say if anyone could get us playing 442 effectively it might well be Hart, but it well take time especially if is ah lopsided 442 like he try with Panama
I pity the fool....

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »

Good luck Glen!

was never a fan of us playing a straight 442 we tended to get isolated in our zones and and the midfield would get cut out the game.....I can however say if anyone could get us playing 442 effectively it might well be Hart, but it well take time especially if is ah lopsided 442 like he try with Panama

Good luck Glen!

In the Panama game we created alottttt of chances in the first half using the 442 in the first half...it was just squandered...Cummings and jones move like greedy men...glen was very busy in that first half with very intelligent movement setting up attempts...but Cummings and jones just attempted the half chance instead of passing the ball...even that bullet jones score...look at glen flick and movement...smart...if kj didn't buss that net I sure glen woulda cuss him...before that opportunity tho there was another neat one from glen and jones took the chance instead of just passing...

So as to reiterate...we could be deadly with it...but I don't think we played that formation enough for the teams comfort! But glen and jones up top is a commanding duo to terrorize defences!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2015, 09:18:34 AM »

Good luck Glen!

Good luck Glen!

In the Panama game we created alottttt of chances in the first half using the 442 in the first half...it was just squandered...Cummings and jones move like greedy men...glen was very busy in that first half with very intelligent movement setting up attempts...but Cummings and jones just attempted the half chance instead of passing the ball...even that bullet jones score...look at glen flick and movement...smart...if kj didn't buss that net I sure glen woulda cuss him...before that opportunity tho there was another neat one from glen and jones took the chance instead of just passing...

So as to reiterate...we could be deadly with it...but I don't think we played that formation enough for the teams comfort! But glen and jones up top is a commanding duo to terrorize defences!

nah I not fightin yuh dong yuh know...I jus sayin dat in the past 442 resulted in unintelligent boom kick football and zonal isolation, none of which I saw versus panama, so I saw hope for us in dat format :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »

Good luck Glen!

Good luck Glen!

nah I not fightin yuh dong yuh know...I jus sayin dat in the past 442 resulted in unintelligent boom kick football and zonal isolation, none of which I saw versus panama, so I saw hope for us in dat format :beermug:

Yea man! I agree!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »
So I take it things didn't work out at the Norwegian Premier League?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
Jonathan Glenn is on trial at Hungarian club, Szombathelyi Haladás.
http://vaol.hu/haladas/trinidad-es-tobagoi-csatar-a-haladasnal-1736323

1]; } ?>