March 29, 2024, 05:50:15 AM

Author Topic: Tribute to the Founding Father Thread  (Read 689 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Tribute to the Founding Father Thread
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:14 AM »
Not sure if there is a thread already dedicated to the late founding father of Trinidad & Tobago who took us to Independence so I have created this one.

Dr. Keith Rowley Address at the 34th Anniversary Memorial of the late Dr. Eric Williams
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFhDw3FpjFU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hFhDw3FpjFU</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Tribute to the Founding Father Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
120% endorse this tribute- who vex they vex . I have come to the conclusion that incessant ignorance is evident judging by how some folks chose to defend vile contagious corruption in present day ministers and come hell or high water, they voting base on racial sentiments.
Review the founder's political party's composition- review the composition of the DLP at the time? Review the respective agendas at the time. I am not saying that there was an absence of malice during some periods os leadership. My point is that never have I seen a party like that is in power today, rely so much on dividing public sentiments with propaganda to stir up ethnic strife. Never before have there been such an imbalance in  public office throughout Trinidad- blatant placement of specific ethnicity in positions to procure rule is a dangerous precedent permeating the political landscape.

It is a shame today that folks see race before they cast ah vote for principles ethics and morals.  The psychology would dictate that if the masses see that our ministers and leaders engaging in corruption, and that most are taking positions or office to procure "ah food" then it is no wonder that this MO has become rampant and acceptable in our society today.

If we could have a leader to stand up against the ills that prevail and show zero tolerance for these ills we may be. On track to the earlier ideals and principles of our founding father.IMHO
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:21:07 AM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>