March 28, 2024, 09:47:01 AM

Author Topic: Scholarships again for 5 SKHY FC members.  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Scholarships again for 5 SKHY FC members.
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
Scholarships again for 5 SKHY FC members.
SKHY FC Press Release.

We wish to say Bon Voyage to our members who have received scholarships in the USA to further their education. This year we will see five of them travelling to different schools across the USA, by the first week in August.

The five are William Ward, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey; Rashad Hyacenth, Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee; Dominic Jangoo, University of Moblie, Prichard, Alabama; Brendon Creed, Temple University, Philadelphia and Myles Yorke, George Mason University, Fairfax County, Virginia. Last but not least, we also have Akhil Noel, who will be returning for his sophomore year at Columbia College in Missouri.

These guys have grown up within our club system and we are proud, happy and a bit sad to see them leave. It’s like a mother and father, who have their children suddenly flying off to distance lands, across the vast ocean, after all those years at home from birth being nurtured.

Most of them have been in our club system since they were four and five years old. We have witnessed them grow and develop into excellent young men, who we know will represent their families and country to the highest degree.

The club realized that members must be able to showcase their football skills to the world, whereby, allowing players to be seen by college and professional scouts. All of these young gentlemen were seen at the Dallas Cup over the years, a tournament in which the Club participated every year since 2007, in Dallas, Texas.

The club has also, in the last two years, participated in the Open Cup in Alabama, a tournament gaining similar status as the Dallas Cup. At these tournaments our players can be seen by coaches from different universities while competing against some of the best club teams across the globe. At these tournaments, we will continue to be represented every year. God’s willing!

Good luck gentlemen, best wishes from all of the SKHY family. May you bring honour to yourselves, your family and your country. Remember what the task that lies ahead of you is about. Education!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:46:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships again for 5 SKHY FC members.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »
5 players from a single club/academy is something to be proud of, well done to all involved :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
9 form PFA gain football scholarships.

The Premier Football Academy is proud to announce that 9 student- athletes associated with its academy and scholarship program have received and accepted scholarships to United States colleges and universities for the 2014-15 school year.

The student- athletes are;

Rashard Hyacinth (Belmont University, Tennessee), Shaquille Holder (Darton College, Georgia), Myles Yorke (George Mason University, Virginia), Shaquille Huggins (Quinnipiac College, Connecticut), Johnathan Cruickshank (Virginia Tech University, Virginia), Nikolai Solomon (Bluefield College, Virginia), Joel Superville (Felician College, New Jersey), Astral Edwards (Lasalle University, Pennsylvania), and Adrian Welch (St John’s University, New York).

The management and staff would like to extend their congratulations to the young men and wish them all good luck and great success in pursuing their dreams.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »
 :applause: Excellent stuff!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
More positive news. Congratulations to the players and coaches involved.

I note that both PFA and SKHY are mentioning Rashard Hyacinth (Belmont University, Tennessee)!!

That's 14 youngsters to keep an eye on for the future.  :applause:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
Nice. Good job looking out for the kids. Words of wisdom to the wise. Take advantage of the educational opportunity so that you have it if you should need it to fall back on. Success comes a little easier for those who prepare for it.

Yo, Amwood where you at. You' re up next, bro.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
Congrats to all the young men. Well done SKHY. Any ladies??

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »
Nice. Good job looking out for the kids. Words of wisdom to the wise. Take advantage of the educational opportunity so that you have it if you should need it to fall back on. Success comes a little easier for those who prepare for it.

Yo, Amwood where you at. You' re up next, bro.

LOL! Man putting us on point boi... We organized two "full rides" for two guys from Presentation and there is another another player from NAPS that has been offered a "full ride" who will leave hopefully in Spring 2015 after the SSFL season (a new trend with Colleges in the States now). These guys were/are not our players of-course as our oldest academy players are 14. These scholarship were based solely on recommendations. But it's great to see that so many players have recieved the opportunity to go outside. Ah feel we all need to do a bit of work letting some of these youths know the difference between some of the Universities out there....there is a players just signed with Central who was sent to a school in Texas - he didn't last a year over there because it just was not a good fit. This kid at the right school could have been a certain MLS prospect after two years, maybe a Generation Adidas type player. Instead, it looks like he could not wait to come back to Trini based on his experience outside. That said, its still excellent that there are men down here working on behalf of young Trini players to help them get something foreign - I say that because there is no transfer fee in sending guys to University lol! Its a labour of love and these men should be commended. Respect!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »
Rashard Hyacinth (Belmont University, Tennessee), Shaquille Holder (Darton College, Georgia), Myles Yorke (George Mason University, Virginia), Shaquille Huggins (Quinnipiac College, Connecticut), Johnathan Cruickshank (Virginia Tech University, Virginia), Nikolai Solomon (Bluefield College, Virginia), Joel Superville (Felician College, New Jersey), Astral Edwards (Lasalle University, Pennsylvania), and Adrian Welch (St John’s University, New York).

Former national player, Stephen Cruickshank, is his brother.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Narada

• New Warrior
  • Football is a science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
Rashard Hyacinth (Belmont University, Tennessee), Nikolai Solomon (Bluefield College, Virginia), Joel Superville (Felician College, New Jersey), William Ward, (New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, New Jersey); Dominic Jangoo,(University of Moblie, Prichard, Alabama); Brendon Creed, (Temple University, Philadelphia) and Akhil Noel, who will be returning for his sophomore year at Columbia College in Missouri.

The batch before them and the batch to come after them all great player with sound educational backgrounds and solid family support. I had the pleasure of coaching these lads for a year at SKHY before leaving on scholarship years back. Excellent by all involved, 4 more years of competitive football at a higher level and with the cultural experience to assist with maturity. 2018 and 2022 CAN be promising.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 07:08:24 AM »
Yes, Amwood...  You couldn't have said it more appropriately.  There are schools and there are "schools".  Fortunately, my contacts are D1 only and I only sending men to people that I know would look after them.  You and I both know if you in the wrong situation it could go down hill pretty quickly.  I'd say my first year experience was tough but luckily I had a good mentor that I could lean on.  "Fit" is a massive issue.  Kids also need to understand that a scholarship is almost like a pro contract in that it is a business.  They need you and you need them.  It is renewable on a year to year basis, thus, this 4 year thing is not truly a reality. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:09:58 AM by Arimaman »
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Narada

• New Warrior
  • Football is a science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 09:07:02 AM »
Will I do understand there are schools and ''schools''. I prefer to say there is education full-stop. D1 D2 whatever the division, state, country because my scholarship was to a Brazilian University. Young players in Trinidad don't have the comfort of turning pro at 18. They can but salaries and development would be limited.  Clubs have on numerous occasions brought foreign coaches from all sorts of top clubs in the world but have we seen any player go onto said clubs in the last 15 years?. I agree there are hardships but i choose to look at the reality and go with stats, the number of players heading to these schools and completing 4 years and leaving with a degree, enjoying 4 more years of football and coming back with positive life experiences is way higher than those that don't adapt well or are unsuccessful (yes other factors do play a part) But this is the most successful option.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
Congratulations to the players, dedicated coaches , management and parents who are providing positive avenues and seeking opportunities for our youth, and a nation as a whole- all without Life Support funding.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 06:42:14 AM »
Will I do understand there are schools and ''schools''. I prefer to say there is education full-stop. D1 D2 whatever the division, state, country because my scholarship was to a Brazilian University. Young players in Trinidad don't have the comfort of turning pro at 18. They can but salaries and development would be limited.  Clubs have on numerous occasions brought foreign coaches from all sorts of top clubs in the world but have we seen any player go onto said clubs in the last 15 years?. I agree there are hardships but i choose to look at the reality and go with stats, the number of players heading to these schools and completing 4 years and leaving with a degree, enjoying 4 more years of football and coming back with positive life experiences is way higher than those that don't adapt well or are unsuccessful (yes other factors do play a part) But this is the most successful option.
  I don't disagree with you in totality but you have to look at it as whether the kid will be successful (whether academically or athletically).  It's not that simple but hey, I understand your perspective.
Arimian to meh heart

1]; } ?>