March 28, 2024, 07:55:27 AM

Author Topic: Acting PC  (Read 757 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Acting PC
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:30 AM »
Poop or get of the pot- what does it take to find a legitimate PC? Not another  yes man to the whims of a government but one who  has the wisdom and the backbone to take on even elected officials when wrong is wrong? How long this man acting? He deserve an oscar for his role as chief puppeteer in this appointed governance. Give this man ah medal for having to serve under tumultuous times. Who would envy that role?

Imagine in the following article this new drama is now the top priority- I thought solving the SC murder was? I thought  the juice can drug issue was a top priority was not the  armed robbery of an armoured car a top priority? The death of an army solider a top priority?

And lawd should there not be  secured facilities with signing in and signing out for weapons seized? I dread to think of what become of drugs that are seized and supposedly in a secured facility?

And what becomes of the culprits when they oops if they are caught?

Trinidad Express
Previous Article Next Article
Acting Police Commissioner:
Story Updated: Aug 12, 201

ACTING Commissioner of Police, Stephen Williams said yesterday that an investigation into the disappearance of 40 guns from the Forensic Science Centre begun.

Ag COP Williams spoke to reporters following Eid ul Fitr celebrations at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain.

He said, “with regards to the stolen guns at Forensic, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) has launched an investigation and as soon as we make progress with that investigation, I will let the media know.”

He added however that, “the Forensic Centre was responsible for the safe-keeping of the guns. The director of the Forensic Science Centre (FSC) is the person responsible and FSC is not a department of the Police Service.”

Williams said, “sometimes you listen to the media and it is rather unfair because everything that happens in the country it seems to be the Police Service but Forensics is under the Ministry of Justice and not part of the TTPS. It is an agency that assists the TTPS and provides a service to the TTPS.”

He added, “I don’t want to speak of the issue of how Forensics is run and I have a concern about the firearms getting out of the Forensic Science Centre into the hands of criminals and that’s where my concern will be because the Police Service is all about getting the firearms out of the hands of criminals and to see firearms which have been taken out of the hands of criminals returning to the hands of the criminal element is a major concern to me.”

He added that he saw a light at the end of the tunnel stating, “coming out of the investigation we can make recommendations for the improvement of keeping the guns safe and what can we do about security with regards to items stored at Forensics.”

The guns reportedly disappeared between 2013 and July 2014.

The Ag CoP also spoke about the May shooting death of former Independent Senator, Dana Seetahal SC.

He first chided the media for being insensitive to Seetahal’s relatives whom he assumes were tired of seeing news stories about her.

He said however, “we are doing the investigation and we believe as an organisation that we will get to the point that where we will prosecute individuals. Deputy Commissioner of Police Glen Hackett has indicated to the media that this investigation is a complex and complicated one as it involves a lot of technical issues and it will take a period of time but by marking the days 100...101...102 days (no arrest) will not change the completion of the investigation.”

He added that, “I’ve gone public to say that this investigation is the number one priority of the TTPS. It’s a difficult investigation and we are putting resources behind it and we are doing everything possible to bring the perpetrators to justice. We have sourced foreign support and assistance from all the agencies who can provide resource and assistance we have extensive support so that’s why I can say we are progressing but this will not change by the tracking of the days.”

Previous Article Next Article
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:12:06 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Acting PC
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »
How is that working out? This too has gone cold?  This too like so many have blown over and once more no one is pressing accountability and taking those in charge to task for such heinous acts ?  When ministers could be dismissed for actions in their ministry why is the 'actor' still in charge?

1]; } ?>