April 18, 2024, 08:02:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Guadeloupe Senior team Game (6-Sept-2014)  (Read 9894 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Guadeloupe game at the Dwight Yorke Stadium on the 6th of September 2014 (4:00 EST) will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Javon Sample (Central FC), Akeem Awong (W Connection).

Defenders

Josiah Trimmingham (San Juan Jabloteh), Martieon Watson (W Connection), Shannon Gomez (W Connection), Maurice Ford (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Marcus Ramkhalawan (Guaya United), Neveal Hackshaw (North East Stars).

Midfielders

Kevon Goddard (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Kishun Seecharan (Defence Force), Andre Fortune (Unattached), Matthew Woo-Ling (W Connection), Aikim Andrews (San Juan Jabloteh), Keon Joseph (North East Stars), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Jabari Mitchell (W Connection), Keron Boucher (W Connection), Levi Garcia (Central FC).

Forwards

Akeem Garcia (W Connection), Kadeem Corbin (St Ann's Rangers), Nicholas Dillon (Central FC), Jamoul Francois (North East Stars), Keegan Bacchus (Unattached).

Guadeloupe Squad

Goalkeepers

GERMAIN Mickael (USR)
CELIGNY Cédric (JSA)
JULAN Cédric (SIROCO)

Defenders

SERMAN Manuel (AOG)
MAKOUKE Colman (JUVENTUS)
SIAR Félix (CSM)
VAMUR Cédric (CSM)
SENOAJ Jérémy (SIROCO)
LUBINO Mike (SIROCO)

Midfielders

DAN Gilles (USR)
FRANCILLONNE Willis (CSM)
PHILLIPPE Sylvain (USR)
BERAL FABIEN (CSM)
ANNEROSE Maverick (SS)
MALPON Edwing (GAULOISE)
ROCHE Neil (GAULOISE)

Forwards

GOTIN Ludovic (CSM)
ARBAU Marc (AJSS)
PIQUEUR Ludovic (USR)
VOUTEAU Rudy (SIROCO)

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:45:38 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (6-Sept-2014)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »
T&T senior men to face Guadeloupe on Sept 6 at Dwight Yorke Stadium.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s team will face Guadeloupe’s Senior team in their friendly international fixture at the Dwight Yorke Stadium on Saturday September 6th from 4:30pm.

This international fixture, which is being supported by the Tobago House of Assembly, will serve as a warm-up for both teams ahead of the Caribbean Cup qualifying campaign and T&T head coach Stephen Hart will use the encounter to fine tune his squad before entering the semi-final round of the regional competition which will be played in Trinidad in October.

Guadeloupe is captained by former New York Red Bull midfielder Stephane Auvray and have appeared in three CONCACAF Gold Cups, their last qualification being in 2011 where they lost narrowly to the United States (1-0), Canada (1-0) and Panama (3-2). They managed to reach the semi-finals of the 2007 tournament where they lost to Mexico.

Hart meantime has hinted that he will use the encounter to have a closer look at more of this country’s home-based professionals.

“It is essential that we begin to prepare properly for the CFU Tournament. Other competing Nations have had a head start, so we need to be focused. The CFU is yet to establish the format of the Tournament which means we do not know which players will be available for selection,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Presently, we have quite a number of players out of the country at Clubs, or on trial, who will more than likely not be part of the selection. With this in mind, my intention is to utilize a local based squad. This is an opportunity I have been looking forward to, as it's the first time we will embark on such a program,” Hart added.

T&T and Central FC goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams said the game would serve T&T well in its build up for the Caribbean Cup qualifiers a month later.

“I’m quite pleased that we will get his opportunity to play an international friendly at home especially with the Caribbean Cup approaching so quickly,” Williams said.

“The Caribbean Cup is vital for us because we finished second in 2012 and I’d love for us to take the title this time and of course we must qualify for the Gold Cup again. I think the challenge will be harder this year but we’ve been coming together well as a team and this game will be an opportunity for some of the home-based players to get good match practice as well.”

“The venue is quite good and Guadeloupe are decent opponents with their style of play and they’ve also done well in the regional competitions in recent years. I’m sure our players will be eager to get on the field again particularly after all the attention and excitement of the World Cup in Brazil,” Williams added.

Guadeloupe will also play another match while in Tobago, facing a Tobago Eleven on September 4th. The visitors are already through to the semi-final qualifying stage as one of the hosts for another groups.

Details on ticket cost and outlets will be announced in due course.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
We choose to play a friendly against a country thats not actually a country. Interesting. At least its something

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
It better than nothing, and Guadeloupe is a good team if they bring all they players.

Good work by the TTFA.

De only thing I don't like about this is, Jan Michael Williams and him being captain.

Come on Hartie, time to bleed a few new talent and we all know than Jan is very inconsistent and makes a lot of mistakes.

Time for him to fight for his spot.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:46:03 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
It better than nothing, and Guadeloupe is a good team if they bring all they players.

Good work by the TTFA.

De only thing I don't like about this is, Jan Michael Williams and him being captain.

Come on Hartie, time to bleed a few new talent and we all know than Jan is very inconsistent and makes a lot of mistakes.

williams back in goal again? come nah harty.. get rid of him

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »

Good work by the TTFA.

williams back in goal again? come nah harty.. get rid of him

Allyuh using de blade to cut ... dat might be premature. Iz only time to sharpen it.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
Like the TTFA forget they couldn't go 'Bago just the other day. 3 weeks out "Details on ticket cost and outlets will be announced in due course."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »
I'm more concerned about the DY Stadium. I thought there were problems with it and it couldn't be used. Am I wrong? Is it being fixed?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
I'm more concerned about the DY Stadium. I thought there were problems with it and it couldn't be used. Am I wrong? Is it being fixed?
No it is not being fixed, i pass there every day to and from work and there is nothing going on at the stadium except the grass being cut. Maybe its going to be played on the training grounds  :frustrated:

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Does Guadeloupe have a Fifa ranking. I mean,  isn't it part of France. They can't qualify for a world cup, can they.  I just thought we should play someone who would help our ranking situation. Also,  any particular reason they want to make it more difficult for most of the fans to go the game.  To me,  if they want to hold a game on Tobago having an unranked team is a bad idea,  what's the motivation for people to leave Trinidad to go Tobago to go and watch this game. Is the thinking that since its so rear to have a game in Tobago tobagonians will just show up. I hope they are right. To me if they want to have a game on Tobago it should be a decent team,  a team that won't fill HCS but will attract a lot of people.  A team likeGuatemala

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »
Probably good idea to go Tobago.
I suspect the Trinidad crowd does not care one shite at the moment and you'd probably get no more than 1-2000 crowd in the Hasely.
Sister isle Tobago with less all day competing action is still a place that feels privileged for these rare opportunities and the remnant low level reservoir of T&T patriotism until the waggonists in Trinidad wake up.
Sad, but unfortunately daiz how it is.
Good luck Warriors.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:25:17 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »

And put who? I asking this as a genuine question. What young goalkeeping talent do we have? Maybe should be a separate thread, unless we have one ahready.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
So long I eh visit we get a game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
Does Guadeloupe have a Fifa ranking. I mean,  isn't it part of France. They can't qualify for a world cup, can they.  I just thought we should play someone who would help our ranking situation. Also,  any particular reason they want to make it more difficult for most of the fans to go the game.  To me,  if they want to hold a game on Tobago having an unranked team is a bad idea,  what's the motivation for people to leave Trinidad to go Tobago to go and watch this game. Is the thinking that since its so rear to have a game in Tobago tobagonians will just show up. I hope they are right. To me if they want to have a game on Tobago it should be a decent team,  a team that won't fill HCS but will attract a lot of people.  A team likeGuatemala

Nothing eh wrong wid playing Gwada. It suffices, and likely more than that.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »

And put who? I asking this as a genuine question. What young goalkeeping talent do we have? Maybe should be a separate thread, unless we have one ahready.

This. We had a thread about this after the Argentina game, I think the majority conclusion was stick lol.

Guadeloupe are a good side - don't underestimate them. Half/two-thirds play in France and this is a nation that's produced in a way) Thuram, Gallas, and Wiltord to name a few. Hell France once fielded an entire defence of Guadeloupans in 2006 (Chimbonda, Gallas, Thuram and Silvestre). They'll be an excellent challenge, even if it doesn't count for ranking

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen...

Old New Warrior here.. Haven't been on the site in a while, used to go by a different name, but had to re-register as I had problems accessing my old account... Nice to be back, and see things alive and kickin...

Can anyone provide any updates when tickets will be going on sale for this game? Wanna make the trek to support the fellas.. Much appreciated!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
In due course the TTFA will announce it and we will have it posted here.

Welcome.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »

This. We had a thread about this after the Argentina game, I think the majority conclusion was stick lol.

Guadeloupe are a good side - don't underestimate them. Half/two-thirds play in France and this is a nation that's produced in a way) Thuram, Gallas, and Wiltord to name a few. Hell France once fielded an entire defence of Guadeloupans in 2006 (Chimbonda, Gallas, Thuram and Silvestre). They'll be an excellent challenge, even if it doesn't count for ranking

Tiresais, from way back in the 60s, Martinique and Guadeloupe were good teams. I remember, Martinique visiting TT and TT and the old POSFL going to Martinique and play.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »

flex and sam posted a list of 20 keepers.. why not try out a young keeper from the US who is on the rise...

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
In due course the TTFA will announce it and we will have it posted here.

Welcome.

Cool, thanks Flex

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:02 AM »

flex and sam posted a list of 20 keepers.. why not try out a young keeper from the US who is on the rise...

Aww man gimme some credit :p the list is here; At the bottom of the page - I compiled it from my Caribbean Megapack I made for Football Manager 2014

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
Saw some activity goin on @ the DYS today but couldnt really slow down to see what exactly. Probably maintenance work resuming. Will try to get a good look tomorrow

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
From what I heard this will be a locally based team but my expectations are still high. The selected players will be our top senior players in our Pro League so no excuses come game day. I want nothing short of a win and good team football. If we want to be a country serious about our football then standards have to be met

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »
From what I heard this will be a locally based team but my expectations are still high. The selected players will be our top senior players in our Pro League so no excuses come game day. I want nothing short of a win and good team football. If we want to be a country serious about our football then standards have to be met

I honestly feel the TTFA should using local fro the pro-league and any"diamond" in the super league for all these friendlies, warmups (whatever they want to cal it). We need to development a core of players who can stand on their own, seeing a lot of the foreign base can't always come home.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 02:00:21 AM »
Yorke stadium worries
Officials working on problem ahead of Guadeloupe games
By Ian Prescott (Express).

There is a big hole currently in the middle of the Dwight Yorke Stadium, but the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is confident two international matches against the Guadeloupe men’s national football team will come off, despite some concern about the readiness of the playing surface.

Guadeloupe will play twice in the sister isle. First on September 4 against a star-studded Tobago XI, coached by Roxborough Lakers coaches Marlon Topping and David Greaves, and consisting mainly of players from the four Tobago National Super League teams.

Two days later, national head coach Stephen Hart will take charge of a Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s national team against the French visitors. Both matches will be played at four o’clock because of light issues at the Dwight Yorke. Yesterday, TTFA secretary Sheldon Phillips refuted suggestions that the matches were cancelled.

“That is nonsense,” Phillips declared. “There is an issue. But it is being worked on, and later today or tomorrow, we should have a solution to announce.”

Tobago Football Association (TFA) president Raymond Allen also acknowledged there was an issue, but is optimistic both matches will come off.

Allen explained that recent work pertaining to the laying of a new athletic track has left a hole in the middle of the surface at the Stadium. He said the delay had to do with the International Athletic Federation (IAAF) having to certify the recently-laid track, before work could be done on the problem. Alleyne said other Tobago venues had similar issues.

“They are working assiduously on it, and by today or tomorrow, we will get a solution,” Alleyne said. “I am very optimistic the games are on.”

Both Trinidad and Tobago and Guadeloupe host Caribbean Cup semi-final groups in October, and are using the tour as preparation in their effort to reach the eight-team 2014 Caribbean Cup finals, which take place from November 9-19 in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

The 2014 Caribbean Cup serves as a qualifier for both next season’s CONCACAF Gold Cup, and the 2016 Copa Centro America, involving such teams as Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and the United States.

Allowed to use French-born players in their squad, Guadeloupe have always provided stiff competition for T&T despite losing 1-0 (2003) and 3-2 (1999) respectively at the Central American and Caribbean Games.

They have had good international results including at the 2011 Gold Cup when narrowly losing to Panama (3-2), United States (1-0) and Canada (1-0).

Guadeloupe were also runners-up at the 2010 Caribbean Cup, when T&T did not qualify, and also finished fourth at the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the year T&T failed to advance out of the group stage.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:11:07 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »
So wait, they plan a game on a stadium that is not finish?

Like Sheldon trying to make up for the u20 miss camp in they had in Bago.

De government workers does wok like 10 days workers, so that stadium eh go done.

These is the kind of stuff that makes the ttfa look bad.

Bad planning.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 06:37:03 AM »
If the stadium management indicated that the venue would be ready and available, and only informed the National Association about the problem when final checks were made?

Live large and prosper!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
So no games for the National Senior Team. I would just like the point out that USA already has 3 friendlies planned for September and October.  :(

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »
So no games for the National Senior Team. I would just like the point out that USA already has 3 friendlies planned for September and October.  :(

Are they using the U-20 to go to the CAC games in October?

1]; } ?>