April 19, 2024, 10:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Guadeloupe Senior team Game (6-Sept-2014)  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (6-Sept-2014)
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 05:57:24 AM »
T&T U-20s to battle Guadeloupe.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

A decision has been taken by the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association (TTFA) to give the National Under-20 footballers a high-calibre friendly international warm-up match against the Guadeloupe senior team before they begin World Cup qualifying.

Trinidad & Tobago Under-20 men will now take on Guadeloupe in Tobago at the Dwight Yorke Stadium at 4 p.m. next Saturday. Two days earlier, the French-speaking Caribbean visitors begin their tour against a Tobago XI, made up of Super League players at the same venue.

The Under 20s will, in two weeks, from September 10 -19, host the eight-team Caribbean final round of qualifiers for the 2015 FIFA Under-20 World Cup. The T&T tournament is the official qualifier in the Caribbean Zone for both the CONCACAF Men’s U-20 Championship and the FIFA Men’s U-20 World Cup.

Initially, Guadeloupe, preparing for the senior men’s Caribbean Cup qualifiers, had scheduled a visit to T&T to play the men’s senior team. However, after discussions between T&T head-coach Stephen Hart and the TTFA, it was felt the opportunity to play would better serve the Under 20s, which has not played an international game during its preparations this year.

Hart will instead assemble his squad in late September for a live-in training camp before T&T host a Caribbean Cup semi-final round group qualifier in October. T&T Under 20 men’s head coach Derek King, who is also an assistant coach with the senior men’s team, feels that Guadeloupe will provide the perfect test for the youngsters.

“The game comes at an ideal time for us and will be a great test for the young men,” head-coach King said. Host T&T will kick off the Caribbean finals against Curacao on September 12, then face Suriname on September 14 and Cuba on September 16.

The other group consists of Dominican Republic, Haiti, St Kitts/Nevis and Aruba. The top four Caribbean teams qualify for the CONCACAF finals, which will be held in Jamaica in January 2015, and determines the region’s teams which will participate at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand. Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras are already through to the CONCACAF Round.

“We’ve been in training for a few weeks well and we’ve had the opportunity to play against some of the pro teams, as well as the national Under 17 team. ‘’The boys have progressed quite well and every player is now eager to go into the tournament and give of his best and go on to qualify for the CONCACAF finals,” said King, after his team defeated St Ann’s Rangers 4-0 in a training match at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, yesterday. T&T got goals from US-based midfielder Andre Fortune, Matthew Woo Ling, Nicholas Dillon and Kadeem Corbin.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Guadeloupe Senior team Game (6-Sept-2014)
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »
Ah glad for de Young Warriors to get a preparation match before WC qualifying but what happen to our national team?!

Seems like we in ah desperate times in funding yes  >:(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:06:13 AM by Sando prince »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »
back to square one......... every top concacaf country utilizing international dates except us. 

Offline J.Chase

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
back to square one......... every top concacaf country utilizing international dates except us.

every top concacaf country also has full Gov't and Corporate support.

Food for thought.

I've been to some U20 sessions as I have a few kids that used to be around in the youth leagues when I was active, on the current team...they doing a very good job so far. Interested to see how they do in the future.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Tickets for the Trinidad and Tobago vs Guadeloupe game are priced at $30. They can be purchased at the TTFA offices at the Hasely Crawford Stadium tomorrow and on matchday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium. Kick off is 4pm on Saturday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »
Captain Shannon Gomez said "Blood, Sweat and Tears' for Trinidad and Tobago" I like the confidence and I'm ready to see a T&T win

http://www.tv6tnt.com/home/featured-links/Under-20s-Prepare-273864241.html

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:35:18 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:18 AM »
Guadeloupe 1st of more internationals for sister isle
By Ian prescott (Express).

Tobago going solo

TOBAGO would not mind a bit of independence from Trinidad and Tobago on the football field, and hope to play several more international matches solely as a Tobago team in the coming months.

It is one of the reasons the island insisted that the home team must play one of the matches during Guadeloupe’s two-match tour of the island.

The second encounter was initially dedicated to the Trinidad and Tobago senior national team, but an adjustment was made to give the national Under-20 players some match practice before they host the final round of Caribbean qualifiers for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in T&T from September 12.

Tomorrow, Guadelouple will play a second match against a Trinidad and Tobago X1, containing several members of the national U-20 squad in addition to senior internationals, such as 29-year-old goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and W Connection’s former Poland and Finland-based defender Meikel Williams.

Yesterday’s game against Guadeloupe was just the first for Tobago, according to Tobago Football Association (TFA) general secretary Everton Alfred.

Alfred said Tobago fielding a national team from time to time gives footballers from the sister isle more exposure, and a platform on which to catch the eye of international teams, and also Stephen Hart, the T&T senior team head coach.

“When teams come for the Caribbean Cup in October, we are trying to get the ones that come early, to come across to Tobago for a game,” Alfred said.

Alfred was speaking of the Caribbean Cup semi-final group which T&T hosts from October 6-13. The Soca Warriors will play Antigua-Barbuda, Dominica and a best third-placed finisher. The top two teams qualify for the 2014 Caribbean Cup finals which take place from November 9-18 in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

“At some point we (Tobago) also hope to take a team out somewhere, to created opportunities,” he added.

Alfred said Tobago have enough talent to compete at some level on their own merit. The Tobago team which played Guadeloupe yesterday had available several players who have experience with teams in the professional league in Trinidad, but are now back home.

These included Kerlon Ferguson, the bustling former T&TEC striker, who is a handful for many defenders. Defender Omar Charles played for both Pro League second-placed finishers Central FC and Point Fortin Civic last season, but is now with Stokely Vale, and young striker Gem Gordon, a triallist with England club Walsall in 2013, had a couple of runs last season in W Connection’s 2013-2014 championship winning squad.

“What a game like that against Guadeloupe gives Tobago is exposure,” Alfred said.

“We have the talent. Whenever our players go to Trinidad to play, they do well,” Alfred added. “We have a team that contains players who have played in the Pro League and Super League, and also some good youngsters.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:50 AM »
Guadeloupe whip game Tobago

Tobago put up a good fight before going down 3-0 to Guadeloupe yesterday in a friendly match at Dwight Yorke stadium.

It was big occasion for the island, with the Dwight Yorke stadium seeing its first action in two years, while a spanking new, blue-coloured athletic track was laid down.

“In my time of playing, we never had this standard of game,”declared former Tobago United coach Peter Granville. “It’s good that we had this quality of game which has been given to us by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA). It is the first time we are playing at this level.”

Tobago fielded several players with Pro League experience--Kerlon Ferguson (T&TEC), Omar Charles (Point Fortin Civic) and Gem Gordon (W Connection) among them.

Nothing separated Tobago from Guadeloupe in the first half, except for a horrendous bit of “butter fingers” by Tobago goalkeeper Joel Sampson, leading to Ludovic Piqueur’s only goal at the end of 45 minutes. Sampson got completely turned around, allowing a tame cross from Guadeloupe left-midfielder Piqueur into the goal on the half hour mark. But the visitors were sharp in the second half when scoring two further goals.

Among those present in Bacolet were Tobago Secretary for Sport Huey Cadette, Tobago Football Association (TFA) president, Raymond Alleyne and Raymond Tim Kee, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

“When I became president (TTFA), I pledged that Tobago must be included in all the international football,” Tim Kee said. “Apart from giving Tobago exposure, it helps our national team, and in addition to that, it has tourism opportunities.

On the field, Tobago deserved to at least be level at halftime, and with a little bit more composure, Kerlon Ferguson should have put them ahead in the 27 th minute. The former Pro League forward for T&TEC was put clear by a through ball, but hesitated momentarily, before failing to get around the Guadeloupe keeper Celigny.

Youthful Tobago coach Marlon Topping changed almost his entire team in the second session, including five players at the half. Tobago, therefore had less impact.

Guadeloupe, however, had greater cutting edge, although making seven changes themselves and there was no stopping Edwin Malpon when he ran in to clinically turn a low cross into the six-yard box to make the score 2-0, and first half scorer Piqueur flicked a through ball past the goal for a third Guadeloupe goal.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Under 20 team can't get flight to Tobago.
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
The Under 20 team can't get a flight to Tobago.

They may have to come in the day of the game?

The TFA is pissed.

Dwight Yorke stadium is still not 100% completed.

The TTFA rushed and set this game for Tobago after they complained. They did not think it over, they just trying to please the TFA.

Spoke to Shabaaz among others yestersday and they told me that all staff memmbers are owed months of salary.

The TTFA really need some help and Tim Kee is not bugging.

More news to come.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under 20 team can't get flight to Tobago.
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »

Dwight Yorke stadium is still not 100% completed.

How come Tobago played Guadeloupe at the stadium

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
Don't complain, the TTFA trying. Just applaud.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
No flights?? Steups!!! Let dem take the fast ferry  :puking:

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
Guadeloupe whip game Tobago

Youthful Tobago coach Marlon Topping changed almost his entire team in the second session, including five players at the half. Tobago, therefore had less impact.

Toppin is his surname
Live large and prosper!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
As much as I am rooting for the TTFA, this is real last minute planning here and we're looking bad. Again, problems with getting a flight from TRINIDAD to Tobago...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
where's d surprise?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
As much as I am rooting for the TTFA, this is real last minute planning here and we're looking bad. Again, problems with getting a flight from TRINIDAD to Tobago...
It has more to do with the funding than the availability
Live large and prosper!

Offline J.Chase

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
Insider like to panic people.
I just called someone close to the U20 team and he said they are going tomorrow morning via CAL, confirmed.

I am hearing good things about this U20 team. Can't wait to see them in action next week in Trinidad.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
I just called someone close to the U20 team and he said they are going tomorrow morning via CAL, confirmed.

I am hearing good things about this U20 team. Can't wait to see them in action next week in Trinidad.
:beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »
Man making up aliases to post what they have to post yes. Yuh accustomed telling people what yuh want and cussing them out. Continue on yuh original board name nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »

This doesn't make sense! Insider said that there was a problem with flights and they may have to fly in on the day of the game.

You said it's panic talk because your mole has said they're flying tomorrow morning.

Isn't that the day of the game or has the game changed to Sunday?

Offline J.Chase

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »

This doesn't make sense! Insider said that there was a problem with flights and they may have to fly in on the day of the game.

You said it's panic talk because your mole has said they're flying tomorrow morning.

I just reporting what I heard from people close to the U20 team. Heard talk that the team wanted to travel together and Saturday morning gave them that opportunity.

Not sure what the big deal is here. It's a 15 minute flight and they are going tomorrow to play the game.

And Football Supporter, I suggest you take a look at Insider's post history. Seen quite a few attacks on Central FC. I am a big fan of the work you guys are doing there. Keep it up ! Having been outside over Europe, to finally come home and see a couple clubs with ambition is refreshing.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »

I just reporting what I heard from people close to the U20 team. Heard talk that the team wanted to travel together and Saturday morning gave them that opportunity.

Not sure what the big deal is here. It's a 15 minute flight and they are going tomorrow to play the game.

And Football Supporter, I suggest you take a look at Insider's post history. Seen quite a few attacks on Central FC. I am a big fan of the work you guys are doing there. Keep it up ! Having been outside over Europe, to finally come home and see a couple clubs with ambition is refreshing.

I think it would have been preferable to fly out the day before. We even overnight camp when we go to Point Fortin! But considering the financial situation, it's understandable. Insider does sometimes shoot off target, and as you pointed out, Central have been victims of malicious gossip via Insider. However, his role appears to be as purveyor of gossip. By definition, some will be true, some will be incorrect or even malicious. He, apparently, is only passing on what he's heard. The forum can then decide to believe it or not.

I just felt that while the post may have been mere mischief making, and your intention to defend the U20 set up may be warranted, you kind of contradicted yourself!

And I am also keen to see this U20 in mortal combat as we have 4 of our boys there ready to step up to the big time!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
Since Tuesday the team was supposed to be in Tobago, they will now arrive tomorrow morning before the game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »
So Guadeloupe could get a flight to Tobago but Trinidad can't get one?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Real comedy.

Ah hear de lights not working in de stadium to that is why de game is playing at 4pm.

De TFA promise to handle everything and de TTFA didn't bother to follow up.

Who fault really?

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2014, 05:00:18 AM »
T&T XI to test Guadeloupe

Trinidad Express

NATIONAL senior men’s team goalie Jan Michael Williams will lead a Trinidad and Tobago XI against Guadeloupe from 4 p.m. today in a friendly international football match at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago.

Guadeloupe, who are preparing to host a 2014 Caribbean Cup semi-final group, opened their two-match tour with a 3-0 win over Tobago at the same venue on Thursday. Today’s game is the second of a double-header, which also features an early (2 p.m.) women’s football match. Admission is $30 while children 12 & under enter free.

Williams is one of five senior players in a squad made up of mainly members of the national U-20 team, which next Friday host the final leg of Caribbean qualifiers for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Also among the senior players are playmaker Leston Paul, Trinidad and Tobago’s captain at the 2010 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and W Connection defender Meikel Williams, who has played professionally in Poland and Finland.

Among the Under 20’s is Tobago-born Keron Boucher. There are several others who came up from the national U-17 team, such as U-20 captain Shannon Gomez (W Connection), Matthew Woo-Ling (W Connection) and US-born midfielder Andre Fortune. Coaching the T&T team is Derek King, the assistant national senior men’s team coach.

Today:

2 p.m. — Tobago Football Association women's match, Dwight Yorke Stadium

4 p.m. — Trinidad & Tobago XI v Guadeloupe, Dwight Yorke Stadium

Admission: $30

T&T SQUAD:

Goalkeepers: Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Javon Sample (Central FC), Akeem Awong (W Connection).

Defenders: Josiah Trimmingham (San Juan Jabloteh), Martieon Watson (W Connection), Shannon Gomez (W Connection), Maurice Ford (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Marcus Ramkhalawan (Guaya United), Neveal Hackshaw (North East Stars).

Midfielders: Kevon Goddard (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Kishun Seecharan (Defence Force), Andre Fortune (Unattached), Matthew Woo-Ling (W Connection), Akini Andrews (San Juan Jabloteh), Keon Joseph (North East Stars), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Jabari Mitchell (W Connection), Keron Boucher (W Connection), Levi Garcia (Central FC).

Forwards: Akeem Garcia (W Connection), Kadeem Corbin (St Ann's Rangers), Nicholas Dillon (Central FC), Jamoul Francois (North East Stars), Keegan Bacchus (Unattached).

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
Shame :( What's Tim Kee's plan to avoid these types of problems in the future?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »
Shame :( What's Tim Kee's plan to avoid these types of problems in the future?
that's a trick question, u should be asking Tim Kee, no ?   :laugh:

what's your plan ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
Since when is Tim Kee responsible for TFA events?  Oh I get it, anything that goes wrong involving football in TnT is the fault of the TTFA/Tim Kee.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »
Results

Trinidad & Tobago  1  v  Guadeloupe  1
Levi Garcia 41  -  Lodovic Piqueur 81

Teams

T&T (5-3-1-1): - 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 2.Shannon Gomez, 3.Martieon Watson, 4.Jesus Perez, 5.Maurice Ford, 8.Naveal Hackshaw (6.Kevon Goddard 84th); 11.Levi Garcia (19.Nicholas Dillon 76th), 20.Leston Paul, 10.Andre Fortune (14.Matthew Woo-Ling 46th); 7.Akeem Garcia (12.Kishun Seecharan 69th), 9.Kadeem Corbin (24.Keron Boucher 56th).

Subs: - 1.Javon Sample (GK); 13.Josiah Trimmingham, 15.Aikim Andrews, 16.Keon Joseph, 17.Akeem Humphrey, 18.Jabari Mitchell, 23.Kegan Bacchus.

COACH: - Derek King.

Guadeloupe (4-4-2): - 1.Mickael Germain; 2.Mike Lubino, 15.Jérémy Sennoaj, 4.Félix Siar, 19.Mamuel Serman; 6.Willis Francillone, 11.Gilles Dan, 14.Fabien Beral, 18.Neil Roche; 10.Marc Arbau, 8.Rudy Vouteau.

Subs From: - 23.Cédric Celigny (GK), 16.Cédric Julan (GK); 3.Sylvain Philippe, 9.Lodovic Gotin, 12.Marvick Annerose, 13.Colman Makouke, 17.Lodovic Piqueur, 21.Cédric Vamur, 22.Edwing Malpon.

COACH: - Steve Bizasene.

Referee: - Neil Brizan.

Venue: - Dwight Yorke Stadium.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:08:41 PM by Flex »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
So none of the U20 keepers were used in this match. So will Jan keep in the upcoming tournament.....smdh ???

1]; } ?>