April 26, 2024, 01:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Anton Corneal ponders SSFL boycott.  (Read 30576 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Anton Corneal ponders SSFL boycott.
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
"The SSFL does not prepare youth players for CONCACAF play. It is a recreational league which enjoys huge popularity and that's all."

Keith Lookloy made the above statement in 1999, just after returning from El Salvador with the U-17 team who took part in the second round of CONCACAF U-17 qualification. We lost 6-1 to El Salvador, 6-0 to Canada and 6-1 to Mexico.

SHOT!!!  Dey still lookin fuh de ball.

It might upset some people but it doh make it any less true today as it was in 1999 or it was when Yorke and dem was playin.

Come to think about it.....I believe a lot of the myth of the "rell talented T&T footballer jed" comes mainly from viewing it from a SSFL perspective.

Dat "rell talented" like many other pursuits has to be viewed in context.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2006, 12:44:16 AM »
Man does forever talkin here bout the need for the ProLeague Teams to be associated with villages etc. That is the benefit of the SSFL people who went to schools when the plaque was laid does come out to support their school.

Why Corneal eh come up with a plan to improve the SSFL? He keepin them together to do what? When I hear that I will say keep them out.

No further questions need be asked.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2014, 02:17:55 PM »
remember this article people !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>