March 29, 2024, 04:44:12 AM

Author Topic: Jehue Gordon, Keshorn Walcott; 2014 Diamond League Stockholm; August 21st  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T stars Keston Bledman (100M), Keshorn Walcott (Javelin), Jehue Gordon (400mH) will all be competing

Wishing success to our athletes in Stockholm

Online streams for the meet (feel free to add more in the thread)

http://www.trackie.com/track-and-field/Articles/the-final-diamond-league-events-are-coming-watch-them-live/12688/

http://www.watchathletics.com/schedule/cat/2

Start lists for all events http://www.diamondleague-stockholm.com/en/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/

Meet website http://www.diamondleague-stockholm.com/en/Home/

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:19:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 IAAF Diamond League Stockholm; Thursday August 21st.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »
*Off Topic* for the Birmingham Grand Prix Jamaican star sprinter announced she will be running at this event. I hope to see a healthy Michelle Ahye run against her

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/other-sport/jamaican-shelly-ann-fraser-pryce-race-birmingham-7583342

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »
*Off Topic* for the Birmingham Grand Prix Jamaican star sprinter announced she will be running at this event. I hope to see a healthy Michelle Ahye run against her

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/other-sport/jamaican-shelly-ann-fraser-pryce-race-birmingham-7583342

You seem to be a bit obsessed with T&T rivaling Jamaica. I wonder why?!  ::)

Why don't you give MLA a chance to recover fully from her injury?
I am sure that she will announce if she is ready to compete again at the highest level in her own time.

Thank goodness MLA is not as obsessed with rivaling the Jamaicans as you seem or she would quite likely risk re-injuring herself before she is fully recovered simply to fulfill your Jamaican obsession.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:12:00 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »

I am sure that she will announce if she is ready to compete again at the highest level in her own time.

Thanks goodness MLA is not as obsessed with rivaling the Jamaicans as you seem or she would quite likely risk re-injuring herself before she is fully recovered simply to fulfill your Jamaican obsession.

Did are you smoking weed? TNT is NOT Jamaica rivals in Track so I will never think along those lines. YOU are the one who made the foolish remark in a previous thread of TNT being JA rivals. Now read carefully because I know you have a comprehension problem so you still may not grasp what I am saying. My original post that you quoted said I HOPE to see a HEALTHY Michelle Ahye run against the Sprint star. Where in my post do you see me make an argument for MLA to run and risk injury? If she is not healthy then she shouldn't run. I really don't care where Fraser Pryce is from. She can be from Jamaica or Afghanistan it does not matter therefore I have no obsession
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:22:35 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »

Thanks goodness MLA is not as obsessed with rivaling the Jamaicans as you seem or she would quite likely risk re-injuring herself before she is fully recovered simply to fulfill your Jamaican obsession.

Did are you smoking weed? TNT is NOT Jamaica rivals in Track so I will never think along those lines. YOU are the one who made the foolish remark in a previous thread of TNT being JA rivals. Now read carefully because I know you have a comprehension problem so you still may not grasp what I am saying. My original post that you quoted said I HOPE to see a HEALTHY Michelle Ahye run against the Sprint star. Where in my post do you see me make an argument for MLA to run and risk injury? If she is not healthy then she shouldn't run. I really don't care where Fraser Pryce is from. She can be from Jamaica or Afghanistan it does not matter therefore I have no obsession

Your Jamaican obsession is obvious. I simply decided to point it out from now on after you homed in on trying to compare T&T with Jamaica after I posted some reference info on both T&T and Jamaica's previous (2010) CWG medal performance in my Commonwealth Games thread.
As I pointed out after you revealed your Jamaican obsession, I posted both country's previous medal performances for reference purposes so that we can see if both countries improve on their CWG medal performance in 2014 as compared to the last time round 2010.
The inform was not provided to compare T&T's medal count directly with Jamaica's but to see if T&T improves upon its own previous medal performance in 2010 and by how much. However one needs to be a much less obsessed with always comparing T&T with Jamaica than you are to clearly understand why I provided the information.
Look up to now you still can't understand why I provided the reference information even after I took the time to explain which is enough proof to me of your obsession. I rest my case.
When someone is obsessed as you are it is very hard for them to see past their obsession as everything is meant to be a rivalry.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:10:29 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »

[/quote

Your Jamaican obsession is obvious. I simply decided to point it out from now on after you homed in on trying to compare T&T with Jamaica after I posted some reference info on both T&T and Jamaica's previous (2010) CWG medal performance in my Commonwealth Games thread.
As I pointed out after you revealed your Jamaican obsession I posted both country's previous medal performances for reference purposes so that we can see how both countries improve their CWG medal performance as compared to the last time round. The inform was not provided to compare T&T with Jamaica but to see how T&T improves upon its previous performance. However one needs to be a much less obsessed with always comparing T&T with Jamaica than you are to understand why I provided the information.
Look up to now you can't understand why I provided the reference information which is enough proof of your obsession. I rest my case.
When someone is obsessed as you are it is very hard for them to see past their obsession as everything is meant to be a rivalry.

:rotfl: you wrote all this and failed to give any examples to support your claim of me being obessessed. You continue to just pull random shit out your ass that don't make any sense and do not support any claim of someone being obsessed. Carry on my fickle mind brother
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:16:33 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »

[/quote

As I pointed out after you revealed your Jamaican obsession I posted both country's previous medal performances for reference purposes so that we can see how both countries improve their CWG medal performance as compared to the last time round. The inform was not provided to compare T&T with Jamaica but to see how T&T improves upon its previous performance. However one needs to be a much less obsessed with always comparing T&T with Jamaica than you are to understand why I provided the information.
Look up to now you can't understand why I provided the reference information which is enough proof of your obsession. I rest my case.

:rotfl: you wrote all this and failed to give any examples to support your claim of me being obessessed. You continue to just pull random shit out your ass that don't make any sense and do not support any claim of someone being obsessed. Carry on my fickle mind brother

You are the one who loves to ego-trip and pull stuff out your ass to argue about and I've simply decided to give you a dose of your own medicine.

Anyway your JA obsession is obvious and was proved conclusively in my Commonwealth Games thread when you assumed I was trying to compare T&T's medal count with JA's thus revealing your own obsession when I wasn't even trying to compare T&T with Jamaica in that regard.
Up to now I don't even think you understand why I posted the stats. It was to see if T&T would improve on our medal efforts this time round and by how much.

PS:
And btw are you aware that even if MLA announces that she is fully fit and recovered by the Birmingham Grand Prix that it won't be advisable for her to run at a top level Meet right away?
Also another important note is that MLA has to be invited to a top level Meet well in advance and can't just decide at the last minute that she wants to take part. I don't think MLA will be in a position to decide which top level Meet she wants to compete at until she becomes a big crowd draw like a Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce or a Usain Bolt who have both won quite a number of major championship titles.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:22:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
Moving on..

Athletes to eye Diamond League after Commonwealth Games

NAIROBI, July 31 (Xinhua) -- As the time ticks away to the closure of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow on Sunday, focus shifts to the explosive IAAF Diamond League where Kenyan athletes will be keen to reign supreme yet again.

World 800m champion Eunice Sum, steeplechaser Jairus Birech and Olympic 800m gold medallist David Rudisha are all in contention for the coveted title, which comes with 50,000 U.S. dollars to boot and a chance to be called number one in the discipline.

There are four more meetings left in the 2014 IAAF Diamond League series, but six athletes have dominated their disciplines to the extent that they have already done enough to win the Diamond Race.

American's 400m runner LaShawn Merritt, French sprint hurdler Pascal Martinot-Lagarde, Kenyan steeplechaser Jairus Birech, French pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie, Jamaican 400m hurdler Kaliese Spencer, and New Zealand's shot put star Valerie Adams are the Diamond Race winners in their respective events.

To seal their victory - and the 50,000 dollar bonus and Diamond Trophy to go with it - they simply need to compete in their discipline at either of the IAAF Diamond League finals in Zurich and Brussels.

The other 26 events in the Diamond Race remain undecided. Four of them are extremely close, however, with just two athletes left in the running.

U.S. triple jumpers Will Claye and Christian Taylor are currently separated by just two points. Piotr Malachowski and Robert Harting are the only remaining athletes in with a chance to win the Diamond Race in the men's discus.

And while 800m runner Sum and discus thrower Sandra Perkovic have a healthy lead in their events, it is conceivable that they could be caught by U.S. Ajee Wilson and Gia Lewis-Smallwood, respectively.

If Perkovic wins in Stockholm or Sum wins in Birmingham though, they will be uncatchable in the Diamond Race. The races in the other disciplines are wide open.

In 20 of them, there are five or more contenders still left in with a chance of winning the Diamond Race, and in 16 events the Diamond Race winner will only be decided in one of the finals in Zurich or Brussels.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just seen on the website Bledman, Walcott and Gordon will be competing in the 100M, Javelin and 400MH respectively. Bledman should redeem himself with a good run after that shit performance at the CWG

American star Alyson Felix will also be competing in the women 200M.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In the men's javelin, Thomas Rohler, GER, leads in 85.12m, and Julius Yego, KEN, in 84.67m, with Ibab Abdelrahman, EGY, 84.58m, Keshorn Walcott, TTO, 84.27m, Antti Ruuskanen, FIN, 83.76m-the deepests javelin of the year

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In the men's javelin, Thomas Rohler, GER, leads in 85.12m, and Julius Yego, KEN, in 84.67m, with Ibab Abdelrahman, EGY, 84.58m, Keshorn Walcott, TTO, 84.27m, Antti Ruuskanen, FIN, 83.76m-the deepests javelin of the year

Cant watch right now but ah hope Kershon ready to pelt like is mango he trying to lick down

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Cant watch right now but ah hope Kershon ready to pelt like is mango he trying to lick down

Olympian Keshorn Walcott did not have the best showing when he took the field in the IAAF Diamond League Javelin meet a short while ago. Walcott finished 6th with his best throw being 84.27 metres, a long way behind winner Antti Ruuskanen, who took top spot with 87.24 metres.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bledman finish 2nd in de 100 - 10.09  and Jehue finish 3rd in de 400m H.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr Thompson called quits on his season? The start list for the remaining DL meets are out and he is no where to be found.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wind: +2.0m/s
Rank Name Nat Date of Birth Result

1 CARTER Nesta JAM 10 NOV 1985 3 0.159 9.96 SB 7 3
2 BLEDMAN Keston TTO 8 MAR 1988 1 0.146 10.09 2 7
3 UJAH Chijindu GBR 5 MAR 1994 6 0.148 10.10 1 8
4 ASHMEADE Nickel JAM 7 APR 1990 5 0.138 10.10 4 5
5 AIKINES-ARYEETEY Harry GBR 29 AUG 1988 2 0.139 10.20
6 SAIDY NDURE Jaysuma NOR 1 JUL 1984 7 0.152 10.33
7 ROSE O'Dain SWE 19 JUL 1992 8 0.156 10.47
RODGERS Michael USA 24 APR 1985 4 F1 DQ R 162.7 9 1

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2pnMw7ZFXaU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2pnMw7ZFXaU</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rank Name Nat Date of Birth Result

time
1 TINSLEY Michael USA 21 APR 1984 6 0.160 49.60 17 1
2 CULSON Javier PUR 25 JUL 1984 4 0.196 49.84 15 2
3 GORDON Jehue TTO 15 DEC 1991 7 0.197 50.13 1 6
4 FREDERICKS Cornel RSA 3 MAR 1990 5 0.171 50.18 4 3
5 MÄGI Rasmus EST 4 MAY 1992 3 0.206 50.42
6 CATO Roxroy JAM 1 MAY 1988 8 0.216 51.09
7 SÁNCHEZ Félix DOM 30 AUG 1977 2 0.228 51.68
8 OLSON Petter SWE 14 FEB 1991 1 0.140 52.62

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0u5m4v7h4vU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0u5m4v7h4vU</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr Thompson called quits on his season? The start list for the remaining DL meets are out and he is no where to be found.

:D  I rather him quit for the rest of the year than give us another painful run

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bledsman run was impressive. He appeared to have had a bad start and was still able to come in second.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bledsman run was impressive. He appeared to have had a bad start and was still able to come in second.

Are you taking the time he ran into consideration? Man ran 10.09

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Medals for Bledman, Gordon at Stockholm
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »
Medals for Bledman, Gordon at Stockholm
Friday, August 22 2014 (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago 100-metre sprinter Keston Bledman seemed to be catching back his form after finishing second in the men’s 100metre event at IAAF Diamond League Meeting DN Galan, Stockholm.

Bledman, the former national champion, finished second in the men’s 100m in 10.09 seconds, behind Nesta Carter of Jamaica (9.96) while Ujah Chijindu of Great Britain was third in a close 10.10.

Meanwhile, World 400m hurdles champion Jehue Gordon, who recently came off a silver medal performance at XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland was able to capture bronze, clocking 50.13 seconds. He trailed the pair of American Michael Tinsley (49.60) and Javier Culson of Puerto Rico (49.84), who were first and second respectively.

Unfortunately Olympic gold medallist Keshorn Walcott was unable to secure a medal finishing sixth in the men’s javelin with a throw of 84.27 metres. Antti Ruuskanen of Finland won with a distance of 87.24 followed by Germany’s Thomas Rohler (85.12) and Finland’s Tero Pitkamaki (84.73) who finished second and third respectively.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bledman second, Gordon third in Sweden
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
Bledman second, Gordon third in Sweden
Published: Friday, August 22, 2014 (T&T Guardian)

Keston Bledman was second while Jehue Gordon placed third at the 11th leg of the IAAF Diamond League, in Stockholm, Sweden, yesterday.

Bledman finished behind Jamaica’s Nesta Carter in the men’s 100m.

Carter was comfortably ahead in the Caribbean-dominated event with a season best 9.96 effort while being followed by Bledman, who grabbed second in a time of 10.09 seconds. Briton Chijindu Ujah and Nickel Ashmeade of Jamaica placed third and fourth, respectively, after both clocked 10.10 seconds. Diamond League 100m leader, USA’s Michael Rodgers was disqualified after a false start.

Gordon, ranked sixth in the Diamond League 400m hurdles, ran 50.13 seconds behind runaway leader Michael Tinsley of the US (49.60 seconds) and Javiter Culson of Puerto Rico, who clocked 49.84.

Walcott took sixth in the men’s javelin throw.

Walcott, who claimed silver at the Commonwealth Games earlier this month, threw an impressive 84.58m, less than a metre off his 85.28m personal best and national record. He completed five of his six attempts without fault but finished considerably behind the event winner Antti Ruuskanen of Finland, who threw 87.24m. Rohler Thomas (85.12) of Germany and another Finnish thrower Tero Pitkamaki (84.73), placed second and third, respectively.

The next leg of the Diamond League is carded for Birmingham, England, on Sunday.

1]; } ?>