March 29, 2024, 01:59:00 AM

Author Topic: And if we beat USA today wha allyuh go say now?  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
And if we beat USA today wha allyuh go say now?
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »
All we need is a win, any win, doh believe Lasana report and de Guardian report.

I have my bad feelings to about some of the things going on like the none selection of Brent Sam (and we need strikers bad), Nicolas Dillon and Andre Fortune and some of de players in de starting roles or de formation, but for now ah go support de team, after today we go talk.

My team for today, come on King, stop playing de ass.
Sample
Perez
Watson
Ford
Gomez
Levi
Muckette
Goddard
Mitchell
Andrews
John

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: And if we beat USA today wha allyuh go say now?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:06:56 AM »
 :beermug: correct is right!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
Good luck Warriors.
Yes we want wins but we are also privileged to have this opportunity to face quality opposition.
You all will be better players after this test as now you will know what it feels like to play people (at this age group) who practiced twice as hard as you, lifted weights twice as hard as you, got nutrition and psych training twice as good or better.
Win this one and yuh big in the dance.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »
All we need is a win, any win, doh believe Lasana report and de Guardian report.

I have my bad feelings to about some of the things going on like the none selection of Brent Sam (and we need strikers bad), Nicolas Dillon and Andre Fortune and some of de players in de starting roles or de formation, but for now ah go support de team, after today we go talk.

My team for today, come on King, stop playing de ass.
Sample
Perez
Watson
Ford
Gomez
Levi
Muckette
Goddard
Mitchell
Andrews
John

Apparently Dillon wasn't selected as he was not versatile enough and the competition called for players who could slot into various roles when required.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:30:45 AM »
We CAN beat the US, No doubt. I believe that right now we should have been undefeated. 3-0-1 (worst case 2-0-2). The US coming to press us so we will need to counter-press and counter attack them. They would have noticed our lack of composure and ability to play out under pressure from Panama, couple with their belief that they are better than us, and their desperation to win as a loss will see Ramos 0-2 in the last 2 WCQ. What we will also eed to prepare for is a physical and mental game. They will try to frustrate us as per Panama game.

A huge level of composure, concentration, discipline and hard work (a bit of luck won't hurt) is the only way we can get through this game successfully. Dog Heart is what we need.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:30 PM »
Game is tomorrow Sam, edit the topic... you going to confuse people.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »
I really hope Muckette is fit to play.

I would go 4-3-3 , Welch has so much positives to his game in terms of communication to the DEF and keeping things organized and comes across so assured then makes a simple costly mistake. Sample is a good kid but is nowhere near as Vocal or assured but is it time to make that switch ? It will be a huge call and If Sample gets the nod then I don't think anyone can fault the staff but I would sit with Welch, have a word, try to manage the situation as a head coach where man management skills are necessary and talk it out with him and refresh his belief and my belief in him. Sadly I don't think this is Derek's strong point or anyone on the staff but Hart.

-----------------------------------------GK-------------------------------

---Gomez--------------------Watson--------------Creed----------------Perez
---------------------------------------Hackshaw-----------------------
--------------------------------Muckette------Mitchell------------------
------------Andrews--------------------------------------------Levi Garcia--
---------------------------------------Froggy-------------------------------

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
We CAN beat the US, No doubt. I believe that right now we should have been undefeated. 3-0-1 (worst case 2-0-2). The US coming to press us so we will need to counter-press and counter attack them. They would have noticed our lack of composure and ability to play out under pressure from Panama, couple with their belief that they are better than us, and their desperation to win as a loss will see Ramos 0-2 in the last 2 WCQ. What we will also eed to prepare for is a physical and mental game. They will try to frustrate us as per Panama game.

A huge level of composure, concentration, discipline and hard work (a bit of luck won't hurt) is the only way we can get through this game successfully. Dog Heart is what we need.

Sure about that? Remember they don't need to win this match. They only need to not lose the match. We HAVE to win, so we need to press the issue. Don't you think there's a good chance they will sit and look to hit us on the counter? Especially after seeing how well it worked for Guatemala.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »

Sure about that? Remember they don't need to win this match. They only need to not lose the match. We HAVE to win, so we need to press the issue. Don't you think there's a good chance they will sit and look to hit us on the counter? Especially after seeing how well it worked for Guatemala.

The US is under rel pressure from all corners due to the abysmal level of play they have shown. This group is a promising group (with one other and Zelalem to add) and many don't like what they have shown. This U20 was very prepared, having been on many tours and tournaments and camps prior to JA, eventually having 35 players to choose from in the final camp. Many already stated that IF they do qualify they will go 3 and out at the WC. Many are already calling for Ramos to be fired (especially after failing the last time around).

With this in mind, they cannot come out and afford to look average against "T&T". They will have to show enterprise, initiative and command of this match.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »

The US is under rel pressure from all corners due to the abysmal level of play they have shown. This group is a promising group (with one other and Zelalem to add) and many don't like what they have shown. This U20 was very prepared, having been on many tours and tournaments and camps prior to JA, eventually having 35 players to choose from in the final camp. Many already stated that IF they do qualify they will go 3 and out at the WC. Many are already calling for Ramos to be fired (especially after failing the last time around).

With this in mind, they cannot come out and afford to look average against "T&T". They will have to show enterprise, initiative and command of this match.
I don't know about that. I find Americans tend to be more pragmatic (i.e. just get it done and qualify). I guess we'll see come game time.
On another note, if this side is considered so promising I think Ramos may have already lost his job, qualify or not.

Cheers  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
Sam I like your formation ...is a good one ..now what is the approach we should take..because we must consider that those Yankees could lock off yuh midfield..could tackle like beast and have speed like dat..

Will we try to possess the ball for ninety mins or be willing to do battle in the midfield and utilize a more
Direct approach in an effort to bring instability to  their rhythm..a mixture of both might be best because fitness is a problem for us.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
to answer the original question, I go say let King and Hart switch jobs for a lil while  :D This team have real potential.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 10:29:06 AM »
Good luck today guys.

We have never beaten USA at this level.

They won 5 and draw once.

Romain Gall of Columbus Crew can score.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 11:15:15 AM »
Operative word is if.....had you thought that the team was good enough you wouldn't be using "if". Just like most of our national teams this team is ill-prepared.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:14 AM »
Didn't Dwight team beat them?  And the 74 team beat them on pks after 1-1 fulltime.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:16 PM »
The time ripe to pick their pockets clean...... :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
Watching this team get beat by Guatemala was soul destroying,the boys should have won that game,instead they lost,that's is football I suppose;cliches are supposed to ease your feelings of hurt,only because you can't do anything to help.As if things couldn't get any worse,we thought it would be a good idea to play Panama with 9 men,in my opinion the best team in the tournament,but we fought them to the end losing by only 1 goal to nil.The less said about Jamaica vs TT the better,in the end we had a team that should have gone on to the next stage,something is missing in our game,maybe our coaches are not good enough.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
Operative word is if.....had you thought that the team was good enough you wouldn't be using "if". Just like most of our national teams this team is ill-prepared.
Good luck today guys.

We have never beaten USA at this level.

They won 5 and draw once.

Romain Gall of Columbus Crew can score.

Actually we HAVE beaten the US at U-20 level 1-0 off a goal from Jerron Nixon when we qualified for Portugal 1990

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 03:52:28 PM »
Correct Patriot.

Guatemala 1–4 United States
Mexico 2–1 Trinidad and Tobago
United States 0–1 Trinidad and Tobago
Guatemala 0–3 Mexico
Guatemala 1–2 Trinidad and Tobago
United States 1–3 Mexico

Teams   Pld   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts
Mexico   3   3   0   0   8   2   +6   6
Trinidad and Tobago   3   2   0   1   4   3   +1   4
United States   3   1   0   2   5   5   0   2
Guatemala   3   0   0   3   2   9   –7   0

Actually, CONCACAF got it wrong also?

5W, 1D, 0L in last six CU20 games v Trinidad & Tobago … posted shutouts in 3 of those outings
http://www.concacaf.com/article/cu20-preview-january-21-2015

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:06:46 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »
What horrible football on a horrible football field. Like them Jamaicans cant buy a Lawn mower, like they use goats to cut that grass?

Muckette is a liability in midfield, he not defending and getting leave out easy, I know he is better than that but he seems like he is struggling with a injury.

T&T keep giving away de ball and USA building confidence. We heading for a lose if King dont fix this. We playing follow de football.

Perez, Archer and Gomez playing decent and Seecharan looking good to. We giving USA real space to play. Good job by Welch on that save boy, I like how he is vocal.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:32:55 PM by Sam »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
Well Sam... IF sh!t was sugar.....  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 07:15:24 PM »
I eh care we lost nah but de shit we put down on de field was real tata.

King,  pack yuh bags and go on a long f00cking ride to maracus and back last like a million times.

Did we even get three passes together?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 07:56:42 PM »
The worst game I have seen by a T&T team in ages.

2 games in Fort Lauderdale and 4 games in Jamaica and they cant get 2 passes connected.

And they promise they going all out.

Whats a joke.

I will be surprise if anyone of these players get a contract.

Levi might be lucky but the rest dead.

Mr King, keep your assistant role, you are not ready for the big dance.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »
Coach king will have many more opportunities and many more campaigns to hopefully get it right, Tab Ramos may not although his team will probably qualify...I feel for the players, these competitions are not easy...

1]; } ?>