April 25, 2024, 05:22:34 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62777 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »
Ok is there going to be separate threads for the our women team games or we going to post all comments for each of their games in this thread? because we playing the US in two days

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »
Soca Princesses arrive in Kansas.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago women’s national football te am, the Soca Princesses, have arrived in Kansas City, USA, where they take on the US tomorrow in their 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship opener at Sporting Park.

They checked in at downtown Crowne Plaza Kansas hotel and were due to share Lee Summits’ Fields with Guatemala and Haiti for two training sessions, yesterday. Tournament favourite USA train at a seperate venue, Swope Soccer Village.

The tournament will see eight teams vying for three automatic qualifying spots to next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup to be held in Canada, while the fourth-placed finishers can also reach the World Cup via a two-match playoff against Ecuador, the team finishing third in the South American region.

The CONCACAF Championship is being contested by teams from the Caribbean and North, Central and South America. Guatemala open the tournament tomorrow against Haiti from 6 p.m., while at 8 p.m. T&T take on the US, the world’s highest-ranked women’s team.

Both games will be carried live on ESPN. Competing are USA, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala and Haiti in Group A, while Group B consist of Jamaica, Martinique, Costa Rica and Mexico. On Thursday, Jamaica open against Martinique, and Costa Rica face Mexico.

Settling in after much publicised funding issues, T&T have been working on some defensive strategy to be used against the mighty Americans. T&T’s chance of reaching the final four, the World Cup qualifying round, could come by way of having a reasonably good result against the USA, then trying to beat Haiti and Guatemala, teams they have winning records against.

The last week has seen the Soca Princesses engage in ‘scrimmages’ against FC Dallas Boys under-16 and women teams. Since then, head coach Randy Waldrum has been working on strategy.

“Another great session this afternoon, and productive team building activity tonight,” Waldrum relayed via twitter. He added: “Great defending session with the T&T WNT this morning!”

Having publicised its funding issues recently, the T&T women are enjoying a celebrity status never previously enjoyed. The T&T women have been embraced by USA-based fans and have enjoyed many perks such as complimentary dinner at the Hutchins BBQ and Cici’s Pizza organisations.

A large crowd also turned out at their Dallas camp for a scrimmage match in which Dallas FC donated match proceed of over US$1,500 towards the T&T women, who could play in as many as four US cities: Kansas City, Chicago, Washington and Pennsylvania.

Waldrum said: “A huge thank you to FC Dallas for going above & beyond for T&T WNT. Gave us facility, game proceeds, meals, etc. Front office is top class.”

Team gets clean bill of health.
T&T Express Reports.

Twenty-eight members of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) senior women’s football team were given a clean bill of health after undergoing medical screening prior to their departure for Dallas last week.

Team head coach Randy Waldrum and staff and captain Maylee Attin-John and her teammates underwent several medical tests as part of the MyCard Sport TTFA medical screenings which is part of the relationship between the TTFA and Healthnet Caribbean.

This was the first occasion for any national women’s team receiving such medical examinations and treatment prior to an international tournament.

All medical reports were reviewed by a medical panel at HealthNet Caribbean Clinics and minor medical and optical issues rectified.

The TTFA and MyCard Sport partner GNC provided all players with GNC Loyalty Gold Cards and will provide supplements to the players.

This would assist them as four girls were mildly anaemic (low blood count). Another MyCard Sport partner Optometrists Today were generous in offering a couple of players complimentary contact lenses.

The TTFA through its MyCard Sport partners will continue these sessions with all T&T national teams as they prepare for various games and tournaments.

The men’s senior team underwent similar screening sessions before their match against Dominican Republic last week and the men’s Under-17 and Under-20 teams are scheduled to receive the same in coming days.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:57:50 AM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »
Can't find the squad list. Anyone seen it?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2014, 11:32:52 PM »
THIS IS A SONG COMPOSED BY HATIAN SINGER DAVEED MIKEL REDDUR. IT IS TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE OF " HAITI I'M SORRY" COMPOSED BY TRINIDADIAN COMPOSER DAVID MICHAEL RUDDER.
IT'S CALLED " TRINI I'M SORRY"

Vs.1
TnT was a champion team
Yes our girls, they gave us a thrill
They had to head to the USA
For a chance to go higher still
Buh that was when the bacchanal start
In that tragic Trinidad brand
First, they found a tweet freak Yankee coach
And so, the shit hit the fan....fan!

CHORUS
Trini I'm sorry, here's some Haitian honey
La vi pou toute mon'
Heh! Look some money
Trini I'm sorry, we do understand your pain
That's our reality
Heh! Look some more again

Vs2.

Everyday, is a bacchanal
But this on must make you freak
The richest land in the West Indies
Look so helpless,look so damn weak
The girls, well they work so hard
To put this land on the map
But not the way that it has all unfurled
Is time to start sharing tap...tap!
( repeat chorus)

BRIDGE.

When there is victory in Port of Spain
It's then Big Business come running
All of the empty stadium
Suddenly, all man Jack start fulling
I say, the Bandwaggonists come all dressed in red
So not a ticket for you and me
And as the ladies step on the field
Bandwagon asking " Which one is Latapy?"

( chorus again)

Sounds like someone wishing our team bad. What is the purpose of posing that demotivating garbage here?!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:27 AM »

Goalkeepers:
Kimika Forbes, Afiyah Matthias, Tinesha  Palmer

Defenders:
Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Danielle Blair, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauryn Hutchinson

Midfielders:
Khadidra Debessette, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes

Forwards: Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St. Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Danielle Blair, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauryn Hutchinson

Midfielders:

Forwards: Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St. Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner

Tallman, Mr Info, do you know how many of these ladies played on our U17 team when we hosted the world cup? just wondering

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2014, 06:24:38 AM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Tallman, Mr Info, do you know how many of these ladies played on our U17 team when we hosted the world cup? just wondering

Khadidra Debessette, Khadisha Debessette, Brianna Ryce, and Liana Hinds.

Anique Walker would have definitely been in the squad, but she was restricted because of her college scholarship conditions.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2014, 06:40:46 AM »
Arin King promo for the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Senior Team

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drppyD_Asns" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drppyD_Asns</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:43 AM »
Waldrum, Trinidad up for CWC challenge.
CONCACAF.COM.

Trinidad & Tobago will open its CONCACAF Women’s Championship campaign against the USA on October 15, 2014, in Kansas City, Kansas.

KANSAS CITY, Kansas -- Even though Trinidad & Tobago might not have the experience possessed by some its upcoming opponents, head coach Randy Waldrum is optimistic his team can vie for a berth in the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.

The Soca Princesses will begin that quest when they meet the United States in the CONCACAF Women’s Championship, Group A opener for each on Wednesday at Sporting Park.

"Throw the U.S. out, I think we've got a really good shot,” Waldrum said.  “Haiti has been together a lot longer than us.  I saw them at the Caribbean [Cup].  We didn't play them, but I think we certainly can compete with Haiti, the same with Guatemala.  The players are confident and I'm very confident.  We've got a great opportunity to get out of the group."

Waldrum described the encounter against the U.S. as a "David and Goliath" confrontation.

"We're so different because of the resources that we have," he expreseed.  “I've had less than a month to get prepared.  I haven't had a full team together.  It's just a different dynamic.  Realistically, we got to get out and do the best we can with the U.S.  There's a lot of things we can take from that game.  Obviously everybody would love to get a result.  That's why we compete.  It's going to be a help to us just to get a game under our belt because it will [be] before we get Haiti and Guatemala where I'll actually have my full team together for the first time for a game."

Trinidad, which won the first Caribbean Football Union Women’s Caribbean Cup in August, faces Haiti in Bridgeview, Illinois, on Friday and Guatemala in Washington, D.C. on October 20.

Midfielder Kennya Cordner, 27, who plays for the Seattle Sounders in the USA’s W-League, is the key to T&T's success.  She has scored 20 goals in 17 international appearances.

"She's just got blazing speed," Waldrum noted. "She's very good at running at players.  That's her strength.  I've come to know her quite well.  She's a great person.  She's committed, focused, hard-working.  No question, she's key for us, especially in our attack."

So is forward Ahkeela Mollon, who plays with Kvarnsveden IK in Sweden.

"She's a mirror image of Kennya," commented Waldrum.  "These players have great athleticism and great pace.  They're going to be key players for us.  They're going to be the ones who are going to have to carry out team a little bit through the tournament."

Waldrum brings three decades of high-level coaching experience to the job.  The 53-year-old directed the University of Notre Dame women to NCAA Division I titles in 2004 and 2010 and, this year, guided the Houston Dash in its first season in the National Women's Soccer League.

He received an opportunity to coach the Trinidad under-17 national women’s team in 2008 after working with former Trinidad international goalkeeper and technical director Lincoln Phillips, while teaching coaching license courses together in the USA.  When Phillips' son, Sheldon, became the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association’s general secretary, a door opened for Waldrum to become national coach.

Though he has coached at the college, professional and international levels, Waldrum said his philosophy hasn't changed.  He plans to have the Soca Princesses play an attacking game, with one big change against the USA.

"Going into these three games, we're going to have to play different against the U.S. than we play against Haiti and Guatemala,” Waldrum said.  “There's no secret there.  We can't go out with this great attacking mentality for 90 minutes and get our team opened up too much against a team with the quality of the U.S.  So we're going to have to be more of a defensive team against the U.S., but that will be different with the approach we will take with Haiti and Guatemala."

T&T Roster

Goalkeepers:

Kimika Forbes, Afiyah Matthias, Tinesha Palmer.

Defenders:

Ayanna Russell, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Danielle Blair, Liana Hinds, Brianna Ryce, Khadisha Debessette, Lauryn Hutchinson.

Midfielders:

Khadidra Debessette, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes.

Forwards:

Mariah Shade, Dernelle Mascall, Tasha St. Louis, Ahkeela Mollon, Kennya Cordner.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Anique Walker would have definitely been in the squad, but she was restricted because of her college scholarship conditions.

Ok thanks.....  so whatever happen to the captain of that team? she doh play again? ah tink she was from California, USA.     

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2014, 10:09:09 AM »
THIS IS A SONG COMPOSED BY HATIAN SINGER DAVEED MIKEL REDDUR. IT IS TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE OF " HAITI I'M SORRY" COMPOSED BY TRINIDADIAN COMPOSER DAVID MICHAEL RUDDER.
IT'S CALLED " TRINI I'M SORRY"

Vs.1
TnT was a champion team
Yes our girls, they gave us a thrill
They had to head to the USA
For a chance to go higher still
Buh that was when the bacchanal start
In that tragic Trinidad brand
First, they found a tweet freak Yankee coach
And so, the shit hit the fan....fan!

CHORUS
Trini I'm sorry, here's some Haitian honey
La vi pou toute mon'
Heh! Look some money
Trini I'm sorry, we do understand your pain
That's our reality
Heh! Look some more again

Vs2.

Everyday, is a bacchanal
But this on must make you freak
The richest land in the West Indies
Look so helpless,look so damn weak
The girls, well they work so hard
To put this land on the map
But not the way that it has all unfurled
Is time to start sharing tap...tap!
( repeat chorus)

BRIDGE.

When there is victory in Port of Spain
It's then Big Business come running
All of the empty stadium
Suddenly, all man Jack start fulling
I say, the Bandwaggonists come all dressed in red
So not a ticket for you and me
And as the ladies step on the field
Bandwagon asking " Which one is Latapy?"

( chorus again)

Sounds like someone wishing our team bad. What is the purpose of posing that demotivating garbage here?!  :-\

I thought it was very clever.

And yes I am wishing the team bad.  :clown:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Four midfielders listed. I thought they would consider Dernelle and Ahkeela mids.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Four midfielders listed. I thought they would consider Dernelle and Ahkeela mids.

Same thing I was thinking but maybe some of the forwards listed can drop back and fill the midfield role was well.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
People stop being so worried about who is listed where.   ;D
The squad is at it's last training session as I type. 

Go Soca Warrior Women. Gooooo :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
Ok thanks.....  so whatever happen to the captain of that team? she doh play again? ah tink she was from California, USA.     

She's a senior at Stanford University, but has not been part of the starting XI over the last two years.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »

She's a senior at Stanford University, but has not been part of the starting XI over the last two years.

thanks man

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dPpzXv6VHRI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dPpzXv6VHRI</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
Good interview!

Good luck to our Women, hope they can create history and put this embarrassment behind us.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:18:50 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:06 AM »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
This quote below is not written by myself however copied from a USA Soccer Forum Web Site.

Cheers  19

So it begins. The 2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship (aka World Cup qualifying) starts today. Much has been written about the shortcomings of CONCACAF, from the extremely condensed tournament format, to the lack of funding for Caribbean teams, to fears of blowout scores. But still, spots at the Women's World Cup are up for grabs and excitement is in the air.

For anyone still without a way to watch the games, on FoxSoccer2Go. You can order a membership for $10 and watch every game in the tournament online (streamed live or archived). Just make sure you cancel the membership before one month, otherwise you get charged for a whole year ($139.99).

Some interesting story lines for the USWNT's first match. T&T has the potential to challenge them a bit, especially with a competent coach like Waldrum. He's been vocal about the team's lack of funding and infrastructure, and was pressured into apologizing for using Twitter to ask for help. His players were issued a social media blackout to prevent more unwanted attention. Despite it all, WoSo prognosticators are writing about T&T as if they have a shot at the 3rd, or more likely, the 4th place playoff spots. On her KeeperNotes podcast, Jen Cooper and her guest were speculating whether Waldrum might play his reserves in the first match against the U.S., basically throwing the game, and instead focus on winning the next two and making the semis. It makes strategic sense but Cooper (who knows Waldrum well from her work with the Houston Dash) said it isn't in his nature to do that.

Match is at Sporting Park in Kansas City, a great venue. Weather looks to be perfect (60 degrees, clear). Hopefully a decent crowd turns out. Sporting KC recognized Holiday and Sauerbrunn on the field last Friday for their NWSL title, so perhaps that ginned up some publicity and interest. Kickoff is at 8:30 ET, televised on Fox Sports 2 (or again, online at FoxSoccer2Go). Guatemala and Haiti play earlier on the same field.

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2014, 10:20:03 AM »
The flier advertises the match as being shown on Fox Soccer Plus (Channel 77 - Flow). Just checked the schedule on TV and it seems that it's being carried delayed from 1 am. In fact, the opening match seems to be showing from around 10 or so.  ???

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2014, 10:40:31 AM »
The flier advertises the match as being shown on Fox Soccer Plus (Channel 77 - Flow). Just checked the schedule on TV and it seems that it's being carried delayed from 1 am. In fact, the opening match seems to be showing from around 10 or so.  ???

Hi Presspass,

The 3 T&T group games are on Fox Sports 2 , channel 173 on FLOW.

You can call FLOW and add it to your package for the remainder of the month. It also broadcasts Champions League/FA Cup/International football so you may keep the channel as it serves a purpose to football fans.

Hope that helps !

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2014, 10:48:10 AM »

Hi Presspass,

You can call FLOW and add it to your package for the remainder of the month. It also broadcasts Champions League/FA Cup/International football so you may keep the channel as it serves a purpose to football fans.

Hope that helps !

Ey thanks Banton,

Just got through to Flow. $29.99 for seven channels in the "Flow Extreme" package. Hate patronizing that company but so be it.

Come on ladies, let's eke out a massive draw tonight.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »

Hi Presspass,

Hope that helps !

Ey thanks Banton,

Just got through to Flow. $29.99 for seven channels in the "Flow Extreme" package. Hate patronizing that company but so be it.

Come on ladies, let's eke out a massive draw tonight.

Ah Presspass, If one thing is for certain it is Flow is extreme garbage.

Glad you got through friend.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
Have my tickets in hand & they say 7:30 PM  start tonight for our Women's game  so wouldn't want anyone to tune in late as all advertising we have been seeing is saying 8:30 PM.

Cheers  19

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
Have my tickets in hand & they say 7:30 PM  start tonight for our Women's game  so wouldn't want anyone to tune in late as all advertising we have been seeing is saying 8:30 PM.

It is 7:30pm Kansas local time (Central Time Zone), which is 8:30pm EST.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

National Under 20 captain Anique Walker and defender Patrice Superville have been drafted into the squad due to injuries to Danielle Blair and Afiyah Matthias.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
The moment of truth has arrived  with  just about 2 hours to go before kick off  featuring our female  soca warriors... i just want wish  the team  ( our women warriors) and coaching staff the very best ,  Represent well  . we are behind each of you all de way ..  god bless  TnT     Lady warriors  and Fear not ...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2014, 04:44:47 PM »
Drama in de Guatemala vs Haiti game.

De Haitian keeper conceded ah penalty and get ah straight red card in de 17th minute. De substitute came in and saved de penalty.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
We cutting Haiti arse level. Guatemala looking ok. I think we need to use we speed vs. these 2 teams and smash them.  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

1]; } ?>