March 28, 2024, 12:48:46 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62149 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »
I don't understand how the TTFA who is responsible for football in T&T have done all that they can. I think it's time someone else give it a try. The government need to revoke their mandate from the TTFA. They have proven time and again to be inept at running an efficient and effective program.

We need better than talk and posturing. People who are capable of securing the necessary resources and services required, should be put in charge.

Better needs to be done. No excuses.

But, who would you suggest? I'm not sure about what exact roles are required to run the TTFA, but I would imagine you would need people with a working knowledge of law (especially contract law), good experience in sales & marketing (not a guy behind a desk, but someone who can conceive, write and deliver proposals to sponsors), and someone knowledgeable about football and football related matters. I would imagine that these people would all command salaries in excess of TT$20k per month. As I see it, Sheldon is doing all three, while also being General Secretary. Until you invest in the management levels, the rest of the organisation will suffer.
Problem is, where do the funds come from initially to start the enterprise?
It's catch 22. I guarantee that a good sales/marketing guy could bring in 2 or 3 million a year, but it would take him 6-12 months to see success.   

JW did it successfully for free! ;D

Going public on Twitter about this... was that the right move?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
T&T Women's Soccer Team could use help with meal money.
By Barry Petchesky (deadspin.com).

Trinidad and Tobago just made it to the United States for the final round of qualifying for the 2015 Women's World Cup, a goal the island nation has never achieved in its 23 years of fielding a women's soccer team. It's not going to be easy: the "Soca Princesses" have arrived with, quite literally, not much more than the kits on their backs.

Their (unpaid) coach is Randy Waldrum of the NWSL's Houston Dash, but who is probably better known for leading Notre Dame to national titles in 2004 and 2010. When the T&T women arrived in Dallas last night, Waldrum was shocked to learn just how unprepared their Football Association left them.

It's a miracle T&T has even made it this far, and I don't mean winning the Caribbean Cup on home soil to qualify for this final round of qualifying.

The Soca Princesses were supposed to leave for the U.S. last Saturday, but the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association didn't have the $40,000 it said it needed to process the team's visa applications. Only last minute financial support from the Ministry of Sport and the state-owned oil company allowed the team to take off.

If you're able and willing to help, you can reach Waldrum at rwaldrum@houstondynamo.com.

Trinidad and Tobago open up qualifying against the USWNT at Kansas City's Sporting Park on Oct. 15.

Randy Waldrum (tweet)

I need HELP! T&T sent a team here last night with $500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing.

I don't know how I'm going to feed these players starting at lunch today! If you know of anyone in Dallas area that will help with food, etc

Please let me know asap!  And I'm suppose to qualify this team for a World Cup! I have to help these players somehow..they deserve better

http://deadspin.com/trinidad-and-tobago-womens-soccer-team-could-use-help-w-1643864270

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Randy Waldrum and Trinidad & Tobago Need Your Help for the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship
http://orangeintheoven.com/2014/10/08/randy-waldrum-trinidad-tobago-need-help-2014-concacaf-championship/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:18 PM »
 :-[

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
Well ! Well ! Well ! ..........this  is certainly alarming , if what i've  just read is accurate and not misleading information coming from the national women's camp in texas , i have to say  this is enough to make alot of people   angry  , this is real damn nonsense..!!  is this the sort  treatment  our  national team players  deserve, on the eve of a major tournament ? As i type  this response  i have to admit i am fuming , and ashamed to say the least  at the turn of  events as it relates to the these young women  who are making tremendous sacrifices  in order to represent   our country  and have so far done us proud  without a doubt..!!!!  These young women certainly deserve better than this .!! Right now ah so  :cursing: vex   ...

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
I've been getting soccer fans at work coming up to me today and asking about this. Sh*t is embarrassing. Did they really not get prize money?!

I understand why the coach went to twitter and I appreciate him putting the TTFA on blast because someone has to! If no one wants to take accountability then nothing will change.  And this is from a coach that's working for FREE. I think he genuinely cares about the girls and giving them a chance to do something they haven't done in the 23 years. 

However, I still feel a way about it. It's embarrassing. We're supposed to be one of the powerhouses and yet we're being looked at now like a damn third world country.   It's discouraging to the players, the prospect players, the people, and others.

:-[

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
For impoverished Trinidad & Tobago team, greatest challenges are off of field.
By Jeff Kassouf (womens.soccerly.com)

Well before practice begins for the United States women’s national team — the world’s No. 1 team — the typically immaculate field is ready for the training session ahead. Cones are perfectly distanced off for warm-up sprints, resistance bands lay on the sidelines for stretching and dozens of pristine Nike balls sit in several areas of the field, waiting to be used in drills.

Trinidad & Tobago players know nothing of such a scene.

“We left (Trinidad & Tobago) with no balls, cones, nothing,” striker Kennya Cordner said Wednesday.

Thirteen players arrived in the Dallas on Tuesday afternoon, with only $500, coach Randy Waldrum said. He took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to rally support and funding for the team, which he and players say got a flight to Dallas and nothing more. The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association said on Wednesday that the $500 was just for the first day, and that additional funds will be sent to the team throughout the week. But promises have been made before.

The Soca Princesses, as they are nicknamed, open the final round of World Cup qualifying against the United States on Oct 15. Trinidad & Tobago are the Caribbean champions and they have a legitimate chance to become the first Caribbean team to qualify for a Women’s World Cup, which in 2015 will feature 24 teams for the first time. Three automatic berths are on the line this month, with the fourth-place finisher getting one last chance in an international playoff vs. Ecuador.

“As a coach, it’s hard for me, because I know what we are about to face on the 15th,” Waldrum said. “I think a lot of our players don’t know. For a lot of our players, it’s going to be a real eye-opener. And for the people back in Trinidad, it’s going to be a real eye-opener.”

The off-field struggle the Trinidadian players face is nothing new for them; they are often lucky just to practice at all. Field space is hard to come by on the islands, not to mention water and equipment. When the team can secure field space, it is often underwater or shared with another team.

Waldrum, a 58-year-old American who is also in charge of the National Women’s Soccer League’s Houston Dash, says he had eight practice balls to use throughout the summer. He often uses the word “nightmare” when describing the team’s ongoing quandary.

Tuesday’s partial-team arrival comes a week after the originally planned date, delays caused by a lack of finances for 13 player visas, which required a little over $6,000 USD to obtain. (The rest of the players are U.S.-based college players.) Some players still haven’t made it to Dallas, where the team is training on MLS side FC Dallas’ grounds before heading to Kansas City, Kan., for the tournament opener.

Waldrum knows he just needs to make it to Monday, when CONCACAF funding for the tournament kicks in. Then the team will finally have financial coverage from the federation for flights, hotels and meals.

In Trinidad in September, the team was housed by the state-owned oil company Petrotrin, who also offered field space for training. Waldrum says he had anywhere from 6-14 players at training, which varied due to players’ work commitments. The field was flooded with ankle-deep water for the first week of September training. (“The ball couldn’t even roll.”) There was no trainer, no medical equipment, and sometimes there wasn’t even water. There are no stipends or per diems for players, so food and basic necessities are at a premium.

Trinidadian Jack Warner’s many financial controversies are widely acknowledged as a factor in the state of the TTFA, but it’s hard for Waldrum, players or anyone to pinpoint exactly how much of a role those played in the association’s current state.

Wednesday’s public outcry from Waldrum could be what was needed. Money from the Ministry of Sport and Petrotrin will be wired to the team later today, the TTFA said, with more to follow funds to follow later in the week. A team trainer, equipment manager and captain Maylee Attin-Johnson are scheduled to depart for Dallas on Wednesday as well, with the entire 20-team squad in place by Monday, two days before the start of the tournament. Some follower on Twitter even set-up Paypal accounts to help fund the team.

Still, improvements – and hope that more may be on the horizon – are often hard to see.

“For us players back home, we can’t put (the federation) on blast because Trinidadian culture is different,” Cordner said.

“Coach meant well (with his tweets) but people won’t see that. People need to.”

Waldrum remains steadfast – “crazy as I may be” – in thinking that Trinidad & Tobago can still qualify for the World Cup, despite the setbacks. The U.S. game is likely a wash for T&T, but Haiti and Guatemala are winnable games.

Trinidad & Tobago’s struggles are unique, but not unheard of across a still very machismo region. Haiti, one of T&T’s group opponents, endures similar struggles on top of being a nation still in the shadow of a tragic 2010 earthquake that killed approximately 300,000 people.

Waldrum has been open in the past about his desire to one day coach the U.S. women, the most coveted job in the sport. The job re-opened twice in the past two years, but Waldrum says that in no way does he view this tournament as a proving ground for himself.

Waldrum works for Trinidad & Tobago pro bono and he says he sometimes wonders if the constant disorganization is worth it. But the players’ spirits always remind him why he’s coaching.

“I’ve been doing this for 10 years,” said Cordner, who has played in Sweden, Australia and most recently in Seattle both professionally and as an amateur. “I’ve been all over the world and I know what it is to have and to not have.

“We are doing this because we love the game and we want to qualify for the World Cup. If we were doing this for the money, we would have left a long time ago.”

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:03:19 PM by Flex »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
JW did it successfully for free! ;D

Going public on Twitter about this... was that the right move?

Not sure that it was, but I don't doubt his motives... I think he legitimately panicked when he realize that was all that they had with them. 

Thirteen players arrived in the Dallas on Tuesday afternoon, with only $500, coach Randy Waldrum said. He took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to rally support and funding for the team, which he and players say got a flight to Dallas and nothing more. The Trinidad & Tobago Football Association said on Wednesday that the $500 was just for the first day, and that additional funds will be sent to the team throughout the week. But promises have been made before.

http://womens.soccerly.com/2014/10/08/trinidad-tobago-womens-soccer-financial-challenges-world-cup-qualifying/

I definitely understand why he did it, he just needs to guard against being too impulsive... as was the case with the Petrotrin criticism.  I like Waldrun though, he definitely deserves any benefit of the doubt/flexibility.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:24:21 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
Imagine if SH tweeted ...

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »
I Say kudos to Randy Waldrum for exposing  some of the existing  problems faced by the team and its players  ..!!    :thumbsup: coach

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2014, 05:19:46 PM »
oh gawd !!!!!!  what a flicking embarrassment. but is Trinbago no one will be held to account

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
I Say kudos to Randy Waldrum for exposing  some of the existing  problems faced by the team and its players  ..!!    :thumbsup: coach

Waldrum may raise more funds in one day than Tim Kee and Phillip combine in 2 yrs without gov't support.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2014, 06:21:58 PM »
So u mean to sat the TTFA couldn'teven throw a boat ride of curry que or any other creative way to raise some funds. They are a joke.
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Don't be surprised if this episode negatively affects the performance of the team people.

If the Women perrform to full potential after all of this then we should view them as heroes with little thanks to the TTFA.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »
I really surprise by the lack of ' call out' to the government- yuh mean it still have you ent see lackeys who would absolve the government for their lack of support here?

Why not a public outcry and denounce this incompetent government - who is the new  dud they have as sports minister?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
TTFA STATEMENT

Thirteen members of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team arrived in Dallas last night for a training camp ahead of their opening CONCACAF World Cup qualifying final round fixture against the United States in Kansas. City.

The team was met in Dallas by head coach Randy Waldrum and is based at the Comfort Inn with the training ground located nearby where the team’s training sessions will take place until October 12th. The full 20-member squad will engage in the training camp before leaving for Kansas City on October 13th.

The TTFA wishes to advise that following the release of funds from the Ministry of Sport and Petrotrin, additional monies will be sent to the team today and the remaining funds will be delivered later in the week to cover expenses including meals and other allowances for the current training camp.

The Ministry of Sport and Petrotrin have come forward to support the National Women’s Team in their quest for qualification for the 2015 Women’s World Cup.

CONCACAF will cover all related expenses over the duration of the tournament. 

Initially US$500 was sent with the traveling contingent on Tuesday to cover meals and transportation for the first day as up to Tuesday evening, the FA was still in the process of finalizing transactions to convert funding to US Currency.

Team physio Michael Taylor, Equipment manager Claire George, along with team equipment and team captain Maylee Attin-Johnson are scheduled to depart for Dallas today to join Waldrum and the rest of the contingent.

Speaking shortly before boarding the flight with her teammates to Dallas, midfielder Mariah Shade, said she was optimistic of T&T’s chances, adding that the recent training camp at the Petrotrin Beach Camp facility in Palo Seco was a boost to the team’s preparations.

“The last two weeks was tremendous to as a team. That camp did a lot for us. We were together and we were practicing hard. Team cohesion was important for us at that point and I definitely think we went to the next level. This period was important for us going forward to this tournament,” Shade said

“I believe we are all on the same page when it comes to going out there and playing and giving our all. It’s a good bunch and it’s about coming together now as a team and focusing on the task ahead of us.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »
TTFA STATEMENT

Thirteen members of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team arrived in Dallas last night for a training camp ahead of their opening CONCACAF World Cup qualifying final round fixture against the United States in Kansas. City.

The team was met in Dallas by head coach Randy Waldrum and is based at the Comfort Inn with the training ground located nearby where the team’s training sessions will take place until October 12th. The full 20-member squad will engage in the training camp before leaving for Kansas City on October 13th.

The TTFA wishes to advise that following the release of funds from the Ministry of Sport and Petrotrin, additional monies will be sent to the team today and the remaining funds will be delivered later in the week to cover expenses including meals and other allowances for the current training camp.

The Ministry of Sport and Petrotrin have come forward to support the National Women’s Team in their quest for qualification for the 2015 Women’s World Cup.

CONCACAF will cover all related expenses over the duration of the tournament. 

Initially US$500 was sent with the traveling contingent on Tuesday to cover meals and transportation for the first day as up to Tuesday evening, the FA was still in the process of finalizing transactions to convert funding to US Currency.

Team physio Michael Taylor, Equipment manager Claire George, along with team equipment and team captain Maylee Attin-Johnson are scheduled to depart for Dallas today to join Waldrum and the rest of the contingent.

Speaking shortly before boarding the flight with her teammates to Dallas, midfielder Mariah Shade, said she was optimistic of T&T’s chances, adding that the recent training camp at the Petrotrin Beach Camp facility in Palo Seco was a boost to the team’s preparations.

“The last two weeks was tremendous to as a team. That camp did a lot for us. We were together and we were practicing hard. Team cohesion was important for us at that point and I definitely think we went to the next level. This period was important for us going forward to this tournament,” Shade said

“I believe we are all on the same page when it comes to going out there and playing and giving our all. It’s a good bunch and it’s about coming together now as a team and focusing on the task ahead of us.”

That's a statement. Them serious right now? FFS
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »
From the new Women Warrior Facebook page

As a follow up to the earlier news release, the TTFA is advising that a cheque valued at TT$250,000 was presented to the FA by the Ministry of Sport this afternoon. The money, in US currency will be taken to the camp in Dallas by the team manager Vernetta Flanders who is expected to travel tomorrow. This will cover team related expenses as well as part of the player allowances for the team camp and the tournament which commences on October 15th. A Petrotrin cheque valued at TT$75,000 was also presented to the TTFA to assist with the Women’ Team campaign.

T&T SENIOR WOMEN'S TEAM IN DALLAS FOR TRAINING CAMP
Wednesday, 08 October 2014 18:46

TTFA STATEMENT

MORE: http://ttffonline.com/home/latest-news/womens-senior-team/900-tat-senior-womens-team-in-dallas-for-training-camp.html

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »
I see some people show up with a good amount of water, fruits and sports drinks for the players at the hotel.  :thumbsup:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
I see some people show up with a good amount of water, fruits and sports drinks for the players at the hotel.  :thumbsup:

Where yuh seein dat boy?  I on the facebook page but I doh see anything.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »
That it would come to this ...  :bs:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »

Great stuff!!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Big-up to all the T&T supporters who stepped in to help out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:14:14 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »

That is really heartening... sincere appreciation for all the US fans of the game who rallied to support.  Folks went to Costco and stocked up for the team, that is really inspirational stuff, that they would just answer the call last-minute so to help out a bunch of 'foreigners.'  :applause: :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »
Sport Ministry responds
T&T Express Reports.

Following is a statement released yesterday by the Minsitry of sport regarding the financial assistance being given to the national women’s football team:

“With regard to the participation of the national senior women’s team in the final round of World Cup 2015 qualification, the official request and accompanying documentation from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) was only received at the office of Minister of Sport, Dr the Honourable Rupert Griffith late Tuesday afternoon at 3.30 p.m.

Minister Griffith dispatched copies of the correspondence and supporting documents to officials at the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company who immediately began the necessary processing to facilitate payments.

Earlier today (Wednesday), TTFA General Secretary Sheldon Phillips received an initial payment of TT$250,000.00 from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago.

The Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company will continue to work with the TTFA in order to expedite the additional payments associated with the team’s World Cup qualification campaign. The total request from the TTFA for the campaign is TT$873,118.67 (US$137,715.88).

The Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company remain committed to providing the necessary support to national athletes and teams but remind National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) that the timely submission of documentation is critical to facilitate the necessary oversight, protocols and procedures associated with the release of state funds.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2014, 02:07:02 AM »
TTFF MEDIA

As a follow up to the earlier news release, the TTFA is advising that a cheque valued at TT$250,000 was presented to the FA by the Ministry of Sport this afternoon. The money, in US currency will be taken to the camp in Dallas by the team manager Vernetta Flanders who is expected to travel tomorrow. This will cover team related expenses as well as part of the player allowances for the team camp and the tournament which commences on October 15th. A Petrotrin cheque valued at TT$75,000 was also presented to the TTFA to assist with the Women’ Team campaign.

A follow up tweet from Randy Waldrum. So far close to US$10,000 has been raised online through accounts set up in the US to assist the team by supporters of Waldrum and the T&T team. Contributions of TT$250,000 from the Sport Company of T&T and TT$75,000 from Petrotrin have also been received.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2014, 05:16:34 AM »
For impoverished Trinidad & Tobago team, greatest challenges are off of field.
By Jeff Kassouf (womens.soccerly.com)

“For us players back home, we can’t put (the federation) on blast because Trinidadian culture is different,” Cordner said.

???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
Sportt meets soccer women’s cry for help

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has received an initial payment of $250,000 from the Sports Company (SPORTT) to look after the national women's team in the final round of World Cup 2015 qualification, in Kansas City, USA.

The Soca Princesses are preparing for their opening Concacaf Women’s Final Round Fifa World Cup 2015 qualifiers against host USA next Wednesday at Sporting Park, Kansas City from 8.30pm.

Yesterday, American-born coach Randy Waldrum who took over the helm of the team prior to their topping the Caribbean Football Union Women’s Cup in August made an urgent call for financial help from anyone in the Dallas, Texas, where the team arrived for a training camp on Monday.

Waldrum tweeted: “ I need HELP. T&T sent a team here last night with US$500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing. I don’t d’now I’m going to feed these players starting at lunch today. If you know of anyone in Dallas area that will help with food, etc.

“Please let me know asap!. And I’m suppose to qualify this team for a World Cup. I have to help these players somehow. they deserve better.”

The TTFA issued a release which said the US$500 was sent with the traveling contingent on Tuesday to cover meals and transportation for the first day as up to Tuesday evening. It noted that the Association was still in the process of finalising transactions to convert funding to US currency.

In a release yesterday, Sportt revealed that it will continue to work with the TTFA to expedite the additional payments associated with the team's campaign. The total request from the TTFA for the campaign is $873,118.

Sportt noted that the official request and accompanying documentation from the TTFA was only received at the office of Minister of Sport, Dr Rupert Griffith late Tuesday afternoon at 3.30pm.

“Minister Griffith dispatched copies of the correspondence and supporting documents to officials at the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company who immediately began the necessary processing to facilitate payments.”

Sportt noted that the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company remained committed to providing the necessary support to national athletes and teams but remind National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) that the timely submission of documentation is critical to facilitate the necessary oversight, protocols and procedures associated with the release of state funds.

The full 20-member squad will engage in the training camp before leaving for Kansas City on Monday.

T&T will open its campaign against the USA on Wednesday before going on to meet Haiti and Guatemala in a bid to reach the World Cup final in Canada next year.

Source: Trinidad & Tobago Guardian; published Thursday, October 9, 2014

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2014, 05:37:37 AM »
TTFF MEDIA

A follow up tweet from Randy Waldrum. So far close to US$10,000 has been raised online through accounts set up in the US to assist the team by supporters of Waldrum and the T&T team. Contributions of TT$250,000 from the Sport Company of T&T and TT$75,000 from Petrotrin have also been received.

ah tell you'll Waldrum get more private contributions in one day than Tim Kee and Phillips get in 2 yrs. On another note why we teams always flying out half half so, these things must be addressed
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:39:25 AM by royal »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »

That is really heartening... sincere appreciation for all the US fans of the game who rallied to support.  Folks went to Costco and stocked up for the team, that is really inspirational stuff, that they would just answer the call last-minute so to help out a bunch of 'foreigners.'  :applause: :beermug:

As weird as it sounds, this could be the catalyst that sees T&T women reach the World Cup. After the public response in USA, I imagine that most U.S. supporters will be rooting for "poor old T&T" as their second team. We may see that T&T are virtually playing home fixtures. (In fact, with only 1,200 supporting our boys last night, the girls could enjoy far greater support in USA!).
But, yes, inspirational stuff, and if we do win through, it would make a great little docu-drama for TV.

1]; } ?>