March 29, 2024, 08:32:45 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62190 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
So now that funds are on the way....
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2014, 07:51:03 AM »
What are Mr. Durham's plans for the generous Paypal donations sent to the charity drive?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
FS it would have been added inspiration if members of the 2006 warriors donated their government  handouts to support these women!! Yuh think government really getting that money back? What a joke!

Anyhow this situation could be a rallying cry for the team- we will survive this first adversity and this will unite a team in a common focus- Lesson Learned you have to fight for everything you have to earn the prize ent nobody giving you anything just so. You are champions one day and the next is like you are a refugee,,,

What a glorious opportunity to take at his setback and turn it into a story that movies are made of?
 Destitute team Caribbean champions coached by an unpaid volunteered coach goes on to defeat USA at home and then earns World Cup spot!!

When allyuh  meet with success go home and doh take no  media pictures with no ministers  and check allyuh votes for 2015 election - pay back go be ah bitch.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:29:41 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »
ah tell you'll Waldrum get more private contributions in one day than Tim Kee and Phillips get in 2 yrs. On another note why we teams always flying out half half so, these things must be addressed

True, but sad. But this situation has a lot of politics in it. Tim Kee being a PNM is a big liability for the TTFA.
There is a big distrust of anything PNM at this moment.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2014, 08:33:36 AM »
Those folks did our team a great service there.  That is sure to lift the girls' spirits.
TTFF looking very bad right now.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »
ah tell you'll Waldrum get more private contributions in one day than Tim Kee and Phillips get in 2 yrs. On another note why we teams always flying out half half so, these things must be addressed

True, but sad. But this situation has a lot of politics in it. Tim Kee being a PNM is a big liability for the TTFA.
There is a big distrust of anything PNM at this moment.

Deeks I agree that there is a political twist to this-" I smell a rat" in all of this  but who is distrusting whom? Leh we talk distrust- who should be distrusted with funds  after the Life Support  make everyone Millionaire giveaways? Who should be distrust when a certain minister was special advisor and allegations of government funds during the 2006 campaign wS allegedly not accounted for? Who should be distrusted when a government could hand out public funds in the millions to the 2006 members and tell then give it back when all yuh go do what we should be doing?
What ah joke?
Distrust as a nation we should be up in arms with the amount of  distrust going on! Heard  anything  from the new minister of sports?  Yeah  is politics  alright .

Remember - here we have multiple national teams but do we have a government run national stadium?  Ok well recall where the national team tournaments used to be played- right Center of Excellence. I attended many games thee from U17 women's games national team games etc- who allegedly owned that stadium? Who was allegedly gaining proceeds from those games?  I would like to think that the then TTFF was gaining supporting funds as well. However did the government or minister of sports then not see a potential conflict of interest? Should the national teams not belaying at a national stadium and the ministry be involved in the dispersal of funds?
Heap politics alright rich man politics-

Any of the 2006 socawarriors who get they government handout want to come and help out? that would be inspirational.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:08:12 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2014, 08:59:10 AM »

That is really heartening... sincere appreciation for all the US fans of the game who rallied to support.  Folks went to Costco and stocked up for the team, that is really inspirational stuff, that they would just answer the call last-minute so to help out a bunch of 'foreigners.'  :applause: :beermug:

Some Guyanese people showed up with a trunk full of that stuff.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2014, 09:01:13 AM »
Beggars can't be choosers- a drowning man will grasp at any straw no matter the alleged origin

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »
For impoverished Trinidad & Tobago team, greatest challenges are off of field.
By Jeff Kassouf (womens.soccerly.com)

“For us players back home, we can’t put (the federation) on blast because Trinidadian culture is different,” Cordner said.

???

I have been shocked and confused by some of the statements she has been making.

Initially she was saying Trinis need to mind their business and stop talking. That they(Trinis) don't know what going on. This was when people first find out that they were in need of assistance.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »
Beggars can't be choosers- a drowning man will grasp at any straw no matter the alleged origin

Yeah was making it known that people from different places were assisting.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
This is real embarrassing.  If the TTFF didn't have the money to fund the build-up camp in the U.S. for the tournament, why they they send the girls stranded like that?  For the coach to tweet like that, it must have been real desperation.  What really is sad though is to see monies go to waste with corrupted, unaudited programs like Lifesport.  A little fuss was kicked up, but nothing will be done with the audit reports on the corruption that existed in the program.  Yet, legitimate causes like this one go unfunded.  Something seriously wrong with Trinidad.   I know ah gone off on a tangent, but every day that pasts gets me more disgusted about the state of affairs in that country.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »

“For us players back home, we can’t put (the federation) on blast because Trinidadian culture is different,” Cordner said.

???

Initially she was saying Trinis need to mind their business and stop talking. That they(Trinis) don't know what going on. This was when people first find out that they were in need of assistance.

The press is the press and they say what that are going to say , good bad & or fugly  :banginghead:
Where is our media officer  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »

That is really heartening... sincere appreciation for all the US fans of the game who rallied to support.  Folks went to Costco and stocked up for the team, that is really inspirational stuff, that they would just answer the call last-minute so to help out a bunch of 'foreigners.'  :applause: :beermug:

As weird as it sounds, this could be the catalyst that sees T&T women reach the World Cup. After the public response in USA, I imagine that most U.S. supporters will be rooting for "poor old T&T" as their second team. We may see that T&T are virtually playing home fixtures. (In fact, with only 1,200 supporting our boys last night, the girls could enjoy far greater support in USA!).
But, yes, inspirational stuff, and if we do win through, it would make a great little docu-drama for TV.

Good point FS! I didn't think of it in that way. God works in mysterious ways!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:51:27 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »
 Ah cool down and ah want to take a re-frame of this situation. while not ignoring the current reality what if:

- the coach using a psychological ploy to rally the troops- get them united behind a common cause?
- yuh know the team coming up against the number one ranked team- so why not create some distraction- take the heat of the players and  get them angry enough to play with some real venom?
- create mass sympathy on USA home soil to garner support- good bad or indiffferent.
- What if we playing \ dead ' to catch ' cobeau or cobeaux' alive?

Look nah , barring  what is the test of  our brilliance will be in the quality of our game as Caribbean Champions- that feeling ; that momentum of the sweet taste of victory must be forever savored and be recalled as we take on  what we really came to do- qualify for the WC.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
It's not just the womens team.

The TTFF or TTFA or whatever they call themselves are a serious mess

Right now, Football in Syria better organized than in T&T
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2014, 11:09:54 AM »

???

The press is the press and they say what that are going to say , good bad & or fugly  :banginghead:
Where is our media officer  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Not the press. I am talking about posts she made on FB.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
As weird as it sounds, this could be the catalyst that sees T&T women reach the World Cup. After the public response in USA, I imagine that most U.S. supporters will be rooting for "poor old T&T" as their second team. We may see that T&T are virtually playing home fixtures. (In fact, with only 1,200 supporting our boys last night, the girls could enjoy far greater support in USA!).
But, yes, inspirational stuff, and if we do win through, it would make a great little docu-drama for TV.

I don't think it's weird at all, I think you're right.  I too was thinking that this could make us sentimental favorites in the US, after the American team.  I hope we put forth our best effort and justify the confidence and support shown in the team.  If we progress I bet this will take on international traction as a news item.  It's unfortunate that the misunderstanding an inefficiency has brought this 'negative' attention, but there is positive in any situation, and certainly many positives in this instance.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »

Be that as it may, a lot of Americans have rallied to Waldrum's call.

This is real embarrassing.  If the TTFF didn't have the money to fund the build-up camp in the U.S. for the tournament, why they they send the girls stranded like that?  For the coach to tweet like that, it must have been real desperation.  What really is sad though is to see monies go to waste with corrupted, unaudited programs like Lifesport.  A little fuss was kicked up, but nothing will be done with the audit reports on the corruption that existed in the program.  Yet, legitimate causes like this one go unfunded.  Something seriously wrong with Trinidad.   I know ah gone off on a tangent, but every day that pasts gets me more disgusted about the state of affairs in that country.

Is not that they send the girls stranded... Sportt and the MoS agreed to fund the trip but it only come thru last minute.  Allyuh know how hard it is to get USD in Trinidad, so all they could get on the eve of the flight was the $500 dollars.  Is not as Waldrum make it seem like that is all that they was going to get.  The rest of the funds had to be converted thru the MoS process... which it finally was.  Waldrum panicked and/or the TTFA did not communicate the situation/plans to him, making him think all he had to work with was the $500.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2014, 12:08:45 PM »

Is not that they send the girls stranded... Sportt and the MoS agreed to fund the trip but it only come thru last minute.  Allyuh know how hard it is to get USD in Trinidad, so all they could get on the eve of the flight was the $500 dollars.  Is not as Waldrum make it seem like that is all that they was going to get.  The rest of the funds had to be converted thru the MoS process... which it finally was.  Waldrum panicked and/or the TTFA did not communicate the situation/plans to him, making him think all he had to work with was the $500.

It all makes sense now.

Hopefully we can use this embarrassing incident to our advantage in unifying and motivating the team.

If we eventually qualify for the world cup, we could look back and view this as the defining moment.

God works in mysterious ways.   :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

It all makes sense now.

Hopefully we can use this embarrassing incident to our advantage in unifying and motivating the team.

If we eventually qualify for the world cup, we could look back and view this as the defining moment.

Bakes leh we hope that was the case but you know some good PR and a public apology  in the press to the team and the general public could undo this bad publicity. Someone has to make this right by explaining the situation so that this story is not an international shame when game time comes around and reporters and media announcers looking for an angle to set up the David and Goliath match.

I still beg the question how is it that Haiti and Jamaica with their economies could get USA currency and have their teams in place weeks before we could?

So to take it down a notch- for those who could remember the  'Gilligan's Island' tv show from the 60's theme song, here we go:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful team
That started from this Trinidad port
 Towards fulfilling the mighty dream.

The team was the victorious Caribbean Champions,
Their coach brave and sure.
The team set out that day
For a  the World Cup qualifying tour.

The journey started getting rough,
The team  was  penniless,
If not for the courage of the fearless supporters
The team would be lost, the team would be lost.

The Team  set ground on the  USA
With  players of caliber
The coach too, and his staff
had quite a laugh, to start
just qualify for  the World Cup
that will make us proud
 that will make us proud
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:26:58 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:46 PM »

It all makes sense now.

A country that is trading all that oil has a USD shortage.  They say the Central Bank messed up the FX allocation system.  We ain't know we head from we ass, when it comes to Finance down there.  They really need to import some proven finance professionals to boost the talent pool down there.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »

It all makes sense now.

A country that is trading all that oil has a USD shortage.  They say the Central Bank messed up the FX allocation system.  We ain't know we head from we ass, when it comes to Finance down there.  They really need to import some proven finance professionals to boost the talent pool down there.

The current PP government removed someone who is very well qualified as head of the Central Bank to put one of their unqualified larkies in the position.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=805669809472200

Any video on this all too quiet 11am press conference this morning ??

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »
How is it that they did not have equipment?  Surely they had balls and cones in Trini and it would be cost-effective to travel with them rather than have to buy in Dallas.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2014, 03:09:53 PM »
From facebook
https://www.facebook.com/HaitiWomensFootball

Haiti WNT to donate $1,316 to help feed Trinidad & Tobago players
As of yesterday the Haiti WNT fundraising page received $1,316 in donations from various individuals. Last night upon reading about Trinidad & Tobago's lack of resources, Haitian players made a unanimous decision to give it all to Trinidad & Tobago players.
"My players saw on social media the difficulties faced by T&T players and approached me about what can we do to help. I was stunned." said Haiti coach Shek Borkowski. "They were very animated about helping so I will do as they asked."

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »

The current PP government removed someone who is very well qualified as head of the Central Bank to put one of their unqualified larkies in the position.

Jwala Rambarran has a masters in financial economics.
A f**kin masters. 2 years of specialized study.  That is what is running our Central Bank.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
That is what I
From facebook
https://www.facebook.com/HaitiWomensFootball

Haiti WNT to donate $1,316 to help feed Trinidad & Tobago players
As of yesterday the Haiti WNT fundraising page received $1,316 in donations from various individuals. Last night upon reading about Trinidad & Tobago's lack of resources, Haitian players made a unanimous decision to give it all to Trinidad & Tobago players.
"My players saw on social media the difficulties faced by T&T players and approached me about what can we do to help. I was stunned." said Haiti coach Shek Borkowski. "They were very animated about helping so I will do as they asked."

I keep asking the simple question- How could Haiti and Jamaica with their country's economy make it happen and have their team prepare weeks before we could even get to Dallas?

This eh have to do with who have deep pockets before nah- so what T Kee trying to say was it was a one man show and he T Kee eh have the pockets, or the balls neither the cones to stand up and demand from this government sports minister to allocate funding for a national team?
He cyar stand up and make public what was wrong and what ought to be done to make it right? TIME TO ROLL OUT ,MR. KEE- Turn a new key key over to someone more capable to run this  organization. The last of the old guards must go!!!!!!!!

Haiti Thank you-  Remember there was a time when allegations were flinging about that FIFA mones for Haiti was  allegedly  ill disposed of by the one and only!!!!! Now the poor giving to the rich lawd father payback is a bitch. What is the PM stance on this?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
My editor friend say an article coming out on the wire saying Bill Clinton getting involved.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »
My editor friend say an article coming out on the wire saying Bill Clinton getting involved.

Nice one- when will our PM get involve?

ooooo waiting fuh when they win World Cup to give out land , hose and pappyshow all over the political trail for political gains yet when athletes in dire straits all the political millionaires running.

Yeah and yuh know it have people in here who go still vote fuh them come 2015 steups.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:44:58 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »

Nice one- when will our PM get involve?

ooooo waiting fuh when they win World Cup to give out land , hose and pappyshow all over the political trail for political gains yet when athletes in dire straits all the political millionaires running.

Yeah and yuh know it have people in here who go still vote fuh them come 2015 steups.....

Don't know why this story is still rolling and Haiti is trying to give money when the issue is now resolved.   :-\

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:02 PM »
Clinton plans to help the Haiti team.  That's really good for them btw.

"That's when Borkowski heard bombshell news: Haiti's soccer federation received a call from the Clinton Foundation, the charitable organization run by former President Bill Clinton and his family, saying it wanted to support the women's program.

Borkowski said he's been told to come up with a list of immediate needs for the team and a long-term budget. He hasn't been given a specific dollar figure.

"They told us they're ready to step up not just one time, but long term support for women's soccer in Haiti," Borkowski said in an interview Thursday. "That's exciting information for us. We've been doing whatever we can to get by."

Borkowski said that without the financial help, if the team didn't qualify for the World Cup, it would have likely been disbanded following the CONCACAF tournament.

The Clinton Foundation did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

1]; } ?>