April 18, 2024, 01:56:05 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62538 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
I think it will be a good move to send back the money that Haiti sent (if our team accepted it) as we have to play Haiti in our group and don't want our women to think that we owe them any favours.
Half of the battle here is psychological while the other half is talent, skills and preparation.

I agree 100%_ in war there is no  time to get into a psychological game of sympathy. I really applaud a team like Haiti for doing this though- I eh hear about Jamaica doing anything or for that matter the USA-

Give back the money and leh we go back to square one

TTFA,  find some pride and grow some balls.. Give back De effing money. Haiti have many poor people to feed. That money will go further there. GIVE BACK De MONEY!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2014, 03:31:43 PM »
if Tim Kee takes that money from Haiti it will clearly show the type of he is. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2014, 07:28:20 PM »
That's because yuh reading what yuh want I will quote yuh boyfriend for yuh.

Yeah the TTFA only find out they leaving ah day before. They had no idea the players did qualify for another tournament.

elan try that idiot talk with somebody else fella... yuh tilting at windmills and ent even realize it.  No matter how far in advance they knew of the team needing to travel to the US if they don't have money then they don't have money.  Is not now the TTFA asking the government for financial assistance, the government only sees fit to step in when it has the FA over a barrel or when it could make itself look like saviors, rushing in in the nick of time to save the day.  Yuh doh have to take my word fuh it, I's ah lackey as yuh put it... just take a look at the actions of the Ministry, starting with when Anil was in charge, up until now.  But anyways, all of that "they had no idea talk" is smoke and mirrors... all the shit yuh talking all thread, now the truth coming out regarding the Dallas money fiasco and yuh start deflecting with "boyfriend" talk in hopes that people might get distracted and fuhget de shit yuh talking.

What shit I talking. I have shown you where you is the one who have no clue what you talking about and just trying to defend the indefensible.

So I talking shit that a parent gave the players the money? Look Mr. TTFA say it himself.

Anyway fella. Is everyone else fault that we in this mess, the TTFA trying.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
Yo Waldrum. If you reading this. Listen. You kinda piss me off with the apology to tiny tim and the very professional ttfa. You kinda soft. They not professional but expect you to be professional. Don't do as they do, just do what they say.

Question: Have you ever seen, read, or heard any kind of apology coming from the ttfa to anyone for that matter that was sincere? Your apologies is not warranted nor is it needed here. It is not like they paying you nor do they control you. By the way you can quit anytime you see fit. All this headache you experiencing and these unnecessary changes you going through right now is not worth it. I am shocked that people are shocked by this latest fiasco. This is nothing new.

Word to the wise. If you are going to stick around as though you hoping to get paid, good luck with that and partner, you better get use to the bullshit because there is more to come.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
so why Waldrum always embarrassing the TTFA then saying sorry? It isn't the first time, it also happened when they were in de Palo Seco camp

I find we women unsettled to much. As soon as they on a high things happening to distract them. Kinda not liking it.

I'm starting to think that not all (free) that glisten is gold.  :-\   

What a story it will be if Haiti qualified in 3rd place ahead of T&T.

CT.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
Yo Waldrum. If you reading this. Listen. You kinda piss me off with the apology to tiny tim and the very professional ttfa. You kinda soft. They not professional but expect you to be professional. Don't do as they do, just do what they say.

Question: Have you ever seen, read, or heard any kind of apology coming from the ttfa to anyone for that matter that was sincere? Your apologies is not warranted nor is it needed here. It is not like they paying you nor do they control you. By the way you can quit anytime you see fit. All this headache you experiencing and these unnecessary changes you going through right now is not worth it. I am shocked that people are shocked by this latest fiasco. This is nothing new.

Word to the wise. If you are going to stick around as though you hoping to get paid, good luck with that and partner, you better get use to the bullshit because there is more to come.

Come on King Deese! If you have nothing positive to say to inspire the coach if he reads the thread then why post it.

There is a possibility that this coach can qualify our team to the Women's World Cup and you are doing your best to discourage him?!

What sort of patriot are you?!

If he qualifies the team to the next World Cup the band wagonnist sponsors will jump on board and the coach will be well rewarded for his efforts so cut the over negative BS!

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
so why Waldrum always embarrassing the TTFA then saying sorry? It isn't the first time, it also happened when they were in de Palo Seco camp

I find we women unsettled to much. As soon as they on a high things happening to distract them. Kinda not liking it.

I'm starting to think that not all (free) that glisten is gold.  :-\   

What a story it will be if Haiti qualified in 3rd place ahead of T&T.

CT.

And also what a story it will be if T&T qualifies in 3rd place ahead of Haiti.

I would just like us to give Haiti back the money they donated if we were shameless enough to accept it as we don't need to owe them any favours at this point before we face them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:15:53 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »
Come on already, with the if this and if that. I don't have to do my best to discourage this dude. The very professional ttfa is going to do that on their own.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2014, 12:24:41 AM »
Political move to get rid of Tim Kee, election coming up,it was an inside job. Waldrum trying to show he face as well to get a high profile position in the U.S. What a way to show your face, what he did, will it work? New president in the making.   

:yellowcard: :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:49:55 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2014, 05:19:58 AM »
FC Dallas, T&T women match raises US$1,500.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The Soca Princesses were able to raise a further US$1,500 via an exhibition match against FC Dallas women on Thursday night at the Toyota Soccer Centre, Dr Pink Field, Dallas, USA, as they continue to put a torrid start to their US training camp ahead of next week’s Concacaf Women’s World Cup qualifiers behind them.

Earlier on Thursday, T&T’s USA-born coach Randy Waldrum was able to source US$9,300 in donations after his twitter rant on Tuesday about the lack of support from the T&T Football Association was met with shock by most of the local sporting and international community.

Meanwhile, the Haitian women’s team, who T&T will face next, decided to empty its account by donating all of its US$1,300 to the T&T team to carry the total monies collected by the team over the last three days to US$52,600.

In addition to the monies raised and other donations given to the team by well wishers and close football associates of Waldrum from the Dallas community, the Maylee Attin-Johnson-captained team, which meets host USA in its group opener on Wednesday, was also provided with US$40,000 from the T&TFA after it was able to change some of the $250,000 the local federation received from the Sports Company (SPORTT).

Taking to his twitter account Waldrum tweeted: “A huge thank you to @FCDallas for going above & beyond for T&T WNT. Gave us facility, game proceeds, meals, etc. Front office is top class.”

Earlier on, Waldrum, a former coach at top US women’s College team, the University of Notre Dame, also praised his team’s first contributors in Richie Jaynes, tweeting: A huge thanks to @richiejaynes & family for being the 1st to come to our aid...2 meals, drinks, money, and time committed to T&T! #classact.”

On Tuesday, 13 members of the Soca Princesses team and technical staff left for Dallas, Texas for the final part of their live-in camp ahead of the World Cup qualifiers with only US$500 and on arrival in the USA when coach Waldrum heard the news he took to social media to vent his anger, which he then apologised for via a letter to the T&TFA president Raymond Tim Kee.

The Soca Princesses are preparing for their opening Concacaf Women’s Final Round Fifa World Cup 2015 qualifiers against host USA next Wednesday at Sporting Park, Kansas City, from 8.30 pm.

In addition to USA, the T&T will also face Haiti on October 17 at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois, from 6.30 pm and Guatemala two days later to end round-robin play at Robert F Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington DC while Jamaica, runners-up to T&T in the CFU women’s competition competes in the other group with Costa Ricaand Mexico.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2014, 07:20:26 AM »
I've heard the competing arguments and when you understand what is at stake, Waldrun was right to ring the alarm.
Go Lady Warriors !!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

The Soca Princesses were able to raise a further US$1,500 via an exhibition match against FC Dallas women on Thursday night at the Toyota Soccer Centre, Dr Pink Field, Dallas, USA, as they continue to put a torrid start to their US training camp ahead of next week’s Concacaf Women’s World Cup qualifiers behind them.

Earlier on Thursday, T&T’s USA-born coach Randy Waldrum was able to source US$9,300 in donations after his twitter rant on Tuesday about the lack of support from the T&T Football Association was met with shock by most of the local sporting and international community.

Meanwhile, the Haitian women’s team, who T&T will face next, decided to empty its account by donating all of its US$1,300 to the T&T team to carry the total monies collected by the team over the last three days to US$52,600.

In addition to the monies raised and other donations given to the team by well wishers and close football associates of Waldrum from the Dallas community, the Maylee Attin-Johnson-captained team, which meets host USA in its group opener on Wednesday, was also provided with US$40,000 from the T&TFA after it was able to change some of the $250,000 the local federation received from the Sports Company (SPORTT).

Taking to his twitter account Waldrum tweeted: “A huge thank you to @FCDallas for going above & beyond for T&T WNT. Gave us facility, game proceeds, meals, etc. Front office is top class.”

Earlier on, Waldrum, a former coach at top US women’s College team, the University of Notre Dame, also praised his team’s first contributors in Richie Jaynes, tweeting: A huge thanks to @richiejaynes & family for being the 1st to come to our aid...2 meals, drinks, money, and time committed to T&T! #classact.”

On Tuesday, 13 members of the Soca Princesses team and technical staff left for Dallas, Texas for the final part of their live-in camp ahead of the World Cup qualifiers with only US$500 and on arrival in the USA when coach Waldrum heard the news he took to social media to vent his anger, which he then apologised for via a letter to the T&TFA president Raymond Tim Kee.

The Soca Princesses are preparing for their opening Concacaf Women’s Final Round Fifa World Cup 2015 qualifiers against host USA next Wednesday at Sporting Park, Kansas City, from 8.30 pm.

In addition to USA, the T&T will also face Haiti on October 17 at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois, from 6.30 pm and Guatemala two days later to end round-robin play at Robert F Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington DC while Jamaica, runners-up to T&T in the CFU women’s competition competes in the other group with Costa Ricaand Mexico.

so what was the score of the exhibition game?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »
[

T&T won 1-0.  They played against the U-16 team, so I'm not sure about the significance of the result (or match for that matter).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KWTJ0e1B9Hs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KWTJ0e1B9Hs</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
[

T&T won 1-0.  They played against the U-16 team, so I'm not sure about the significance of the result (or match for that matter).

Boys or Girl U16?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
[

Boys or Girl U16?

Girls.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
[

Boys or Girl U16?

U18 FC Dallas Women Academy team

Should've been 3/4 nil.  ::)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »
[

Boys or Girl U16?

U18 FC Dallas Women Academy team

Should've been 3/4 nil.  ::)

Thanks for the correction....news report stated U-16.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

I am very uncomfortable with the paragraph highlighted in red especially seeing that the donation given by Haiti is no longer required based on the amount of money now in our coffers.
Why don't we get some pride and return the donation to Haiti who are one of the opponents we have to face and hope to defeat?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:21:38 PM by Socapro »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
They say that history repeats itself.

Trinidad and Tobago and Haiti involved in a World Cup qualifier to go to the 1974 World Cup. Money pass and TnT lost to Haiti. Fast forward to 2014. TnT and Haiti involved in another World Cup qualifier and money passing again.

Things to make you go...........uhm.

Just saying.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2014, 07:48:58 PM »
I will like to have info on where the girls gonna be staying in chicago. anyone wid info please link me . I will past thru and make sure di ladies have food , drinks and whatever needed courtesy me and my fellow Trini's here in chicago. anyone wid info please pm me .
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:06 PM »
I will like to have info on where the girls gonna be staying in chicago. anyone wid info please link me . I will past thru and make sure di ladies have food , drinks and whatever needed courtesy me and my fellow Trini's here in chicago. anyone wid info please pm me .
War

Once they are at Concacaf everything is covered by Concacaf. 
It has not been announced where the team will be staying in the Windy City
Bring as many friends and family out to support our ladies.
Whenever they go away they hardly have any supporters so being in the USA with so many transplanted Trinnies
Having as many supporters show up as possible will be amazing for them.
My better half and I will be at all matches in all cities.  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :applause: :applause:
PM me as maybe we can hook up

Cheers

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
War

Once they are at Concacaf everything is covered by Concacaf. 
It has not been announced where the team will be staying in the Windy City
Bring as many friends and family out to support our ladies.
Whenever they go away they hardly have any supporters so being in the USA with so many transplanted Trinnies
Having as many supporters show up as possible will be amazing for them.
My better half and I will be at all matches in all cities.  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :applause: :applause:
PM me as maybe we can hook up

Cheers

me and my Trini crew will be in section 117 . Chicago Riddim jammerz iron band will be in full effect.. asked any Trini for Raj me a di general round yah suh..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »
Soca Princesses treated less than Princesses.
By Anand Rampersad (Guardian).

It is said that honesty is the best policy and as such American coach of the Soca Princesses, Randy Waldrum, should be applauded for representing his players and asking they be treated with a degree of respect that should be accorded to all athletes representing their country.

There is no denying that the messages he tweeted have brought shame and embarrassment to the people of oil producing T&T and the management of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

Waldrum’s response/reaction or “emotional disturbance” was brought about by poor planning and implementation on the part of the football administrators in T&T.

As such making him the scapegoat and having him apologise indicating that he could have addressed the avoidable situation in a more sugar-coated approach does not excuse the TTFA of their role in this fiasco. Additionally, as has been quoted in a media report, placing a social media ban on players from posting pictures and commenting on assistance they have received from civic minded supporters does not address the root cause of the problem.

The context of this embarrassing fiasco did not start with the tweet from Waldrum. Its genesis can be linked to poor planning and implementation starting with the lead up to the Caribbean Cup. Initially, some of the players were in the US for the training camp while others were kept back in T&T due to administrative matters. Additionally, their practice matches against Mexico were cancelled.

Heading into the inaugural Caribbean Cup for women in September, the Soca Princesses were touted as having a more than reasonable chance of qualifying from the CONCACAF qualifiers for the 2015 FIFA World Cup in Canada.

The first three teams will go directly to the World Cup while the 4th place team will play a qualifier from South America (Ecuador) for a final chance to qualify. On winning the Caribbean Cup captain Maylee Attin-Johnson and her team made a passionate plea to Trinidad and Tobago to support their goal to qualify for the World Cup in 2015.

The Soca Princesses have surely not been treated as princesses, if anything they have been treated like a recreational touring team playing for fun! When other qualifiers such as Jamaica and Haiti arrived in the US before the Caribbean champions it says a lot! The magnanimity of the Haitian players and coach must be applauded. They took of their own monies and pledge donation to the Soca Princesses. Haiti is considered one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere!

This debacle cannot be good for the psyche of the players especially as they prepare to play the number one team in the World, the US in their opening match on October 15. Between winning the Caribbean Cup and the start of the CONCACAF qualifiers the team has not played any competitive friendly internationals to keep them match ready to face the likes of the US. What does this say about their preparation? This is just not good enough!

This matter must not be allowed to die on its own. A number of corrective measures have to take place. Firstly, there needs to be a formal apology on the part of the TTFA to the players and technical staff of the Soca Princesses. Additionally, an apology should be extended to the people of Trinidad and Tobago and those Trinbagonians living in the US who came to the team in need. A formal thank you must be extended to the Haitian football Association and its players and FC Dallas for expressing their open support for the Soca Princesses.

Secondly, there must a formal investigation into why this situation arose especially in light of the comments by the TTFA president that the “governance and structure of the organisation is faulty”. Those who are responsible should be held accountable and this must be made public.

It is important for the TTFA to restore confidence in the mind of the public about its ability to efficiently, effectively and transparently organise football in the country. These lessons have to register quickly as greater challenges lay ahead. It cannot be business as usual.

The Soca Princesses participation in the 2015 World Cup will be known soon and as such a plan should already be in the making mapping out their World Cup participation preparation. The SOCA Warriors have a busy schedule ahead of them with the Caribbean Cup, CONMEBOL South American Cup, CONCACAF Gold Cup and Russia 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

At the end of the day, if (when, fingers crossed) the Soca Princesses qualify for the World Cup, everyone who have made it a struggle for them, will jump on board ready to surf the wave of their success.

Win, lose or draw, all the best to Attin-Johnson and her team and coach Waldrum as they battle determinedly to win deserving glory of playing in World Cup Canada, 2015.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
The funds from Haiti have been respectfully declined by the TTFA.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »

If anything, we should turn around and make a matching contribution... their support from the Clinton Foundation notwithstanding.  Great gesture by the team however, very classy to have even offered.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »

Thank goodness for that. Good sense has prevailed.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2014, 05:31:45 PM »

thank God

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
THIS IS A SONG COMPOSED BY HATIAN SINGER DAVEED MIKEL REDDUR. IT IS TO BE SUNG TO THE TUNE OF " HAITI I'M SORRY" COMPOSED BY TRINIDADIAN COMPOSER DAVID MICHAEL RUDDER.
IT'S CALLED " TRINI I'M SORRY"

Vs.1
TnT was a champion team
Yes our girls, they gave us a thrill
They had to head to the USA
For a chance to go higher still
Buh that was when the bacchanal start
In that tragic Trinidad brand
First, they found a tweet freak Yankee coach
And so, the shit hit the fan....fan!

CHORUS
Trini I'm sorry, here's some Haitian honey
La vi pou toute mon'
Heh! Look some money
Trini I'm sorry, we do understand your pain
That's our reality
Heh! Look some more again

Vs2.

Everyday, is a bacchanal
But this on must make you freak
The richest land in the West Indies
Look so helpless,look so damn weak
The girls, well they work so hard
To put this land on the map
But not the way that it has all unfurled
Is time to start sharing tap...tap!
( repeat chorus)

BRIDGE.

When there is victory in Port of Spain
It's then Big Business come running
All of the empty stadium
Suddenly, all man Jack start fulling
I say, the Bandwaggonists come all dressed in red
So not a ticket for you and me
And as the ladies step on the field
Bandwagon asking " Which one is Latapy?"

( chorus again)

1]; } ?>