March 29, 2024, 01:06:30 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62170 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
Haiti 1 vs. Guatemala 0 FT
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »
it's sad how the build up to the game on Fox T&T has to be portrayed as a team without basic resources' 

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
Team on the way to Chicago, IL.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2014, 10:46:07 AM »
remember guys if anyone of the crew is comming to chicago to watch the game Di trini crew will  be in section 117 getting on bad.
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
remember guys if anyone of the crew is comming to chicago to watch the game Di trini crew will  be in section 117 getting on bad.
war..

My wife & I will come over & say hi  ... RESPECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dKoWwZAV2Q

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
war..

My wife & I will come over & say hi  ... RESPECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5dKoWwZAV2Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5dKoWwZAV2Q</a>

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »
Who will advance from the CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualifiers?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/who-will-advance-from-the-concacaf-womens-world-cup-qualifiers/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2014, 07:14:39 PM »
Kimika make meh smile wid dem saves man, not to mention yelling at her defense  ;D, music to my hears.

Marshall on ladies, huge morale booster into tmr's games, proud proud watching you all  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
Costa Rica 1 vs. Mexico 0

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »
Jamaica 6 vs Martinique 0

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »
Costa Rica 1 vs. Mexico 0

What a game it was , Costa Rica let mexico back in it in the 2nd half. Did not understand why CR took off # 9 , she was working it all over  ::)  Was disappointed with the number of fans in the stands for both games. I would say no more than 300 for the 1st game and no more than 1500 for the 2nd game. Kansas City was fun so lets hope the Windy City has even more to offer us.

Go Soca Warrior Women Goooooooooooooo   :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2014, 01:50:29 AM »
T&T should feel proud
By Ian Prescott (Express).

“Be proud of this special group,” Ben Waldrum, stated via Twitter, just before Trinidad and Tobago’s women football team flew off to Chicago from Kansas City.

Functioning as T&T’s assistant coach, the son of head-coach Randy Waldrum, made the remarks immediately after T&T held world’s No.1 USA to only one goal, in a one-nil loss on Wednesday night in Kansas City, in their opening match of World Cup qualifying.

Right after the match, the Soca Princesses left for the airport and arrived in Chicago at 2 a.m. (yesterday), before checking in at the Marriot Midway. T&T was due to have its only training session in Chicago at 4.30 p.m. yesterday, before facing Haiti today (6 p.m. T&T time) in an all-important second Group A match.

Trinidad and Tobago’s result against the mighty US constitute something of an upset, considering that the No 1-ranked Americans are unbeaten in 88 matches at home, and have handed down 8-0 whippings to both Russia and Mexico, earlier this year.

The Soca Princesses were defensively well organised and Tobago-born goalkeeper Kamika Forbes put in a heroic performance, keeping T&T in the match with 11 saves. The Americans attacked often, but were stopped by either bunkered T&T defenders, or the outstanding Forbes between the uprights.

Watching on, former T&T goalkeeper Shaka Hislop, tweeted: “A fine Shaka Hislop impression by Trinidad & Tobago goalkeeper Kimika Forbes.” Despite the loss, the close score very likely puts Trinidad and Tobago in the driver’s seat if second place in the group comes down to goal difference. It also gives them confidence going into today’s all important match against Haiti.

“Everyone came out with that positive mindset. We said we going all or nothing.... everyone is going to give until the can’t give no more,” T&T goalkeeper Forbes said. “I was one of the leaders on the team and they needed me badly. So, I kept positive energy and the team feed off of my positive energy.”

“I must admit this is one of the biggest games I have played and first time against the US national team,” Forbes continued. “This comes like a win to us, against the US, the might giants of Concacaf. It is very positive for us going into the next two games. We had a positive result coming out of this game. The next game we have a different approach, a different game plan. We not going to go with the same game plan that we had for the US.”

Christine Rampone, US national team captain, said: “I think Trinidad and Tobago did an awesome job. The keeper did an excellent job. They disrupted us, we didn’t get into the flow, the tempo, but we had a couple of other games to go."

“We had scouted them. We knew they were athletic and quick. They got a lot of numbers behind the ball, they played five back which makes it difficult,” continued Rampone, who was not surprised how well the Soca Princesses played.

“I’m not surprised. It actually exciting and encouraging to see that Concacaf is growing. They put on a good performance and (we) only won one nothing. It’s (Concacaf standard) is growing and that a credit to soccer.”

Tough clash ...but T&T coach believes Soca Princesses can prevail over Haitians

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Randy Waldrum expects this evening’s FIFA Women’s World Cup qualifying match against Haiti to be a gruelling encounter. But, he believes this country has what it takes to pull off the result which will keep them alive in their bid to qualify for the next year’s World Cup, to be played in Canada.

T&T women play Haiti from 6 p.m. (T&T time) in Chicago, Illinois, in their second Group A match of the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship. Third behind Trinidad and Tobago at the Caribbean Championship, held in T&T just over a month ago, Haiti have everything to play for.

Unlikely to get anything out of their final match against the powerful US, and having already beaten the weakest team Guatemala (1-0)on Wednesday night, Haiti will only be in good position to advance out of the group with a positive result against T&T.

Waldrum was quite pleased after T&T’s encouraging 1-0 opening match defeat on Wednesday night to the US, the world’s powerhouse in women’s football. “I’m very proud of my team.

I think they made all of Trinidad and Tobago proud tonight. I know they made me very proud. I thought defensively we were very tight and organised, and we were able to create a few decent chances off the counter,” Waldrum told TTFA media.

“The players executed the game plan very well. Kimika (Forbes, goalkeeper) was outstanding for us in goal, and Arin King was a rock in the back line.

Maylee (Attin-Johnson, skipper) and Brianna (Ryce) did massive work for us in midfield. And “Yaya” (Kennya Cordner, forward) was always dangerous off the counter. Overall, a very good performance,” he added.

“She was big time tonight,” Waldrum said of his goalkeeper (Kimika Forbes). “She was the player of the game for us. She kept it close and kept us in it. She’s special. She was fantastic.

Now we’ve got to regroup and focus on the next match (tonight) which is very important for us and which I expect to be a really tough encounter as both teams want it badly.”

Abby Wambach, women’s world football’s most prolific goalscorer and scorer of the winning goal for the Americans Wednesday night, said: “It was frustrating. We created a lot of chances but their goalie basically stood on her head this game until the end. We just couldn’t break them down.”

“Credit to Trinidad & Tobago,” said American coach Jill Ellis. “We don’t see teams that often sit as organised and put so many numbers behind the ball. I thought it was an excellent challenge for us. We created a lot of opportunities, but defensively gave up some big mistakes. We should have done a better job finishing.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
The way some of these people going on is like we win a point vs the USA when the reality is that we came out of the game with 0 points.

As it is we have a must win game against Haiti this evening if we are to qualify for the World Cup and Haiti is going to be tough to beat as they want to qualify for the World Cup just as much as us.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:39:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
A draw would still have us in the hunt FYI

Just saying...

But onward to victory!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2014, 02:42:23 PM »
A draw would still have us in the hunt FYI

Just saying...

But onward to victory!!
That is leaving everything on winning our last game to qualify which is not a safe position to be in.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
Does anyone know if yellow cards are wiped after the group stage is complete ?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:04 PM »
USA hammering Guat. 5 nil 70th min.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2014, 12:16:05 AM »
CONCACAF Watch: How the United States is influencing women's soccer in the Caribbean (Jon Arnold, Goal.com)

The United States has provided minds, locations and players for the women's game in the Caribbean.

Aug 12, 2014 1:59:00 AM

The name Haiti originates from a word meaning "land of high mountains," but the women's national team is preparing for the penultimate round of World Cup qualifying in a less rocky setting - Indiana, USA.

Topography isn't the only difference between the Haiti squad's native country and its Indiana training location where coach Shek Borkowski oversees the team for several months each summer.

"A huge challenge is to overcome the cultural differences," Borkowski told Goal USA. "The way players approach training, discipline, punctuality, you almost have to tinker with their DNA and try to do it in the Caribbean countries. It’s pretty difficult because of the influences of family, friends and other individuals who always will try to convince the players not to be on time, not to go to practice, that it’s not important, something else is more important.

"So by having them here in the United States there are certain things that we can immediately impact like punctuality, arriving for training on time. Taking training in as professional a manner as you can. The discipline to do things."

The Polish-born coach agreed to take over the Caribbean team after a chat with FHF president Yves Jean-Bart in 2012 and convinced Jean-Bart the team would be well-served training in Indiana where Borkowski runs a successful WPSL team, FC Indiana. That allows the team to play games against college teams, other WPSL sides and the odd national team that would never fly into Port-au-Prince. The coach believes the experiment will pay dividends.

"The first time we came here, we were a national team, but we really performed at a level psychologically, physically, technically, tactically of a good U-15 girls club team in the United States," he said. "It’s been a challenge, it’s been a growing process for the players, it’s been a growing process for me to a certain degree. But it’s been a pretty enjoyable experience for me overall to see the progress the players have made."

Another of the eight teams fighting for one of the region's four spots in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying is also hoping a camp in the U.S. will result in an uptick. Houston Dash coach Randy Waldrum was handed the reins of the Trinidad and Tobago team in July. The majority of the team has joined up in Houston for a training camp. While the coach says he has a good foundation, he noted he faced a different challenge than Borkowski since he takes over much later in the cycle. But with the team coming to him, rather than him going to the team, the ex-Notre Dame coach is confident he can have a positive impact on the hosts.

"Being able to get the Trinidadians here to Houston to train, then that didn’t make it difficult," he told Goal USA. "It would’ve been almost impossible for me to get back and forth; I couldn’t have done it. But since Trinidad and the federation made a commitment to send the players in, that was a big help, so that part’s worked out nicely."

Waldrum coached one of the nation's youth sides several years ago and says quality of play and federation support has increased exponentially - especially the new administration in charge of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.
Still, though, there are many hurdles to clear before the region is able to compete regularly with the powerhouse teams in North America.

"I think the Caribbean has got to make its commitment to the women’s game strong from top to bottom both in the grassroots and also in the national team programs," Waldrum said. "And I think the other piece of it is just finances are always going to be an issue. More money has to be poured in the women’s side."

With the need for funding in mind, Cedella Marley, daughter of legendary musician Bob Marley, spearheaded an IndieGoGo campaign that raised more than $50,000 for Jamaica's team, the Reggae Girlz, to put toward their qualification efforts.

Coaching and financial backing aren't the only arenas where the U.S. gives a boost. Nearly every team in the region benefits from a fair share of players who represent American colleges, whether they attend school from abroad or grew up in the U.S. and qualify because of their parents' heritage.

AMERICAN ASSIST | Former USF star Samantha Brand is one of many Caribbean internationals who played in the U.S.

"Getting players who have played at American college is huge because the level of intensity they bring into practice, the approach to training is different and they serve as great role models for Haitian players who are making big strides to narrow the gap," Borkowski said. "Obviously, it’s not realistic for us to expect to get on the field and compete against the U.S. because obviously the human resources, the financial resources, the infrastructure and everything that’s available, but we’re making progress."

Just how much progress will be measured August 19 when the women's Caribbean Cup takes place with the top four advancing to the CONCACAF women's championship. From there, the top three qualify directly for Canda 2015, with the United States and Mexico seen as locks but the other spots up for grabs. The fourth-place finisher will earn a spot in a playoff against a South American team.

In the mountains of Haiti or the gentle slopes of Indiana, all the region's women's teams are after is a level playing field.

Editor's Note: CONCACAF hipster Jon Arnold brings Goal readers stories and opinions from around the region in a weekly column.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
Friday Oct 17, 2014
10-woman Trinidad holds on to defeat Haiti in CWC

Interview Kennya Cordner: Match Haití vs Trinidad and Tobago
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D4yA-h8iEe8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D4yA-h8iEe8</a>

BRIDGEVIEW, Illinois – Kennya Cordner scored in the first half and 10-woman Trinidad & Tobago defeated Haiti 1-0 on Friday for its first win in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship at Toyota Park.

The victory created a three-way tie for first place in Group A between the Caribbean rivals and the United States.  Each of the trio has three points, but the Americans can take sole possession of the top spot with a draw or a win against Guatemala later in the evening.

Trinidad played a physical game, committing 21 fouls, while accruing two yellows and one red. 

Goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, a standout in the opener against the U.S., was ejected in the 66th minute after it appeared she hit into a Haitian player on the ground inside the Trinidadian box during a stoppage in play.

Despite the woman advantage, Haiti could not capitalize.  It had multiple free kicks in Trinidad’s end – before and following the expulsion -- but could not break through.

Though Trinidad generated only a handful opportunities, it made one of them count.

In the 37th minute, Ahkeela Mollon delivered a diagonal cross from the right side to the edge of Haiti’s six-yard box.  A hustling and leaping Cordner was there to head it home.

Earlier in the half, Haiti nearly took the lead, when Wisline Dolce’s left-sided free kick from 35-yards out was superbly tipped over the crossbar by the acrobatic Forbes.

With three minutes left in normal time and Haiti attacking furiously for an equalizer, Arin King preserved the victory for Trinidad by clearing an attempt off the line.

Trinidad returns to action on Monday against Guatemala, while Haiti will face the United States.  Both games will be played in Washington, D.C., at Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium.

NOTES: The win was Trinidad’s second in its last 14 CWC games … Haiti has scored one goal or fewer in 13 of its 16 all-time CWC outings.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:06:06 PM by Socapro »

Offline presspass

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
Someone asked, so just throwing it out there: Yellow cards are not being carried from the group stage into the semifinals. Mollon, Attin Johnson, King and Francois need to avoid cautions on Monday, though.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
Someone asked, so just throwing it out there: Yellow cards are not being carried from the group stage into the semifinals. Mollon, Attin Johnson, King and Francois need to avoid cautions on Monday, though.

Cheers presspass !

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2014, 12:14:54 AM »
So Costa Rica clinched the top in the other group. They will be the next opponent if we can draw or beat Guatemala. And Mexico took down Martinique 10-0.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »

Thanks, I was wondering, if T&T wins if they will qualify for the WC? or they have to win more games?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »
Yorke praises men’s, women’s teams  :beermug:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Yorke-praises-mens-womens-teams-279634432.html

Yorke had previously wished the men’s under 20 team well prior to their successful run at the Caribbean Championships last month. “It’s good to see the progress of the national (senior) team. It’s about time that the team gets back to where it is supposed to be. With them being through to the finals of the Caribbean Cup is definitely a right step and, hopefully, they can go onto build from this,” Yorke told TTFA Media.
“This is encouraging for the national team and especially with some of the younger players coming through and doing well on the international stage. It’s definitely something to work with moving forward to bigger stages.

“(The) Women’s team lost 1-0 to the US (Wednesday night) and that’s not a bad result because we all know the Americans are on top in women’s football and you see what the likes of Brazil and Germany have been able to achieve.
‘’Hopefully we can keep it together and give it a good shot. It was a bit unfortunate to see what happened a few days ago but these are things we need to avoid by getting it right and ensuring our teams are looked after which I’m sure is going to be worked on by those involved,” Yorke added.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

Thanks, I was wondering, if T&T wins if they will qualify for the WC? or they have to win more games?

If they win (or draw) on Monday they'll advance to the semis. If they win their semifinal match they will  qualify directly to the WC...if they lose they'll have to play the loser of the other semi to determine who finishes  third and fourth. The third placed team goes directly to the WC and the fourth placed enters a play-off with Ecuador for a WC spot.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
USA lost Alex Morgan for the remainder of the tournament

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 01:17:33 PM »

If they win (or draw) on Monday they'll advance to the semis. If they win their semifinal match they will  qualify directly to the WC...if they lose they'll have to play the loser of the other semi to determine who finishes  third and fourth. The third placed team goes directly to the WC and the fourth placed enters a play-off with Ecuador for a WC spot.

I getting too excited . I thought the game was today. Good thing I read your post.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152554206093929&fref=nf

Go Soca warrior Women Gooooooooooooooooo :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2014, 04:54:25 AM »
T&T hunts Concacaf semifinal spot.
By Andrew  Gioannetti (Guardian).

Even a loss against Guatemala tonight may not rule T&T’s senior women’s team out of a spot in the semifinal stage of the Concacaf Women’s Championship, once the USA records an expected win over Haiti.

There are a number of variables which could determine which two teams between the USA, T&T and Haiti advances, but once USA defeats Haiti, T&T will likely finish in second spot, barring a heavy loss to Guatemala.

T&T and Guatemala will clash in the opening double-header match at the RFK Stadium, Washington, from 6 pm (TT time), before the USA meets Haiti in the last match of Group A, from 8.30 pm.

Costa Rica has already secured top spot in Group B and Mexico and Jamaica are the two teams left to contest for second spot.

Speaking ahead of today’s mouth-watering double contest, T&T head coach Randy Waldrum refuted any ideas of complacency in his team.

“I don’t think I’ll have to say much. They all understand the objective was to get six points however we could. They all realize the significance of this game. It’s now just a matter of us coming out and performing to our ability. If we do that, we will be fine,” Waldrum said.

Echoing sentiments of captain Maylee Atton Johnson, Waldrum admitted that his team was far from its best three days ago in the 1-0 victory over Haiti, which T&T grinded out after losing goalkeeper Kimika Forbes to a red card on the hour-mark.

“There were mixed feelings as we knew we didn’t play very well and definitely not up to our standards. However, they were very excited to get the three points in spite of not playing well. We feel that is the sign of a very good team,” he added.

The team has had some injury concerns and Waldrum believes the three-day break between the second and third match has allowed the players to recuperate and regroup.

“These two days were really important. We’ve had injuries to Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes, Ayana Russell and Tasha St Louis, and this allowed just a bit more time for them to recover. And playing a player down for over 30 minutes meant we expended a lot of energy, especially coming off the game versus the US. So the added day rest is very crucial.”

At the semifinal stage, the two winners will secure their spots at next year’s Fifa Women’s World Cup in Canada, while the third-place playoff winner will also qualify. There will be one more chance for the fourth placed team, which will meet Ecuador in a two-match play-off for Concacaf and Comnebol’s final World Cup qualifier.

Standings (Group A)

Teams    Pld    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
USA    2    2    0    0    6    0    6
T&T    2    1    0    1    1    1    3
Haiti    2    1    0    1    1    1    3
Guatemala    2    0    0    2    0    6    0

Group B

Teams    Pld    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
Costa Rica    2    2    0    0    3    6
Mexico    2    1    0    1    10    1    3
Jamaica    2    1    0    1    7    2    3
Martinique    2    0    0    2    0    16    0

Fixtures

Group A

T&T v Guatemala, RFK Stadium, Washington, 6 pm
Haiti v USA, RFK Stadium, Washington, 8.30 pm

Group B

Martinique v Costa Rica, RFK Stadium, Washington, 6 pm
Mexico v Jamaica, RFK Stadium, Washington, 8.30 pm

Friday

Semifinals

Winner Group A v Runner-up Group B, PPL Park, Chester, 5.30 pm
Costa Rica v Runner-up Group A, PPL Park, Chester, 8.30 pm

Sunday

Third-place match

Loser semifinal 1 v Loser semifinal 2, PPL Park, Chester, 4 pm

Final

Winner semifinal 1 v winner semifinal 2, PPL Park, Chester, 7 pm

RELATED NEWS

Women 'Warriors' look to seal knockout spot.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The past two days have been all about recovery for this country’s senior women’s footballers. And the possible effects of that will be known on Monday evening when they square off with Guatemala in their final Group encounter at the CONCACAF Finals in Washington. Overworked or not, T&T intends to do whatever is necessary to progress.

Needing only a draw to assure themselves of a place in the semi-finals, barring a Haiti win over the United States, skipper Maylee Attin-Johnson and her teammates know they have everything to play for.

And Head coach Randy Waldrum believes his team can finish the job.

“I don’t think I’ll have to say much. They all understand the objective was to get six points however we could. They all realize the significance of this game. It’s now just a matter of us coming out and performing to our ability. If we do that, we will be fine,” Waldrum told TTFA Media.

He mentioned that the performance against Haiti was less than satisfying but it brought the three points which they needed to stay alive in the competition.

“There were mixed feelings as we knew we didn’t play very well and definitely not up to our standards.  However, they were very excited to get the three points in spite of not playing well. We feel that is the sign of a very good team,” he added.

“I really thought it came down to being opportunistic. We didn’t create many quality chances at all, and yet ‘Yaya’ scored a very good goal at any level. It was a nice counter attack the culminated in the cross and finish. After the ejection our team just dug in and fought hard which is why we were able to hang on.”

About the post match recovery, The Houston Dash coach said, “These two days were really important.  We’ve had injuries to Janine Francois, Karyn Forbes, Ayana Russell and Tasha St. Louis, and this allowed just a bit more time for them to recover. And playing a player down for over 30 minutes meant we expended a lot of energy, especially coming off the game versus the US.  So the added day rest is very crucial.”

The game kicks off at 5pm at the RFK Stadium in Washington and precedes the US vs Haiti clash at 7:30pm.

The CONCACAF Women’s Championship will qualify its top three finishers directly to the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, with the fourth-placed team earning the right to face a South American country in a playoff later this year. As host of the Women’s World Cup 2015, Canada has already secured its place in next year’s tournament.

PPL Park in Philadelphia will host the semifinal matches on October 24, along with the third-place match and final on October 26. The top two finishers in each group will cross-over for the semifinal matches, with the Group A winner playing the Group B runner-up and vice versa, for a spot in the final.

The play-off will be contested between CONCACAF's fourth-placed team and Ecuador, South America’s third place team. The draw for the order of legs was held in Zurich on 22 July 2014. The South America representative will host the first leg on 8 or 9 November 2014, and the CONCACAF representative will host the second leg on 22 or 23 November 2014.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:57:32 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>