March 28, 2024, 04:42:02 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62158 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
congratulations to de ladies. Treat de next game like a final

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2014, 05:21:21 PM »
We are through. One more game to go.

Just for the record "HAITI WILL NOT BEAT THE US". For Haiti to win, they will have to score. HAITI WILL NOT SCORE!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

Just for the record "HAITI WILL NOT BEAT THE US". For Haiti to win, they will have to score. HAITI WILL NOT SCORE!

The only unpredictable match left would be Mex Jam. The US will face the winner there. CRC will face T&T. If we lose we have to beat the Mex-Jam winner to avoid Ecuador. If T&T wins they are in the final with most likely the US.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
To the  Ladies and coaching staff ....... well done !!  time  now to plot for the semis ..... god bless

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »

The only unpredictable match left would be Mex Jam. The US will face the winner there. CRC will face T&T. If we lose we have to beat the Mex-Jam winner to avoid Ecuador. If T&T wins they are in the final with most likely the US.

Indeed. We will be back to full strength for the CR game. This will be another Nov 16th!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
We're through to the next round. 10th minute goal. US 1 - 0 HAI
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:52:25 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2014, 06:19:50 PM »
US 2-0 HAI

5 mins until end of first half

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2014, 06:41:20 PM »

That Mex v. Jam game shld. Be fire.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2014, 06:55:14 PM »
Someone asked, so just throwing it out there: Yellow cards are not being carried from the group stage into the semifinals. Mollon, Attin Johnson, King and Francois need to avoid cautions on Monday, though.

According to the commentators, card are carried over to the semis...

I think they only get whipped out for the finals??

I was surprised Arin King and Mollon played a full game today vs GUA...

They should have been saved as a precaution, King can get aggressive and she needs to be-careful..

That girl is rough and rugged, she don't play.

;D

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:58:22 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »
Flood gates just opened. US 4-0 HAI. 60th minute

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 20, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »
Congrats ladies... Now finish watching the game..

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 20, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »
But all the cards from the Haiti game should be dropped now cuz a card only carries over for one game.....if all the yellow card holders had received another then they would hv missed the other....at least thats how I know it to be
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »
Highlights T&T vs Guatemala :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/msrx5lxEC6I&amp;list=UUqn7r-so0mBLaJTtTms9dAQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/msrx5lxEC6I&amp;list=UUqn7r-so0mBLaJTtTms9dAQ</a>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:28:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2014, 07:40:22 PM »
Congrats ladies :applause:. Now let's finish this. I missed tonight's game. Does anyone know where I could see a replay?

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
Its been a while since I have been on here. I am happy to see that the team has out themselves in a position to qualify for the World Cup in Canada. Now they must finish the task at hand. It won't be easy. However, they have the pieces to get it done. I must admit I am left to think where women's football could be with a little support. I hope these performances provides the platform for the powers that be to get behind this program once and for all :)
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:54 PM »
We're gonna beat Costa Rica!!!

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:06 PM »
Its been a while since I have been on here. I am happy to see that the team has out themselves in a position to qualify for the World Cup in Canada. Now they must finish the task at hand. It won't be easy. However, they have the pieces to get it done. I must admit I am left to think where women's football could be with a little support. I hope these performances provides the platform for the powers that be to get behind this program once and for all :)
I say you fall off de face ah de earth :devil:

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2014, 04:48:13 AM »
Well done ladies... :beermug:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2014, 05:31:59 AM »
NY posse...anyone making the trip down to Philly?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2014, 10:10:28 AM »
I should be there... with mih #5 shirt on lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »
Congrats to the Ladies, they did well. I was at the game. Not a big turnout of Trinis, but I saw quite a few faces who are regular TTClubhouse and WI party goers. The ladies started the game assertively and Guat. went on the defensive. The Guats. held off the first wave of our Girls attack. But when they settled they had our girls uncomfortable. Our Girls were attacking mostly down the wings. Our striker is a good little player, full of zest, but yesterday she was a bit off. She made quit a few bad passes, and was unable to fend off properly, the players on her back. But she is a fighter. Mostly Cordner(I think) and Mollon were doing the damage up front. We missed a couple of chances. the highlight was a 15 yard looping shot, which the not-quite-so tall Guat. keeper was able to push over bars. She is not a bad keeper but our forward should have scored on her.

Now, midway in the first half when the Guats. settled, you begin to ponder. If this Guat team had speed, they would have given our girls a run for dey money. Their first touch and ball control is pretty good. The Guats. shielded the ball very well and at times led to our girls being frustrated. Thankfully Our Girls kept their heads and did not commit any fouls to get a yellow. But because our girls were hesitant, this allowed Guat. to get into their game. Nice 1,2s. Stretching the field to their advantage. Wings back overlapping and assisting in their play. Our Girls countered with speed but the Guats would make last minute tackles to stop the play.

We had the sub keeper in goal for this. When I came, I saw Lincoln working with her. She is small, but appeared very eager. Se did very well the entire game, except the goal, which was not entirely her fault. In a way, the suspension of our starting keeper was a blessing for this young lady. She did her task well.

Second half, both teams upped their game. We were faster to the ball. We missed a couple chances again. Akillah Mollon is a damn good player. She made the run to cross the ball for the first goal.Nice goal. Cordner timed the flight of the ball nicely. The Guat. keeper who was having a superb game had no chance. I think then the coach made a change for the little center forward. The girl he sent on(can't remember her name) is pretty quick and had the Guat defence a bit confused. Then we scored the second, penalty converted by Maylee. But don't be fooled. The Guats. were not ready to bury themselves and let us steamrolled them. They upped their game. our girls looked a bit tired. Guat. got a free kick. Ball came in with all heads going for it. ball skid off a head, and goal. Our Girls found the resolve to neutralize Guat and came out winners.

I am very happy for OUR WOMEN team. They deserve to go(if they improve their remaining game) to the WC. After all the distractions, these Ladies put on their blinders and did what they had to do.

Now the GK, did what she had to do and came out well. LP did his job in preparing her for that task. The defence played well. But at times  Guat. was able to penetrate, but lack of speed was their downfall. The stopper for us is a boss. Not a big girl, but reads the game well. The left back, Liana Hinds was good. The rightback with the low hair, looked slow and got beat with the quick counter by the Guats, but she was able to recover quickly and avert danger. So she is not slow afterall.  She also put some good crosses when in attack. Midfield. That is a work in progress. Maylee tried her best. At times she is great. When players elude their markers and make space, Maylee does a great job passing to them. Our Girls need to know how to make space when we have the ball. The Guats. know how to do that. All in all I was proud to see the WNT of TT play. I have seen them on tv. This a first live appearance for me. When I left home in 77,  netball, field-hockey, TF, swimming, tennis basket-ball, volleyball were the women's game. Football was no where around.

The iron-man incident is really sad. The iron-man(Zaggy brother, could never remember his name after all these years) was beating his iron when police come and  tell him, he making noise.That is crap. You in a friggin' stadium. That is built for noise. When the game between US and Haiti, the US fans on the Barra Bava end of the stadium were making a lot of noise also.

But all Hail the Lady Warriors.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:20:51 PM by Deeks »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »
One for the road: T&T dusts off setbacks; on brink of Women’s W/Cup
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

One more win will do the trick.
The Trinidad and Tobago national women’s senior team moved within 90 minutes of a place at the Canada 2015 Women’s World Cup tournament yesterday after another hard-fought triumph at the 2014 CONCACAF Championship.
This time, Guatemala was the victim as the “Women Soca Warriors” downed the Central American nation 2-1 at the RFK Stadium in Washington to advance to the semi-final of the confederation’s show piece tournament.
The Warriors are guaranteed two more fixtures in the CONCACAF competition. If they win just one of those matches, they will become the first Caribbean women’s team to ever qualify for a FIFA tournament.
“We know that Trinidad and Tobago needs this and we are honoured to put Trinidad and Tobago on the map in a more positive light once again,” said Trinidad and Tobago captain Maylee Attin-Johnson. “This is our first time at senior level we ever qualified to the second round of a tournament so this group is about making history and leaving a legacy.”
The Women’s Warrior captain was mostly right. In truth, Trinidad and Tobago got to the semi-finals of the inaugural Women’s CONCACAF Championship in 1991, under late coach Robbie Greenidge, and finished third. The two island republic’s only defeats of that competition came against the soon-to-be world champions, the United States, and Canada.
Attin-Johnson was five years old at the time.
The Trinidad and Tobago women were fourth again in 1993 and 1994. In contrast, it was not until 2000 that the men’s team got past the group stage in the CONCACAF tournament.
Two decades ago, then FIFA vice-president and local football special advisor Jack Warner said the women’s game represented Trinidad and Tobago’s best chance of advancing to a senior FIFA tournament and promised to develop their football. But, for the most part, it proved to be lip service and the ladies soon slipped behind the likes of Mexico and Costa Rica.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/10/21/one-for-the-road-t-on-brink-of-womens-wcup/

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
Link for live game with JA vs Mexico, JA 1 - 0 Mex at moment in the 1st half!
http://cricfree.tv/fox-sports-1-usa-live-stream.php
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
FINAL: Martinique 1-6 Costa Rica

26 minutes gone: Jamaica leads Mexico 1-0
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »
Now Mex 1 - 1 JA still in 1st half.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:59 PM »
Mex is outplaying JA in every aspect of the game at the moment

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
wheooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »
What a miss by Mex!!!!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
Alyuh see them 2 goals Costa Rica score....fadda. How about the Jamaican goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »
Alyuh see that go ahead goal from Mexico's Ok Corral? Papayo

1]; } ?>