March 28, 2024, 02:59:32 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship  (Read 62152 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF 2015 Women World Cup Qualifier/CONCACAF 2014 Women's Championship
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

Yeah. That is what I saying. I have a good feeling about this team.

The pressure will be on Ecuador to win the first game by at least 2 goals.. Same way there was pressure on the US to blow us away by at least 3 goals.. Look what happened!

Was it a Trini mentality that caused us to perform well against the US, Haiti and Guatemala? I am completely confused with this Trini mentality stupidness. :banginghead:

What yuh confused about... yuh cyah read or what?  The team set out to qualify thru de back door.  They decide out the box that they wasn't going to go out and try and win against the US, they wasn't going to go out and win against Costa Rica, wasn't going to go out and try and win against Mexico.  Why... what for?  Why do all ah dat when they could go Ecuador and struggle on the road, come back to TnT and hopefully win ah game... and sneak in thru de back door?  Trini mentality.

Offline trinbago1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 27, 2014, 10:17:24 PM »
Time for everyone to support this team they deserve nothing less, but I see the point, poor administration as usual, but let's hope they get it right now cause those women has sacrificed ah to reach this point, so all hands on deck gentlemen, ttfa and min of sport included

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2014, 10:53:51 PM »
So, someone spoke to the girls and decided that was enough to disregard what the end results were....fine, go ahead. We came fourth, granted it was a best ever placing, and another one chimes in that we did great....fine as well, continue.

That just properly illustrates my point. As a nation, we are content with things like fourth place finishes and bronze medals. Why? Because we are a physically small nation?

I HATE this about our sporting culture. and this goes beyond the women's team and football

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2014, 07:52:49 AM »
Allyuh really don't know what T &T, and most Caribbean countries coming up against when it comes to women football or women sports on the whole. Just because YOU want, yuh supposed to get. I have to say, that part of the "Trini Mentality" I left back home. Especially lumpin the ppl who actually making the effort as failures, that is the worse.. oh "no matter how hard they try,bottom line is they loss". If ppl actually know what they are competeing against. No women's game/league/organization in the caribbean, can match the amount, numbers and level of a minor city league(possibly not even house-league), farless regional and national in North or Central America. That's just plain ignorance. Nothing bad, ppl just don't know. eg. In my little surburb regional league (5 women snr divisions & 20 age group girls division)
http://www.tsisports.ca/tsi/ligue.aspx      (select Lac St Louis/Classement/Par Division)
in the province 5 AAA, 6 AA,and over 30 A LEAGUES.

That's just this province..
 All totally organized and fairly well funded. Does anyone have an idea the talent an allstar team for any of these leagues compose of. Or a Provincial select team ? With all of that, there's 2 from my province and 1 from our regional league on the Canadian National team. ONE.
Doh talk for US & Mexico, where they actually put money in sports ( I can't talk about CR).
Football not all that big in Canada, but our regional House league final could have about 200. (even more in Toronto)
The Montreal Impact still get some crowds, and them not even no big team, outside of the city.
http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/image/record-crowd-olympic-stadium-home-opener
http://www.impactmontreal.com/fr/image/stade-saputo-crowd-montreal-vs-columbus
There are a couple soccer girls, more boys in my son's Sports-Etude high school class. That is, they cover the normal school curriculum going to school half day,  and train in afternoon.

Granted the women game here doesn't draw nearly as much, probably as much as a TT pro league game, yet you have any idea how many female players are in the impact home game crowds ? Our girls compete against that, compete against man wasting them down, and abuse, compete against fellas calling them tomboy/man & how they not dealing with womanhood, carreer and finding a man, compete against social issues of doing academics or home econmics or getting a real job, and they not doing what normal girls supposed to do. Yet they still show up and give reputable performances. I all man can say is.."bottom line, dey eh win nothing" ? then yuh just don't know, doh have a clue.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:55:47 AM by maxg »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »

The pressure will be on Ecuador to win the first game by at least 2 goals.. Same way there was pressure on the US to blow us away by at least 3 goals.. Look what happened!

Was it a Trini mentality that caused us to perform well against the US, Haiti and Guatemala? I am completely confused with this Trini mentality stupidness. :banginghead:

What yuh confused about... yuh cyah read or what?  The team set out to qualify thru de back door.  They decide out the box that they wasn't going to go out and try and win against the US, they wasn't going to go out and win against Costa Rica, wasn't going to go out and try and win against Mexico.  Why... what for?  Why do all ah dat when they could go Ecuador and struggle on the road, come back to TnT and hopefully win ah game... and sneak in thru de back door?  Trini mentality.

Yes I can read. And i think i get it now..  Trini mentality is only relevant when our team does poorly. It's never relevant when we show character and do well. smh

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »

Yes I can read. And i think i get it now..  Trini mentality is only relevant when our team does poorly. It's never relevant when we show character and do well. smh

You listening to yuhself? Isn't that how it should be? Nothing but the best? USA got ripped for only beating us 1-0.

We have to set expectations high. What is wrong with that?

The players worked hard and gave it their best. That's accepted and appreciated. However, the results are not good enough. It could and should be better.

Look almost the exact situation that happen to the U20s happen to the seniors. The U20 wining 3-1 vs CR and got excited and end up losing. Now the senior team wining 2-1 vs Mexico and got excited and lose 4-2.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »

You listening to yuhself? Isn't that how it should be? Nothing but the best? USA got ripped for only beating us 1-0.

The players worked hard and gave it their best. That's accepted and appreciated. However, the results are not good enough. It could and should be better.

Look almost the exact situation that happen to the U20s happen to the seniors. The U20 wining 3-1 vs CR and got excited and end up losing. Now the senior team wining 2-1 vs Mexico and got excited and lose 4-2.

You's not only a coach and an administrator... but apparently yuh's ah mind reader and psychologist too.  You sit down in front yuh TV and diagnose that the women "got excited" and end up losing in extra time to a superior opponent in the end.  It wasn't fatigue or Mexico's depth and quality, it was "excitement" cause them to lose.

Mexico came with a plan; T&T came with determination. Mexican coach Leonardo Cuellar rested his stars Veronica Charlyn Corral, Monica Ocampo, Veronica Perez, Teresa Noyola and Sandra Stephany Mayor from the semi-final match against the USA which he felt he could not win.

“We have some very skillful players who were not in the game,” Cuellar said after the 3-0 defeat to No 1 world-ranked USA. “We hope with the time they have been resting that they will be ready and definitely they can make a difference in our lineup. That’s our plan.”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Heartbreak-280481422.html

Corral is the one who scored the two goals in ET to win the game... maybe it's just a coincidence that she had fresh legs.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:31 AM »
Hmm. Ah tink somebody need to tell de 2006 Warriors dat dey lose de World Cup because of "Trini Mentality"  ;D ;D ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2014, 12:28:43 PM »
If we truly want progress, let's hold the Women Soca Warriors to the same/similar standards as the Men Soca Warriors.

I agree with this. But..... How can we hold them to the same standards when they come out way down the totem pole when resources for important tournaments are allocated.  The men's team went Euro. and the mideast before the GC. They went Argentina and they also played Iran. Which team(s) of significance did the women get to play before this tournament.

It can be argued that we are too small a nation to try and compete at BOTH mens and womens football.

The men already have a serious lack of financial resources to work with.  Worse yet for the women.

The politically correct thing to do is to try and compete at both.  However, the reality is that while both suffering, one is going to suffer a lot more than the other until such time as we can get our administrative house in order.

The way how things are currently, it's a virtual miracle that BOTH mens and womens teams are competitive
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Comments from Mariah Shade, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Khadidra Debessette, and Ahkeela Mollon following their return from the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship in the USA.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/42ytxG0Q_8E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/42ytxG0Q_8E</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
Real nice video
All about marketing.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »
Positive video. Train hard & Good Luck ladies.

Is that a big tackle or what

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
Positive video. Train hard & Good Luck ladies.

Is that a big tackle or what

Makes a man like me very proud.   :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2014, 06:28:43 PM »
A man like you is what? A landscaper?  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2014, 06:31:08 PM »
A man like you is what? A landscaper?  ;D

:rotfl:  a man like you who understand a man like me definitely understand.  But yuh have meh rollin here  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 30, 2014, 12:02:14 AM »

You's not only a coach and an administrator... but apparently yuh's ah mind reader and psychologist too.  You sit down in front yuh TV and diagnose that the women "got excited" and end up losing in extra time to a superior opponent in the end.  It wasn't fatigue or Mexico's depth and quality, it was "excitement" cause them to lose.

Mexico came with a plan; T&T came with determination. Mexican coach Leonardo Cuellar rested his stars Veronica Charlyn Corral, Monica Ocampo, Veronica Perez, Teresa Noyola and Sandra Stephany Mayor from the semi-final match against the USA which he felt he could not win.

“We have some very skillful players who were not in the game,” Cuellar said after the 3-0 defeat to No 1 world-ranked USA. “We hope with the time they have been resting that they will be ready and definitely they can make a difference in our lineup. That’s our plan.”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Heartbreak-280481422.html

Corral is the one who scored the two goals in ET to win the game... maybe it's just a coincidence that she had fresh legs.

I think Mexico knew they couldn't beat the USA and so started preparing for the 3rd place game. Look at the DNP list.

Subs Not Used: 1-Cecilia Santiago, 5-Paulina Solís, 11-Monica Ocampo, 9-Veronica Charlyn Corral, 16-Karla Nieto, 17-Veronica Perez

It's going to be a tough game for us hope we can somehow get it done.

When yuh talk to the players to  know they disappointed, did they not tell you they got excited leading 2-1. Maybe Waldrum should say it for you to know it. He probably still disappointed by the celebrations to take yuh phone calls.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 30, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
When yuh talk to the players to  know they disappointed, did they not tell you they got excited leading 2-1. Maybe Waldrum should say it for you to know it. He probably still disappointed by the celebrations to take yuh phone calls.

Of course they were ecstatic to have the lead late in the game, neither of them said anything about getting carried away (as you implying with yuh "excited" talk) though.  I don't know what going on in Waldrum head, we eh frieds on FB.  Maybe you should ask him, ent yuh does post he tweets?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
When we went 2-1 up ... what happened after the ball was placed at the half? My programming was replaying the goal. When they returned to live action, Corral was bearing down on our penalty area. How did the goal develop? Sammy Ameobi's goal against Spurs comes to mind?!

Was it like that?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:54:52 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 30, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »

Of course they were ecstatic to have the lead late in the game, neither of them said anything about getting carried away (as you implying with yuh "excited" talk) though.  I don't know what going on in Waldrum head, we eh frieds on FB.  Maybe you should ask him, ent yuh does post he tweets?

Dude lol.......just lol with you yes. Let us keep losing important games when leading. That's not a problem, we do not need to fix it. It's just coincidence.  SMFH

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Scotland will not be going to Canada next year. Fom the Beeb

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29821188

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship Recap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7NjBx-er3SA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7NjBx-er3SA</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 05, 2014, 04:47:17 PM »
Top 10 Goals
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pA9kYdv6wow" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pA9kYdv6wow</a>

Top 10 Saves
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n2YoIO8_WCE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n2YoIO8_WCE</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 05, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
Big keeper Kimika!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 05, 2014, 09:24:13 PM »
So Hope Solo eh have ah top 10 save but she is the best keeper in the Tourney.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
WATCH some behind the scenes footage of the T&T Women's team during the recently concluded 2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship in the USA. See if allyuh make out warmonga and Soccer19 in de video.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=967921056568114

Hear from Ayanna Russell, Kimika Forbes, and Arin King and witness some training sessions. Listen for the shout out to socawarriors.net at 1:47. FireBrand get make out;D
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=969336073093279

Maylee Attin-Johnson, Kennya Cordner, Lauryn Hutchinson, Ahkeela Mollon, and Lincoln Phillips share their thoughts on the quest to qualify for the 2015 Women’s World Cup in Canada.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=969511499742403

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
WATCH some behind the scenes footage of the T&T Women's team during the recently concluded 2014 CONCACAF Women's Championship in the USA. See if allyuh make out warmonga and Soccer19 in de video.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=967921056568114

Hear from Ayanna Russell, Kimika Forbes, and Arin King and witness some training sessions. Listen for the shout out to socawarriors.net at 1:47. FireBrand get make out;D
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=969336073093279

Maylee Attin-Johnson, Kennya Cordner, Lauryn Hutchinson, Ahkeela Mollon, and Lincoln Phillips share their thoughts on the quest to qualify for the 2015 Women’s World Cup in Canada.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=969511499742403
war still dey bout tallman..Love and support mi country baddd!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Players withdraw complaint in Canada over Women's World Cup turf
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »
Players withdraw complaint in Canada over Women's World Cup turf

A group of prominent international players led by U.S. forward Abby Wambach has withdrawn a complaint over artificial turf fields at this year's Women's World Cup in Canada.
The artificial turf became a contentious issue with the players, who filed a complaint in Canada last fall that claimed the plan amounted to gender discrimination because the men's World Cup is held on grass.
"Our legal action has ended. But I am hopeful that the players' willingness to contest the unequal playing fields -- and the tremendous public support we received during the effort -- marks the start of even greater activism to ensure fair treatment when it comes to women's sports," Wambach said in a statement Thursday.
The players' complaint was filed last fall with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. It named FIFA, the international governing body for soccer, and the Canadian Soccer Association. But neither organization budged in reconsidering the planned surface for the event.
The Women's World Cup will be played in six Canadian cities starting in June, with an expanded field of 24 teams. The final is scheduled for July 5 at Vancouver's BC Place.
"The players are doing what FIFA and CSA have proven incapable of: putting the sport of soccer first," said attorney Hampton Dellinger.
FIFA did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter.
FIFA's head of women's competitions, Tatjana Haenni, spoke at an event promoting women's soccer in Philadelphia last week and reiterated FIFA's contention that the event would go on as planned.
However, she acknowledged concerns about the turf at BC Place, and plans have since emerged to upgrade the surface before the event.
Wambach was joined in the complaint by several other top players, including U.S. striker Alex Morgan, Germany's Nadine Angerer and Spain's Veronica Boquete.
The athletes have claimed that artificial turf is less forgiving than natural grass, and it impacts their play because of concerns about injury. They also claim that balls travel and bounce differently on fake grass, which also affects the game.
But the overriding issue for the players was equity: No men's World Cup has been played on artificial turf.
Even actor Tom Hanks took up the players' cause, going to Twitter last year to say: "Opinion: Women's World Cup is the best Soccer of the year. Hey FIFA, they deserve real grass. Put in sod. Hanx."
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant also took to social media to post a photo of Sydney Leroux's battered legs after a match on artificial turf.
FIFA changed its rules in 2004 to allow sanctioned matches on certain artificial surfaces. A few games at the 2010 men's World Cup in South Africa were played on grass that had been reinforced by artificial fibers.
FIFA rules also state that all matches and practices for the World Cup must be held on the same surface. Canada's bid for the event stipulated that the final be played on the artificial field at BC Place, which seats 55,000.
http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/players-withdraw-complaint-in-canada-over-women-s-world-cup-turf-012115
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:33:18 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

1]; } ?>