March 29, 2024, 08:31:17 AM

Author Topic: Guadeloupe denies T&T U-20s a victory; T&T held 1-1 in Tobago.  (Read 6542 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guadeloupe denies T&T U-20s a victory; T&T held 1-1 in Tobago.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
This team should be playing more friendlies. Why can't they set a home and away with Venezuela.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
From people who religiously watch pro league games and Super League, Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillips are the best keepers in Trinidad and Tobago, at age 29 they are young goal keepers.  John, Lewis and Foncette are distant first second and third. Fans will tell you that this is the weakest part of Trinidad football at present, people say  if  the U20 has a weakness is in goal. King has stated that Welch is returning, so we will see. e Talk is even in the colleges & present U17 goalkeeping weak.

20 keepers on paper is just names on paper.

Which is worrying because T&T has had a decent history of keepers. Wonder why it's changed?

maybe you all need to loan out Sample or  give him some first team experience ...

Loan him to where? Most Pro League clubs would not consider him as first choice, so why send him? Most Super League clubs too. So where can he go?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
I feel a Super League team should be able to beat Guadeloupe.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 09:57:54 AM »

Why just spew out such nonsense. Guadeloupe has been doing better at Gold Cup more consistently than T&T.

This same U20 team gave Club Sando the top Super League Team 4.

Guadeloupe has more players playing top level football than T&T. Like Haiti, they can produce an entire squad that plays in France League 1&2

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »

Why just spew out such nonsense. Guadeloupe has been doing better at Gold Cup more consistently than T&T.

This same U20 team gave Club Sando the top Super League Team 4.

Guadeloupe has more players playing top level football than T&T. Like Haiti, they can produce an entire squad that plays in France League 1&2

People here does accuse the US of being arrogant like all de mirrors in dey house break.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 06:08:04 AM »
Good job by the TFA.

And thank God, or else we would have had no games to long forward to this international date.

I understand they paid the bill.

Thank for for helping out the TTFA also.

Where you get that info from Errol ?

I could not make the game in Bago as I had to fly out to Europe but I called my friend who went over and he is well informed as he knows alot of people in the current football set up and he told me that the TTFA offered a friendly game to both TFA/THA since July because they have not hosted a game for over two years. According to him that was the new general sec's idea. Tiger's son, cannot remember his first name.

THA only wanted to give 50k towards the event so the TTFA informed the TFA they can have all gate receipts to help out.

The reason for the U20 selection, I'm told , was due to available resources and the need for the U20 to get a final practice game before they host the 2014 CFU cup. My friend say the boys held their own and should have won the game. Not bad vs a senior team.

TFA did not think the stadium would be ready and did not want to support the event but I'm told TTFA, SPORTT and Peter Granville really pushed it over the line and we have to give some kudos to all involved for pulling it off with limited resources.

As a fan of Trinbago Football it was refreshing to hear 3 parties come together to ensure a smooth fixture and allow the kids to gain some much needed experience.

Thank you for clearing that up.

At least 50k is better than none.

Really, how much did it cost to get the U20 to Tobago?

Peter Granville really pushed Tobago United out of the league to.

;)

Anyways, wasn't trying to be smart, just giving props to the TFA for helping out.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
I don't post very much dese days ..whenever I post people say I phewin out nonsense..That U20 team is a waste ah time ..There are better players in Trinidad and Tobago.
Now ..I want to say also that not only the U20 is a waste of money..the senior team is a bigger waste..I will will tell you why.
There are certain principles that are to be followed in order to be successful in football and these principles are not followed in Trinidad and Tobago. Granted that football is an art and not a science one could learn a lot over time and thru observation.
The principles:
Objective
 Offensive
 Mass,
 Economy of Force,
 Maneuver,
Unity of Effort,
Risk Management,
Surprise,
Simplicity,
Restraint
 Perseverance.

I will expound on these principles should anyone desire clarification.

1]; } ?>