March 28, 2024, 09:42:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua & Barbuda Game (12-Oct-2014)  (Read 11080 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua & Barbuda Game (12-Oct-2014)
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Very happy and a sigh of relief with a clean sheet, further boosting the T&T brand that is in repair in the post-Jackula period.
Happy that we won with good organized football and there are no coach mutiny issues.
Happy that fresh Antigua, feeling dey in ting, with their alternate role as The Barracudas playing in de US league, were put in their damn place.
Happy that we will go a little further up the ranking table, having beaten an imposter ranked higher.
Happy that a winning team means happy fans in stands, on the socawarriors website and chance for non-damaging articles from T&T journalists. Happy that Fazeer Mohammed should have nutten cynical to say.
Happy that everybody who played had no serious injuries.
Happy that our defense is showing so much depth that we doh even have to play Yohance Marshall. Never have we had it so good for our defense.
Happy that Molino and Guerra are such class acts and in such good form.
Happy that Hector came in to his own and showed what he can do with one of the best cracks at goal.
Happy that Hyland showed his solidity and relevance at a time when some of the observers were beginning to act up about him.
Happy that Jan was solid in stopping some dangerous raids. Happy Leston geh a touch and another cap.
Ah jess happy, that we buildin' good vibes and good player, fan & sponsor morale. :beermug:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:06:44 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
To all the players , the coach  and his technical staff  thank yuh,  thank yuh,  thank yuh all for a job well done  .....!!.   get ready for de road .......onwards to jamaica ...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »
well done tnt...all the best in jamaica.

The match had a feel of Antigua trying to make sure no bad result for them...not really parking the bus...but very cautious and well organised.

tnt playing well and getting better.... making an IDENTITY,,
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »
well done tnt...all the best in jamaica.

The match had a feel of Antigua trying to make sure no bad result for them...not really parking the bus...but very cautious and well organised.

tnt playing well and getting better.... making an IDENTITY,,
Saw you in the crowd supporting the team via the live stream.

Good job!!  :chilling:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2014, 11:08:08 PM »
‘Almost perfect’ Warriors keep 100 percent record; Jones targets Caribbean title
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The first noticeable slip from a Trinidad and Tobago footballer at the Ato Boldon Stadium tonight came about half hour after the final whistle as the media playfully grilled midfielder Hughtun Hector about life in Vietnam where he represents champion club, Hanoi T&T.
“I try to learn a few words but the language is difficult,” said Hector. “I learned to say a few things like: ‘thanks’ and ‘I love you’.”
The diminutive playmaker turned red as reporters roared in laughter. Hector had probably said a little bit more about life in Vietnam than he would have liked.
In the prior 90 minutes, though, the “Soca Warriors” gave nothing away as the Trinidad and Tobago senior team edged Antigua and Barbuda 1-0 for its third successive win of the 2014 Caribbean Cup qualifying tournament.
Both teams advance to the regional finals. Trinidad and Tobago will play in Group A alongside defending champion, Cuba, French Guiana and Curacao while Antigua and Barbuda is in Group B with host Jamaica, Martinique and Haiti.
Trinidad and Tobago coach Stephen Hart suggested that regional football fans should get used to seeing a lot of Antigua and Barbuda.
“I was really impressed with Antigua,” said Hart. “I will make a prediction; I think you will see them in the (2015) Gold Cup.”
Antigua and Barbuda has never qualified for CONCACAF’s showcase tournament before and the tiny nation can hardly afford to be cocky in a group that includes two former Caribbean champions, Jamaica and Martinique, and a Haitian team on an upward trajectory.
But the “Benna Boys”, led by Polish technical director Piotr Nowak and coach Rolston Williams, were not short of tactical discipline and desire in Couva and, even without injured midfield ace Jorrin Jones, were able to conjure up a few half chances tonight.
There was no doubting Trinidad and Tobago’s superiority though and, for once, Hart was satisfied.
“I am very, very proud of the team tonight,” said Hart. “(Antigua and Barbuda) played exactly as we thought and I thought we executed well. I was most impressed with the discipline we kept in the game...
“We knew they would sit deep, try to pull us forward and see what happened after that. I told the players: don’t throw yourselves into it; be patient and move the ball around and you will get chances.”
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/10/13/almost-perfect-warriors-edge-antigua-and-target-caribbean-title/

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 04:33:53 AM »
highlights? also tht baracuda team has been dismantled for over 2 years. the commentator was wrong.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
How come there is no highlights video for this game up to now?

Can anyone help?!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
where are the highlights???

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »

Sorry boss none online at the moment.

Offline CDR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2014, 04:55:19 AM »

Sorry boss none online at the moment.

why? every other game had one

1]; } ?>